Halo 3 better look better than Halo 2 Vista maxed for lems sake...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

Yeah that's right!  I can remember when there were arguements about Halo 2 on pc versus Halo 3 on 360 and which would have the better graphics.  Basically it's obvious that Halo 3 will and should have more graphical advancements that wouldn't be possible on Halo 2 and lemmings said there was no way that Halo 2 will look as good.

Halo 3 needs to be off the chain because I know I'll be running Halo 2 totally maxed out with 1600x1200 / 1920x1080 resolution.  Obviously the 360 can't do this with Halo 3 but it still didn't matter in the mind of most lemmings since Halo 3 is going to BLOW AWAY Halo 2 maxed on a gaming rig.

Reneg4de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Reneg4de
Member since 2003 • 142 Posts
Are you seriously bragging about getting to play a game that most lemmings have been playing going on 3 yrs now? Not to mention the PC version will more than likely be XBOX Ver. > PC Ver. just like the last HALO that was butchered when moved to PC.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
I have no idea what your rambling about. Halo 3 already looks better than Halo 2, be it PC or original Xbox.
Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Neal_Gore
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Good for you
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

Yeah that's right!  I can remember when there were arguements about Halo 2 on pc versus Halo 3 on 360 and which would have the better graphics.  Basically it's obvious that Halo 3 will and should have more graphical advancements that wouldn't be possible on Halo 2 and lemmings said there was no way that Halo 2 will look as good.

Halo 3 needs to be off the chain because I know I'll be running Halo 2 totally maxed out with 1600x1200 / 1920x1080 resolution.  Obviously the 360 can't do this with Halo 3 but it still didn't matter in the mind of most lemmings since Halo 3 is going to BLOW AWAY Halo 2 maxed on a gaming rig.

oldskooler79

good on you for blowing thousands on a PC- must make you feel superior all right...

MondoCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 MondoCool
Member since 2007 • 866 Posts

Yeah that's right! I can remember when there were arguements about Halo 2 on pc versus Halo 3 on 360 and which would have the better graphics. Basically it's obvious that Halo 3 will and should have more graphical advancements that wouldn't be possible on Halo 2 and lemmings said there was no way that Halo 2 will look as good.

Halo 3 needs to be off the chain because I know I'll be running Halo 2 totally maxed out with 1600x1200 / 1920x1080 resolution. Obviously the 360 can't do this with Halo 3 but it still didn't matter in the mind of most lemmings since Halo 3 is going to BLOW AWAY Halo 2 maxed on a gaming rig.

oldskooler79

I love system wars, smartest people post here, obviously a game thats 4 years old with improved 512x512 textures will not look as good as halo 3. 

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 oldskooler79

I'm not trying to brag about finally being able to play a 3 year old port.  All I'm saying is that lemmings think of Halo 3 as the next coming and all along I play games such as Far Cry, UT2k4, HL2, etc so it's not like I was twidling my thumb waiting for some lame xbox game to appear on pc.

But being an fps fan I'll pick up a copy next week and play it maxed on my setup.  I still expect Halo 3 on a quality plasma/1080p lcd to shock/stun me.. that's all!  We'll see.

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Are you seriously bragging about getting to play a game that most lemmings have been playing going on 3 yrs now? Not to mention the PC version will more than likely be XBOX Ver. > PC Ver. just like the last HALO that was butchered when moved to PC.Reneg4de

Halo 2... I don't think it'll be butchered... Its gonna be the exact same.... With Modern graphics.. and TC, Halo 2 PC, and Halo 3 360 will be very close. Due to Halo 2 DX 10... and Halo 3... not.. well... there..

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oldskooler79

good on you for blowing thousands on a PC- must make you feel superior all right...CwlHeddwyn

Wrong on two accounts...

1) I can build a computer minus the monitor for under $1000 which will do a heck of a lot more than any $3-600 box plus last many years longer (given you decrease settings over the years) + thousands more games on tap...and do all my business for making MONEY that allows me to continue my hobby.

2) My midrange pc not only 'feels' superior but 'is' superior to any console so who are you trying to kid?  Last year there were many console gamers who scoffed at pc graphics and performance due to these new glitterboxes.  So I suppose by sometime next year when basically every game will be superior on pc (minus a few built ground up for console) then your gonna tell each and every pc gamer they just blew thousands on a PC?  Oh okay.

Lanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lanto
Member since 2004 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"]good on you for blowing thousands on a PC- must make you feel superior all right...oldskooler79

Wrong on two accounts...

1) I can build a computer minus the monitor for under $1000 which will do a heck of a lot more than any $3-600 box plus last many years longer (given you decrease settings over the years) + thousands more games on tap...and do all my business for making MONEY that allows me to continue my hobby.

2) My midrange pc not only 'feels' superior but 'is' superior to any console so who are you trying to kid? Last year there were many console gamers who scoffed at pc graphics and performance due to these new glitterboxes. So I suppose by sometime next year when basically every game will be superior on pc (minus a few built ground up for console) then your gonna tell each and every pc gamer they just blew thousands on a PC? Oh okay.

People also forget if they want to actually play next gen consoles they will have to shell out hundreds if not thousands for the HDTV alone. Otherwise it just looks like an xbox1 on a sdtv.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
HALO3 better be hella fun to play online...OH WAIT IT IS. /thread
Avatar image for Mancow_wrestler
Mancow_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mancow_wrestler
Member since 2006 • 1249 Posts

Yeah that's right! I can remember when there were arguements about Halo 2 on pc versus Halo 3 on 360 and which would have the better graphics. Basically it's obvious that Halo 3 will and should have more graphical advancements that wouldn't be possible on Halo 2 and lemmings said there was no way that Halo 2 will look as good.

Halo 3 needs to be off the chain because I know I'll be running Halo 2 totally maxed out with 1600x1200 / 1920x1080 resolution. Obviously the 360 can't do this with Halo 3 but it still didn't matter in the mind of most lemmings since Halo 3 is going to BLOW AWAY Halo 2 maxed on a gaming rig.

oldskooler79

umm...hate to burst your bubble buddy but...

A) Xbox owners have played halo 2 for ages

and B) Ask any halo fan...halo 2 is such a crappy game...halo 3 is going to be amazing gameplay wise. 

skyform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13 skyform
Member since 2005 • 1522 Posts
Halo 3 beta is so much better then Halo 2, it's not even worth comparing them.Halo 3 has again the great Halo CE feeling and it's so damn good balanced, really awesome.
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

Mancow_wrestler

umm...hate to burst your bubble buddy but...

A) Xbox owners have played halo 2 for ages

and B) Ask any halo fan...halo 2 is such a crappy game...halo 3 is going to be amazing gameplay wise.

Okay, now that you completely missed the point, he was simply making a statement that Halo 3 better look better than Halo 2. That's it. And if you read even more, you'll see he even said he thinks so.

And towards you're B), yeah, because any Halo fan knows exactly how good the Halo 3 gameplay's going to be like /sarcasm. For god's sake, you act as though Halo 2 being bad was expected. Why don't you ask any Halo fan from 2004? They'll all say Halo 2 is going to be amazing gameplay wise, but apparently, according to you, it wasn't. 

WatsonC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WatsonC
Member since 2003 • 1976 Posts
with no source any argument is pointless .. but it should be noted that Halo 2 will require DX10 to run but wont  utilize ANY DX10 features .... jsut one of M$'s marketing trick to get ppl to buy Vista, so its unlikely that Halo 2 on PC will have better graphic than Halo 3 360