GTA4 0.9% higher on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rumtumtugger
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts
I honestly cannot understand all the attacks on this post. Is it, or the information contained inaccurate, biased, degoratory or provoking in any way? If not, why does it deserve insulting, simplty due to it's existence?

It's like attacking a UN plan to reduce bombings in Iraq because you do not believe that Iraq is worth saving.

Better post:

It's right on the Gamerankings front page, but for the mildly lazy:

http://www.gamerankings.com/

0.9% isn't a horribly big difference, and 360 has more reviews, so maybe there might not be a difference at all. Still, we get bragging rights.

To accurately see what a 0.9% difference means:

DMC4: 0.6% higher on PS3

COD4: 0.4% higher on 360

Burnout Paradise: 0.9% higher on 360

Assassins Creed: 1.3% higher on 360. Ouch that hurts. To think it was once a PS3 exclusive.

GRAW 2: 1.5 higher on PS3 (with added content)

Oblivion: 0.7% lower on PS3 (WTF?)

Army of Two: 1.1% higher on PS3

Bully: SE: 3.6% higher on Wii. (ouch)

Turok: 2% higher on 360

Blacksite: 4.7% higher on 360

So 0.9% difference means slightly better graphics/controls, but not Turok/Blacksite level graphical difference, and no platform exclusive bugs (Army of Two).

ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts
360 version has more reviews though.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

360 version has more reviews though.ejstrup

Which means its more accurate :? Self-owned plus 1?

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

[QUOTE="ejstrup"]360 version has more reviews though.hongkingkong

Exactly, PS3 review isn't so accurate. All review sites gave it the same score for both versions, now it's down to the magazines. I dunno why PS3 version has less reviews.

Either way, it's one of the best games this gen.

ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

Selfowned? Like EuroMafia said, the 360 has more reviews, making the score more accurate than the PS3. If the PS3 had more reviews, it might have a lower score too. Or higher, we can't really know.

PS I have the PS3 version, just FYI

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]

[QUOTE="ejstrup"]360 version has more reviews though.EuroMafia

Exactly, PS3 review isn't so accurate. All review sites gave it the same score for both versions, now it's down to the magazines. I dunno why PS3 version has less reviews.

Agreed, but I enjoyed GeOW strangely better the first time round. I think the hype is wearing off for me and i see the truth, GTA4 is a bit of a pick-me-up from San Andreas. Sorry if i sound like a game critic douche but this game doesn't innovate at all. I honestly see more innovative gameplay in GeOW2 with the animations and locust-shield (not bigging up EPIC or anything Cliffy B is but a mere lapdog imo).

ejstrup: we both don't have a leg to stand on. Reviews don't matter for $%&@ when you want a game.

rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rumtumtugger

Agreed, but I enjoyed GeOW strangely better the first time round. I think the hype is wearing off for me and i see the truth, GTA4 is a bit of a pick-me-up from San Andreas. Sorry if i sound like a game critic douche but this game doesn't innovate at all. I honestly see more innovative gameplay in GeOW2 with the animations and locust-shield (not bigging up EPIC or anything Cliffy B is but a mere lapdog imo).

ejstrup: we both don't have a leg to stand on. Reviews don't matter for $%&@ when you want a game.

Shield? Wasn't that first in online multiplayer in Splinter Cell?

Still, Gears is a great game for that.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
360 version has more reviews, think before you post.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
lemming ownage confirmed! :roll:
rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rumtumtugger

360 version has more reviews, think before you post.angelkimne

So? Bragging rights. :)

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angelkimne

[QUOTE="angelkimne"]360 version has more reviews, think before you post.rumtumtugger

If you really are gonna brag to people that ps3 has 0.9% higher then you should really just leave SW for ever and not come back

Forensic-Klown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Forensic-Klown
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
I like cheese.
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts

Means nothing, it's just that ps3 magazines gave higher scores on average than xbox ones. the ones that reviewed both versions gave the same score to both.

There is more 360 reviews because they got the 360 version first and there is no point reviewing the exact same game twice just for a few pixels difference.

rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rumtumtugger
[QUOTE="rumtumtugger"]

[QUOTE="angelkimne"]360 version has more reviews, think before you post.angelkimne

If you really are gonna brag to people that ps3 has 0.9% higher then you should really just leave SW for ever and not come back

I have the right to barg to anyone about anything at anytime. My rabbit has longer ears than yours. My GTA4 is imperceptibly better than yours.

It's the freedom of speech. I have the right to pursue happiness, and it makes me happy to brag about GTA4 being ZERO POINT NINE PERCENT higher on PS3, therefore I do.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
so?.. what does this prove.. are they all reviewed by the same guys?... think..
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 angelkimne
[QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="rumtumtugger"]

[QUOTE="angelkimne"]360 version has more reviews, think before you post.rumtumtugger

I have the right to barg to anyone about anything at anytime. My rabbit has longer ears than yours. My GTA4 is imperceptibly better than yours.

It's the freedom of speech. I have the right to pursue happiness, and it makes me happy to brag about GTA4 being ZERO POINT NINE PERCENT higher on PS3, therefore I do.

Ok, you might have the right to say it, but with me the name of your account has been remembered and any post or thread you ever make has no credibility in my mind.

rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rumtumtugger
[QUOTE="rumtumtugger"][QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="rumtumtugger"]

[QUOTE="angelkimne"]360 version has more reviews, think before you post.angelkimne

Ok, you might have the right to say it, but with me the name of your account has been remembered and any post or thread you ever make has no credibility in my mind.

Yeah, you have the right to do that too.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Both are slowly dropping. Hopefully there's not too many more reviews. I don't want both to end up dropping below Zelda: OOT (don't like Zelda much):P.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="rumtumtugger"][QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="rumtumtugger"]

ouch!

and remember people on SW have memories like elephants!

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts

The 360 having more reviews is obviously going to increase the chance of a lower score. Self Self Owned.

The Score doesnt mean anything significant.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

ITs reasons like this I find Gamerankings to be made of such epic fail its remarkable how you all cling to it.

Anyone with half a brain would tell you how much better the PC version of Orange Box is over 360, yet, 360 is ahead :lol:, so many easy review systems, so much flawed logic, so much Xbox360 fanboyism.

Ofcourse thats not to say Xbox Fanboys stand out, Mario Galaxy? top 10 games in my life? hell no, Mario 64 was overall better imo.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

sorry TC, you lose

i think we're all in agreement that you just owned yourself

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 angelkimne

ITs reasons like this I find Gamerankings to be made of such epic fail its remarkable how you all cling to it.

Anyone with half a brain would tell you how much better the PC version of Orange Box is over 360, yet, 360 is ahead :lol:, so many easy review systems, so much flawed logic, so much Xbox360 fanboyism.

Ofcourse thats not to say Xbox Fanboys stand out, Mario Galaxy? top 10 games in my life? hell no, Mario 64 was overall better imo.

Meu2k7

I know, but it's still less flawed than using only GS scores.

MajinFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MajinFix
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts

0.9% how can you even argue about it?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

PS3 Avg Ratio: 99% (based on 30 reviews)

360 avg Ratio: 98% (based on 46 reviews)

EDITED W/ Pic

there you go:) now hush:P

*zoomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 *zoomin
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts
I have the right to brag to anyone about anything at anytime. My rabbit has longer ears than yours. My GTA4 is imperceptibly better than yours.

rumtumtugger

on the subject of having the right to brag to anyone about anything anytime... lol how bad is the ps3 version of gta4.. doesnt even run in 720p... who cares if it still looks the same becuase my rabbit has longer ears than yours

rumtumtugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rumtumtugger
[QUOTE="rumtumtugger"]I have the right to brag to anyone about anything at anytime. My rabbit has longer ears than yours. My GTA4 is imperceptibly better than yours.

Zoomin

on the subject of having the right to brag to anyone about anything anytime... lol how bad is the ps3 version of gta4.. doesnt even run in 720p... who cares if it still looks the same becuase my rabbit has longer ears than yours

No, my rabbit's ears are 50 feet long.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

People are attacking the post as it doesn't make any sense. Different critics reviewed the PS3 game. And fewer critics, too. Clearly more editors of PS3 sites and magazines thought the game was worth a perfect 10. Had the two games been reviewed by the same outlets, the thread would make sense.

That isn't the case though.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 angelkimne
[QUOTE="Zoomin"][QUOTE="rumtumtugger"]I have the right to brag to anyone about anything at anytime. My rabbit has longer ears than yours. My GTA4 is imperceptibly better than yours.

rumtumtugger

No, my rabbit's ears are 50 feet long.

Yeah well my wenis is 99999999999999 meters long

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
I can't believe you kids are crying over 0.9% so sad, makes me feel dirty to think that i contribute to the forums. Why the TC made this is beyond me.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
The only reason the PS3 version is higher is because CVG gave both copies of the game to two different reviewers. The PS3 guy gave it a 10 and the 360 guy gave it a 9.5. Also, OXM gave it a 9.5. Two sources that can't really be used to compare the game.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

I think its because OXM gave it a 9.5, while OPM gave it a 10

those reviews werent comparing the versions, so thats why it could be different

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts

Haha that is the first time I've seen someone get self owned trying to call a self own

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Congrats PS3, of course I said long ago that I was getting the 360 version to play the dlc and would accept a slightly worse version if it meant I got to use XBL and play with my rl friends so there you go.

Btw, about the Bully score, anyone find it ironic that Bully was crucified for lockups and bugginess while other titles like GT5P, GTA4, Warhawk and every other game that has released in the last 5 years did not get score reductions for having the exact same issues?

Selective memory ftw?

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

What I honestly do not understand is why cows are bragging about a 0.9% difference.

If I were a cow, I would be completely embarrassed at such a small difference. Seeing how Sony promised a console that was going to revolutionize gaming. Doesn't seem so revolutionary now, does it?

On a side note, being proud of 0.9% is actually desperate nitpicking on the cows part...But I would expect nothing less.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

talk about splitting hairs... but this is like splitting hairs on an atomic lvl :P this is an apples vs oranges scenario. maybe if all outlets were the same for reviews on both systems, but the fact is the PS3 has more PS / Sony mags and Sony affiliate reviews, and the 360 reviews by affiliates were lower. that along should be enough for anyone with common sense to refuse comparison.

and btw, who the hell brings in an analogy about Iraq in to System Wars? talk about a critical perspective issue...

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Higher standards
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points