Halo 3 Multiplayer Problems....

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 RogueGoose
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

I can't believe this game is not getting more attention in System Wars... It slipped under the radar for no reason what so ever... Mabye its because Cows are scared of getting owned or Lemmings are scared of finding some problems with it... Or everyone is playing it happily together (Mabye some day... in ****)

Anyway I'm a major Halo fan (even though I act like a Cow on here... With some other accounts ( NON are Banned))... But anyway Halo 3 has its fair share of problems. First thing that I've noticed... The Host Power is back and seems to be 2X as noticable with weapons like the Shotgun and Now its even in the Melee( Never had problems like this in Halo 2 with the melee... and I have a few thousand games played)

Second thing is Spawns are once again One of the Most annoying things I've ever seen... To many times has the enemy team tried to camp the Beach at High Ground and Made my team Rush them and Kill them all... and then while we are all still weak making are way to the weapons that we just fought so hard to get... they spawn right next to use with full sheilds and Dominate use while we are stuck reloading or Picking up a gun that needs to be reloaded. This is because it picks Sides which they spawn at depending on the color (One team Gets Beach other gets Buildings) and no matter who seems to be there it still wants to spawn them in the designated area....

Third of all the achievements are Extremely annoying... I'm not talking about the Skulls or the Terminals or beating the game on Legendary because I've done all of that, but all the online Achievements are for Free for All Game types... Which in My mind and many others... TAKE NO SKILL... I would have Much Prefered having Weapon achievements like Gears compared to Playlist Achievements... and there is not achievements for any other type of Play lists... The only Play lists that I like to play are Slayer and Tactical because there fun and I can go in with a Team of friends and have fun... Lone Wolves is by FAR my most hated play listand same with almost all of my Friends.

Finaly right now this game seems to be about 80% Luck and 20% Skill... There's not much to say this is just my Opinion from some of the weird stuff that I've seen happen in Multiplayer, but It just seems like a Giant Nade Feast...

But, there are things that I still like about it... I really like the Forge mode and the whole theater thing, but I don't know if its enough to make up for all the problems that I have seen.

Anyway For Halo 3 being such a great game its dropped under the radar on all of these gaming sites... If the PS3's Ratchet and Clanks can pull through on all the Media Hype that its getting ( Its not getting much compared to that of Halo 3) the PS3 may finaly get a Nice Little Kick in sales... Even though Ratchet has never been a system Seller... Halo 3 is not acting like one either...

But, If Ratchet fails then I'll just get a new Trumpet (Even though there 4 times the price of a PS3 for a Good one)...

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
I agree, there are tons of problems with the game that are minor but overall make it an annoying experiance. Ofcourse I'm not allowed to make a list because "I'm teh biased Hermit" so I'l just nod politely and leave it at that.
RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RogueGoose

Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....wolverine4262

46 (Slayer), Major... Sit Down...

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts

I Agree with all of that, except achievements because i dont care about them, but I can see the fustration to someone who does care.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Halo 3 didn't slip under the radar, the hype and talk surrounding it was so overwhelming that most of us have banned the existance of the game from our short-term memories.
papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts
it actually does take skill to play
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....RogueGoose

They use the "You suck" excuse all the time aswell, thats gotta be one of the most immature things within an online gaming community.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Host has been greatly reduced since Halo 2, and I've only encountered one or two cases of severe spawn camping, at least it happening to me or my team.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....RogueGoose

But it's 80% luck and 20% skill ;).

:lol:

Karma bit you in the ass, didn't it?

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
I suppose I'm able to overlook some of the mistakes, because it's so damn fun when I play. :)
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wolverine4262

:P... jeez, I was just kidding....I know what u mean wit the melee and shotgun, but Ive noticed some things with it... Shotgun seems to go to the person who fires second b/c the dist is much closer (it works when I started waiting longer to use it), melee always goes to the person with more health when the players do it at the same time which can be aggravating b/c you could have sworn that you hit him...I know, but its also likewise when yur in those positions...
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....FrozenLiquid

Snap! FrozenLiquid laid the smack down!

Long time no see Liquid....

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FrozenLiquid

wolverine4262

Yep lol.

Glad someone is using the Mark V helmet too!

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 papa_smurf_23
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....wolverine4262

no offense, but yourhalo characteris hella ugly....no offense
RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....FrozenLiquid

Ouch... Okay... wow... I have nothing... I got owned there, but All my other points still count... Until Isay somthing else really stupid...

The game still takes skill, but its Ruined by random Nades... half the time it becomes a major nade feast which takes no skill... at other times its okay, but Its still a problem... totaly Lost my Train of thought... What ever I'm done with this post before I look more ********...

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

Ouch... Okay... wow... I have nothing... I got owned there, but All my other points still count... Until Isay somthing else really stupid...

The game still takes skill, but its Ruined by random Nades... half the time it becomes a major nade feast which takes no skill... at other times its okay, but Its still a problem... totaly Lost my Train of thought... What ever I'm done with this post before I look more ********...

I don't mean any offense dude, I just saw a window of opportunity lol.

You'll probably own me in a match anyday.

Btw, if I were you, I'd get that trumpet.

You could be the next Quincy Jones!

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zeliard9
Frozen have you played any TF2 at all?
RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Dude, its not Bungie's fault you stink at the game....wolverine4262

:P... jeez, I was just kidding....I know what u mean wit the melee and shotgun, but Ive noticed some things with it... Shotgun seems to go to the person who fires second b/c the dist is much closer (it works when I started waiting longer to use it), melee always goes to the person with more health when the players do it at the same time which can be aggravating b/c you could have sworn that you hit him...I know, but its also likewise when yur in those positions...

Its not like 46, Major is anything Hard to get... You just have to play a few games... its to easy, but Still really annoying at the same time... I don't know how that works out, but it does...

The_Gamer81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Gamer81
Member since 2007 • 357 Posts

I can't believe this game is not getting more attention in System Wars... It slipped under the radar for no reason what so ever... Mabye its because Cows are scared of getting owned or Lemmings are scared of finding some problems with it... Or everyone is playing it happily together (Mabye some day... in ****)

Anyway I'm a major Halo fan (even though I act like a Cow on here... With some other accounts ( NON are Banned))... But anyway Halo 3 has its fair share of problems. First thing that I've noticed... The Host Power is back and seems to be 2X as noticable with weapons like the Shotgun and Now its even in the Melee( Never had problems like this in Halo 2 with the melee... and I have a few thousand games played)

Second thing is Spawns are once again One of the Most annoying things I've ever seen... To many times has the enemy team tried to camp the Beach at High Ground and Made my team Rush them and Kill them all... and then while we are all still weak making are way to the weapons that we just fought so hard to get... they spawn right next to use with full sheilds and Dominate use while we are stuck reloading or Picking up a gun that needs to be reloaded. This is because it picks Sides which they spawn at depending on the color (One team Gets Beach other gets Buildings) and no matter who seems to be there it still wants to spawn them in the designated area....

Third of all the achievements are Extremely annoying... I'm not talking about the Skulls or the Terminals or beating the game on Legendary because I've done all of that, but all the online Achievements are for Free for All Game types... Which in My mind and many others... TAKE NO SKILL... I would have Much Prefered having Weapon achievements like Gears compared to Playlist Achievements... and there is not achievements for any other type of Play lists... The only Play lists that I like to play are Slayer and Tactical because there fun and I can go in with a Team of friends and have fun... Lone Wolves is by FAR my most hated play listand same with almost all of my Friends.

Finaly right now this game seems to be about 80% Luck and 20% Skill... There's not much to say this is just my Opinion from some of the weird stuff that I've seen happen in Multiplayer, but It just seems like a Giant Nade Feast...

But, there are things that I still like about it... I really like the Forge mode and the whole theater thing, but I don't know if its enough to make up for all the problems that I have seen.

Anyway For Halo 3 being such a great game its dropped under the radar on all of these gaming sites... If the PS3's Ratchet and Clanks can pull through on all the Media Hype that its getting ( Its not getting much compared to that of Halo 3) the PS3 may finaly get a Nice Little Kick in sales... Even though Ratchet has never been a system Seller... Halo 3 is not acting like one either...

But, If Ratchet fails then I'll just get a new Trumpet (Even though there 4 times the price of a PS3 for a Good one)...

RogueGoose

what do you expect out of a medicore P2P network called XBL. I dare to say it that PSN owns XBL in terms of actual gameplay. I play online all the time on a wireless network and an internet speed of only 1mbps and has never experienced any lag whatsoever. Server based network FTW and it's Free. M$ = failure

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FrozenLiquid

Frozen have you played any TF2 at all?Zeliard9

Orange Box ain't out here yet mate.

Comes out Friday.

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]

FrozenLiquid

Yep lol.

Ewww... Mark V = Nasty... I use the Scout and the Rogue(Mainly because of the Name)Most the Time... I don't know Why I'm an elite right now...

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bansheesdie

The game still takes skill, but its Ruined by random Nades... half the time it becomes a major nade feast which takes no skillRogueGoose

You didn't play too much Halo 2 did you? Or at least not much with the MLG types did you? Thats were I learned to toss nades and how to toss nades.

Random nade tossing requires less then no skill, true. But learning were, when, and how to toss a frag so it will land were you want it to does take skill. I was very good at it in H2, but am still learning in H3.

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 papa_smurf_23
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"]

RogueGoose

Yep lol.

Ewww... Mark V = Nasty... I use the Scout and the Rogue(Mainly because of the Name)Most the Time... I don't know Why I'm an elite right now...

one word......hyabusa
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
The annoying things to me are when you are almost done killing one person, their teammates spawn and kill you...and then the melee system just sucks.  Doesnt matter who hits firsts
RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RogueGoose

[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]The game still takes skill, but its Ruined by random Nades... half the time it becomes a major nade feast which takes no skillBansheesdie

You didn't play too much Halo 2 did you? Or at least not much with the MLG types did you? Thats were I learned to toss nades and how to toss nades.

Random nade tossing requires less then no skill, true. But learning were, when, and how to toss a frag so it will land were you want it to does take skill. I was very good at it in H2, but am still learning in H3.

I sadly have over 8,000 Halo 2 Games... and yes I've played a Lot of MLG types... But, still Nades don't take still mainly luck...

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FrozenLiquid

RogueGoose

Aww no Mark V love?

lol I love the Mark V helmet!

It feels so good owning all the Mark VIs and the variations! lol.

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"]

papa_smurf_23

Yep lol.

one word......hyabusa

One Word... NO... Everyone has it and it LOOKS LAME...

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zeliard9

[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]Frozen have you played any TF2 at all?FrozenLiquid

Orange Box ain't out here yet mate.

Comes out Friday.

Can't you get it through Steam? And this isn't a PC vs console thing, but if you're gonna get HL2 and TF2 type games, PC's the way to go. Plus it's cheaper.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FrozenLiquid

The annoying things to me are when you are almost done killing one person, their teammates spawn and kill you...and then the melee system just sucks. Doesnt matter who hits firstsSnowboarder99

Achronos over at the Bungie.net forums had a really good explanation as to why the melee system requires more skill than the previous traditional method.

Although I'm still getting use to it and cursing at it, he's right. Having faster reflexes doesn't really mean you have more skill.

Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts

the 2 biggest problems with Halo 3's mp are

1. The stages a lot of them flat out stink, Isolation, The Pit, etc , They should've went all out and put Every Stage from Halo 2 in Halo 3 and some of the better ones from Halo CE such as Side Winder. I hope they add a lot of them cause there arent enough and there definitely arent enough satisfying BTB stages although Sandtrap is one of the best stages ever

2. The Modes, Vip Stinks flat out and needs to be its own gametype, there arent any neutral flag games ( The amazing Neutral flag BTB fights on Coag and Waterworks were legendary) , they need to make BTB ranked, and just add all the more gametypes on more stages

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"] You didn't play too much Halo 2 did you? Or at least not much with the MLG types did you? Thats were I learned to toss nades and how to toss nades.

RogueGoose

I sadly have over 8,000 Halo 2 Games... and yes I've played a Lot of MLG types... But, still Nades don't take still mainly luck...

Right...double bouncing a nade off a wall from around a courner at 15-20 feet takes zero skill. Are you serious?

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FrozenLiquid

Can't you get it through Steam? And this isn't a PC vs console thing, but if you're gonna get HL2 and TF2 type games, PC's the way to go. Plus it's cheaper.

Zeliard9

I usually avoid paying for digital downloads coz I don't trust the methods of payment.

And yeah, I told you before I'd get it on PC.

I even got slammed for being an arrogant hermit when I criticized TF2 on consoles.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]Yep lol.

papa_smurf_23

one word......hyabusa

Say it with me: Security

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"]

FrozenLiquid

Aww no Mark V love?

lol I love the Mark V helmet!

It feels so good owning all the Mark VIs and the variations! lol.

I guess its not Nasty, but it does not look nice with any of the other Armor...

How did this get to Armor... Know I kind of want to play a Little More... I'll go play a few games and change back from an Elite... If Anyone wants to play I'm R0gu3Go0se...

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 papa_smurf_23
[QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"][QUOTE="RogueGoose"][QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="wolverine4262"]

RogueGoose

Yep lol.

one word......hyabusa

One Word... NO... Everyone has it and it LOOKS LAME...

WHAT!!!!!! Your crazy. And not THAT many people have it.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FrozenLiquid

Bansheesdie

Is that the one with the helmet from "The Masked Rider" TV series, which you unlock after getting all 1000 gamer points?

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zeliard9
[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]

FrozenLiquid

I usually avoid paying for digital downloads coz I don't trust the methods of payment.

I even got slammed for being an arrogant hermit when I criticized TF2 on consoles.

Uh, you *are* an arrogant hermit. Everyone knows your Halo 3 love-fest is just a cover. :P

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RogueGoose
[QUOTE="RogueGoose"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"] You didn't play too much Halo 2 did you? Or at least not much with the MLG types did you? Thats were I learned to toss nades and how to toss nades.

Bansheesdie

Right...double bouncing a nade off a wall fromaround a cournerat 15-20 feet takes zero skill. Are you serious?

Complete Luck... If It goes around a cornet there Is no way you can know for sure what its going to do or Where you Enemy... You can guess and Get LUCKY... Key word Luck...

If you think you can show me So SKILL Sticks Send me a Friend request at R0gu3Go0se, but skill goes for very little in Halo 3...

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FrozenLiquid

WHAT!!!!!! Your crazy. And not THAT many people have it.papa_smurf_23

Hardly anyone should have it anyway.

But yeah, when someone has it, you can sorta guess they're probably 12 years old lol.

It's novelty, then wears away really quickly.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

FrozenLiquid

Is that the one with the helmet from "The Masked Rider" TV series, which you unlock after getting all 1000 gamer points?

Thats me, Security Helmet and Security Shoulders.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"]

Zeliard9

Uh, you *are* an arrogant hermit. Everyone knows your Halo 3 love-fest is just a cover. :P

WTFever dude.

Go play your godly Uncharted demo.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

Bansheesdie

Yeah that's the helmet!

Looks cool and gay at the same time!

Shoulders and chest look pretty alright though.

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 papa_smurf_23

Bansheesdie

THAT has got to be the ugliest armor i have ever seen. J/K... no really the hyabusa owns that.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bansheesdie
Complete Luck... If It goes around a cornet there Is no way you can know for sure what its going to do or Where you Enemy... You can guess and Get LUCKY... Key word Luck...

If you think you can show me So SKILL Sticks Send me a Friend request at R0gu3Go0se, but skill goes for very little in Halo 3...

RogueGoose

Completely misguided. Physics are not luck-based, they are pre set and based on rules. Nade bouncing is about learning those rules and applying them in the appropriate situations.

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 papa_smurf_23

Bansheesdie

THAT has got to be the ugliest armor i have ever seen. J/K... no really the hyabusa owns that.
Sweet_Lemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sweet_Lemon
Member since 2006 • 953 Posts
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

FrozenLiquid

No, it's the helmet from Bunige's Marathon series that you get after getting all 1000 gamerpoints :P

squirrel337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 squirrel337
Member since 2007 • 1002 Posts
They changed Melee around. If you have more shield you win the Melee.(The old way was whoever hit b first.)
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zeliard9
[QUOTE="Zeliard9"]

FrozenLiquid

WTFever dude.

Go play your godly Uncharted demo.

B-but I think Uncharted looks severly overhyped and the gunplay looks awf...

FF_no1_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FF_no1_fan
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

Halo 3 is nothing compared to the greatness of KIllzone 2