gt5 vs forza 3 car model vs environment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 virtuas
Member since 2007 • 1312 Posts

what is more important (graphic wise) to you when i comes to racing sims, better looking car models or better looking the environment?

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

They both have to be good to a degree... enviroments are probably more important overall though.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
Better looking environments. I don't want to race in a plain old PS2 textured race track, then have an awesome car model racing in it lol. Which GT5 trial challenge completely proves that theory haha. Absolutely dirt map & awesome car LOL.
rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rwbojorquez
Member since 2003 • 1031 Posts

How about coming out on retail? To answer your question environment then car detail.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10647 Posts

Better looking environments. I don't want to race in a plain old PS2 textured race track, then have an awesome car model racing in it lol. Which GT5 trial challenge completely proves that theory haha. Absolutely dirt map & awesome car LOL.CleanNJerk
yeah because we pay close attention to the enviorments when driving at around 150 MPH:lol:. car Models are "logically" the most important thing between the 2 because you're going to be paying much more attention to the car models in a actual race than you would the enviorment

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Environments, especially if you're driving in cockpit view. I mean, you don't drive in third person (especially not with GT's godawful third person camera) and spin the camera around admiring the car as you do 140mph.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Both are equally important. But honestly, the handling of the cars are more important than their looks.
Avatar image for i_am_interested
i_am_interested

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 i_am_interested
Member since 2009 • 1077 Posts

Better looking environments. I don't want to race in a plain old PS2 textured race track, then have an awesome car model racing in it lol. Which GT5 trial challenge completely proves that theory haha. Absolutely dirt map & awesome car LOL.CleanNJerk

the notion of which has better environments is very opinionated and therefore bogus

just goes to show you that turn 10 does rush jobs on their cars cause theyre not the forefront

why doesnt the veyron have active aero in forza 3? maybe its because they think gamers wont notice the importance of authenticity

when i look at the cars, i can tell which one is more authentic, one replicates the real life functions of the veyron and one doesnt

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
i used to love GT games but i have Forza 3 and man that game is great, it has pretty good graphics environmental and on the car.. GT5 has better looking cars i think though but heck would i know till it comes out and i play it. if i have money by that time at least :/
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

Better looking enviroments which gt5 also has. So this thread is kind of pointless.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Physics and Handling,both games are pretty much on par with each other in the graphics department.
Avatar image for LegendofYaslint
LegendofYaslint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#12 LegendofYaslint
Member since 2004 • 2798 Posts

Better looking enviroments which gt5 also has. So this thread is kind of pointless.

nhh18

Based on all the gameplay vids I have seen, the newest demo, and prlouge, I'd say anyone who is NOT a fanboy could see Forza 3 has more detailed and better looking environments. GT5 will have amazing car models, but Forza 3's tracks just look amazing at times.

But I'm sure GT will have some great looking fantasy tracks as well. In the end they are both gonna be great games and all these childish graphics wars threads about these two games has become insanely boring don't you guys think?

I bothers me how seldom I see people argue about which will have better gameplay...

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
i dont think the graphics matter as much as the gameplay....i hope Polyphony comes threw and delivers the best Racing sim this gen....
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="LegendofYaslint"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

nhh18

Based on all the gameplay vids I have seen, the newest demo, and prlouge, I'd say anyone who is NOT a fanboy could see Forza 3 has more detailed and better looking environments. GT5 will have amazing car models, but Forza 3's tracks just look amazing at times.

But I'm sure GT will have some great looking fantasy tracks as well. In the end they are both gonna be great games and all these childish graphics wars threads about these two games has become insanely boring don't you guys think?

I bothers me how seldom I see people argue about which will have better gameplay...

Just see the new ones and compare it to forza 3. You would be shocked to say how blind some lemmings are

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ces-10-gran-turismo/60631

This is the horrible gran turismo 5 track looks like. PS2 quality.

i honestly wish they would change the contrast ratio....its been a big issue with me since GT3...
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 virtuas
Member since 2007 • 1312 Posts
why
Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts

[QUOTE="LegendofYaslint"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

nhh18

Just see the new ones and compare it to forza 3. You would be shocked to say how blind some lemmings are

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ces-10-gran-turismo/60631

This is the horrible gran turismo 5 track looks like. PS2 quality.

That looks pretty nice. I watched a video of the recent demo and it didn't look so good. This video makes me feel better :).