GTAIV exclusivity not as far-fetched as it sounds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
Look,
Take Two owns Rockstar Games that owns Rockstar North that make the GTA games, correct?

If Take Two ends up putting itself on the market up for grabs, Microsoft will swoop in (because it has the most money (much more than Sony / EA have)) and if Microsoft owns GTA, they can decide exclusivity for it.

*shrug* I don't understand why some people go "LOL NEVER IN THIS LIFETIME GTA IS TOO BIG" ? If Microsoft did buy Take Two, then they wouldn't need to maximize profits from GTA by putting it multiplat, they'd gain a lot more having it exclusive to 360.

Good day.
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts

naw there not gonna onw take two Sony owned them since the day Playstation 1 came out and since Sony dominated though out The playsation years i dont c my Take-Two should let MS buy them

but if Ms did out buy Take-two i will send them a letter and tell them that there all a bunch of muppets and there all 4 nothing Money Grabbin Gits

real_nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 real_nimrod
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts
Didn't a see hundreds of threads like this a few days back?
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheSpidren

but if Ms did out buy Take-two i will send them a letter and tell them that there all a bunch of muppets and there all 4 nothing Money Grabbin Gits

Whiteknight19
Yeah that'll show 'em!!!!111!1! GOOD WORK
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Microsoft said theyr not buying ,and i also recently read that Take-two might not be for sale
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
Capcom.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Me_Ur_Daddy_
and if MS bought take two you would see a big migration of employees from rockstar, they are all sony fanboys and MS knows this. i saw the interview with shane kim about company buyouts and he said it can cause more problems than solve for them and that it doesnt guarantee the talent will stay, thats why they are scared to buy take two.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
It won't be a GTA4 announcement it'll be a "give us more money" announcement.
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheSpidren
MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.Me_Ur_Daddy_
LOL! Sony is a beggar compared to Microsoft. Come on.
Bloodfrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bloodfrost
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Take Two wont sell :p
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sdifjds
Member since 2003 • 1088 Posts
It's very far-fetched. All the lemmings making tonights announcement out to be something as huge as GTA4 exclusivity are just setting themselves up for disappointment and ownage.
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheSpidren
and if MS bought take two you would see a big migration of employees from rockstar, they are all sony fanboys and MS knows this. i saw the interview with shane kim about company buyouts and he said it can cause more problems than solve for them and that it doesnt guarantee the talent will stay, thats why they are scared to buy take two.Me_Ur_Daddy_
If the employees are 'fanboys', then I think that's bad news for everyone. Fanboys don't belong in the game designing business.
It won't be a GTA4 announcement it'll be a "give us more money" announcement.DaysAirlines
Why? How would we be "giving microsoft more money"? I own a 360, I'm buying GTAIV if it's on the PS3 or not, doesn't make more money come from my pocket to MS.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.Me_Ur_Daddy_
Bill Gates has nowhere near the amount of MS as a whole company. I mean come on get real. And MS has far more money then Sony.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

Look,
Take Two owns Rockstar Games that owns Rockstar North that make the GTA games, correct?

If Take Two ends up putting itself on the market up for grabs, Microsoft will swoop in (because it has the most money (much more than Sony / EA have)) and if Microsoft owns GTA, they can decide exclusivity for it.

*shrug* I don't understand why some people go "LOL NEVER IN THIS LIFETIME GTA IS TOO BIG" ? If Microsoft did buy Take Two, then they wouldn't need to maximize profits from GTA by putting it multiplat, they'd gain a lot more having it exclusive to 360.

Good day.
TheSpidren

interesting seeing how for the ps3's games, FF13 and MGS4, this doesnt apply...hmmm i wonder i mean people buy systems for 1 game...also there is a better chance of Sony buying them, if anyone does, because they have been associated with eachother since PS1 era and Sony brought them to life like they did with capcom

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

The big announcement will be-- DUM DUM DUMMMM...

The black wireless headset and media remote! 

useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts
there'll be a few immature cows on this board thatll claim "TLHBO LOL!!!" once multiplat for GTAIV is confirmed... just gotta say.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
[QUOTE="Whiteknight19"]

TheSpidren
Yeah that'll show 'em!!!!111!1! GOOD WORK

Make a petition! That'd show how intelligent you can be on the internets!
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
Nothing is stopping MS from getting GTA 4 time Exclusive like Sony use to do. there are more 360 units sold than ps3's. so the main unit to Rockstar is the 360.
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheSpidren

[QUOTE="TheSpidren"]Look,

Good day.
Kahuna_1

interesting seeing how for the ps3's games, FF13 and MGS4, this doesnt apply...hmmm i wonder i mean people buy systems for 1 game...also there is a better chance of Sony buying them, if anyone does, because they have been associated with eachother since PS1 era and Sony brought them to life like they did with capcom

What you are saying does not make sense. I'm saying if MS did own GTAIV, they would keep it on 360 (and make money that way by selling 360 consoles), instead of putting it multiplat and making money by selling the game more often. And if Take Two does sell, MS will buy it. Not Sony. Sony wishes.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kahuna_1
[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

Good day.
TheSpidren

What you are saying does not make sense. I'm saying if MS did own GTAIV, they would keep it on 360 (and make money that way by selling 360 consoles), instead of putting it multiplat and making money by selling the game more often. And if Take Two does sell, MS will buy it. Not Sony. Sony wishes.

Yeah and I am saying that, that is true for MGS4, FF13 and even GTA4(if it was still exclusive).

DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts
Hmmm, bad guess there! Microsoft worth $270 Billion... Sony worth $51 Billion. Sony has 4.5 Billion in cash. Microsoft has $24 Billion in cash. Sony has a fraction of the assets that Microsoft has. Even more impressive Microsoft has a return of 15.5% on their assets while Sony makes a pitly 1.5% on theirs. I'm not saying that MIcrosoft will buy Take-two... but they definitely have far deeper pockets (nearly 5 times) than Sony. Plus if Sony bought take two it would be devistaing to Take two as the PS3 install base is so small. If MS buys Take two they would have the 10million plus Xbox360 market PLUS the PC market as well. I don't think MS will do it because the GTAIV brand in tarinished and pulls in too much heat with every release. MS will prefer it to stay outside the fold so they are not 'responsible' for the ridiculous claims of people blaming the game for the worlds problems.
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

Timstuff

God I hope not.

I still think the second conference they have tonight will focus on first party.

Probably Halo 3 Beta and HOPEFULLY (for my sake :P) a Banjo-Threeie trailer or gameplay demonstration.

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheSpidren
[QUOTE="TheSpidren"][QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

Good day.
Kahuna_1

Yeah and I am saying that, that is true for MGS4, FF13 and even GTA4(if it was still exclusive).

I still don't understand what you're trying to say.
DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

Microsoft said theyr not buying ,and i also recently read that Take-two might not be for saleGsSanAndreas

Take Two is a public company. So by definition it is for sale to the highest bidder. Ever heard of a hostile takeover? 

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheSpidren
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

ZeldaMaster32

God I hope not.

I still think the second conference they have tonight will focus on first party.

Probably Halo 3 Beta and HOPEFULLY (for my sake :P) a Banjo-Threeie trailer or gameplay demonstration.

I too hope not D: I'm not interested in Halo 3 Beta either (I want to play it when it's polished and ready). Maybe... XBLgold free? :O!!@?@!@$@?!?!?!?!? That would be big news.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kahuna_1
[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"][QUOTE="TheSpidren"][QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

Good day.
TheSpidren

Replace 360 with PS3 and MS with Sony, also after that replace GTA4 with FF13 and MGS4.

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheSpidren
[QUOTE="TheSpidren"][QUOTE="Kahuna_1"][QUOTE="TheSpidren"][QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

Good day.
Kahuna_1

Replace 360 with PS3 and MS with Sony, also after that replace GTA4 with FF13 and MGS4.

Wtf? o_O
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"]MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.TheSpidren
LOL! Sony is a beggar compared to Microsoft. Come on.

[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"]MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.rybe1025
Bill Gates has nowhere near the amount of MS as a whole company. I mean come on get real. And MS has far more money then Sony.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2006/snapshots/1246.html http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2006/snapshots/879.html i wont even linkify ill make you work to see it :lol:
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kahuna_1
If Sony owned GTA4 they would sell it only on the PS3, and would sell PS3s by doing so, and make money...if MGS4 was exclusive to PS3 it would sell PS3s...if FF13 was exclusive to the PS3 it would sell PS3s...is that clear or should I just stop trying?
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheSpidren
If Sony owned GTA4 they would sell it only on the PS3, and would sell PS3s by doing so, and make money...if MGS4 was exclusive to PS3 it would sell PS3s...if FF13 was exclusive to the PS3 it would sell PS3s...is that clear or should I just stop trying?Kahuna_1
That's kind of too clear. What was the point of saying that though? Of course if a popular game is exclusive to one console, it will sell more of that console by doing so. o_O
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kahuna_1

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]If Sony owned GTA4 they would sell it only on the PS3, and would sell PS3s by doing so, and make money...if MGS4 was exclusive to PS3 it would sell PS3s...if FF13 was exclusive to the PS3 it would sell PS3s...is that clear or should I just stop trying?TheSpidren
That's kind of too clear. What was the point of saying that though? Of course if a popular game is exclusive to one console, it will sell more of that console by doing so. o_O

lol I was just trying to say what you were saying but for the PS3

Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"]MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.DuaneDog
Hmmm, bad guess there! Microsoft worth $270 Billion... Sony worth $51 Billion. Sony has 4.5 Billion in cash. Microsoft has $24 Billion in cash. Sony has a fraction of the assets that Microsoft has. Even more impressive Microsoft has a return of 15.5% on their assets while Sony makes a pitly 1.5% on theirs. I'm not saying that MIcrosoft will buy Take-two... but they definitely have far deeper pockets (nearly 5 times) than Sony. Plus if Sony bought take two it would be devistaing to Take two as the PS3 install base is so small. If MS buys Take two they would have the 10million plus Xbox360 market PLUS the PC market as well. I don't think MS will do it because the GTAIV brand in tarinished and pulls in too much heat with every release. MS will prefer it to stay outside the fold so they are not 'responsible' for the ridiculous claims of people blaming the game for the worlds problems.

Where do you get this info? http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2006/snapshots/1246.html http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2006/snapshots/879.html ???
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="DuaneDog"][QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"]MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.nextgengaming18

Where do you get this info? http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2006/snapshots/1246.html http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2006/snapshots/879.html ???

did you just copy my post ? plageurism !11!!! i will sue i want my ownage all to myself !1!!! i wanted to own the bounty hunter on my own :lol:
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
Nobody even placed a bid for Take-Two. There is going to be a stock share owners meeting tomorrow... :|
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Umm... inform yourself. MS is worth five times what Sony is worth. Sony is bigger in ASSETS, but that's because Sony has a whole lot of manufacturing plants. However, Sony's brand value is really, really low. They have 1.5 billion in profits, against Microsoft's 13 billion. 

Who doesn't have much more money, you said? Purchasing Take-Two for Microsoft is frankly nothing. 

JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
Look,

Good day.
TheSpidren
MS has already publicly stated that they are not interested. Making all of their games exclusive makes the company less profitable. It's simple economics. Neither Sony nor MS will be in the running if T2 does decide to sell. If anything it would come down to EA and Ubisoft.
braydee1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 braydee1234
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts
Microsofts net income is roughly $16 billion a year. Sony is $1billion
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

naw there not gonna onw take two Sony owned them since the day Playstation 1 came out and since Sony dominated though out The playsation years i dont c my Take-Two should let MS buy them

Whiteknight19
Yeah, why would they sell, they could just go bankrupt instead.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts

But what about the fact that MS announced that it wasn't going to buy T2?

"We could never launch an acquisition bid at a third party publisher," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft (Charts) Game Studios.

Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Me_Ur_Daddy_

[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"]MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.Grive

Umm... inform yourself. MS is worth five times what Sony is worth. Sony is bigger in ASSETS, but that's because Sony has a whole lot of manufacturing plants. However, Sony's brand value is really, really low. They have 1.5 billion in profits, against Microsoft's 13 billion. 

Who doesn't have much more money, you said? Purchasing Take-Two for Microsoft is frankly nothing. 

[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"]MS doesnt have much more money than sony, they are almost equal get informed. bill gates is the one with the 50 billion dollars and hes giving it away to buy himself into heaven not buying studios with it. and sony has much more assets and those become very useful in company buyouts and is a big advantage for sony.braydee1234
Microsofts net income is roughly $16 billion a year. Sony is $1billion

a couple fanboys didnt read all the comments and the ownage i posted ;)
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

But what about the fact that MS announced that it wasn't going to buy T2?

"We could never launch an acquisition bid at a third party publisher," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft (Charts) Game Studios.

Trading_Zoner
Odds are that they are not buying them but saying that they are not going to buy should be expected. Why would you wan't their stock to double by giving any kind of hint that you are intrestead?
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
I don't think MS wants them with their current setup. If it was broken up then maybe but the reality is take two isn't for sale because the shareholders want full control and they are about to get it. The idea of the sale was a way for the CEO to keep control away from the near majority shareholders but he has failed.