Gundam Breaker is heading to PC, apparently

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Yes, i know that a Gundam game on PC is... kind of a big deal, but if you're somehow excited about this in spite of Japan's disposition towards PC gaming, then I feel sorry for you.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

So is Zone of the Enders 2.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This is actually pretty cool.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

I'm not really into Gundam, I have no idea where to start on what Gundam anime to watch and some of them look a bit too dated for me animation wise. Good news for those that want to play it on PC, I hope even more Japanese games come over to PC it seems we're only missing out on a few that aren't handheld games these days.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Cool!...will get this when it comes to PC. :P

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

GB3 was pretty underwhelming, and this looks even worse.

Would've prefered Gundam Versus much more.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flashn00b

@funsohng: Versus is made by the same folks behind Tales, Tekken and God Eater. I doubt versus specifically will get a port, though if we are to even hope for the possibility of an EXVS game on Steam, you're probably gonna have to buy SoulCalibur 6

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

never heard of this game.

so maybe not that big of a deal

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1841 Posts

`THAT LOOK GOOD...not really

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

I wonder if it will have Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans material in it? I really like the look of Gundam Barbatos. As a Gundam fan, I wish Gundam Battle Assault series get's revive someday.

To anyone who hasn't played a game in the Breaker series, it is a bit of an oddball. Rather than being based on actual (fictional) Gundams, it is based on toy (non-fictional) Gundam plastic models. (Gunpla for short) The games are heavily based on customization and earning new parts to either build a copy of your favorite Gundam, or more commonly, some horrible Franken-Gundam that spans 5 different shows/timelines.

The story lines typically involve people who collect and battle Gunpla as a hobby/sport. The actual combat, thankfully, isn't two kids mashing Gundam models together while making laser sounds with their mouths as said battles take place in a sort of simulator pod.

(Gundam Breaker 2 is still one of the greatest)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26641 Posts

Wow... the gameplay is... quite awful. Lol

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng

@flashn00b said:

@funsohng: Versus is made by the same folks behind Tales, Tekken and God Eater. I doubt versus specifically will get a port, though if we are to even hope for the possibility of an EXVS game on Steam, you're probably gonna have to buy SoulCalibur 6

Tales, Tekken and God Eater are all deved by different team, iirc.

Also Versus isn't exactly EXVS, they said EXVS will most likely be arcade only from now on.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By flashn00b

@funsohng: Since Tales of Zestiria, Bandai Namco's internal projects are now developed by a single studio. In recent years, the creators of Tekken 7 are also the creators of Tales of Berseria, God Eater 2 Rage Burst and Gundam Versus. And considering the lack of Gundam Versus on PC, i think it's safe to believe that SoulCalibur VI will decide if their next game will release on PC or if they'll never make another PC game ever again.

I won't deny that I've some level of interest in the Breaker series since i've heard some pretty good things about it, but at the same time, being excited for it is a good way to disappoint myself regarding Ilinx's future PC support.

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Paradocs
Member since 2015 • 264 Posts

I had no idea what this was until today. lol

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#16 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Would have much preferred a Gundam game from the VS series, this just looks like garbage thats gonna be on the €10 sales range within the 2nd month after launch...

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By funsohng

@flashn00b said:

@funsohng: Since Tales of Zestiria, Bandai Namco's internal projects are now developed by a single studio. In recent years, the creators of Tekken 7 are also the creators of Tales of Berseria, God Eater 2 Rage Burst and Gundam Versus. And considering the lack of Gundam Versus on PC, i think it's safe to believe that SoulCalibur VI will decide if their next game will release on PC or if they'll never make another PC game ever again.

I won't deny that I've some level of interest in the Breaker series since i've heard some pretty good things about it, but at the same time, being excited for it is a good way to disappoint myself regarding Ilinx's future PC support.

Well, I've played the second one, and it wasn't really all that great. And people seem to find the third one even worse. And this one even worse than that.