green day rock band australian price..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jackdaniel594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jackdaniel594
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

hi all, ive been massively looking forward to GD:RB, and a recent listing for the game on the Big W website caught my eye.. its launch price was just $46AUD. while any americans or europeans reading this will not see why this is so strange, but any aussies will nkow, that launch prices here are, at a minimum, around $80, usually $90-$100 for rock band games... plus, ive noticed other games in the rock band library dropping to the same price, so have harmonix began to drop their prices? im happy, cuz ill get the game for cheao, but its just strange..

PS, i know many people will use the reason 'green day sucks and they know it' or some crap for the drop, and nobody cares about that, im just trying to ask a serious question, not hear about how your fave band wasnt picked over green day, so if u didnt point that out, id appreciate it

thank you

akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts

hi all, ive been massively looking forward to GD:RB, and a recent listing for the game on the Big W website caught my eye.. its launch price was just $46AUD. while any americans or europeans reading this will not see why this is so strange, but any aussies will nkow, that launch prices here are, at a minimum, around $80, usually $90-$100 for rock band games... plus, ive noticed other games in the rock band library dropping to the same price, so have harmonix began to drop their prices? im happy, cuz ill get the game for cheao, but its just strange..

PS, i know many people will use the reason 'green day sucks and they know it' or some crap for the drop, and nobody cares about that, im just trying to ask a serious question, not hear about how your fave band wasnt picked over green day, so if u didnt point that out, id appreciate it

thank you

jackdaniel594

Green Day does suck.

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts

[QUOTE="jackdaniel594"]

thank you

akbar13

Green Day does suck.

agreed

i don't see how a game composed of mainly green day songs will be chalenging in any way

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
It's cheap because it's just Green Day. They're ok I guess but I don't want an RB game with just Green Day.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hmmm, that IS interresting, Ill ignore peoples comments about greenday, Maybe Harmonix were listening to the critiques about the music games and dropped the overall prive on them? It would be fairly logical, and surely welcome... The genre pretty much died off due to milkage, so lowering the price for installments, would seem logical to me...

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

GH or RB; KoRn is the ONLY GH or RB game i'll ever buy again if it happens

never will, but hey...a guy can dream, right?

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts

Hmmm, that IS interresting, Ill ignore peoples comments about greenday, Maybe Harmonix were listening to the critiques about the music games and dropped the overall prive on them? It would be fairly logical, and surely welcome... The genre pretty much died off due to milkage, so lowering the price for installments, would seem logical to me...

Maddie_Larkin
yeha that does seem like a valid reason, or maybe harmonix realized how badly they've been screwing over the aussies with their previous rock bands
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Why waste time on a green day game when they can make it all DLC :? Green day isnt nearly as big as the Beatles so I dont see a point to them having they're own game.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="akbar13"]

[QUOTE="jackdaniel594"]

thank you

Richymisiak

Green Day does suck.

agreed

i don't see how a game composed of mainly green day songs will be chalenging in any way

Eh...Longview? such a brilliant bass line.People moaning about it being not challenging or just dissing are just difficulty obsessed.When i play a game like this i prefer having music i enjoy.Tbh im really looking forward to it even tho im peeved they didnt include a lot of songs from other albums mainly insomniac and nimrod instead theres a craze where its pretty much International superhits but RB version xD.

Tbh i personally would love a Rock band:NFG or Offspring but a man can dream.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

To be honest, I see a lot of trouble justifying single band games unless it's the Beatles or the Rolling Stones. Even The Who and Led Zeppelin would be stretching it.

But Green Day?

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 razgriz_101

Why waste time on a green day game when they can make it all DLC :? Green day isnt nearly as big as the Beatles so I dont see a point to them having they're own game.Sp4rtan_3

lol your saying one of the biggest bands around right now arent nearly as big? the same could be said for the likes of Metallica.The point is big names will sell and Green day is one of them.You can sell it to the fans like me or the misinformed kids who think american idiot and 21cb are green day gospel even tho the weakest of their albums imho.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Why waste time on a green day game when they can make it all DLC :? Green day isnt nearly as big as the Beatles so I dont see a point to them having they're own game.razgriz_101

lol your saying one of the biggest bands around right now arent nearly as big? the same could be said for the likes of Metallica.The point is big names will sell and Green day is one of them.You can sell it to the fans like me or the misinformed kids who think american idiot and 21cb are green day gospel even tho the weakest of their albums imho.

American Idiot is not even close to their weakest album.. :lol:
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Why waste time on a green day game when they can make it all DLC :? Green day isnt nearly as big as the Beatles so I dont see a point to them having they're own game.C-Lee

Personally i think it is but im staunch old skool green day end of.I was dissapointed with the lack of Nimrod on the tracklists for this game.American idiots an ok album its got memorable songs but its just nothing compared to any of the first 4 GD albums (with kerplunk be sorely underrated in so many ways its always overshadowed by dookie).

The feel of American idiot is still green day esque but when i listen to GD i dont want 9min rock epics i want short fast ear drum bursting tenacity found on the likes of Insomniac.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts

[QUOTE="C-Lee"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

Personally i think it is but im staunch old skool green day end of.I was dissapointed with the lack of Nimrod on the tracklists for this game.American idiots an ok album its got memorable songs but its just nothing compared to any of the first 4 GD albums (with kerplunk be sorely underrated in so many ways its always overshadowed by dookie).

The feel of American idiot is still green day esque but when i listen to GD i dont want 9min rock epics i want short fast ear drum bursting tenacity found on the likes of Insomniac.

Oh, I completely agree about the soundtrack of this game. It's HORRIBLE. Honestly, why not just put all of the songs on the disc.... Green Day just kept evolving with American Idiot... Sometimes bands just have to keep moving forward, and Green Day do that with every album..
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="C-Lee"] American Idiot is not even close to their weakest album.. :lol:C-Lee

Oh, I completely agree about the soundtrack of this game. It's HORRIBLE. Honestly, why not just put all of the songs on the disc.... Green Day just kept evolving with American Idiot... Sometimes bands just have to keep moving forward, and Green Day do that with every album..

true xD but its when you absorb Nimrod and then listen to American Idiot its just so underwhelming imo cause Nimrod is a bit of everything in the way you have your really bouncy ska (King for a day which should have been on there regardless of how easy the guitars/bass would be) and your more hardcore stuff like Platypus(i hate you) its like the mixed bag of GD.

Insomniac sometimes is like the red headed step brother of Dookie but has more balls and grit at some points making it the most under appreaciated along with Kerplunk and 39/smooth xD.