GRID (2019) or Need For Speed Heat? Which coming up racing game that you're more interested in?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) 28 days, 17 hours ago

Poll: GRID (2019) or Need For Speed Heat? Which coming up racing game that you're more interested in? (18 votes)

GRID (2019) 56%
Need For Speed Heat 44%

Hello there racing fans! Gamescom 2019 has recently finished!

So which coming up arcade style racing game in between GRID (2019) and Need For Speed Heat that you're more interested in to look forward and play by fall 2019?

GRID (2019)

  • Developer: Codemasters
  • Publisher: Codemasters
  • Sub-Genre: Arcade style racer
  • Platforms: Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC, Google Stadia
  • Release Date: October 11th 2019

Need For Speed Heat

  • Developer: Ghost Games
  • Publisher: EA
  • Sub-Genre: Arcade street racing
  • Platforms: Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC
  • Release Date: November 8th 2019
Avatar image for sakaixx
#1 Posted by sakaiXx (6077 posts) -

Codemaster is one of the best developer of the racing genre so I will vote for Grid.

For NFS if EA and devs somehow makes the game free of mtx and scrap payback progression system, I might buy it at discount.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#2 Posted by Ant_17 (12904 posts) -

NFS Heat

@sakaixx said:

Codemaster is one of the best developer of the racing genre so I will vote for Grid.

For NFS if EA and devs somehow makes the game free of mtx and scrap payback progression system, I might buy it at discount.

They said no lootboxes, not sure if it's permament or not, and the card system is gone.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#3 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

Codemaster is one of the best developer of the racing genre so I will vote for Grid.

For NFS if EA and devs somehow makes the game free of mtx and scrap payback progression system, I might buy it at discount.

Same!

Just like in 10 years ago that I prefer GRID (2008) over NFS ProStreet, Undercover and Shift.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#4 Posted by AJStyles (1091 posts) -

NFS hasn’t been relevant since the PS2.

Grid was never good lol

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#5 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

NFS hasn’t been relevant since the PS2.

Grid was never good lol

You hate arcade racers don't you? but yet how come you love Crash Team Racing? lolz

Avatar image for Telekill
#6 Posted by Telekill (8594 posts) -

Wreckfest

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#7 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

Tough choice. I love this kind of arcade racing more than kart racers and more realistic racers.

GRID looks really interesting, but I feel Codemaster is playing it really safe, it looks like a remake to be honest.

NFS Heat has a very interesting setting, but my only fear is that the lighting (purple, blue&red flashes) might get annoying.

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
#8 Edited by sleepnsurf (3224 posts) -

Blur, so I can shunt the sheot out of you.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#9 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -

Neither. I'd rather have a Rush 2049 remake.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#10 Posted by AJStyles (1091 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: I LOVED PS2 Arcade racers like Burnout 3, NFS, Outrun, Ridgeracer and Midnight Club.

Arcade racers after that kinda sucked. Ridge Racer 7 was okay on PS3. Midnight club died. NFS sucked for many years.

The only arcade racer I enjoy now is Forza Motorsport and FM Horizon.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#11 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13703 posts) -

Grid because EA.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#12 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

If I had a gun to my head I'd say Grid, but Grid is average much like it's developer. The only good franchise they have left is Dirt.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#13 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

@mclarenmaster18: I LOVED PS2 Arcade racers like Burnout 3, NFS, Outrun, Ridgeracer and Midnight Club.

Arcade racers after that kinda sucked. Ridge Racer 7 was okay on PS3. Midnight club died. NFS sucked for many years.

The only arcade racer I enjoy now is Forza Motorsport and FM Horizon.

Forza Motorsport is more of a simcade and same class as Gran Turismo.

Well both of their gameplay ain't as realistic as Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, DiRT Rally, GTR, rFactor and Formula 1 (Codemasters).

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#14 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

If I had a gun to my head I'd say Grid, but Grid is average much like it's developer. The only good franchise they have left is Dirt.

Because feels more arcade than sim racing right?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#15 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Neither. I'd rather have a Rush 2049 remake.

Well Rush series died after 2005.

The last game was Rush L.A for Original Xbox, PS2, PSP and PC. This game was criticised as the gameplay felt more like Midtown Madness/Midnight Club rip off rather than first 3 Rush games.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#16 Posted by getyeryayasout (12532 posts) -

If I had to choose I'd go with Grid, if for no reason other than its not from EA.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#17 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:

If I had a gun to my head I'd say Grid, but Grid is average much like it's developer. The only good franchise they have left is Dirt.

Because feels more arcade than sim racing right?

No, sim or arcade doesn't matter to me, I just haven't really got into Grid even though I've played and finished them all.

Avatar image for TJDMHEM
#18 Posted by TJDMHEM (2164 posts) -

I don't know yet.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#19 Posted by AJStyles (1091 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: Forza is simcade.

GT is sim.

The rest you listed are trash compared to GT. GT is the most realistic.

Avatar image for PSP107
#20 Posted by PSP107 (17524 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: " You hate arcade racers don't you? but yet how come you love Crash Team Racing? lolz "

To be fair, CTR(PS1) is a classic.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#21 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

@mclarenmaster18: Forza is simcade.

GT is sim.

The rest you listed are trash compared to GT. GT is the most realistic.

So how am I going against GT series? I'd never said GT and Forza's gameplay are bad.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#22 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@PSP107 said:

@mclarenmaster18: " You hate arcade racers don't you? but yet how come you love Crash Team Racing? lolz "

To be fair, CTR(PS1) is a classic.

Do I even care if CTR is classic? for me I never liked Crash Team Racing series because I'm not really into kart racers in general but I have nothing against Mario Kart though.

That's why I boycotted CTR Nitro Fueled so I'd rather play DiRT Rally 2.0 instead.

I also doubt kart racers will get overshadowed by sim racing and street racing when it comes to Xbox Scarlett/PS5/PC's library of racing games.

Avatar image for Litchie
#23 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

I've cared about NFS in the past. Not interested in Grid. So NFS, I guess. But it hasn't been good since 2005.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#24 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@Litchie said:

I've cared about NFS in the past. Not interested in Grid. So NFS, I guess. But it hasn't been good since 2005.

I've heard the Need For Speed franchise in this gen has received several complaints from the community for following reasons are:

  • Not ability to pause in-game until in NFS Payback.
  • Internet connection required in NFS 2015, plus unable to make new profile especially if they made wrong decision on purchasing cars, parts, etc.
  • Cheesy story plot.
  • Driving physics feels more like Burnout rather than traditional Need For Speed games.
  • Poor multiplayer.
  • Lacking of Toyotas since NFS Payback (Licensing issues).
  • Overpriced paid DLCs.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#25 Posted by robert_sparkes (3314 posts) -

I'm looking at need for speed as I enjoy street racing games but I worry about the handling. The gameplay looks floaty from what I've seen.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#26 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1713 posts) -
@robert_sparkes said:

I'm looking at need for speed as I enjoy street racing games but I worry about the handling. The gameplay looks floaty from what I've seen.

Hopefully it will be better than Need For Speed Payback.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#27 Posted by robert_sparkes (3314 posts) -

The last I enjoyed was most wanted I don't enjoy the story driven way they have gone.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#28 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@PSP107: CTR a classic? LMFAO thanks for the laugh :)

Avatar image for PSP107
#29 Posted by PSP107 (17524 posts) -

@i_p_daily: " CTR a classic? LMFAO thanks for the laugh"

It's not?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#30 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

I love the slick UI design in NFS: Heat. There are just small numbers on top of cars, and you get a name when you get close.

GRID just has gigantic names on top of cars, and that clutters the screen. (You need to keep your eye on the road). Of course I expect the UI to be adjustable.