halo 3 vs mario galaxy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 virtuas
Member since 2007 • 1312 Posts
its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????
braydee1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 braydee1234
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts
its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????virtuas
I think, the 360 and Wii will be more or less level until H3 is out. Then you can mark up to 7 million extra consoles, and even though thats alot, you all know its possible.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts

its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????virtuas

You know what they say about assumptions. First of all Halo outsold Mario last gen. And second of all Halo is worldwide as well, just not Japan. 

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
I like both games, but I only own Mario games. But, I can assure you, Halo 3 owns Mario (in terms of popularity of course)
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="virtuas"]its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????shsonline

You know what they say about assumptions. First of all Halo outsold Mario last gen. And second of all Halo is worldwide as well, just not Japan. 

o yea Japan loves the 360
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts
Halo 3 will sell more..........
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Halo 3 is a niche title. Mario is a mass appeal title. Mario wins.
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 virtuas
the only reason halo 2 won is because the GC had less hardware sales compared to xbox ( only by 1 million). this time wii is way stronger than gc. when xmas comes, galaxy will prevail imo.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts

[QUOTE="virtuas"]its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????shsonline

NSMB oustold Halo and Halo 2
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shsonline
[QUOTE="shsonline"]

[QUOTE="virtuas"]its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????AvinashTyagi

I'm sorry but were we talking about a handheld game? The TC specifically stated Mario Galaxy? What's your problem? 

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shsonline

the only reason halo 2 won is because the GC had less hardware sales compared to xbox ( only by 1 million). this time wii is way stronger than gc. when xmas comes, galaxy will prevail imo.virtuas

We'll see...

Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
I made this thread before and I claim that Super Mario Galaxy will sell more.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="shsonline"]

I'm sorry but were we talking about a handheld game? The TC specifically stated Mario Galaxy? What's your problem? 

Clearly to show that Mario has more popularity than Halo, and was only held back by the GC sales last gen
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
I don't care what sells more it's about if the game is good or not.
Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts
Okay...sales wise?  Mario Galaxy will sell better than Halo 3.  A LOT better?  No way...it'll BARELY outsell it.  Which is saying something about Halo.  Mario is a huge success EVERYWHERE in the world, especially here in the states and in Japan.  Halo isn't popluar in Japan.  Actually, Halo isn't popular in Asia, period.  It's just that Halo is so successful here in the states and over in the UK that it could almost catch mario.  I mean, I don't know.  I'd bet that Mario Galaxy sells more, but...this is friggin Halo 3 we're talking about.  The hype for that game is going to be...almost annoying.  Can't wait for either tho.
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts
Halo 3 easily in sales.  First, 360 will still have a bigger install base than Wii by years end.  Second, 360 has a higher attach rate of games per user.  Third, Halo 2 sold 8 million last gen compared to Mario which sold 5 million with the same base numbers.  Halo 2 also had the biggest one day sale of any game ever.  So people saying mario has bigger hype is fooling themselves.  Go ask Gamespot/EB who has the most reserves right now Halo 3/Mario on Wii.  I guarantee you won't find a single employee anywhere saying Mario has bigger hype.  Even IGN, 1up and EGM editors on gamehead were saying Halo 3 and GTAIV where the biggest titles of the year.  No where did they mention Mario.
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
Halo 3 will sell more because the install base is bigger.  When Halo 2 came out, there was a strange sickness in the US that prevented people from coming to work on release day.  I forget the percentage of people that were absent that day, but it was very high.
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 virtuas
Halo 3 easily in sales. First, 360 will still have a bigger install base than Wii by years end. Second, 360 has a higher attach rate of games per user. Third, Halo 2 sold 8 million last gen compared to Mario which sold 5 million with the same base numbers. Halo 2 also had the biggest one day sale of any game ever. So people saying mario has bigger hype is fooling themselves. Go ask Gamespot/EB who has the most reserves right now Halo 3/Mario on Wii. I guarantee you won't find a single employee anywhere saying Mario has bigger hype. Even IGN, 1up and EGM editors on gamehead were saying Halo 3 and GTAIV where the biggest titles of the year. No where did they mention Mario.rexoverbey
ign 1up and egm editor also said how the ps3 will dominate when it comes out. heres a fact. at the rate of wii selling, there is no doubt in most ppls mind that 360 will 2nd by xmas season. mario sales will not only come to hardcore gamers but also those casual gamers as well. from what i understand casual gamers outnumber hardcore gamers.
Rendarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Rendarian
Member since 2003 • 9444 Posts
It's hard to say as they are such different genres, game system types, etc.
RKFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RKFS
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts

You're fatal error is that your comparing Gamecube, a poorly selling console, to Wii...
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rexoverbey

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]Halo 3 easily in sales. First, 360 will still have a bigger install base than Wii by years end. Second, 360 has a higher attach rate of games per user. Third, Halo 2 sold 8 million last gen compared to Mario which sold 5 million with the same base numbers. Halo 2 also had the biggest one day sale of any game ever. So people saying mario has bigger hype is fooling themselves. Go ask Gamespot/EB who has the most reserves right now Halo 3/Mario on Wii. I guarantee you won't find a single employee anywhere saying Mario has bigger hype. Even IGN, 1up and EGM editors on gamehead were saying Halo 3 and GTAIV where the biggest titles of the year. No where did they mention Mario.virtuas
ign 1up and egm editor also said how the ps3 will dominate when it comes out. heres a fact. at the rate of wii selling, there is no doubt in most ppls mind that 360 will 2nd by xmas season. mario sales will not only come to hardcore gamers but also those casual gamers as well. from what i understand casual gamers outnumber hardcore gamers.

360 won't be second christmas season quit fooling yourself. 360 has a system seller lineup this year. It beat out the Wii last Christmas and the same will happen this year. Wii hype is falling and so had it's sales this month. With the wii not having a good 3rd party support this year expect it's sales to continue to fall.

Plus go look at the Rank on gamespot for Halo 3 and then go to Super Mario Wii ;)

Rendarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rendarian
Member since 2003 • 9444 Posts
Halo 3 will sell more because the install base is bigger.  When Halo 2 came out, there was a strange sickness in the US that prevented people from coming to work on release day.  I forget the percentage of people that were absent that day, but it was very high.WARRZONE
I dare say the syndrome was limited to a highly selective demograph.
redflagwaving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 redflagwaving
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
mario galaxy > Halo 3. plain and simple
RKFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RKFS
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts
I think it really depends on the percent of users for each console that choose Halo 3 or MG...
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rexoverbey
[QUOTE="WARRZONE"]Halo 3 will sell more because the install base is bigger.  When Halo 2 came out, there was a strange sickness in the US that prevented people from coming to work on release day.  I forget the percentage of people that were absent that day, but it was very high.Rendarian

8 million + sold says otherwise on an install base of 20 million.
dreadlord12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 dreadlord12345
Member since 2006 • 3073 Posts
the wii neads another
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 virtuas

[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]Halo 3 easily in sales. First, 360 will still have a bigger install base than Wii by years end. Second, 360 has a higher attach rate of games per user. Third, Halo 2 sold 8 million last gen compared to Mario which sold 5 million with the same base numbers. Halo 2 also had the biggest one day sale of any game ever. So people saying mario has bigger hype is fooling themselves. Go ask Gamespot/EB who has the most reserves right now Halo 3/Mario on Wii. I guarantee you won't find a single employee anywhere saying Mario has bigger hype. Even IGN, 1up and EGM editors on gamehead were saying Halo 3 and GTAIV where the biggest titles of the year. No where did they mention Mario.rexoverbey

360 won't be second christmas season quit fooling yourself. 360 has a system seller lineup this year. It beat out the Wii last Christmas and the same will happen this year. Wii hype is falling and so had it's sales this month. With the wii not having a good 3rd party support this year expect it's sales to continue to fall.

Plus go look at the Rank on gamespot for Halo 3 and then go to Super Mario Wii ;)

the only reason the wii was outsold because there werent any more wii to sell. EVERheard of the world SOLDOUT
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 virtuas

[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="rexoverbey"]Halo 3 easily in sales. First, 360 will still have a bigger install base than Wii by years end. Second, 360 has a higher attach rate of games per user. Third, Halo 2 sold 8 million last gen compared to Mario which sold 5 million with the same base numbers. Halo 2 also had the biggest one day sale of any game ever. So people saying mario has bigger hype is fooling themselves. Go ask Gamespot/EB who has the most reserves right now Halo 3/Mario on Wii. I guarantee you won't find a single employee anywhere saying Mario has bigger hype. Even IGN, 1up and EGM editors on gamehead were saying Halo 3 and GTAIV where the biggest titles of the year. No where did they mention Mario.rexoverbey

i was just in circuitcity this morning and 40 ppl are outside waiting for the wii. quit fooling urself. the sales are not falling and it wont fall at all, mind you there arent any AAA games yet. imagine when pokemon and all those mario series comes out.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Halo 3. I can't think of any games that are destined to have that kind of attach rate.
DragonZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonZ3
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="virtuas"]its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????braydee1234
I think, the 360 and Wii will be more or less level until H3 is out. Then you can mark up to 7 million extra consoles, and even though thats alot, you all know its possible.

Man i want to know what you are smoking. yes halo will be a big seller but you are saying that no1 who already owns a 360 will buy it? coz halo 2 only sold 7 mil copies.  so know i do not think it will be a big console seller. just a large copy seller. but you can believe what you like lol.

se14kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 se14kid
Member since 2006 • 1942 Posts
i own a wii and mario galaxy is a must have game 4 wii owners but there are much more 360 fans than wii supporters and without a dout 360 fans will be picking up halo 3 soon as it hits shelves but it we'll just have to wait. Just imagine them both releasing on the same day......
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts
Halo 3 is a niche title. Mario is a mass appeal title. Mario wins.foxhound_fox
That doesn't make sense. Just like Mario, the Halo series also has huge mass appeal. How could a game with such a huge following be a niche title? I think that it's impossible to tell which game will have better sales because they're two very different games, and they won't be in direct competition with each other as a result.  I have a red car.
Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Libralesso
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
they will be close in sales but i think Mario is a superior game
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
Halo 3 WILL win!!!
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
It terms of sales, Halo will surpass SMG without a doubt. And this is coming from a Nintendo fan. Halo is just too powerful with casuals.
Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shadow_Link50
Member since 2004 • 1853 Posts

Failing sales this month? What are you talking about?
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
[QUOTE="Rendarian"][QUOTE="WARRZONE"]Halo 3 will sell more because the install base is bigger.  When Halo 2 came out, there was a strange sickness in the US that prevented people from coming to work on release day.  I forget the percentage of people that were absent that day, but it was very high.rexoverbey

8 million + sold says otherwise on an install base of 20 million.

If that ratio stays true, then over 4 million copies will be sold through Q4.
KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

[QUOTE="virtuas"]its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????braydee1234

I don't know I think that everybody that has a 360 will pick up Halo3 and not the same will be said about the casual loving Wii and there are more 360's in the rotation than Wii's right now.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
It will depend on the user base. Considering the Wii situation right now I have no idea how this will turn out.
Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
[QUOTE="shsonline"]

[QUOTE="virtuas"]its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????palaric8

o yea Japan loves the 360

If a Japanese company marketed their own fart stink, the Japanese public would buy it...
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

[QUOTE="braydee1234"][QUOTE="virtuas"]its obvious that before 2007 nintendo wii will have will equal or surpass 360 userbase. my question is that which would win software sales, halo 3 or mario galaxy. i assume mario because mario is worldwide while halo is mostly N.A.. what do you guys think?????KingOfJersey

I don't know I think that everybody that has a 360 will pick up Halo3 and not the same will be said about the casual loving Wii and there are more 360's in the rotation than Wii's right now.

That would make more sense if Halo was not such a casual friendly game.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

Considering past Mario games and recently new ones (NSMB) have outsold Halo 1 and 2, Super Mario Galaxy definitely has the possibility as well. I think it all depends on if it is as revolutionary as Mario 64, or is it just another Sunshine (I actually liked Sunshine, so don't take that the wrong way). And lets be honest, everyone knows Mario will have excellent sales anyway, but if it is like Mario 64, I think we can expect Mario 64 sales which was around 12 million I think.

Avatar image for Luigi_Vincetana
Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Luigi_Vincetana
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
I'm going to say that the Wii's big seller this Christmas will be SSBB seeing how SSBM is the GCN's top selling game at 6-7million units sold worldwide.