Halo 3 is getting hyped WAY TO HIGH!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

I understand why the fanboys are hyping this game so high but it becomes extremely dangerous. Halo 1 was great. It deserved AAA. Halo 2...massively, extremely, astronomically, overhyped, over scored piece of putrid smudge shoved down gamer's throats. Halo 2 was the most overhyped game in history and that killed it. The multiplayer was the ONLY thing good about this game. The single player just sucked...ya just sucked. Halo 2 is a multiplayer game only. If Halo 2 was like Warhawk, a multiplayer game only, it would have been great, but they messed up the single player so bad I lost all hope in the Halo series. What a piece of junk.

Halo 3 better NOT turn out as Halo 2 did. The only thing that will save Halo 3 is the SINGLE PLAYER!!! We all know the multiplayer is gonna be more or less the same as Halo 2 with new features (go figure). but the single player is the most important NOT MULTIPLAYER. For all the hype this game is getting the Single player better have the following:

- Very long Single Player (20+ hours)

- NO LOADING TEXTURES WHILE IN GAME!

- It has to be fun (Halo 2 was not...god that game was bad)

-It better have the best graphics I have ever seen because god forbid if it's getting hyped this high and the graphics are average, it's a FLOP.

-Lots of locations.

-BETTER SOUND!!! (Halo 2 had the worst gun sounds ever)

-The best effects I have ever seen (once again, according to the hype)

-HALO 3 SELLS 8 MILLION 360's!!. If this does not happen then the game is a FLOP!

This is what happens when you hype a game this high. You have extreme expectations. Thank you Halo fanboys. If this game does not meet any of the critera above, I concider the game a total, massive, FLOP.

Divine_Menace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Divine_Menace
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts
Dude!
Tom_Brady860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tom_Brady860
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

sigh....another thread hating on halo.....so what else is new,

"buh but it makes me kool to hate popular things"

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Tom_Brady860

There is no hate..except Halo 2. What I am trying to state is that hype can be dangerous. Halo 1 was great. Halo 2....well my original message explains it best.

alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alxy_07
Member since 2004 • 1342 Posts
thats what happens when a game has a huge following, the fans expect something special
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70104 Posts
it's only a flop if it scores below a 9.0
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63161 Posts

4 player co-op,pretty graphics,lots of options u can mess around in the multiplayer, recording/playback options,armor customization,new weapons, and forge.....im happy with all these features

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

Wow, just wow.

All opinion.

Lets all make threads like thisand say if this game or that game doesn't meet MY expectations its a flop.

I'll work on one now.

Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts
Speaking of way to high, tc pass that stuff around.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
I dont think Halo3 will flop and I'm pretty sure its gonna be a great game which I wil have the day it comes out (pre-ordered) but at the same time I do agree that Halo is being over hyped. Sure the official SW hype is AAA but in general chat people are hyping is as being the second coming of chuck norris.
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6027 Posts
I think Halo 2's SP was good. The great gameplay was still there. Story wise, i think people complain because it didn't end. SO F***in what. It was like Lord of the Rings where the story didn't end till the 3rd and final movie. No one complained there now did they. The multiplayer was better than the SP but that didn't mean the SP was crap. I know Halo 2's SP was shorter too but the gameplay for that whole SP campaign was just plain out fun.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

I think Halo 2's SP was good. The great gameplay was still there. Story wise, i think people complain because it didn't end. SO F***in what. It was like Lord of the Rings where the story didn't end till the 3rd and final movie. No one complained there now did they. The multiplayer was better than the SP but that didn't mean the SP was crap. I know Halo 2's SP was shorter too but the gameplay for that whole SP campaign was just plain out fun. sirk1264

I hate lord of the rings...well the movies at least, never read the books. But I understand your point. I did feel that Halo2 was a lil lacking though.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
Halo 2 took a step down in SP but took a step up in MP.And now Halo 3 is three weeks away, and whoever says it will suck is a hater.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
You posted this already. Why make a whole thread on it? :|
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
EVERYONE is doubting this game. And BTW, Halo 2 was awesome, i still play it today, that says something
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DuDisNow
People only doubt this game because of Halo 2 more...but Halo 3 is told to be the best Halo yet.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

The game is hyped to be the best Halo game yet. Which is big shoes to fill. It's hyped to have a single player as good as the first, after bungie acknowledged the step backwards with Halo 2. It's hyped to have multiplayer just as good if not better than the 2nd, and overall it's hyped to be one of the best games of the year, if not the generation. That is not unreasonable, given the quality of Halo 1 and 2, the financial importance of the game, and the words of bungie that this is the best game they've ever made.

It is NOT hyped to be 20 hours long. Nobody has ever asked nor expected that. Nobody has asked for the best graphics ever seen either. Neither Halo 1 nor Halo 2 outclassed anything in their graphical quality. They looked fantastic, but where never made to be enjoyed for their graphics.

And as for better sound, Halo arguably has the best music of any FPS ever. Simply because they have Marty O'Donnel working for them. When it comes to sound effects, they've recorded individual noises for shell casings falling to the ground depending on what surface they land on.

Basically, you thread is bogus. Nobody is hyping halo to be any of the things you've suggested. Simply to be the best shooter on the xbox 360, if not on consoles full stop, and one of the better if not one of the best games this generation, like the prior games were.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DuDisNow

I understand why the fanboys are hyping this game so high but it becomes extremely dangerous. Halo 1 was great. It deserved AAA. Halo 2...massively, extremely, astronomically, overhyped, over scored piece of putrid smudge shoved down gamer's throats. Halo 2 was the most overhyped game in history and that killed it. The multiplayer was the ONLY thing good about this game. The single player just sucked...ya just sucked. Halo 2 is a multiplayer game only. If Halo 2 was like Warhawk, a multiplayer game only, it would have been great, but they messed up the single player so bad I lost all hope in the Halo series. What a piece of junk.

Halo 3 better NOT turn out as Halo 2 did. The only thing that will save Halo 3 is the SINGLE PLAYER!!! We all know the multiplayer is gonna be more or less the same as Halo 2 with new features (go figure). but the single player is the most important NOT MULTIPLAYER. For all the hype this game is getting the Single player better have the following:

-It better have the best graphics I have ever seen because god forbid if it's getting hyped this high and the graphics are average, it's a FLOP.

-Lots of locations.

-HALO 3 SELLS 8 MILLION 360's!!. If this does not happen then the game is a FLOP!

This is what happens when you hype a game this high. You have extreme expectations. Thank you Halo fanboys. If this game does not meet any of the critera above, I concider the game a total, massive, FLOP.

dream431ca
You fail at life. There's something called personal opinion. Besides, it did get a 9.4! Deal with it!
xboxrox11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xboxrox11
Member since 2004 • 1143 Posts

4 player co-op,pretty graphics,lots of options u can mess around in the multiplayer, recording/playback options,armor customization,new weapons, and forge.....im happy with all these features

Dante2710

none of those features are innovative, its all been done before.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

i did too til I read the new EDGE magazine section on it and they are real excited about it, and it takes them alot to get worked up

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DuDisNow
[QUOTE="Dante2710"]

xboxrox11

Not in a FPS! Hello! Someone doesn't know that htese features are innovative for the FPS genre.
AndrewStar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AndrewStar101
Member since 2005 • 800 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante2710"]

xboxrox11

MGS is nothing innovative, its just another stealth shooter game, its been done before. Mario galaxy is nothing innovative, just another plat former, been done before. Grand thef auto is nothing innovative, that's also been done before. Ipod is not innovative, just an apple version of the mp3. Point is, halo and halo2 was a kick ass game, both AAA games with ratings all 9.0+, which is reason their is hype for it. Yes sometimes a game will receive hype beyond its expectations, but just because a game fails to live up to some of the ridicules hype, does not mean it sucks, it could still be a great game, unless they really goofed p on it, which i doubt since i played the beta and it rocked.

Avatar image for Disturbed_One98
Disturbed_One98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Disturbed_One98
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts
TC, there's no need to worry, we've already played the beta. We know what we are doing...
_Impmacaque_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 _Impmacaque_
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

Lol, another Halo basher. Halo 2 SP was merely average, not "terrible" as you put it. Halo 2 had the challenge any middle-of-a-trilogy item has, that is; continueing a story arc without giving too much away such that the story is predictable for the grand finale. This is quite the task, and I think Halo 2 really "set-up" Halo 3 to have a fantastic ending. Gamers don't like cliffhangers. Unfortunately, any second part of a trilogy is inherently a cliffhanger - nothing new here.

The Halo 2 multiplayer, despite what bashers say, was addictive and enduring. There's a reason so many still play Halo 2 online today. It didn't have the impact for it's time that say, Halo:CE did, but it was still the Halo we know and love with several adjustments to the core formula to keep the gameplay refreshing.

Jump to Halo 3. This game has it all.

Forge Map editor.

4-player co-op.

The opportunity to finish the story in a way that really leaves us in shock and awe.

And a multiplayer mode that we have already demo'd. We KNOW the game is going to be good. The last two games already established Halo as a AAA series, and the serious amendments made to the gameplay can only push this game above and beyond what we expect of the Halo franchise. Halo has earned every bit of it's hype, and to deny that it hasn't seems awefully fanboyish to me.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
I dont think anybody cares if you consider it a flop or not:)
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts
LMFAO, there are people who like single player halo more than multi? GIVE ME WHAT YOU ARE ON.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#30 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14192 Posts

Actually, all your topic here proves is that your expectations are way too high to begin with. So, if you end up thinking that Halo 3 sucks, it will be because you set yourself up for a major let down by having unrealistic expectations. With that, maybe you should have changed the name of your topic to, "My expectations for Halo 3 are too high."

It will not haveto have the best graphics ever in order not to be considered a flop, lol. We all know that will not be the case, even though it is looking plenty good enough graphics wise anyway. So, if you personally do not like the graphics, you are going to consider the game a flop, even if it kicks arse in every other aspect?....Please

The reality is, that Halo has earned the right to be hyped....like it or not. I was not the biggest fan of Halo either after Halo 2, but Halo 3 certainly has me excited enough that I went ahead and paid for/reserved the game ahead of time. As it is indeed the single player footage that is impressing me the most thus far.

Anyway, I do agree that it should not be hyped as if it is a gift from the gods, lol. But, the fact that it has earned the right to be one of the most highly anticipated titles of the year cannot be denied. People have a right to be excited for this game. They just need to keep their expectations a bit more realistic so that they will not be ultimately disappointed when they finally get the game.

OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
its called marketing.that is how u get to people
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
One thing i know is that even if all those turn out to fulfill their hype, Cows will still call it overated...
hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts
reserved
hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

I dont think anybody cares if you consider it a flop or not:) GazzaB

Agreed, and by the way your thread fails... You're just mad because HS is not going to get AAA, Lair got a 4.5, and the Phailstation 3 won't get another AAA until MGS. If you disagree, I will make a I leave system wars forever bet in the official bet page. I already got 1 guy booted, one more won't hurt.

halogta9890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 halogta9890
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts

-Lots of locations.

dream431ca

The reason MOST people hype a game is because they are looking forward to it, dissing on the game and saying how horrible it is WILL not change anybodies mind about how much they are looking forward to it.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 3193 Posts
What are you talking about? Halo 3 is not being over-hyped. *takes a dring of Halo 3 Mountain Dew Game Fuel*
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
You couldnt be more right about the single player campain needing to be top notch for this game to live up to the hype, If that fails the game fails.
Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
I was worried about Halo 3. I was thinking that it was going to be a giant letdown like you said, and that it was probably going to flop.

But after Bungie announced 4-Player Online Co-op, Forge Mode, the metagame, showed the single-player graphics (which I love, they areincredibly sharp) and just showed the sheer amount of content they put it, I'm not worried anymore.

The game looks awesome, just because it doesn't live up to your insane expectations doesn't mean that it doesn't live up to other people's.
Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
people hyped killzone 2 even when it flopped and didnt have a history of being a classic game while halo showed and proved what it could do and it gets hated on.........
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
not as much as daikatana did or any other game for that matter
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15578 Posts

Tom_Brady860

You're so right ROFL:lol:

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts
[QUOTE="Tom_Brady860"]

dream431ca

There is no hate..except Halo 2. What I am trying to state is that hype can be dangerous. Halo 1 was great. Halo 2....well my original message explains it best.

you're stating an opinion as fact

the fact that you "hate" it is enough proof of this

people have different opinions, and many people think that Halo was super awesome, like I did

don't bash other peoples opinions, it only makes you look like a fool and weakens your argument

and also, considering sales, and the expectations from millions of gamers worldwide, the hype is right

Halo 3 will get the hype, and it will need to deserve it

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
Halo 3 is the end to one of the greatest trilogies of all time. Halo is the one game I've heard people say they bought a console for. Guys that owned PS2's and had no need to get an Xbox did so cuz of Halo. I was one of them. Halo 3 isn't being hyped enough IMO. If you take the "oh it's just this" or "oh it's just another first person shooter" attitude then yeah, you can downplay it big time. But look at what the game means to MS, look at what the game does well (very well in fact). So stop with all these Halo damage control threads and look at the game's significance and I think you'll see why there's so much hype. Now let's all get back to bashing Crysis. The most hyped PC game that the majority of PC gamers won't be able to enjoy at optimal levels.
_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts
If anything, it needs more hype. There is so much backstory to the Halo story to know, Halo has an amazing story. And so much fricken content in halo 3, it's unbelievable. it's goin to surpass expectations.
lohithbms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lohithbms
Member since 2005 • 5081 Posts

it's only a flop if it scores below a 9.0CaseyWegner

thanks!!

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6545 Posts

AAA,

what the hell do you want?

perkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 perkins
Member since 2003 • 295 Posts
I agree with you 100% Halo was perfect..not so much halo 2 so i hope they really pull something great for halo 3 i really want to have that experience again as i did in halo 1.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Research Halo 3 More....
FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
Dude Halo 2 was not that bad.
_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Dude Halo 2 was not that bad.FancyKetchup25

It's not like just billions of hours were played online in Halo 2...