Halo 4 dropped from MLG like hot garbage: BLOPS2 superiority confirmed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Theres no official comment from Major League Gaming as to why Halo has been dropped, though its been mentioned that Microsoft signed an exclusive deal with Virgin Gaming giving them access to the game over MLG. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/24/halo-out-and-cod-in-at-major-league-gaming-but-why/ it's probably not the only reason, as stated in the article but it could be, cows jumping the gun on Hazy information=business as usual,lol
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

How many Ps3 exclusives actually make it to the MLG? And cows accuse lems of using multiplats for ownage,loldelta3074

I laughing at all the cows calling COD BO2 the king of shooters or something similar to that because of this.What happened to them praising kz2 and 3 and the resistance games.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 super600  Moderator

As an MLG gamer I can confirm this. Halo 4 takes no skill.

PhazonBlazer

Say that when you;re able to call airplanes, dogs or a helicopter from ordinance drops in future halo games which won't happen by the way.:P

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]So why are the cows laughing? It is not like any PS3 games have ever been a major game in MLG. Halo has been in MLG for years unlike any PS3 exclusive. It even shows when they are celebrating about CoD a game that is not only multiplat but one that sells better on the 360. delta3074
Darn it, you beat me to it, Again:)

Great minds think alike :)
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

MLG is a load of bollocks and so is e-sports, FFS call ti competative gaming cause honestly e-sports sounds like something coined by obese children who actually can't play sports.

and in before "butthurt" or "rustled jimmies" i actually think MLG and E-sports is everything wrong with gaming now, especialyl MLG and their sponsorships..dont even bother getting me started on that.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
honestly e-sports sounds like something coined by obese children who actually can't play sports.razgriz_101
Not gonna lei, spat my tea out and laughed my face off when i read this,lol
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"]Theres no official comment from Major League Gaming as to why Halo has been dropped, though its been mentioned that Microsoft signed an exclusive deal with Virgin Gaming giving them access to the game over MLG. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/24/halo-out-and-cod-in-at-major-league-gaming-but-why/ it's probably not the only reason, as stated in the article but it could be, cows jumping the gun on Hazy information=business as usual,lol

I don't know but there is a thread on GA about Halo 4 numbers online,comparing Reach number from January 2011 to Halo 4 numbers in January 2013,Halo wasn't even getting 200k Halo Reach was at close to 900K i do remember i use to play Halo Reach online and numbers way higher than 200K,while i never saw 900K i did saw on Reach 780K.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#158 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Can't say I enjoy the multiplayer for Halo 4. It's not much fun.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#159 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Haters gonna hate....because it's Halo!

Other than a few lag and the lack of some playlists, Halo 4 is an awesome multiplayer game.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#160 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

I do. In a Halo vs Killzone thread a while ago. I'm too lazy to find it but take my word on it. Actually, knowing SW is not that hard to believe in my word.

Eddie-Vedder
I'm sure some people have said it, but it's terrible argument. League of Legends is garbage from a competitive standpoint because it's all about the metagame and what is the most OP at any given time.

Wow this kid is ignorant.

You really shouldn't be throwing that label around, Eddie.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#161 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I'm sure some people have said it, but it's terrible argument. League of Legends is garbage from a competitive standpoint because it's all about the metagame and what is the most OP at any given time.

Wow this kid is ignorant.

You really shouldn't be throwing that label around, Eddie.

Lol so true. What a hypocrite.
Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
As an MLG gamer (I'm not but I'm going to pretend I am like others ITT) I dub Halo 2 as the best console multiplayer shooter of all time.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Haters gonna hate....because it's Halo!

Other than a few lag and the lack of some playlists, Halo 4 is an awesome multiplayer game.

PAL360

I'm glad to finally see the forge playlist out now.

It felt really nice to play swat on Shutout (Lockout/Blackout remake)

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#164 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

This reminds me that I need to replay Halo 4 sometime soon...

What a great game.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#165 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Ly_the_Fairy

Indeed, finally ;)

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

While Halo 4 is complete garbage, and the definition of franchise betrayal, the reason they dropped Halo 4 was because MS signed a deal with VIrgin Gaming for exclusive tournaments.

Thefatness16
This. The ignorance on this board is sometimes appalling.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

PAL360

Indeed, finally ;)

I just wonder how they'll support that playlist. I would love some of the maps to show up in normal playlists, but I'm not sure how they'll be selected.

I wish there was a vote button at the end of every round :P

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

I do. In a Halo vs Killzone thread a while ago. I'm too lazy to find it but take my word on it. Actually, knowing SW is not that hard to believe in my word.

Eddie-Vedder

I'm sure some people have said it, but it's terrible argument. League of Legends is garbage from a competitive standpoint because it's all about the metagame and what is the most OP at any given time.

Wow this kid is ignorant. There are bans in LoL, and the top top teams have remained top teams since pretty much forever, the meta changed, patches came and went, new champs were released and the top teams remained top teams. League is an incredible game competitive wise, that's all it is, there is no single player, it's a competitive game at it's root.

Please, you're obviously a <1300 elo player just based on what you said. League of Legends is broken at it's core. Every game >1500 ELO or so is played with the same 20-30 champs, which by the way is <25% of the full roster. And whenever a team comes in and tries to do something crazy, changing the way the game plays, Riot steps in and nerfs it.

Take Evelynn for example, in Season 2 she received a series of buffs and a rework that made her quite viable once again. But people started playing her mid, and using her ultimate as a takedown rather than an initiation, as Riot intended. So what do they do? They completely change how her ultimate works, now only scaling off current health other than max health. This essentially removes her as viable in ranked because she doesn't have the massive AoE nuke/slow that was so helpful in teamfight. And that's just one example of hundreds of similar cases.

TL;DR: Riot doesn't care if champs are op as long as they follow the set style that they want for the game.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
I can't take anyone who plays CoD/Halo "competitively" seriously.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#170 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Eddie-Vedder

Wow this kid is ignorant. There are bans in LoL, and the top top teams have remained top teams since pretty much forever, the meta changed, patches came and went, new champs were released and the top teams remained top teams. League is an incredible game competitive wise, that's all it is, there is no single player, it's a competitive game at it's root.

Compared to something like StarCraft, League of Legends is a joke. It's always been about the metagame, and what champions are good, which items and runes are good, and which one aren't. And no, the teams from Season 1 are not topping now. It's a completely different game. I like Legue, but it's not a really competitive game like StarCraft or Quake or Counter-Strike is.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#171 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Halo 4 feels like such a stripped down version....it's kind of a step back for the series. Aside from the rediculously short campaign, they also removed many of the features from past Halo installments (such as fire fight etc...), sure they have sparton ops but let's be honest here, that sucks and you all know it.

Halo....it just ain't what it used to be. Why can't it be great again like it was last gen?

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Please, you're obviously a <1300 elo player just based on what you said. League of Legends is broken at it's core. Every game >1500 ELO or so is played with the same 20-30 champs, which by the way is <25% of the full roster. And whenever a team comes in and tries to do something crazy, changing the way the game plays, Riot steps in and nerfs it.

Take Evelynn for example, in Season 2 she received a series of buffs and a rework that made her quite viable once again. But people started playing her mid, and using her ultimate as a takedown rather than an initiation, as Riot intended. So what do they do? They completely change how her ultimate works, now only scaling off current health other than max health. This essentially removes her as viable in ranked because she doesn't have the massive AoE nuke/slow that was so helpful in teamfight. And that's just one example of hundreds of similar cases.

TL;DR: Riot doesn't care if champs are op as long as they follow the set style that they want for the game.

Plagueless

There isnt really much of a meta game in the top teams. If you do that then you either need to be pro as hell with it (Like CLG.EU) and just be able to do crazy things (Like Azubu F).

The problem with eve was also the problem with Kat before they nerfed DFG. When you can 2 hit pretty much any champ its a bit over powered. Eve was like LB in the way that she had massive burst, but she didnt trail off late game like LB did.

League could be competitive, but Riot just want to make more money off of new champs rather tan working with what they already have.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="Plagueless"]Please, you're obviously a <1300 elo player just based on what you said. League of Legends is broken at it's core. Every game >1500 ELO or so is played with the same 20-30 champs, which by the way is <25% of the full roster. And whenever a team comes in and tries to do something crazy, changing the way the game plays, Riot steps in and nerfs it.

Iantheone
There isnt really much of a meta game in the top teams. If you do that then you either need to be pro as hell with it (Like CLG.EU) and just be able to do crazy things (Like Azubu F). The problem with eve was also the problem with Kat before they nerfed DFG. When you can 2 hit pretty much any champ its a bit over powered. Eve was like LB in the way that she had massive burst, but she didnt trail off late game like LB did. League could be competitive, but Riot just want to make more money off of new champs rather tan working with what they already have.

^This. No point in spending serious effort to balance the game because that doesn't boost their bottom line.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
Big deal, i do not care what the hardcorez in mlg think. For me it is very competitive and way more skill based than any game like call of duty.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#175 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

mlg is permabad they dropped quake live in like a day since 2gd kept bad mouthing MLG and talking about dreamhack the entire time

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

lol low skill ceiling console games.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

MLG, lol. Badosh

Halo 4 LOL. Thank god for COD and it's 60fps superior gameplay. Halo is for unskilled morons.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Badosh"]MLG, lol. Headpopper333

Halo 4 LOL. Thank god for COD and it's 60fps superior gameplay. Halo is for unskilled morons.

:lol:

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#179 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
Good. Halo 4 isn't a good game to get competitive over, but is tons of fun to play.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I'm sure some people have said it, but it's terrible argument. League of Legends is garbage from a competitive standpoint because it's all about the metagame and what is the most OP at any given time.Plagueless

Awwwh cute, LoL players talking ratings.
TonyKoeffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#181 TonyKoeffler
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

The question that remains to be asked is....

What the hell is hot garbage?

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
[QUOTE="Plagueless"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Wow this kid is ignorant. There are bans in LoL, and the top top teams have remained top teams since pretty much forever, the meta changed, patches came and went, new champs were released and the top teams remained top teams. League is an incredible game competitive wise, that's all it is, there is no single player, it's a competitive game at it's root. MBirdy88

Ratings that actually show your skill level and knowledge of the game.......:roll:
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#183 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Plagueless

Last LCS EU event there was 64 champs used at the event

Evelynn at her state was not just viable she was OP. Even Chaox would go on that having Eve on your team was almost a given win. She was way over powered and had to be nerfed.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

The question that remains to be asked is....

What the hell is hot garbage?

TonyKoeffler
Look in the Mirror and you'll see it.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
MLG should have picked up Warhawk. That game was balanced
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

"At top levels, players used to know where anyone could be on a map, where they could hit them from, and where they were likely to run to, but give them a jetpack and suddenly all that knowledge goes out the window.

The real problem with Halo 4 is that it introduced more randomness than ever into multiplayer gameplay. That might be perfectly fun for regular players, many of whom were proud to announce Halo was back! with last years new game, but its vastly different from how Halo used to function for pros"

So basically Halo 4 makes people try to adapt to new challenges and stops a 1 way system type gameplay. Honestly this has to be the biggest pile of **** I have ever seen that relates to anything being "pro". Why shouldn't there be more things to contend with that can effect the game? Truely embarrasing.

o0squishy0o
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#187 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

MLG bads

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
CoD games have the capital and the popularity to do well in the MLG world. They are great fps.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]Please, you're obviously a <1300 elo player just based on what you said. League of Legends is broken at it's core. Every game >1500 ELO or so is played with the same 20-30 champs, which by the way is <25% of the full roster. And whenever a team comes in and tries to do something crazy, changing the way the game plays, Riot steps in and nerfs it.

HarlockJC

Last LCS EU event there was 64 champs used at the event

Evelynn at her state was not just viable she was OP. Even Chaox would go on that having Eve on your team was almost a given win. She was way over powered and had to be nerfed.

Exactly, Riot is pretty amazing at balancing, OP's do come about here and there, it's inevitable, but they try their best and usually do a great job at balancing the game. Even when they crackle through there are 6 bans, and counter picks etc... I don't understand how these dudes can say LoL is a bad competitive game, it's the definition of an ultra competitive team game, it's all it is, there is no single player.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I'm sure some people have said it, but it's terrible argument. League of Legends is garbage from a competitive standpoint because it's all about the metagame and what is the most OP at any given time.

Compared to something like StarCraft, League of Legends is a joke. It's always been about the metagame, and what champions are good, which items and runes are good, and which one aren't. And no, the teams from Season 1 are not topping now. It's a completely different game. I like Legue, but it's not a really competitive game like StarCraft or Quake or Counter-Strike is.

WRONG. The teams that usually win the big events are the ones that BREAK the metagame, that come with something new, M5 with their counter jungling back in season 2, or the korean tower rushing, or the aggressive support style back in season 1. The metagame is simply the most effective STANDARD way to play the game, high level tournaments feature the best players in the world, that practice 12 hours a day off stream and show up with picks, builds and strats people don't expect. M5 is a prime example of that. Also starcraft is a 1v1 game, LoL is a team game, it doesn't compare. It's ignorant to claim LoL is a bad competitive game, it's the definition of an ultra competitive team game, 6 bans, counter picks, over 100 champs, tons of build variance and strats, late game, early agression, lane swaping, counter jungling, global strat, poke, split push. And even with all the variance the top teams are always at the top because they understand the game, they see things coming, they create new strats first. It isn't "oh herp I play olaf, olaf is OP this patch so my team will win the next big tournament." It's not even close to how it works. Teams will just ban him if they don't have first pick, counter him if they can deal with him or first pick him...
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#193 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Exactly, Riot is pretty amazing at balancing, OP's do come about here and there, it's inevitable, but they try their best and usually do a great job at balancing the game. Even when they crackle through there are 6 bans, and counter picks etc... I don't understand how these dudes can say LoL is a bad competitive game, it's the definition of an ultra competitive team game, it's all it is, there is no single player.

It's not like she was nerfed out of use either. She saw play on the first day. I think once they fix the warmogs issue, she will see even more play. Olaf is too powerful right now because of Warmogs, Remove that and she will be fine. I find though that when someone is winning a lot with a champ and it gets nerfed Riot evil. The forget the fact that the champ was nerfed to begin with because it was too easy to win with X champ. Riot is a great company and they do a good job.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"]

"At top levels, players used to know where anyone could be on a map, where they could hit them from, and where they were likely to run to, but give them a jetpack and suddenly all that knowledge goes out the window.

The real problem with Halo 4 is that it introduced more randomness than ever into multiplayer gameplay. That might be perfectly fun for regular players, many of whom were proud to announce Halo was back! with last years new game, but its vastly different from how Halo used to function for pros"

So basically Halo 4 makes people try to adapt to new challenges and stops a 1 way system type gameplay. Honestly this has to be the biggest pile of **** I have ever seen that relates to anything being "pro". Why shouldn't there be more things to contend with that can effect the game? Truely embarrasing.

Lotus-Edge

The problem with some of the MP modes is the random weapons you can get from ordinance drops. and the broken JIP system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Plagueless"] Please, you're obviously a <1300 elo player just based on what you said. League of Legends is broken at it's core. Every game >1500 ELO or so is played with the same 20-30 champs, which by the way is <25% of the full roster. And whenever a team comes in and tries to do something crazy, changing the way the game plays, Riot steps in and nerfs it.

Plagueless

Ratings that actually show your skill level and knowledge of the game.......:roll:

Captain Obvious,
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#196 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

It's easy: it is far easier to get cheap kills in CoD than it is Halo. In CoD games:

• The damage threshold is so low, that you can kill anyone in 1 second.
  • The first to shoot almost always gets the kill
  • You don't have to shoot accurately, you can do just fine with a "spray and pray" shooting style
  • You can set mines (bouncing bettys in BO2), claymores, etc. for booby-trap kills
  • You can camp. You can camp in corners, behind counters, lying on the ground at the end of a corridor, etc.

With Halo 4, you have to use strategy and skill to get kills.

• The damage threshold is much higher; 5-6 seconds to kill an opponent
  • Accurate shooting is a necessity - firing first is not enough
  • There is vehicle combat
  • There are no "cheap kill" booby traps.
  • The maps are not flat (armor abilities and vehicles stretch the vertical)

Most competitive gaming is done using quick refelexes and "knowing the tricks". That fits perfectly with CoD games. Halo games require a bit more skill, and have far less tricks.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="Plagueless"] Ratings that actually show your skill level and knowledge of the game.......:roll:

Nah not really. You can get lucky and win your first few placement games and get up to 1500 or so elo.
Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts
Everyone already knows Halo has gone downhill and is no longer a top shooter.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Halo has auto aim like COD, both should be dropped.Pug-Nasty

The aim assist is the same for everyone, thus it does nothing to limit the competitveness of the games. Black Ops II, however, has lag in split screen as well as over LAN. There is advantage/disadvantage time travel lag built into the game because Treyarch are incompetent.

Hell ya there is lag. That is so frustrating!

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Halo has auto aim like COD, both should be dropped.TheGuardian03

The aim assist is the same for everyone, thus it does nothing to limit the competitveness of the games. Black Ops II, however, has lag in split screen as well as over LAN. There is advantage/disadvantage time travel lag built into the game because Treyarch are incompetent.

Hell ya there is lag. That is so frustrating!

Time travel lag? Isnt it a glitch, because my audio got cut out with it once as well.