GTA is more a nuisance than a game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

The open world action adventure genre could be so good imo but it just isn't. I just finished GTA 5 and was more relieved it was over than anything. The final missions were incredibly tedious and more trial and error than anything dropping items, fighting your way through waves of enemies, switching characters etc.. GTA IV was kind of the same thing to me although GTA 5 was even more tedious. I couldn't help but thinking this is not fun as I was finishing the game because it wasn't.

The actual enjoyment of playing GTA 5 was somewhere between taking a dump and driving home from work in heavy traffic. Yet this game gets 9's and 10's.

Free Roam and open world great. The actual mission structure is terrible. I had more fun with Sleeping Dogs which was much more straightforward and had a mix of fighting and driving and even that wasn't that great.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

dont play it then.

Well that was easy! moving on....

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Celtic_34

It's already been done. Too late now.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

solid game and way better then 4.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Celtic_34: You can't have already done something in the future. It's not been done, and you have a choice not to do it.

It's like you went to a restaurant, ordered the whole buffet, sat down, ate the whole damn lot, then the next day complained you didn't like any of it. Why did you go to the trouble of finishing the game? Its massive. If you didn't like it, fine.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Celtic_34

I think I'm going to give AC4 a go again. I was enjoying that moreso. GTA's structure is just not that good to me. They lost something this gen imo. It's too bad because they have the best open worlds imo.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Celtic_34

I would guess I'm not the only idiot who bought the game and played it all the way through and didn't like it that much. The game sells billions. The hype kind of draws you in. I know mcdonalds is not the healthiest thing in the world either and I still eat it. Just one of those things I guess.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'm immune to hype ! :D

Plus Rockstar has become so predictable. GTA V was what I expeced it to be.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

solid game and way better then 4.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Great game and way better than GTA4. You have unrealistic expectations. Best sandbox game that is available atm

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I didn't think a game about sex and drugs could be so boring. 5/10

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

better than gta 4

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

The open world action adventure genre could be so good imo but it just isn't. I just finished GTA 5 and was more relieved it was over than anything. The final missions were incredibly tedious and more trial and error than anything dropping items, fighting your way through waves of enemies, switching characters etc.. GTA IV was kind of the same thing to me although GTA 5 was even more tedious. I couldn't help but thinking this is not fun as I was finishing the game because it wasn't.

The actual enjoyment of playing GTA 5 was somewhere between taking a dump and driving home from work in heavy traffic. Yet this game gets 9's and 10's.

Free Roam and open world great. The actual mission structure is terrible. I had more fun with Sleeping Dogs which was much more straightforward and had a mix of fighting and driving and even that wasn't that great.

GTA's story is one part of the experience, the other is the fun you create yourself in the world with all of the tools in it.

Before GTAV dropped i still went back to GTA:SA just because there was so much to do in the world, its taken a backseat to 5 now but its still the same point.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I agree that GTA5 is shamelessly overrated. But it was fun enough to keep me playing the whole week before GTAO launched. If it weren't for the incredibly shaky launch of the online game, I'd never have bothered to finish it.

@DocSanchez: It's hardly 'massive,' considering it's barely the length a previous GTA required just to open up the second area of the map.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

GTA 5 good looking but not as good as GTA: San Andreas thats all i have on that

MY points are the activities they give you in GTA5 have absolutely nothing to do with being a bank robber or anything and the whole lack of actually robbing banks is crazy, the stupid stock exchange where you should of made money with lester was never explained propular in the game, and i mean come on golf tennis yoga and triathlons i mean what the hell is this, lol it should of had robbing houses, drug dealing/runs robbing shops, robbing banks, being able to actually buy houses and build your way up. just wasn't the game i wanted, an open world which you didn't have to do much in it or any activities outside of the main story missions