GTA V release date confirmed by Rockstar!

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by mariokart64fan (20547 posts) -

spring ? thats a date confirmed? last time they said something like this it ended up being delayed remember they said holiday 2012 , lol

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#152 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]GTA4 was the best GTA so far, no contestprinceofshapeir
No. Not even close. The only way to think that is to get hit in the head with a shovel....Multiple times.

That's the only way you'll develop a taste for good games, apparently. GTA IV is the best in the series by far. You haters would rather the game retain the GTA III era engine so long as you could get haircuts and make your character a fatass.

Try playing a game that was released before 2005. FYI, GTA3 sucked and I prefer Vice City and San Andreas. You clearly have never played either of those games. I find it hilarious children are raging on me because I don't think GTA4 was god. Mind you I never said it was a bad game, just not the best one. Try playing older ones before you get butthurt.
#153 Posted by Pitbulllova (798 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]LOLNOPCwis3boi

LOL every GTA game has had a pc release after the console version :roll:

after a very long time.
#154 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
next year better than this year and last combined? possible
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#155 Posted by princeofshapeir (16593 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] No. Not even close. The only way to think that is to get hit in the head with a shovel....Multiple times.

That's the only way you'll develop a taste for good games, apparently. GTA IV is the best in the series by far. You haters would rather the game retain the GTA III era engine so long as you could get haircuts and make your character a fatass.

Try playing a game that was released before 2005. FYI, GTA3 sucked and I prefer Vice City and San Andreas. You clearly have never played either of those games. I find it hilarious children are raging on me because I don't think GTA4 was god. Mind you I never said it was a bad game, just not the best one. Try playing older ones before you get butthurt.

I've played the older games extensively. It's cute that your best rebuttal is accusing me of being someone who first started the GTA series with IV and implying I'm a kid. Someone is insecure and has no argument. GTA IV is the modern realization of the GTA series.
#156 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] No. Not even close. The only way to think that is to get hit in the head with a shovel....Multiple times. TheWalkingGhost

When you are out of middle school maybe you'll realize what an "opinion" is before bashing someone for praising what is objectively one of the best games ever made, and the highest scoring GTA title of all time. In this case they're more in the right then you would ever be.

The irony of this immature rant is almost too much.

The point

Your head

Went riiiiight over it didn't it? You'd think having the time to edit your post twice might also remedy that, but nope.

#157 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

R* better hope that Madonna doesn't release an album when the game releases. A new Madonna album could easily cut into their sales.

#158 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

Firstquarter is murder for me Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, God of War: Ascension, Bioshock: infinite, Gears of War: Judgment, DMC, Metal Gear Solid Rising, Tomb Raider and now THIS? Call me da broke gamer. Lets keep it real however if I had to choose one game to buy out of everything y'all know which one which one it is.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#159 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] I've played the older games extensively. It's cute that your best rebuttal is accusing me of being someone who first started the GTA series with IV and implying I'm a kid. Someone is insecure and has no argument. GTA IV is the modern realization of the GTA series.

Try putting forth an argument of your own first. All you are doing is exactly what you accuse me of.

The point

Your head

Went riiiiight over it didn't it? You'd think having the time to edit your post twice might also remedy that, but nope.

SPYDER0416
Clearly you have no concept of irony. I got your silly point, but you clearly missed what I was hinting at.
#161 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] because some people think its cool to hate on popular things. i am not even a big GTA fan at all, i only truly enjoyed one of the three that i played. still i can understand that it is always a quality game.SNIPER4321

Yeah if you spend any amount of time on SW, you'll notice the only people stupid enough to say "Watch Dogs is better" are the hipsters who only hate GTA because it's new and love Watch Dogs because it's like "so underground man".

We don't know anything about Watch Dogs except that it's an open world crime game, one that is pretty and lets you push a button on your phone to hack the planet or whatever. Not a new concept, and it's a game we know so little about that it's laughable to even compare it to a game we know is from an esteemed franchise with the news on it already showing off how amazing it's going to be.

or because Watch dogs looks better in every way. hacking may not new concept but compare to GTA5 it atleast something new... GTA 5 is same game done to death so many times. but i guess GTA has Big name in Mainstream media so ofcourse its getting more attention while being inferior game..

How do you know GTA V is inferior? You haven't played it, dispsh!t.

#163 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]How do you know GTA V is inferior? You haven't played it, dispsh!t.SNIPER4321
I have played GTA vice city and SA. dont see what the fuss is all about. i got bored of it. too over the top and unserious game I have played GTA4. while better than previous still overrated game. i mean 10/10?? are you kidding me??

Vice City and San Andreas and GTAIV/=/GTA V. :shock:

#165 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

Watch Dogs will be better than GTA5 just like how Mafia 1 was so much better than GTA back thanSNIPER4321

no just no....mafia was good but GTA 3 and VC curbstomped it.

#166 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Still dont see what fuss is about GTA5, Watch Dogs looks alot better and oringal. I usaully get bored with rockstar games, too repetative and it doesnt help the driving/shooting mechanics are medicore.

#170 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

Would have been a day-one purchase for me. However since they've decided to again ignore their PC fans, my methods of acquisition may not be so... legitimate.C_Rule

which results in this vicious cycle continuing....and then when 6 rolls round the same arguement will be brought out and the process begins a-new again.

Besides its been this way sicne the days of III.

#171 Posted by C_Rule (9816 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Would have been a day-one purchase for me. However since they've decided to again ignore their PC fans, my methods of acquisition may not be so... legitimate.razgriz_101

which results in this vicious cycle continuing....and then when 6 rolls round the same arguement will be brought out and the process begins a-new again.

But R* don't seem to care about revenue from PC sales, they've made their money from the consoles. Yes, yes, I know; not surprising but no less disappointing.
#172 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]Would have been a day-one purchase for me. However since they've decided to again ignore their PC fans, my methods of acquisition may not be so... legitimate.C_Rule

But R* don't seem to care about revenue from PC sales, they've made their money from the consoles. Yes, yes, I know; not surprising but no less disappointing.

if you want the support you crave would it not be more logical to support them? R*'s recently made strides with PC gamers with Max Payne 3 who knows it might be down to optimizing RAGE we dont see a PC build just yet.

But the childish attitude you posses just shows whats wrong with gamers ideologies now.

If you dont support the PC version, then when this happens again further down the line you really have no right to complan because you kinds of folks brought it on yourselves with this draconian and absurd attitude.

#173 Posted by C_Rule (9816 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

if you want the support you crave would it not be more logical to support them? R*'s recently made strides with PC gamers with Max Payne 3 who knows it might be down to optimizing RAGE we dont see a PC build just yet.

But the childish attitude you posses just shows whats wrong with gamers ideologies now.

If you dont support the PC version, then when this happens again further down the line you really have no right to complan because you kinds of folks brought it on yourselves with this draconian and absurd attitude.

I do doubt the actions of PC gamers, whatever the may be, in regards to acquiring GTA V will have any effect on future GTA released. Like you said; been happening since #3, they seem pretty set in their ways. Of course, if the time is spent crafting a glorious port which does not run like sh*t on the best of the best machines, then they'll get my money.
#174 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
That's not a date. "What time is dinner?" "Tonight."
#175 Posted by C_Rule (9816 posts) -

That's not a date. "What time is dinner?" "Tonight."Cherokee_Jack
Giving a season as a time-frame is quite annoying, especially when you don't live in that region or don't even know which region they are talking about. I guess they do it to give themselves a bit of flexibility.

They could at lest give a particular quarter of the year for a release window. Maybe that does not sound as fancy as OUT IN SPRING. Screw practicality, make sure our posters look fancy.

#176 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

Exactly!

@C_Rule

If the game doesn't live up to your standards at the time of release, instead of pirating it, why not wait for the issues to get fixed either by official patches or mods, and then buy it when the price drops a bit?

#177 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Watch Dogs will be better than GTA5 just like how Mafia 1 was so much better than GTA back thanSNIPER4321

in what way? Mafia 1 has better story, characters, shooting, Driving... everything plus its mature game unlike GTA 3/VC.

Now I know you are trolling if you actually believe that, considering Mafia only existed to ride the coattails of GTA and lacked any freedom or concept of "fun" whatsoever in it's creation.

Saying the driving, characters and story are better is just blatantly untrue and unintelligent, which isn't surprising given the source.

#178 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

SPYDER0416

in what way? Mafia 1 has better story, characters, shooting, Driving... everything plus its mature game unlike GTA 3/VC.

Now I know you are trolling if you actually believe that, considering Mafia only existed to ride the coattails of GTA and lacked any freedom or concept of "fun" whatsoever in it's creation.

Saying the driving, characters and story are better is just blatantly untrue and unintelligent, which isn't surprising given the source.

Damn right!

Mafia 1 was a solid game, but it's simply nowhere near GTA 3...

#180 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] in what way? Mafia 1 has better story, characters, shooting, Driving... everything plus its mature game unlike GTA 3/VC. SNIPER4321

Mafia is not suppose to be GTA clone. its story drive shooter. and are you saying GTA story and characters are better? GTA has no story. now look at Mafia story. and how it naratted. how former taxi driver turn into working with MOBS.

Too bad driving and combat are years behind GTA!

Sure, it has a great storyline, but that's hardly enough to overcome other elements which are dated. That said, I still liked it, but I'd take GTA games over it any day...

And GTA 3 does have an OK storyline, you'll know that if you actually played it...

#181 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] in what way? Mafia 1 has better story, characters, shooting, Driving... everything plus its mature game unlike GTA 3/VC. SNIPER4321

Mafia is not suppose to be GTA clone. its story drive shooter. and are you saying GTA story and characters are better? GTA has no story. now look at Mafia story. and how it naratted. how former taxi driver turn into working with MOBS.

Ok now I know you just haven't played it if you're saying that. Having played through Mafia and the GTA games, Mafia is easily behind GTA on the curve. The story is forced down your throat without any concept of freedom or fun, just a linear slog, just another simple cliched rise up the ranks tale that even GTA doesn't bother doing (instead opting for more creativity on the part of the characters and tales), lacking even the stellar writing and voice acting the GTA games have, it's just bland and unimaginitive.

As far as everything else, it's just objectively worse off. It offers less content, less production values, a smaller city with less to do, horrifically boring driving, incredibly wonky shooting, significantly more polish issues (including a nearly unbeatable race that had to be patched) and I'm surprised someone would be so thick and anti mainstream that they would call Mafia, a small scale GTA clone people don't talk about much, better then GTA, a series that redefined the last generation and is one of the biggest games of all time.

But at this point I don't know why I try taking SW trolls seriously, I know you are trolling and yet, I bother giving a serious response even when I know it will be ignored in favor of more verbal hipster diarrhea that still doesn't explain how Mafia is better just to get a response because of the outlandishness of such an idiotic thought.

#182 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I also want to add to any Mafia fans, I don't hate Mafia, but it is objectively worse then GTA. Subjectively you might like it more, but as far as gameplay, atmosphere, content, characters and mechanics, it's no contest. It's also just aged very poorly, but for the time it was a pretty serviceable game, it was a blatant GTA clone (more blatant then some of the other clones at that), but it wasn't terrible.

It is stupid to call it better then GTA III or Vice City though, and you would be stupid for saying it, and I have no problem saying that because it is the truth.

#184 Posted by MrJack3690 (2227 posts) -

The best comparison to San Andreas is Vice City, and I'll argue that Vice City wins that all day long.

DarkLink77

I'll argue that with you. :twisted:

What makes Vice City a better game than San Andreas? (besides the Setting and Soundtrack which seem to be the first reason everyone else gives) So I'd like to know what makes, in your opinion, Vice City a better game than San Andreas?

VC was the first GTA game I've played and in a way it is my favorite (but I believe that's nostalgia talking)...But overall I've put more time and I feel SA has more to offer through its whole experience.

#185 Posted by drinkerofjuice (4567 posts) -

What makes Vice City a better game than San Andreas? (besides the Setting and Soundtrack which seem to be the first reason everyone else gives) So I'd like to know what makes, in your opinion, Vice City a better game than San Andreas?

VC was the first GTA game I've played and in a way it is my favorite (but I believe that's nostalgia talking)...But overall I've put more time and I feel SA has more to offer through its whole experience.

MrJack3690

Having more to offer doesn't mean much when a lot of what the game provides comes with half baked execution. Vice City provides plenty to offer, and it doesn't come with any unneeded baggage. You can't say the same about San Andreas.

#186 Posted by MrJack3690 (2227 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrJack3690"]

drinkerofjuice

Having more to offer doesn't mean much when a lot of what the game provides comes with half baked execution. Vice City provides plenty to offer, and it doesn't come with any unneeded baggage. You can't say the same about San Andreas.

I agree with that, Quality > Quantity. And I never meant to imply that I thought VC didn't have plenty to offer. But yeah I agree cramming a bunch of stuff does not make a game good.

However, GTA San Andreas had Quality Content as well as more of it...The gunplay (while not great by todays standards) was much improved over VC, having a wider selection of vehicles was much improved.

Evertyhing VC had that SA also has but improved...San Andreas had a lot crammed in it that was "Half-assed" I'd agree with that, but the vast majority it has was either equal or greater quality than what VC had.

There were things that felt half assed like the small towns in the country side. Those, to me, felt like a copy-paste job that could have had more time spent making them meaningful. I loved the "RPG Elements" but they were lacking and felt "unfinished" but I don't feel these in any way hinder the experience of the game. The weapon skills were fun to level up, though some were just tedious and pointless, they could have been implemented better, but again they weren't hurting anything being in there.

#187 Posted by Ricardomz (2715 posts) -

2013 shall be a good year for gamers.

#188 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

**** Is leaking like crazy!

552234_540700041727_1506615729_n.jpg

552368_540700026757_373305569_n.jpg

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
#189 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] GTA4 was boring, GTA San Andreas was 10X more fun. i hope GTA5 is more like SA.

There was a lot more to do in San Andreas too

yes, it was better all round, more variety in the missions, more humour, better music.

No game could beat Vice City in terms of music ... "99 Red Balloons" :)
#190 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

I also want to add to any Mafia fans, I don't hate Mafia, but it is objectively worse then GTA. Subjectively you might like it more, but as far as gameplay, atmosphere, content, characters and mechanics, it's no contest. It's also just aged very poorly, but for the time it was a pretty serviceable game, it was a blatant GTA clone (more blatant then some of the other clones at that), but it wasn't terrible.

It is stupid to call it better then GTA III or Vice City though, and you would be stupid for saying it, and I have no problem saying that because it is the truth.

SPYDER0416

Now hold on. Mafia 1's gameplay overall (shooting, driving, walking, etc.) is pretty damn clunky and inferior to GTA, but storywise? Mafia 1 has a great story, and its ending is brilliant. It really created a wonderful '30s classic mob atmosphere. It at least has a much better story than any GTA game, ever made.

#191 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

I don't think it will be hard to wait for the PC version, so yeah I'll skip the console versions and go for the real stuff.

#192 Posted by pelvist (6651 posts) -

Ill wait for the superior PC version.

#193 Posted by pelvist (6651 posts) -

LOLNOPCRR360DD

LOL LITTLE TO NO 360 support next year when the next XBOX comes out.

#194 Posted by McStrongfast (4699 posts) -
Spring is a season, not a date. You suck.
#195 Posted by RR360DD (13656 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]LOLNOPCpelvist

LOLXBOXHASGTAVPCDOESNT
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
#196 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
[QUOTE="pelvist"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]LOLNOPCRR360DD

LOLXBOXHASGTAVPCDOESNT

they told you about GTA they didnt tell you about RROD :lol:
#197 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -
[QUOTE="pelvist"]

LOLXBOXHASGTAVPCDOESNT

Did you really fall for that blatant troll bait?
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#198 Posted by princeofshapeir (16593 posts) -
What's with the necro?
#199 Posted by RR360DD (13656 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="pelvist"]

clyde46
LOLXBOXHASGTAVPCDOESNT

Did you really fall for that blatant troll bait?

Yeah it just happens with hermit trolls. No stopping it
#200 Posted by pelvist (6651 posts) -

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

LOLXBOXHASGTAVPCDOESNT

Not yet it doesnt, And its likely the last good game youll get on 360 :D :D

LOL360GAMINGISDIEING