Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frankie0006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 frankie0006
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
i know it may be a little difficult to compare both because Gran Turismo 5 isnt out.... but in concept what series is better?? Gran Turismo or Forza? and WHY?
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Probably Forza because it has pretty decent AI, some form of damage modeling and supports online play. GT games sure do look pretty though.
Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
GT easily. forza is such a lame, souless, sterile game. i could never get into it, i think GT is much more comprehensive and polished, and i just prefer the way it progresses, the tracks, the feel, the attention to detail etc etc. maybe its just nostalgia though...
Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts
GT IMO
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PikaPichu

GT easily. forza is such a lame, souless, sterile game. i could never get into it, i think GT is much more comprehensive and polished, and i just prefer the way it progresses, the tracks, the feel, the attention to detail etc etc. maybe its just nostalgia though...---OkeyDokey---

I feel the same way. If you go to a small-time track event like RevItUp or attend autocross, the atmosphere and environment feels more like Forza than GT. Kind of sterile.

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]GT easily. forza is such a lame, souless, sterile game. i could never get into it, i think GT is much more comprehensive and polished, and i just prefer the way it progresses, the tracks, the feel, the attention to detail etc etc. maybe its just nostalgia though...PikaPichu

I feel the same way. If you go to a small-time track event like RevItUp or attend autocross, the atmosphere and environment feels more like Forza than GT. Kind of sterile.

I agree. Forza lacks soul.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
GT always had better presentation, which I think is pretty important especially for a racing game, a game that's not very into major dynamic gameplay. The Presentation and graphics make for a better experience while playing the game. Sure damage is nice, but it's not a huge advancement.
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts
Probably Forza because it has pretty decent AI, some form of damage modeling and supports online play. GT games sure do look pretty though. PikaPichu
Exactly
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
That is completely subjective. So much so that its not even worth asking here. Just look at the graphics, gameplay, AI, car/track list, content, MP and online and decide for yourself.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
stop making new threads about crap. We already had an discussion this GT>PGR+Forza.
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
I haven't seen this type of thread in some time, but I like both equally.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PikaPichu

I haven't seen this type of thread in some time, but I like both equally.zsc4

I originally bought Forza to tide me over until GT came out but now it's kind of grown on me. *shudders

I guess I'll have to say that I kind of like them equally now too. I think the car models in Forza look bad compared to GT because they have to assign extra resources to the damage modeling.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I enjoy GT more, but to be fair, I've only played the demo for Forza 2...not the whole game.
nextgenCurious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nextgenCurious
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

GT is the best racing simulator period

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7
deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5cc4321d1eaf7
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts

stop making new threads about crap. We already had an discussion this GT>PGR+Forza. ff7isnumbaone

PRG is total crap. don't know why lemmings dig it, prob its becoz gt ain on 360

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
GT...
Avatar image for FF-resevil-halo
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FF-resevil-halo
Member since 2006 • 1380 Posts
in this order for me mario kart GT PGR then way over here forza
Avatar image for FF-resevil-halo
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FF-resevil-halo
Member since 2006 • 1380 Posts
lol ino mario kart does not fit the convo but its so fun :)
paksiwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 paksiwin
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
ooooohhhh, MARIO KARTwii!!!
batistafan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 batistafan99
Member since 2006 • 2592 Posts
I tried to get into Forza, but I couldn't. The game just isn't as polished and immersive as GT. I guess since Polyphony focuses more on graphics, and MGS focuses more on physics and damage modeling.
-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts

umm....

GT Series:

- **** load of CARS

- **** load of TRACKS

- BEST GRAPHICS
- BEST GAMEPLAY...IMO

- more cars on track ( 16>8)

FORZA series:

-Better customization

-better online (GT5 isin't out yet...so as of right now Forza>GT in online)

-Better AI

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]stop making new threads about crap. We already had an discussion this GT>PGR+Forza. weiliang_1988

omg you think so too. LOL i wanted to break my freind's copy of PGR 3.

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
how it stands right now... forza is a better
Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Game13a13y
Member since 2004 • 2860 Posts

lets put it this way:

Forza is like a Kia Sedona whereas GT is like a Ferrari.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="weiliang_1988"]

[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]stop making new threads about crap. We already had an discussion this GT>PGR+Forza. ff7isnumbaone

He must not be your friend if you wanted to break his game.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Gran Turismo is easily superior. There are so many thing I hate about Forza. Besides the graphics, the whole game just feels wrong. You unlock the best cars far too quickly and there aren't many races to choose from at all. The gameplay is just weird as well. I want to know why the ground that isn't part of the racing track is like ice and prevents your car from going above a set speed. What happened to realism? If I stray from the track, I don't expect to be punished by some magic speed barrier. The same goes for the penatly system. It's unnecessary as your lap time will suffer as a result of your poor driving anyway.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RoslindaleOne

Gran Turismo is easily superior. There are so many thing I hate about Forza. Besides the graphics, the whole game just feels wrong. You unlock the best cars far too quickly and there aren't many races to choose from at all. The gameplay is just weird as well. I want to know why the ground that isn't part of the racing track is like ice and prevents your car from going above a set speed. What happened to realism? If I stray from the track, I don't expect to be punished by some magic speed barrier. The same goes for the penatly system. It's unnecessary as your lap time will suffer as a result of your poor driving anyway.SolidSnake35

The penalty system is fine. You shouldn't be hitting other cars and going off track. It's unnecessary to push a car off the track and win the race without getting penalized.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Gran Turismo is easily superior. There are so many thing I hate about Forza. Besides the graphics, the whole game just feels wrong. You unlock the best cars far too quickly and there aren't many races to choose from at all. The gameplay is just weird as well. I want to know why the ground that isn't part of the racing track is like ice and prevents your car from going above a set speed. What happened to realism? If I stray from the track, I don't expect to be punished by some magic speed barrier. The same goes for the penatly system. It's unnecessary as your lap time will suffer as a result of your poor driving anyway.RoslindaleOne

The penalty system is fine. You shouldn't be hitting other cars and going off track. It's unnecessary to push a car off the track and win the race without getting penalized.

I don't hit other cars, but on the odd occassion, I slide slightly onto the grass. The resulting penatlies ruin the proper lap time.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RoslindaleOne
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Gran Turismo is easily superior. There are so many thing I hate about Forza. Besides the graphics, the whole game just feels wrong. You unlock the best cars far too quickly and there aren't many races to choose from at all. The gameplay is just weird as well. I want to know why the ground that isn't part of the racing track is like ice and prevents your car from going above a set speed. What happened to realism? If I stray from the track, I don't expect to be punished by some magic speed barrier. The same goes for the penatly system. It's unnecessary as your lap time will suffer as a result of your poor driving anyway.SolidSnake35

I don't hit other cars, but on the odd occassion, I slide slightly onto the grass. The resulting penatlies ruin the proper lap time.

At least your honest. Me, on the other hand use to do what I just said. Forza corrected that old bad habit of mine. Hopefully GT5 will do the same. GT is my favorite sim racer series after all.

Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
Forza, Gran Turismo games in general are soulless and lack something special. Not surpised that Forza games scores higher than GTs.
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

It's a hard choice because gt5 is not here but I guess forza 2 although neither is what I would call a racing sim. I am hearing good things about gt5 so maybe I will change my mind. Forza 2 has crappy graphics, the ai is too weak even on the factory spec cup on hard the ai still refused to fight back. Forza 2 has hardly any tracks and no time of day change even on endurance races. The cars are decent but the physics are a joke it's almost impossible to spin and I have never once seen a car turn over.

Forza 2's damage is rubbish even at over 200mph the cars won't even lose a wheel no matter what. The tuning is also lack luster with just basics. The only thing that saves it is the online imo could be I am just to used to playing pc racing sims. Gt5 better bring it or I will also laugh at it's sim tag. Are GT and forza fun yes but sims no, not by along shot. Even need for speed prostreet looks to be more of a sim than forza 2 and that's just sad.

When I go online on forza 2 guys are more into trading rice than racing it seems, I hope there will be some more tracks for down load soon as well as more cars also unlock some engine tuning. Gt5 claims to have real damage and weather and time of day with a massive car list plus many more tracks and looks good. I hope GT5 will add flags for even better newb control and hope the online does not suck also hope the driving school will replace the license test. Oh yeah anybody know if a new wheel is coming for GT5 ??

ps GT5 better have some decent AI !!!

I am going to be playing RACE07 on pc looks good should keep me busy till GT5 gets here.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

I dig GTs mechanics of having to drive around in crappy cars for a while to earn enough money to upgrade.

For the most part the handeling is realistic, and the graphics are amazing, its a good series, other similar driving games such as forza have merits too, but i prefer GT overall.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

IMO Forza destroys GT if you're looking for a comprehensive sim game, if you want a car showroom/sunday drive simulator GT is the king.

I honestly cant play GT after playing Forza for so long, i really tried playing GT4 and GTHD but the handling feels so arcadey compared to other sims that i can only stomach the game for a few minutes at a time, and i wouldnt mind but i used to be a huge GT fan.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

GT always had better presentation, which I think is pretty important especially for a racing game, a game that's not very into major dynamic gameplay. The Presentation and graphics make for a better experience while playing the game. Sure damage is nice, but it's not a huge advancement.dream431ca

word on the street is GT5 has damage...i wonder if its true....

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="weiliang_1988"]

[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]stop making new threads about crap. We already had an discussion this GT>PGR+Forza. RoslindaleOne

He must not be your friend if you wanted to break his game.

by breaking his game, he is helping his friend see the light ^^

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

I dig GTs mechanics of having to drive around in crappy cars for a while to earn enough money to upgrade.

iamsickofspam
This is one of the worst things about GT.  The point of playing a sim is to do something you won't usually get to do.  If I wanted to buy a crappy Civic and hit the track, that's well within the realm of possibility.  Entry-level in a racing sim should be stuff like the Mustang, 350Z, RX-8, MX-5, Solstice GXP, and so on.
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
I really love the GT series especially how you progress through the game... The presentation is also superb.
BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BatmanBegins24
Member since 2005 • 7520 Posts
I at one point or another owned every Gran Turismo game.And I have yet to play a Forza game (despite considering myself a lemming).Gran Turismo is such a high class game.It has elegant Box art,beautiful visuals,overall incredible production values.And I have never played a racing game as much as GT3.But one flaw is that it seems too sterile.No damage modeling which is archaic and licenses got on my nerves.I'm getting Forza 2 soon so I will have an opinion on that eventually.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 animateria
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts

Have played GT3 GT4 and Forza...

In my opinion the game set up for GT3 was better than GT4, but GT4 had better graphics and physics...

As for Forza (Haven't played 2 though) The gameplay structure was similar to GT3 with tweaks... I liked the GT3 set up so this was a plus... Customization was interesting... I didn't care for the bodykits... but vinyls and paint options was a plus... If the car is going to be tuned for trackday might as well make it look sponsored...

I enjoyed both Forza and GT4... But their A.I.'s aren't that good either way... GT4 failing miserably...

BTW! When you play GT4... Remember to 'TURNOFF all AIDS'... And put on 'N-TIRES'... Its much closer to simulation... GT4 used Driving Aids to make the game more accessable.. I think they should have given an option to turn in off in the menu.. Having to do it for every damn car in the game is ridiculous...

Forza had a Damage model.. but it wasn't good... no good at all... Both games suffered from unrealistic collision...

I would play both Forza 2 and GT5 but I don't have a Current Gen console atm...