Guild Wars 2, the new MMO KING! Do you agree?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

I reckon the game's gonna be excellent and will beat World of Warcraft as kind of the MMORPG genre. It's just gonna beat every other MMO in every way (Except maybe Graphics, as it's designed to run on Mid-Range systems).

Agree, Disagree? Discuss

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Just like how Guild Wars one really killed WoW.
epicstory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 epicstory
Member since 2010 • 610 Posts

I played Guild Wars 1 like 3 years ago and it was sick. This game is going to be one of the best mmo's easy.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

First one was mediocre.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

GW2 will be great, but WoW will stay king.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DmadFearmonger

First one was mediocre.

SkyWard20
First one was awesome. o.0
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

It's just gonna beat every other MMO in every way (Except maybe Graphics, as it's designed to run on Mid-Range systems).

DmadFearmonger

I thought it had the best graphics. What other mmo tops it?

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 edidili

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

First one was mediocre.

DmadFearmonger

First one was awesome. o.0

It wasn't even a mmo. More like a lobby game.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

First one was mediocre.

SkyWard20
Wat. It's one of the best non-subscription MMOs ever made, easily. And the PvP was actually good, before the expansions came >_>. GW2 looks to have some of the best innovation and design in the industry, so I wouldn't doubt WoW would reach its demise (or finally competition) with it. WoW will actually kill itself, not GW2 or any other game. The numbers are already dropping more than they have any other expansion after release, it's just getting old to most people.
BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlizzardBear
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

Guild Wars 1 was one of my favorite games of all time. I think Guild Wars 2 will be the best MMO until Blizzard's next MMO comes out. The combat for GW 2 looks awesome since it is real time and the world is beautiful. In addition, GW2 has got mini games so I wont get bored.

SW TOR really could have been the best but I think they blew it. The combat looks so boring and dull. I have never seen a jedi duel that is so mundane. Literally all players do is just stand still. WoW's combat currently looks more interesting. The other part they messed up was space combat. On rails is very disappointing. The game should have open galaxy for u and ur ship to explore. SWG had this a long time ago. However, the story and dialouge looks good. The cinematics are amazing. If only the gameplay was like that. Sometimes I wish I was calling the shots.:P

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]

It's just gonna beat every other MMO in every way (Except maybe Graphics, as it's designed to run on Mid-Range systems).

edidili

None that I can think of. But something'll come along.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Mesmer. I keep saying it. I need a mesmer.
And yes it is going to be great. If there won't be a mesmer I suppose I'd go with the engineer.
Also, this GW2 video is great and explains in a top ten list very good reasons why people should look at this game and not another MMO.
Here it is.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DmadFearmonger
I'm thinking I should make my character a distand grandchild of my GW1 character "Christopher Redkidd". Or maybe make Christopher Redkidd again, except really old :P What kinda character you guys gonna have?
BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlizzardBear

Mesmer. I keep saying it. I need a mesmer.
And yes it is going to be great. If there won't be a mesmer I suppose I'd go with the engineer.
Also, this GW2 video is great and explains in a top ten list very good reasons why people should look at this game and not another MMO.
Here it is.

KungfuKitten

Jesus Christ even though I was praising this game earlier I still forgot how awesome it is. Thanks for that video!

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

First one was mediocre.

Lethalhazard

Wat. It's one of the best non-subscription MMOs ever made, easily.

Yeah, we sure have a lot of good ones.

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlizzardBear

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"][QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

First one was mediocre.

SkyWard20

Wat. It's one of the best non-subscription MMOs ever made, easily.

The game got a 9.2 here and 9.0 at IGN. I cant think of any MMO's outside of WoW to do that. Seriously, GW2 is not getting enough attention. Even if it were a singleplayer game it looks better than majority of the games out there.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#17 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Any comparisons of GW2 to GW1 should really be thrown out the window. GW2 is a completely different concept that just shares the lorespace.

I think it will be great, it's shaping up to be something that MMOs really need at this point. It wont kill WoW, that's the thing though, the developers dont seems to care if it beats WoW, nor should they have to--and it's giving the project it's own vision.

Looks better than TOR for the most part. Without fees, im puting this game in the same league as Skyrim & Dark Souls.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DmadFearmonger
[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"] Wat. It's one of the best non-subscription MMOs ever made, easily. BlizzardBear

The game got a 9.0 here and at IGN. I cant think of any MMO's outside of WoW to do that. Seriously, GW2 is not getting enough attention. Even if it were a singleplayer game it looks better than majority of the games out there.

Winner of NINE editors choice awards: Computer Gaming World, GameSpy, GameSpot, Computer Games Magazine, GameZone, PCGameSource, AcionTrip, WorthPlaying, GamingExcellence
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lethalhazard

Any comparisons of GW2 to GW1 should really be thrown out the window. GW2 is a completely different concept that just shares the lorespace.

I think it will be great, it's shaping up to be something that MMOs really need at this point. It wont kill WoW, that's the thing though, the developers dont seems to care if it beats WoW, nor should they have to--and it's giving the project it's own vision.

Looks better than TOR for the most part. Without fees, im puting this game in the same league as Skyrim & Dark Souls.

illmatic87
Not to mention the budget for GW2 IS MUCH larger. And they have better designers hired to suit the project.....Arena Net's first project was GW1 and IIRC they didn't have much of a budget to make it on. So now that they have a good sum of money and some seriously talented employees, I think GW2 will be FABBBBBULOUUUUS!
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DmadFearmonger
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]

Lethalhazard
Not to mention the budget for GW2 IS MUCH larger. And they have better designers hired to suit the project.....Arena Net's first project was GW1 and IIRC they didn't have much of a budget to make it on. So now that they have a good sum of money and some seriously talented employees, I think GW2 will be FABBBBBULOUUUUS!

/raises pint/ HERE-HERE /Chugs/
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#21 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

It still won't surpass WoW.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
Just like how Guild Wars one really killed WoW.rybe1025
Okay, this has to stop.... No one said that Darkfall Online, Vanguard, Warhammer, or Age of Conan were gonna kill WoW. Most people in fact said that these games would be 'too hardcore' for WoW players or something like that. They never said any of these games would kill WoW and in fact said these games would have less subs than WoW because they're so hardcore.
sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts

you cant kill WoW as in sales but you can kill WoW as in gameplay features. There are better MMOs out there, but they wont have 14mill subscriptions

WoW has 14mill subs because its a easy mode casual game that anyone can play on a 10year old computer.

there are other games out there that have beter features though. Like better graphics, better customization, better PvP, ect

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]

edidili

Tera has the best graphics (besides it being pedo crap.... .....)

tbh, gameplay wise, Tera, although again, pedo crap..., looks to have better combat too. : /, now if it wasn't pedo crap, I'd buy it when it came out.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Just like how Everquest 2, Rift, Age of Conan, Guild Wars, Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer Online, DC Universe Online, Aion, Lord of the Rings Online was supposed to kill WoW.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nerkcon

Just like how Everquest 2, Rift, Age of Conan, Guild Wars, Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer Online, DC Universe Online, Aion, Lord of the Rings Online was supposed to kill WoW.

Vesica_Prime

Everquest 2 came out around the same time as WoW, and at that time Everquest 1 was the powerhouse having the most subs at 500k which was unheard of at the time...

You really shouldn't throw random names when making a point, it could give some the impression you don't know what you're talking.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

thing is nothing will kill WoW..just like nothing will kill XBL and halo for that matter.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 edidili

[QUOTE="edidili"]

[QUOTE="DmadFearmonger"]

Inconsistancy

tbh, gameplay wise, Tera, although again, pedo crap..., looks to have better combat too. : /, now if it wasn't pedo crap, I'd buy it when it came out.

lol ... I see your point. I'm not really fond of GW2 characters design either though. GW1 especially was bad. The characters looked more like some fashionistas from Milano than fighters.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vesica_Prime

[QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

Nerkcon

Everquest 2 came out around the same time as WoW, and at that time Everquest 1 was the powerhouse having the most subs at 500k which was unheard of at the time...

You really shouldn't throw random names when making a point, it could give some the impression you don't know what you're talking.

It was placed head to head with World of Warcraft when it first came out to determine who would get the MMO throne, t was the first of many of WoW's victims.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nerkcon

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]

[QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

Vesica_Prime

It was placed head to head with World of Warcraft when it first came out to determine who would get the MMO throne, t was the first of many of WoW's victims.

Everquest would had probably killed itself without WoW because of bad management. At once point they removed the official forums because they didn't want to deal with the complaining. :lol: Everquest 2 also sells mounts that give you stats. I want to try Everquest, but SOE ruins it.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vesica_Prime

Everquest would had probably killed itself without WoW because of bad management. At once point they removed the official forums because they didn't want to deal with the complaining. :lol: Everquest 2 also sells mounts that give you stats. I want to try Everquest, but SOE ruins it.

Nerkcon

Wow really? That happened? Then I guessed WoW didn't kill Everquest 2 then. Rather more or less Everquest II starving itself in the corner while throwing a temper tantrum.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="edidili"]

edidili

lol ... I see your point. I'm not really fond of GW2 characters design either though. GW1 especially was bad. The characters looked more like some fashionistas from Milano than fighters.

Wat, no, the GW stuff looks bad, but Tera is pedo. I wasn't talking about gw at all x.x
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nerkcon

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]

Vesica_Prime

Wow really? That happened? Then I guessed WoW didn't kill Everquest 2 then. Rather more or less Everquest II starving itself in the corner while throwing a temper tantrum.

WoW came out at a really good time. I was not MMO player at the time BTW, I just read blogs and stuff of old MMO vets and I've learned a lot from them. Everquest was having a lot of problems, SOE took over the game (I forgot who the original owners were but SOE took over by force apparently), there were so many things that needed to be fix. When SOE heard about WoW they rushed out Everquest 2 despite protests. When WoW Launched Everquest 1 still had a lot of unaddressed issues that players were not allow to talk about anymore, Everquest 2 had insane requirements few people could play it because the game was meant to be released years later, and it was so buggy it was unplayable. ****ed off at SOE many players left for WoW and never looked back. I don't know where this fits into the time frame but two MMOs, Dark Age of Camelot and another MMO, both had gotten a bad patch that made game breaking bugs and neither companies did hotfixes so instead of waiting the players went to try WoW and got hooked on it. Around the time WoW came out the amount of people with broadband increased a lot. Most of these people were unable to play MMOs before because they were stuck on DSL or 56k. They tried WoW because it was the latest thing. And of course, with their battle.net games Blizzard was already well known and already had a huge following. So a lot of people form other Blizzard games such as Starcraft, Warcraft 2 and 3, and Diablo 1 and 2 got WoW as their first MMO. Combine this with the fact that WoW made a huge leap in terms of controls and smoothness from MMOs before it, they couldn't really play any other. ((Have you ever played a pre-WoW mmo like Shadowbane? Moving your character feels like controlling a tank.)) On top of being an awesome game, the juggernaut was created. :P
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lethalhazard

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="edidili"]

edidili

Those are very very generic basic designs at the beginning of the game...thats basically like linking WoW starter items....like the overalls and shield for human warriors or something.

http://kekai.weebly.com/guild-wars.html Here's on of the concept designers for the first game (hes lead on the second). All of these looked fantastic when translated to 3D. You can look up the 3D models on GW wiki or someplace like that. I'll post one example of a good design -- GW easily has the best design in an MMO to date as far as visuals go......especially on armor. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Deldrimor_armor#Hero_armor