Gran Turismo 6 bombs in the States.

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gran_turismo_6/news/gran_turismo_6_has_sold_just_25_of_what_gt5_managed_in_same_time_frame_in_the_us.html

Should of been a PS4 launch window title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Good. Hopefully Forza 5 bombs aswell and they learn a valuable lesson about microstransactions

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Ps3 has more users that the ps4. Sony simply left it to die, marketing wise.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By timbers_WSU

@Vatusus said:

Good. Hopefully Forza 5 bombs aswell and they learn a valuable lesson about microstransactions

Actually (And sadly) Forza 5 is doing really well. I am a big Forza fan and I am bored to death of 5 right now. I don't care about not having a ton of cars but only 13 tracks sucks. There is actually 14 but I don't count that shitty test track.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

old series, that Polyphony dont bother to update (low budget most probably).

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i think part of the reason why is because people were waiting for gt5 for a very long time. it was delayed several times. once it finally released on ps3 - BOOM! Sales. but with gt6 ... it's kinda come too soon after gt5, also gt5 seemed to dissapoint a few fans - i think its low sales compared to gt5 are easy to explain. but at the same time - why wasn't this gt so amazing that it sold even better than gt5? who's to say that was never an option?

i do agree with the tc, if gt6 were a launch game on ps4 ... that would have been amazing.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

"Sony hasn't offered any official sales figures for Gran Turismo 6."

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Sourced from VGChartz... In other words, take with a mound of salt.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

It would have sold even less. There are >75 million PS3's out there, and only >4 million PS4's.

"it seems the publisher got the launch timing for this edition completely wrong. Perhaps this will force Sony to accelerate the release of the first PS4 Gran Turismo."

No, it's likely enough people got burned by GT5 that they aren't interested in the franchise anymore. It's Gran Turismo, it sells on name alone. I wonder what they could have done to make 75% less of the fanbase to want it.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

im probably going to need a flame shield for this....but it should have been a vita title. releasing it on a console that was on the way out didnt make sense.

but GT is a system seller (the PS3 benefited from that GT5 that came out before GT 5...prelude or something :P) and the vita could certainly do with a system seller. there is also no fully featured racing sim (well sim light) in the handheld space. the best one is WRC4 on the vita (which, credit due, the devs did a decent job at but it still needs a lot of work).

it tanked on the PSP because polyphony phoned it in and the market knew it. but a proper, fully developed, GT could make the vita more interesting. racing games are also great when on the move.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

forza 5 confirmed king of racing simulators

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Good. Shame Forza 5 did so well apparently. Any game that wants to charge a full entry fee and still pull bullshit microtransactions should rightly burn.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Hopefully SONY will finally drop that fucking franchise.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Good. Shame Forza 5 did so well apparently. Any game that wants to charge a full entry fee and still pull bullshit microtransactions should rightly burn.

Am I the only one who knows that the payment systems in both FM5 and GT6 are to allow players to unlock cars with real money rather than in-game credits, and not paying for cars, and thus not an obligation to play them? Granted, Forza has had DLC cars and tracks since FM2, but isn't this overreaction kind of silly?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

lol vgchartz

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Why would they drop their best selling IP? One flop won't stop GT7 from being released on PS4 within 2 years. They will be under immense pressure to make an excellent game though. I like arcade racers so I'm waiting for #DriveClub.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I will admit that I have X'ed GT6 off my list. Got way to big a backlog to work through before I get the PS4 and I got to cut games off my wish list to get there and GT6 is one that got cut.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

If the GT series gets dropped (which I doubt) that will give me one reason less to buy a PS4. The only reason I got a PS3 was for GT5. Rest of the games I play on PC, but the exclusives obviously I had to get. Don't think just the exclusives alone apart from GT5 would have made me buy one though.

For this reason the Xbox360 was never an option for me. Maybe I'm one of the few fans of the series that actually liked GT5 and thought GT6 was a good follow up (higher res, better lighting and more tracks and cars, better handling). People like to whine a lot about stuff that's not that important. Driving was always GT's focus before anything else and not much beats it, sure you might get the odd PC racing sim... but they don't have nowhere near the content.

If GT goes down the route of catering to the masses and people who don't really like racing sims, then that would be the end of it for me.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 timbers_WSU

After thinking about it, I am actually glad GT6 was on PS3. If GT6 came out at launch on the PS4 Drive Club would of got delayed farther into the year..........And I would rather have Drive Club.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

Hopefully Sony/Polphony will learn to get their shit straight, make a good game, and release it on third respective relevant platform .

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Bookmark for selfownage. Sony have not release international retail or download version sale.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Why would they drop their best selling IP? One flop won't stop GT7 from being released on PS4 within 2 years. They will be under immense pressure to make an excellent game though. I like arcade racers so I'm waiting for #DriveClub.

One flop?

GT has been going downhill since GT3

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@MonsieurX said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

One flop?

GT has been going downhill since GT3

I'm talking about the sales, which would be the only reason Sony would even think about canning the IP. One poor selling game is not enough justification to drop franchise as successful as Gran Turismo.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By timbers_WSU

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Bookmark for selfownage. Sony have not release international retail or download version sale.

What part of "in the States" did you not understand? So not only can you not write English you can't read it either?

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I bet it will actually come back to sell a lot. Let's not forget GT is much more popular outside of the US.

GT6 is a really good racing game. Tons of content and just the best feeling physics engine out there.

I unfortunetly haven't bought it yet.

After buying the PS4 and Wii U with some games at the end of last year, I haven't had much money to spend on video games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

that's what they get for not testing the waters with a prologue

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StrongBlackVine

@timbers_WSU said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

What part of "in the States" did you not understand? So not only can you not write English you can't read it either?

I guess we all know you lemmings think the US is all that matters for sales.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

This.

@mrintro said:

"Sony hasn't offered any official sales figures for Gran Turismo 6."

And this.

@lundy86_4 said:

Sourced from VGChartz... In other words, take with a mound of salt.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

GT6 is not selling because everybody is still playing GT5 online. The amount of thing to do in GT6 is insane. Today ver 1.03 came out and added even more content and races and features. GT6 is the best racing game on console period.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Unsurprising,after the disapointment that GT5 was most people won´t be fooled twice.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@no-scope-AK47 said:

GT6 is not selling because everybody is still playing GT5 online. The amount of thing to do in GT6 is insane. Today ver 1.03 came out and added even more content and races and features. GT6 is the best racing game on console period.

Sounds Sony a made good calling to shut done GT5 online then, even if it is a bit shady.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 timbers_WSU

@StrongBlackVine said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

First of all this Lemming has a bigger Playstation collection than most of you ignorant Cows do so that automatically makes my opinion more relevant,
And secondly no....I really do not give a shit about anything that happens on the other side of the ocean. Atlantic or Pacific.

Most of you loser Cows don't even have a PS4. You think this little moron Mr-Kutaragi has a PS4? He can't even fucking spell it.
When you girls get a PS4 collection like me and actually plays it, then I might consider giving a shit about your opinion. K kid?

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Sounds Sony a made good calling to shut done GT5 online then, even if it is a bit shady.

A bit shady is a massive understatement,that´s a huge anti consumer move from sony,especially if the reason is to force people to migrate to G6,wich it clearly is but also it seems that people won´t.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StrongBlackVine

@MrYaotubo said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

A bit shady is a massive understatement,that´s a huge anti consumer move from sony,especially if the reason is to force people to migrate to G6,wich it clearly is but also it seems that people won´t.

Not really. Sony isn't being compensated to maintain those servers. Maybe they can allow users to host their own. Not sure if that is possible.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 no-scope-AK47

@StrongBlackVine said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

GT5 had a great run it came out in 2010 it sucks that it is being shut down but GT6 is a better game. GT6 comes with a code for good free cars also.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By timbers_WSU

And since you all don't like VGChartz
http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/14/gran-turismo-6-sold-around-300000-units-during-december-in-us-analyst/

It is what it is. Like I said..I am more interested in Dive Club for the PS4. Gran Turismo is boring as Hell anyways.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StrongBlackVine
@timbers_WSU said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

First of all this Lemming has a bigger Playstation collection than most of you ignorant Cows do so that automatically makes my opinion more relevant,

And secondly no....I really do not give a shit about anything that happens on the other side of the ocean. Atlantic or Pacific.

Most of you loser Cows don't even have a PS4. You think this little moron

Mr-Kutaragi

has a PS4? He can't even fucking spell it.

When you girls get a PS4 collection like me and actually plays it, then I might consider giving a shit about your opinion. K kid?

First of all learn some damn manners and stop calling people you don't know losers over video games.

Second, I have had a PS4 since launch day and have owned 9(6 retail) games for it so far.

Third, you have clear mental issues.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

2 reasons:

1. GT5 sucked

2. No PS4 version

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lol lems still crowing over Flopza 5 as if it's doing any better.

GT6 should have been a PS4 launch game. Hopefully the reason why it wasn't was because PD was developing GT7 on the PS4 at the same time and focussing on rebuilding all graphical assets to make a truly eighth gen racing sim.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By timbers_WSU

@StrongBlackVine said:
@timbers_WSU said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Mr-Kutaragi

First of all learn some damn manners and stop calling people you don't know losers over video games.

Second, I have had a PS4 since launch day and have owned 9(6 retail) games for it so far.

LOL......You have a total of 43 trophies. Good job. You are an asset to your fanbase. I sent you a friend request. That way I can make fun of you when you don't buy exclusives like every other Cow.

And by the way. You are also a liar. You have Killzone and it looks like you almost started to play Battlefield. How are 2 games 9 in your opinion?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongBlackVine

@timbers_WSU said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@timbers_WSU said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Mr-Kutaragi

LOL......You have a total of 43 trophies. Good job. You are an asset to your fanbase. I sent you a friend request. That way I can make fun of you when you don't buy exclusives like every other Cow.

Unfortunately because I wanted to change my PSN ID I had give up all my trophies to do so. Look up StrongBlackVine9. I bought and completed pretty much all the major PS3 exclusives.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Kind of expected. PS4 stole the thunder and a lot of fans were disappointed with GT5.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 timbers_WSU

@GrenadeLauncher said:

GT6 should have been a PS4 launch game. Hopefully the reason why it wasn't was because PD was developing GT7 on the PS4 at the same time and focussing on rebuilding all graphical assets to make a truly eighth gen racing sim.

No reason to crow. I said earlier I was bored to tears with Forza 5 right now. But comparing console sales to game sales yeah....Forza 5 is a lot more successful than GT6. There is no need to argue which game is better. Forza has been better for 7 years.

If Cows had any sense they would be hyping Drive Club. It actually looks legit. I will be picking it up day one as well. GT is old and stale and Polyphony has no desire to change it up apparently.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By timbers_WSU

@StrongBlackVine said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@timbers_WSU said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Mr-Kutaragi

Unfortunately because I wanted to change my PSN ID I had give up all my trophies to do so. Look up StrongBlackVine9. I bought and completed pretty much all the major PS3 exclusives.

Again. You're still lying. Not one PS4 game on that name either. So you basically lied about your PS4 collection. Nice. Just like a Cow. Lie about everything, especially if it helps Sony's image. And no.....you don't have most of the PS3's exclusives. Compared to me, a Lemming your exclusive line-up is weak.
Do yourself a favor. If you wanna lie about your games at least have enough sense to not put your gamer tag on your profile.

And you did not accept my friend request. Oh I forgot. Cows don't actually turn their systems on and play them.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

No reason to crow. I said earlier I was bored to tears with Forza 5 right now. But comparing console sales to game sales yeah....Forza 5 is a lot more successful than GT6. There is no need to argue which game is better. Forza has been better for 7 years.

If Cows had any sense they would be hyping Drive Club. It actually looks legit. I will be picking it up day one as well. GT is old and stale and Polyphony has no desire to change it up apparently.

Yeah, I played Drive Club at an expo. Solid driving physics yet was accessible to someone like me who doesn't care about driving games. Beautiful lighting going on too. It helps that Evolution is a solid developer and some of the old Wipeout crew are working on it too.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@timbers_WSU said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

There is very little to change to make GT perfect. The two minor fixes are the car destruction and the car sounds. Some might want to rice their cars as well. The racing in GT6 is the best by far on console there are so many cars and tracks. Add in time of day and weather and the massive track selection gets even better. Oh and if the car list was not insane enough today we got two DLC cars for free with the update and new seasonal races. The update even fixed the inside car view on a couple cars.

The only way to get better sim racing is to go pc. Forza 5 just came out and it is already stale. Sure it looks and sounds great but has no content. You can buy the DLC for 50 bucks for Forza 5 bringing the cost of the game to 110 bucks with no tax.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By timbers_WSU

I am hoping Evolution doesn't go the Motorstorm route and make Drive Club 2 and 3.
With ex Sony Liverpool guys working on them I am hoping maybe Evolution makes a Wipeout and maybe another Motorstorm game.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@Vatusus said:

Actually (And sadly) Forza 5 is doing really well. I am a big Forza fan and I am bored to death of 5 right now. I don't care about not having a ton of cars but only 13 tracks sucks. There is actually 14 but I don't count that shitty test track.

How about just don't buy them and have the lesson be presented that way, rather than wishing that a project that people spent years of their life on to fail?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gran_turismo_6/news/gran_turismo_6_has_sold_just_25_of_what_gt5_managed_in_same_time_frame_in_the_us.html

I'm sure it sold well outside of the U.S., since that's were it real market is at. Euro gamers love it like it's the only racing game in the world. The game could be crap (like GT5 was) and they will still buy it in millions. Forza 5 already sold over 1 million copies (over 33% of XB1 owners own it.