Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:

Bethesda doing their best to destroy id's legacy.

id still have legacy in the shape of Doom and Doom Eternal.

the only bethesda game where id has 100% hand on it.

yea so 1/3rd of what they used to have?

I remember when they could make more than one game/title.

Post Bethesda buyout id is a joke.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

@dxmcat said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:

Bethesda doing their best to destroy id's legacy.

id still have legacy in the shape of Doom and Doom Eternal.

the only bethesda game where id has 100% hand on it.

yea so 1/3rd of what they used to have?

I remember when they could make more than one game/title.

Post Bethesda buyout id is a joke.

id software are best FPS developer today.

they made one masterpeice. now making another. wolfenstein has never been id series.

watch out when Doom Eternal will become best game of the year.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

I miss when Wolfenstein was just about B.J. Blazkowicz killing Nazis, Mutants, Demons, and Zombies on his own without bad characters around him. Just fun gameplay and no pointless long stories.

Wolfenstein 3D is still a classic to this day and Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the best game in the series. Hell I'm starting to respect Wolfenstein 2009 from Raven Software more these days compared to the current Wolfenstein games from Machine Games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

The older game is outselling the newer one, which is already about to be off the top 10 seller list..

This is a poor game as well, so people should definitely feel bad about themselves for supporting movie-game mediocrity.

If anything it's a sign of declining interest. Which, we can only hope means everyone involves is fired and the series gets rebooted to make Wolfenstein great again.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

If anything it's a sign of declining interest. Which, we can only hope, means everyone involves is fired and the series gets rebooted to make Wolfenstein great again.

make wolfenstein great again?

give it to id software and let them reboot it into alternate reality WW2 with nazi, nazi zombies and some super natural elements with so many castle wolfenstien.

they are only one who can do justice and made it non cinematic as they can.

the next wolfenstien game by machinegames will be full fledge RPG.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts
@AcidTango said:

I miss when Wolfenstein was just about B.J. Blazkowicz killing Nazis, Mutants, Demons, and Zombies on his own without bad characters around him. Just fun gameplay and no pointless long stories.

Wolfenstein 3D is still a classic to this day and Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the best game in the series. Hell I'm starting to respect Wolfenstein 2009 from Raven Software more these days compared to the current Wolfenstein games from Machine Games.

David Szymanski (Dusk), would be perfect for the reboot. This is a person who understands and loves old-school shooters.

MachineGames just whores the name to the point it's unrecognisable, it's like seeing a person once loved succumb to years of meth abuse, there teeth rotted, skin full of pus while their pimp angrily orders them back to deprive whatever dignity (however little) is gone.

They should feel deeply ashamed for what they have done to this franchise and absolutely should not be allowed anywhere near, under any circumstances, within a 10 mile radius of Quake.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

David Szymanski (Dusk), would be perfect for the reboot. This is a person who understands and loves old-school shooters.

MachineGames just whores the name to the point it's unrecognisable, it's like seeing a person once loved succumb to years of Meth abuse, there teeth rotted, skin full of pus while their pink angrily orders them back to deprive whatever dignity (however little) is deprived.

They should feel deeply ashamed for what they have done to this franchise and absolutely should not be allowed anywhere near, under any circumstances, within a 10 mile radius of Quake.

They were excellent when they made a masterpeice Riddick EFBB.

now they have fallen so hard that i dont even want them anywhere near riddick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Youngblood > Doom 2016

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

MachineGames just whores the name to the point it's unrecognisable, it's like seeing a person once loved succumb to years of meth abuse, there teeth rotted, skin full of pus while their pimp angrily orders them back to deprive whatever dignity (however little) is gone.

I think that David would do very well with Quake instead. A proper Quake game with a good singleplayer would be amazing again.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@carljohnsoncj said:

Youngblood > Doom 2016

Rather play some Ion Fury over all these shitty modern FPS.

Still rather play nuDoom over this garb though, if it came down to it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ghosts4ever

@bussinrounds said:
@carljohnsoncj said:

Youngblood > Doom 2016

Rather play some Ion Fury over all these shitty modern FPS.

Still rather play nuDoom over this garb though, if it came down to it.

as much as I disliked modern shooters. Doom is excellent mix of old school and modern and beside Doom Eternal no longer have painkiller/serious sam like arena lockdown so its more of plus.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 498 Posts

I'm not really a fan of Destiny 2 or The Division 2, and if this is what they've turned Wolfenstein into, I'll definitely won't be buying the new game.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7210 Posts

They have taken the series away from what's made it the series it was. I'm disappointed in the destiny type model they have gone with. Definitely not picking this up.