GTA Definitive vs Sonic Colors Ultimate - which had it worse?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

Poll GTA Definitive vs Sonic Colors Ultimate - which had it worse? (32 votes)

GTA Definitive (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX Series, Switch) 97%
Sonic Colors Ultimate (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX Series, Switch) 3%

This year saw the release of TWO of the worst "remasters". One from Rockstar, the other from SEGA. One based on a PS2/XBOX game, the other a Wii game.

But which had it worse?

• 
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

Rockstar didn't just release a shit remaster, they attacked the community that supported them and hobbled purchase options.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Huh. First time hearing about Sonic Colors having serious issues.

So GTA wins for me, just because it continues to be an entertaining dumpster fire. Apparently they even contain an unfinished VR mode:

Everything, starting with merely attempting to port three big open world games from RenderWare to Unreal Engine 4, points to a classic tale of hubris and over-ambition.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

GTA by a long shot. Even if Colors would have been a bigger technical mess (I don't believe it was) GTA would still take the cake here just because of how HUGE the franchise is and how much people would want an actual well done remaster of those three iconic games over a remaster of just an ok Sonic game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Just a reminder for a our fellow cultists, the worst version of both games is on the Switch, and its much worse on that system. Don't rage at me, i just wanted to remind you that you got the bottom of the barrel of an already bad game.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Grove Street Games made it, it is a port from the mobile versions.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

GTA. No one gives a shit about Sonic Colors.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I’ll go with GTA here.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Just a reminder for a our fellow cultists, the worst version of both games is on the Switch, and its much worse on that system. Don't rage at me, i just wanted to remind you that you got the bottom of the barrel of an already bad game.

You're essentially boasting "my s*** stinks less." Just saying.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Sonic Colors? What went wrong with it? This is the first time I'm hearing about Sonic Colors Ultimate having problems and I did bought it on EGS but have yet to play it. Like @uninspiredcup said, Rockstars just flat-out murdering mod communities who can do a better job making the game look good and so Rockstars got super jealous and try to do it themselves but really backfired on their greedy asses. GTA Remastered wins this.

Again, what went wrong with Sonic Colors Ultimate?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

The poll needs a Switch only version cause man, who dumb enough to gamble and buy games on that shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@sakaixx said:

The poll needs a Switch only version cause man, who dumb enough to gamble and buy games on that shit.

So it was the Switch version Sonic Colors Ultimate suffer?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter

@nintendoboy16: And yet he's not lying...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Th at guys headphone jack/headphones must be messing up. I’ve never heard of the mixing issue with Sonic Colors. And as far as it being a bad port, I thought that was just the Switch port…

Its beyond a stretch to compare ANYTHING to GTA

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:
@hardwenzen said:

You're essentially boasting "my s*** stinks less." Just saying.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Stinking less is better than stinking more, way more.

As a reminder, we're not talking about stinking a bit more... oh no. We're talking about a massive thick stain with flies all over it, dude. So lets not pretend that the difference is tiny.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

GTA by default just because no one gives a shit about Sonic.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16

@madrocketeer: @davillain-: Here's a serious issue. Pre-patch.

@sakaixx said:

Except both games have their own problems on other platforms too.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendoboy16

@vfighter: Doesn't make it less stupid. Or for that matter, irrelevant.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sakaiXx
@davillain- said:
@sakaixx said:

All version have issues but particularly the switch edition have the most issues and most of the glitches that you may read about comes from that version.

@nintendoboy16 said:

@sakaixx said:

While all version is shit, its playable on other versions while the Switch ver of games is pretty dire.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

GTA

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Rockstar constantly harassed modders then claims victim when the community doesn't like their sorry excuse for a remaster.

What a shit company.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator

@sakaixx said:
@davillain- said:
@sakaixx said:

All version have issues but particularly the switch edition have the most issues and most of the glitches that you may read about comes from that version.

@nintendoboy16 said:

@sakaixx said:

While all version is shit, its playable on other versions while the Switch ver of games is pretty dire.

Yeah, that's a bad remastered for the Switch alright. GTA Remastered was just a sham of a game and Rockstars did everyone dirty. Sonic Colors Ultimate on the other hand wasn't getting the media slack since that game is playable but Switch.

@vfighter said:

@nintendoboy16: And yet he's not lying...

While I don't always agree with hardwenzen, I can say that the Switch only purpose is to play Nintendo exclusives while playing 3rd-party games can be play somewhere else. Look, I love the Switch but I can admit the hardware is starting to showing its age.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx: "All version is shit!" That's my point. In this case, I don't care about which individual version of said game is worse. I care what overall RELEASE was worse, considering neither remaster were good.

Also, nice deflection using an argument casual gamers, even sheep use and get massacred for. Like pitting Archers against a Tank in a game of Civ.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

At least Rockstar can blame a dev who did the mobile version to do three games on a slew of platforms; what's Sega's excuse?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#25 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@nintendoboy16:

Sonic Colors actually works on all platforms. I have the Switch version (the alleged buggy mess, according to various uninformed people) and it's a thousand times better than GTA Trilogy Remaster.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I'd say the expectation from Rockstar hits far worse than Sega. It's been a running joke for years among gamers that Sonic games are generally garbage and clearly marketed toward a younger, more accepting audience.

Rockstar actually had a pedigree of quality. They went from releasing a game and going into how much detail they put into horse testicles and how they animate it taking a shit, to releasing a game that looks like a testicle and runs like shit.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sakaiXx

@nintendoboy16: that is indeed the thread. What I am suggesting is simply the thread needs a specific Switch version on the poll cause it have far too many problems unlike the other versions which have certain hot fixes and generally far more stable. Please dont group Switch version together.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VFighter

@nintendoboy16: Yeah but the switch version is not just worse, but it's a SHIT ton worse, that's what you don't seem to grasp here.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nintendoboy16
@vfighter said:

@nintendoboy16: Yeah but the switch version is not just worse, but it's a SHIT ton worse, that's what you don't seem to grasp here.

It's panned. Across. The f***ing. Board. My thread asks which was the worst overall release.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16
@sakaixx said:

@nintendoboy16: that is indeed the thread. What I am suggesting is simply the thread needs a specific Switch version on the poll cause it have far too many problems unlike the other versions which have certain hot fixes and generally far more stable. Please dont group Switch version together.

By "suggestion", you mean "let me damage control the versions on MY platform because screw Nintendo, screw the Switch, and screw the sheep!" You're not fooling me, dude!

At least I acknowledge the Switch versions of both suck.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VFighter

@nintendoboy16: Like unplayable bad, the others are at least playable. It's amazing actually at how bad it really is.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nintendoboy16

@vfighter said:

@nintendoboy16: Like unplayable bad, the others are at least playable. It's amazing actually at how bad it really is.

Oh look, a defense casual gamers and rival fan factions. Now being "at least playable" is a suitable argument?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I think the main takeaway from this is how Take-Two treats the fans and communities that develop around the games they own.

Fuucking abysmal.

The quality of the GTA Trilogy is neither relevant, nor surprising.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

Bobby Kotick should leave EA and join Take Two. Perfect fit.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sakaiXx
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:

By "suggestion", you mean "let me damage control the versions on MY platform because screw Nintendo, screw the Switch, and screw the sheep!" You're not fooling me, dude!

The games is equally terrible on PC, Xbox and PS. But on Switch its almost unplayable.

MegaNorm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MegaNorm64
Member since 2020 • 48 Posts

The fact that GTA is a PS2 game is what really makes the remaster a tragedy. Sonic Colors doesn't have much of an excuse either but, at least Sonic Colors, at least to my knowledge, only had a rough launch on the Nintendo Switch while the other ports seemed to have run the way they were supposed to. GTA on the other hand is a mess no matter where you play it. Rockstar is even removing the remasters from PC and offering the older games in return and for free for everyone who bought the GTA Trilogy, which is a huge rip because you can get those games for dirt cheap so, I really hope Rockstar aren't offering the older games for the full $60 that they charged for the remasters. They better at least be offering a "free" update to download for the remasters when or if they fix the games at all.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The games is equally terrible on PC, Xbox and PS. But on Switch its almost unplayable.

That's still why I mentioned ALL versions of BOTH games! "But differing degrees..." spare me. I know what I said, the biggest point is that they suck across the board and one system having the worst of it is irrelevant in this case.

Holy! Living! HELL!

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

age of empire 4.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sakaiXx

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

That's still why I mentioned ALL versions of BOTH games! "But differing degrees..." spare me. I know what I said, the biggest point is that they suck across the board and one system having the worst of it is irrelevant in this case.

Holy! Living! HELL!

and I suggested a specific Switch version on the poll due to how different the situation the games is in compared to others. The Switch versions had it worse than all other version combined it warrant its own entry.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Holy! Living! HELL!

and I suggested a specific Switch version on the poll due to how different the situation the games is in compared to others. The Switch versions had it worse than all other version combined it warrant its own entry.

It really doesn't. And I'm not speaking this anymore with you.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VFighter

@nintendoboy16: Sorry the reality of this bothers you this much. Knowing the PS2 version is superior to the switch version probably isn't an easy pill to swallow.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nintendoboy16
@vfighter said:

@nintendoboy16: Sorry the reality of this bothers you this much. Knowing the PS2 version is superior to the switch version probably isn't an easy pill to swallow.

No, the reality is ALL versions of the remaster suck. Switch included. And even the so called "more playable versions". I have not been kind to that like you think I am. I'm not bothered by that much as I am bothered by unneeded mental gymnastics you lot want me to bring up.

Forget it! I'm done discussing this with you as well.