Guardians of the Galaxy - 7/10 GS, 81 MC!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Not bad, not bad. You gonna pick this up, SW? I can see me trying this out at a lower price, or Gamepass.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Better scores than expected TBH.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

QTE and cinematic walking.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Absolutely.

Generic third person game. based on shitty marvel movie.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Decent enough, will definitely play it at some point!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44149 Posts

Not too shabby. Wouldn’t mind playing this sometime myself. Got other things higher up on my to get list though so not sure when I might get around to it.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I'll be playing it with my sister. I don't expect much from the combat but I hope the characters are good.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#8 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

So, straightforward but nothing special. Haven't watched SkillUp's and ACG's reviews yet, though. They tend to dive deep into the details more than most written reviews.

Might change my mind, but for now, throwing it on the Sale pile.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

from what i've seen file this alongside ratchet and clank as something i'd probably buy for my little nephew

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Already got it on Steam for half the price through CDKey ($42) so I'm totally cool what this game is getting out of the reviews and already watch few gameplay so I know what to expect. Looking forward to playing Guardians of the Galaxy midnight. Also, I'm glad this game isn't following the footsteps of the MCU and doing its own thing.

(Would be cool if I can play T'Challa as Star-Lord over Quill only because What if...? spoiled me lol)

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7162 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Absolutely.

Generic third person game. based on shitty marvel movie.

ok guys so a 7 = a shitty game. only 9 rated games are fun and good I guess.

im not sticking up for this game just saying. a 7 is not bad for a movie game even though it does not follow the movies.

you guys will never like any super hero game I guess. because they all will have a story to it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

No interest of playing this thing, but while watching the SkillUP review, all i was thinking is a Mass Effect game with these kind of visuals and facial animations/lips sync. Why can't we have that????? I need that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts
@gifford38 said:

ok guys so a 7 = a shitty game. only 9 rated games are fun and good I guess.

im not sticking up for this game just saying. a 7 is not bad for a movie game even though it does not follow the movies.

you guys will never like any super hero game I guess. because they all will have a story to it.

One fav games.

Some reviewers like, but otherwise, really don't care what they are saying. They have different expectations. All that QTE, cinematic walk, trying to be a movie shit, they love that. To me it's like getting an enema. Not really doing shit, most of the time.

Marvel Midnight Suns looks like it could be good, modern Freedom Force. But who knows, that could be a shitshow.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Bargain bin game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Given that Eidos Montreal games have to date scored far above than anything they deserve, what we have here is a 5/10, maybe 6/10 tops. I will wait for a sale.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Not an $80 venture for me. Unless I cave, i'll grab down the line for 1/2 price or so. Actually really enjoying Eastward... About 5hrs in at the moment.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Might check it out one of these years.. probably not though. Never even played that Avengers game or whatever it was and I've had chances to play it for free. The whole superhero thing is almost as played out as zombies at this point... well, maybe not quite that much.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Skipping this

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 734 Posts

I want to play this but can wait till half off or more.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah, pass.

I get so frustrated when I see this in games, I ragequit. Doesn't matter if I'm only an hour in, not touching it.

It's why I stopped playing the Avengers game.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

If it comes to Gamepass or PsNow I'll grab it.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Game is trash. Wait for it to be free.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

This game is the prime example of everything what's wrong with gaming.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Watched some gameplay on twitch... god damn they're barraging you with childish jokes. Its like they were written by a 13yo made for the 8-15yo crowd. Real cringe.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Might check it out one of these years.. probably not though. Never even played that Avengers game or whatever it was and I've had chances to play it for free. The whole superhero thing is almost as played out as zombies at this point... well, maybe not quite that much.

You should be drawn & quartered for lumping superheroes with zombies. Zombies literally can never be played out..in fact, there really isn't enough games, movies, tv, with awesome zombie content that does the ghouls justice.

Also, if some excellent developers would be given the Punisher & Deadpool ip's to make a game from, I would not complain about superhero over saturation.

My biggest gripe with games in general is the bandwagon jumping when a genre finds success, then EVERY developer is making that game, with zero to no innovation or freshness being introduced. The battle royal genre is a great example, & i just the tip of the iceberg.

There is just very little variety or outside the box innovation, etc, happening with most modern games. When 3D first became the norm with Saturn, N64 & PS, it was crazy how much the envelope was being pushed in those years..& it just slowed with each gen since. Obviously budgetary constraints are a major factor in the revolution of gaming, as the type of game I see as the way forward would need to include a mass of developers that are top of the pile in their respective genres.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Decided to get it anyways, loved the Guardians movies but hate almost everything Eidos Montreal touches so curious where I fall on this.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

If it's anything like the Avengers game I'll wait until it comes to Game Pass and uninstall it after an hour.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

Some of you guys need to stop comparing this game to Avengers as this was made by a different studio despite they both share the same publisher.

That said, I been enjoying it so far on PC. If you are used to the MCU Guardians of the Galaxy, this is a different take on the GOTG compare to their MCU counterpart. Star-Lord is the Chad and for what its worth, I like it over Chris Pratt's version. Drax is more serious then Batista version and Rocket Racoon feels more the same. I am Groot is I am Groot. The gameplay is solid for a single player action game, the visuals are almost similar to CP2077, I have everything in max settings along with ray-tracing and from what I can tell, the game is stable. I'm still in the honeymoon phase but this game is really fun with the whole interaction with the characters.

(Will be posting pics soon)

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hallenbeck77  Moderator  Online
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@davillain-: I'm definitely enjoying this as well--playing the Series X version, though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@hallenbeck77 said:

@davillain-: I'm definitely enjoying this as well--playing the Series X version, though.

Nice to see someone is enjoying other then me. I'll admit, I like this Star-Lord more so then the MCU despite I don't mind Chris Pratt. This is pretty much a sleeper hit, its hardly getting any praises.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hallenbeck77  Moderator  Online
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@davillain- said:

Nice to see someone is enjoying other then me. I'll admit, I like this Star-Lord more so then the MCU despite I don't mind Chris Pratt. This is pretty much a sleeper hit, its hardly getting any praises.

I was a little apprehensive on getting it initially, but no GaaS BS and no microtransactions were a plus, and I like that they went more with what was in line with the comics as opposed to the MCU. It's not a perfect game, but it is a fun one so far. At least to me, anyway.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts
@kizza_soze said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

You should be drawn & quartered for lumping superheroes with zombies. Zombies literally can never be played out..in fact, there really isn't enough games, movies, tv, with awesome zombie content that does the ghouls justice.

Also, if some excellent developers would be given the Punisher & Deadpool ip's to make a game from, I would not complain about superhero over saturation.

My biggest gripe with games in general is the bandwagon jumping when a genre finds success, then EVERY developer is making that game, with zero to no innovation or freshness being introduced. The battle royal genre is a great example, & i just the tip of the iceberg.

There is just very little variety or outside the box innovation, etc, happening with most modern games. When 3D first became the norm with Saturn, N64 & PS, it was crazy how much the envelope was being pushed in those years..& it just slowed with each gen since. Obviously budgetary constraints are a major factor in the revolution of gaming, as the type of game I see as the way forward would need to include a mass of developers that are top of the pile in their respective genres.

Sorry, I often get quoted and taken out of context by a few of the lower lifeforms that frequent this site from under their bridge.. lol.

Those people will cry enough to shame the Dead Sea if you put too much thought, time, or energy into a post and expand upon the base details (yeah, you know who you are) and will say they didn't read what you posted after they get wrecked and undoubtedly did read what you wrote.

You summed it up quite well with the line that I put in bold.

There are a few superhero and zombie games that aren't too bad and often times the better zombie games blow away the better superhero games. The problem is that especially with zombies (since there isn't any expensive licensing involved in most cases) that the genre is completely oversaturated with run of the mill experiences which leaves me wishing that a few of those games contained just about anything else outside of a played out troupe that more often than not is nothing more than a cash grab.

I have quite an extensive knowledge of the history of games, own a huge library, and play just about every genre imaginable across every/any platform starting around the 2600/NES era. Overall I miss the AA days. The good news is that I truly do believe that we are moving back into those times once again. AAA and whatever the hell AAAA games are (super mega budget games with mammoth sized teams... I guess) they talk about today are completely unsustainable with the prices (especially if they come to game services) and time it takes to make games (in most cases), and I would much rather get $30-$60/AA pricing titles that are all about gameplay and fun rather than over the top cinematics and shine.

I must say that there are a couple/few zombie games releasing in the future that I have my eye on, and I can't say the same about many superhero games outside of perhaps Wolverine, so although I normally prefer that genre a little more I can also still say with a straight face that it's easily more overplayed and fatigued overall these days. Now back in the LJN days.. well then I would have been begging for zombies over shitty superhero games.. lol. I am one of those people who really likes both Friday the 13th (NES) and Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES).

Some of my favorite horror movies like the original Night of the Living Dead, Zombie Land, Reanimator, and to a lesser extent Evil Dead franchise and shows like The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead have way more screen time by me than most superhero movies/shows which for the most part feel corny and that they are trying too hard to me most of the time.

Also, I agree that we need a badass Punisher game. He should get a full fledged open world game like Spiderman or GTA. I'm retired from the USMC and he's one of my favorite superhero category (not really too sure how to label him since I'm not fond of the antihero label) type characters that exists if not my favorite.