Guys did you enjoy The Surge (From the makers of Lords of the Fallen) ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Immensely enjoying The Surge atm.Very Challenging and Rewarding gameplay, more tougher than any Souls or Bloodborne, Specially its NG + ... imo. Tons of Armor, Weapons to unlock and upgrade.

Well? :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Definitely waiting on The Surge dropping in price, I don't pay full price on games that try to be like other games... (Souls try hard) but are inferior. Lords of the Fallen was maybe average/good but meh not worth the instant buy. The Surge being from the same developer seems like the same.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

I started playing it but the performance even on my GTX 1080 wasnt that good. Waiting for a few performance patches.

Its addictive though, its a like robo-dark souls............with better loot systems

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah Im loving it, its a very different experience than Dark Souls. More challenging I felt, and I love its Sci FI setting.

The only thing against it is the lack of online stuff found in Dark Souls, something I really enjoy in that series. But this is more of a solo affair, tighter spaces, more focus on the close combat I felt.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I started playing it but the performance even on my GTX 1080 wasnt that good. Waiting for a few performance patches.

Its addictive though, its a like robo-dark souls............with better loot systems

Really? My 1080 is getting solid frames. Are you at 4k maybe? I'm still rocking 2560 x 1080, so that may be why.

And, it's a pretty solid game, but it has some really annoying flaws. Like everything looks basically the same environmentally, for instance. Some incredibly wonky hit detection at times, too.

They also use the cheap route with some areas. Like putting in a tiny platform that you have to cross with 2 enemies on the other side, one always hidden behind a corner. It gets rather tiring because you always expect enemies just hidden behind corners after a while.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Not yet, but I did enjoy Lords of the Fallen. I picked the Surge up weeks ago and need to start it but there's just so much to get caught up on. Also need to to start Outlast 2 which I picked up around same time and haven't touched yet.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Yeep. A lot more than with Lords.

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

I haven't played in awhile but I was enjoying it until my ass started get served.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#9 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

I enjoyed it. I liked what they did on how you get gears.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Yeah Im loving it, its a very different experience than Dark Souls. More challenging I felt, and I love its Sci FI setting.

The only thing against it is the lack of online stuff found in Dark Souls, something I really enjoy in that series. But this is more of a solo affair, tighter spaces, more focus on the close combat I felt.

Nice. I never played Lords of Fallen but I'll try this.