Halo 3 = best game ever made? yes i think so :)

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts
Have you seen baddog talk about Crysis? I'll give you a hint. It's not modest.bman784

I've only seen a thread or two EVER being created here in System Wars for the sole purpose of hyping Crysis. The other threads are made by people who're saying it'll be ported or who just want to bash it. Not talking about topics exclusively, either..it gets brought up in alot of threads where the topic isn't even about such.

Halo 3 on the other hand..you see at least a couple hype threads EVERY DAY.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="Velocitas8"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.bman784
So that doesn't apply to you worshiping Crysis, or is it just OTHER people's hype/attention that bothers you?

The difference is there's TONS of Halo 3 hype threads here in System Wars every single day. The only time you see anyone mention Crysis is when someone bashes it, hermits only retaliate to the bashing.

Have you seen baddog talk about Crysis? I'll give you a hint. It's not modest.

I only correct misconceptions. As stated in my first post.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="bman784"]Have you seen baddog talk about Crysis? I'll give you a hint. It's not modest.Velocitas8

I've only seen a thread or two EVER being created here in System Wars for the sole purpose of hyping Crysis. The other threads are made by people who're saying it'll be ported or who just want to bash it. Not talking about topics exclusively, either..it gets brought up in alot of threads where the topic isn't even about such.

Halo 3 on the other hand..you see at least a couple hype threads EVERY DAY.

i like your argument... "well i dont see it so it must not be there"
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.baddog121390
So that doesn't apply to you worshiping Crysis, or is it just OTHER people's hype/attention that bothers you?

How am I worshiping Crysis? I only correct the misconceptions here in System Wars -- I don't praise it. I give credit where credit is due, as you can see in my sig; it complies information from official sites.

Do you ever see "Crysis - best game ever made?" No, because there isn't enough media to even think about that -- while people are doing it with Halo 3 which basically holds no media. Sure, you can say Halo 1 and 2 were great, but so was Far Cry from Crytek.

It's called overhyping, ever heard of it?

You...don't...praise...it:|
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.bman784

Is crysis being annoucned as the greatest game of all time?

I don't agree with this thread, but I'm just bringing up the point that the hype and attention he gives to Crysis is a bit contradictory to him insulting the attention Halo 3 gets.

No game deserves to get this much attention. It will only be crushed when the review comes out and doesn't get a perfect score..
Avatar image for Shadow_Elite192
Shadow_Elite192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Shadow_Elite192
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"][QUOTE="Sushimaster"][QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"][QUOTE="chicken008"]Lol, There are a lot of shooters better than the Halo series (Perfect Dark, Doom, Golde Eye 64, Half-Life, Lost Planet). Kev_Unreal

All those had no standards at the time.

That doesn't make any sense... I'm truly confused.

Meaning they wern't compared to anything at the time.

find then; Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournament and UT2k4.

Thats what halo 1 was compared to......:lol: noob.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 baddog121390
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.bman784

I don't agree with this thread, but I'm just bringing up the point that the hype and attention he gives to Crysis is a bit contradictory to him insulting the attention Halo 3 gets.

All Crysis gets is negative attention from the likes of several people here. Thread after thread, post after post: "Alan Awake blows Crysis out of the water" or "Mass Effect WILL be better than Crysis" or "Too bad you'll need a $4000 computer" or..."The gameplay is the same generic run n' gun"....."FarCry with graphical upgrade".....etc. etc. etc.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
[QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"][QUOTE="Sushimaster"][QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"][QUOTE="chicken008"]Lol, There are a lot of shooters better than the Halo series (Perfect Dark, Doom, Golde Eye 64, Half-Life, Lost Planet). Shadow_Elite192

He was talking about the Halo series, can't you read?

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.bman784

How am I worshiping Crysis? I only correct the misconceptions here in System Wars -- I don't praise it. I give credit where credit is due, as you can see in my sig; it complies information from official sites.

Do you ever see "Crysis - best game ever made?" No, because there isn't enough media to even think about that -- while people are doing it with Halo 3 which basically holds no media. Sure, you can say Halo 1 and 2 were great, but so was Far Cry from Crytek.

It's called overhyping, ever heard of it?

You...don't...praise...it:|

You can't even give an example.:roll:
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"][QUOTE="Sushimaster"][QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"][QUOTE="chicken008"]Lol, There are a lot of shooters better than the Halo series (Perfect Dark, Doom, Golde Eye 64, Half-Life, Lost Planet). Shadow_Elite192

and which got shooter GOTY....
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 killtactics
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.baddog121390

All Crysis gets is negative attention from the likes of several people here. Thread after thread, post after post: "Alan Awake blows Crysis out of the water" or "Mass Effect WILL be better than Crysis" or "Too bad you'll need a $4000 computer" or..."The gameplay is the same generic run n' gun"....."FarCry with graphical upgrade".....etc. etc. etc.

Crysis is one of the most hyped games on these forums :|
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 killtactics
If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.Vandalvideo
good thing its AAA on the PC
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.killtactics

No, there isn't a huge ammount of hype on this forum. Most of the "hype" comes from hermits saying, "You think you have an amazingly best game of all time? Look at this, makes it look bad." Thats not necessarily hyping, thats just showing we have something that could conceivably be better. Most of the hype comes from console fans.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.killtactics

That somehow excuses it for being unoriginal?
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.killtactics

All the threads are tech topics, or exclusivity. "Crysis can be done on 360" is one of the comments that start 7 page threads. You never see "this will be a great game", more likely "meh, it looks okay.....but it's coming to 360" That's how they always end up.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 bman784
baddog121390

You should learn that statements like that spring from fanboy insecurities about the game that they're trying to insult. I think it's fair to defend Crysis, because it does look spectacular, but only to a certain extent. Hermits championing it as "the default best game of 2007" prematurely is a bit rash. (I don't count this thread as legitimate, by the way; no definite judgements sould be at all passed at this point)
Sushimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Sushimaster
Member since 2003 • 2671 Posts
[QUOTE="Sushimaster"][QUOTE="Shadow_Elite192"][QUOTE="chicken008"]Lol, There are a lot of shooters better than the Halo series (Perfect Dark, Doom, Golde Eye 64, Half-Life, Lost Planet). Shadow_Elite192

If they weren't compared to anything, how could gaming have existed at the time?  There would have been nothing.  All those games and in fact every game that will ever come out in the future must go up against current gaming standards.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 baddog121390
The only game I praise is Doom. Once Crysis is out, I'm getting a full Doom sig. 
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 killtactics
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.Vandalvideo

you just said its one of the most unorginal games of all time (even tho it had a great health system)!!! yet it got AAA on the PC... looks like PCs have pretty low standards then.. name me the last orginal game? HF2 was't Doom was't BF2 was't Fear was't ect ect ect...
hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2994 Posts
I never found Halo to be that great the few times that I played it.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.killtactics

you just said its one of the most unorginal games of all time (even tho it had a great health system)!!! yet it got AAA on the PC... looks like PCs have pretty low standards then.. name me the last orginal game? HF2 was't Doom was't BF2 was't Fear was't ect ect ect...

It says even more about xbox standards if it scored 9.7 there, yet it is conceivably better in every fact on the PC........but thats beside the point. I never made the distinction that unoriginal = bad. I merely said its unoriginal.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 killtactics
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.baddog121390

All the threads are tech topics, or exclusivity. "Crysis can be done on 360" is one of the comments that start 7 page threads. You never see "this will be a great game", more likely "meh, it looks okay.....but it's coming to 360" That's how they always end up.

yes b/c when ever someone hypes H3 ppl go "Geee gloy your right.. well i just love that there game... we get along so well"...ohh wait..
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]All Crysis gets is negative attention from the likes of several people here. Thread after thread, post after post: "Alan Awake blows Crysis out of the water" or "Mass Effect WILL be better than Crysis" or "Too bad you'll need a $4000 computer" or..."The gameplay is the same generic run n' gun"....."FarCry with graphical upgrade".....etc. etc. etc.
bman784

You should learn that statements like that spring from fanboy insecurities about the game that they're trying to insult. I think it's fair to defend Crysis, because it does look spectacular, but only to a certain extent. Hermits championing it as "the default best game of 2007" prematurely is a bit rash. (I don't count this thread as legitimate, by the way; no definite judgements sould be at all passed at this point)

I've never seen a thread where any hermit claimed GOTY for this game -- only shooter GOTY. Most hermits here say Spore will be default GOTY, which I believe many console gamers do claim also. "It's made by the 'Game god'", is the biggest reasoning.
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts

Best Game ever will always be Halo 1, and i dont care what anybody else says

i dont think bungie can do it after what they did to halo 2...........

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.killtactics

yes b/c when ever someone hypes H3 ppl go "Geee gloy your right.. well i just love that there game... we get along so well"...ohh wait..

That's great, only I didn't say everybody.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 killtactics
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.Vandalvideo

It says even more about xbox standards if it scored 9.7 there, yet it is conceivably better in every fact on the PC........but thats beside the point. I never made the distinction that unoriginal = bad. I merely said its unoriginal.

"in spite of the very high standards for first-person shooters on the PC, Halo is still an incredible action game. It's a true classic--a game that hasn't lost any of its impact and intensity over time." GS seems to disagree... also u used the reason unorginal clearly as a bad thing in your first post..
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.killtactics

"in spite of the very high standards for first-person shooters on the PC, Halo is still an incredible action game. It's a true classic--a game that hasn't lost any of its impact and intensity over time." GS seems to disagree... also u used the reason unorginal clearly as a bad thing in your first post..

I said "If you want to consider the most unoriginal game of all time the best game of all time thats your perogative, I, howver, will not". Where did I state it was bad? Besides, that proves my point that "In spite of very high standards for PC FPS". It clearly says PC standards are higher , or atleast implies. it. I never said ANTHING about Halo's calibur of game. I merely said its unoriginal. Period.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Depending on when it comes out, it will be the best game ever until MP3 does. If MP3 comes out first, it doesn't stand a chance in my book.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 baddog121390
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.killtactics

*Looks in their Greatest Games of All Time list* Nope, no Halo. But I do see 7 PC FPS games.
Avatar image for Shadow_Elite192
Shadow_Elite192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Shadow_Elite192
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.baddog121390

*Looks in their Greatest Games of All Time list* Nope, no Halo. But I do see 9 PC FPS games.

GS is biased towards the PC.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.baddog121390

well i guess the hype and attention is a testament to the success of the franchise
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]This is the exact reason why people want to hate Halo. It's hype and attention is ridiculous.mwa

well i guess the hype and attention is a testament to the success of the franchise

Same for the Wii, when will people realize...
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 bman784
Just a question here, but how can people disregard the amount of negativity Halo has recieved? There have been a veritable plethora of Halo-bashing threads of all shapes and sizes. To say all of a sudden that PC games are being victimized at the hands of Halo 3 is plain contradiction. There are a constant stream of "what's so great about Halo" threads with the painfully redundant arguments of "it's generic...it's boring...the environments are repeditive...any PC game that has ever existed is better". I don't know how we call all pretend that Halo is a universally hyped idol with the amount of negativity the series has recieved at the hands of fanboyism.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 baddog121390
Just a question here, but how can people disregard the amount of negativity Halo has recieved? There have been a veritable plethora of Halo-bashing threads of all shapes and sizes. To say all of a sudden that PC games are being victimized at the hands of Halo 3 is plain contradiction. There are a constant stream of "what's so great about Halo" threads with the painfully redundant arguments of "it's generic...it's boring...the environments are repeditive...any PC game that has ever existed is better". I don't know how we call all pretend that Halo is a universally hyped idol with the amount of negativity the series has recieved at the hands of fanboyism.bman784
That's just cows "hiding", as they put it, behind the PC.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]If you want to call one of the most unoriginal games of all time one of the greatest games of all time thats your perogative. I, myself, will not.Shadow_Elite192

*Looks in their Greatest Games of All Time list* Nope, no Halo. But I do see 9 PC FPS games.

GS is biased towards the PC.

"GS seems to disagree..":|
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 bman784
[QUOTE="bman784"]Just a question here, but how can people disregard the amount of negativity Halo has recieved? There have been a veritable plethora of Halo-bashing threads of all shapes and sizes. To say all of a sudden that PC games are being victimized at the hands of Halo 3 is plain contradiction. There are a constant stream of "what's so great about Halo" threads with the painfully redundant arguments of "it's generic...it's boring...the environments are repeditive...any PC game that has ever existed is better". I don't know how we call all pretend that Halo is a universally hyped idol with the amount of negativity the series has recieved at the hands of fanboyism.baddog121390
That's just cows "hiding", as they put it, behind the PC.

I hate to say it but hermits have had as much if not more of a part in it than cows. You can't really play innocent.
Game_Addict247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Game_Addict247
Member since 2006 • 1838 Posts

Meaning they wern't compared to anything at the time.Shadow_Elite192

Doom was compared to Id Software's other classic, Wolfenstein 3D, which started the genre. In comparison, Doom had:

-Much stronger atmosphere

-More weapons

-More enemies

-More creativity in all areas

-Enemy traps (i.e. walking across a certain part of the floor would open up a section in the wall containing many demons)

-Teleporters

-Non-orthogonal corners (not all corners were right-angles)

-Lighting effects, including extra brightness, flickering, and complete shading

-Multiple heights, stairs, and elevators

-Non-fixed ceiling heights. Some rooms didn't even have ceilings

-Interactive Environments. It was limited in Doom but it was new. There were exploding barrels, you could crush enemies under falling ceilings and crush dead demons under doors.

-Full texture mapping. Wolf 3D only had textures on walls, Doom had them on walls, ceilings, and floors.

-Deathmatch

-Co-op

-Huge mod community (not just first FPS, first GAME, period)

-Usage of sprites allowed many more enemies onscreen, more than most games even today allow

Doom may not have had much competition, but really, all these features that were new to the genre made any of Doom's competition cannon fodder at the time. Considering it was just a year after Wolfenstein 3D, Doom was incredibly groundbreaking. Doom had standards, it just easily surpassed them and then set new ones.

And, uh, as far as the other games go, I'm not entirely sure. Half-Life was groundbreaking in relation to how a story was presented, and instead of levels the whole game was one giant level. Goldeneye is known by many as the first great console FPS. Don't know about Perfect Dark or Lost Planet.