GQ: "PS4 has no killer games at launch" 7/10 X1 8/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kuu2
#1 Edited by kuu2 (10325 posts) -

http://www.t3.com/news/first-xbox-one-and-sony-ps4-review-appears-in-gq-magazine

Word is getting out that the PS4 is severely lacking games at launch.

Avatar image for Chutebox
#2 Edited by Chutebox (43295 posts) -

GQ lol, ok.

Doesn't really matter, I'm not buying a console for 2 months.

Avatar image for HavocV3
#4 Posted by HavocV3 (8061 posts) -

Can't knock them for stating the truth.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#5 Posted by MonsieurX (36890 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

http://www.t3.com/news/first-xbox-one-and-sony-ps4-review-appears-in-gq-magazine

Word is getting out that the PS3 is severely lacking games at launch.

PS3?

Avatar image for Sweenix
#6 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

I heard resistance fall of man is pretty good, i cant wait for that game.

Avatar image for kuu2
#7 Posted by kuu2 (10325 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

GQ lol, ok.

Doesn't really matter, I'm not buying a console for 2 months.

You are right GQ only has a readership of only a million in the target demographic that consoles are aiming for. No way could they influence anyone.

What color is the sky in your world Chute?

Avatar image for Chutebox
#8 Edited by Chutebox (43295 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

GQ lol, ok.

Doesn't really matter, I'm not buying a console for 2 months.

You are right GQ only has a readership of only a million in the target demographic that consoles are aiming for. No way could they influence anyone.

What color is the sky in your world Chute?

I give a shit about who they influence? Think again, bud.

Also, they praise the 'cloud processing', how when it's not even up?

Avatar image for XBOunity
#9 Posted by XBOunity (3837 posts) -

@kuu2: im figuring all the big outlets like TIME and other are going to rate the XBO higher. It is the better overall system, it isn't as powerful graphically, but its not far off, and yet it has better software. When you get into online, its a ass kicking XBL is far superior to PSN, and now you have to pay for PSN. When it comes to everything else in multimedia the PS4 is so much a gamers machine made for gamers albeit it with less games than XBO, its clear that PS4 is really lacking here. so yeah but I would score the 9/10 for XBO, and 8/10 for PS4.

Avatar image for kuu2
#10 Posted by kuu2 (10325 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@kuu2 said:

http://www.t3.com/news/first-xbox-one-and-sony-ps4-review-appears-in-gq-magazine

Word is getting out that the PS3 is severely lacking games at launch.

PS3?

Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Avatar image for Locutus_Picard
#11 Posted by Locutus_Picard (4041 posts) -

and in GQ's opinion the Xbox One is the best console of the two getting 8/10 with the magazine praising the console's 'cloud processing' and the fact that it's a 'complete media device'


I needed a laugh, thanks. :D

Avatar image for KarateeeChop
#12 Posted by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

even as a sony fan i have to agree that ps4's lackluster launch really worries me.

Avatar image for lostrib
#13 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Well if there's one place I know to go to for video game advice, it's definitely GQ

Avatar image for Heil68
#14 Edited by Heil68 (57859 posts) -

Still getting my launch PS4 because Sony is focused on GAMES. You know that Sony will deliver the world class exclusives, I know they will and so does the world.

Avatar image for Newhopes
#15 Posted by Newhopes (4756 posts) -

Tip:Don't buy new consoles for the frist year or 2.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#16 Posted by princeofshapeir (16604 posts) -

Word is Xbox 720 would have been a much more appropriate name than Xbox One considering what we all know now.

Avatar image for majesticshea
#17 Edited by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

What else would people need a console for besides to play games and watch Netflix/Amazon/Hulu on the big screen.

Most people have Phones, tablets, laptops, media boxes like apple TV, and or hybrid PC's like the surface that do all these 'new' features consoles are getting easier, quicker, and most importantly portability enabled

Avatar image for kuu2
#18 Edited by kuu2 (10325 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well if there's one place I know to go to for video game advice, it's definitely GQ

The point is you don't go there for advice if you are on this forum. You don't get to 80-100 million sold by looking for the people that already know about your product.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#19 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

PS4 has won this generation already. Microsoft can graciously accept first loser place.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#20 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@lostrib said:

Well if there's one place I know to go to for video game advice, it's definitely GQ

The point is you don't go there for advice if you are on this forum. You don't get to 80-100 million sold by looking for the people that already know about your product.

PS4 is favored on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube. Sony has the public mindshare.

Avatar image for PhazonBlazer
#21 Edited by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

Gary Queen?

Avatar image for s0ldier69
#22 Posted by s0ldier69 (2216 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Still getting my launch PS4 because Sony is focused on GAMES. You know that Sony will deliver the world class exclusives, I know they will and so does the world.

and yet GAMES seems to be what the console is missing. x1 has games and more.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#23 Posted by lundy86_4 (48658 posts) -

You are one devoted Lem.

Avatar image for Heil68
#24 Posted by Heil68 (57859 posts) -

@s0ldier69 said:

@Heil68 said:

Still getting my launch PS4 because Sony is focused on GAMES. You know that Sony will deliver the world class exclusives, I know they will and so does the world.

and yet GAMES seems to be what the console is missing. x1 has games and more.

PS4 has more games at launch then X1. :)

Avatar image for superclocked
#25 Posted by superclocked (5864 posts) -

@s0ldier69 said:

@Heil68 said:

Still getting my launch PS4 because Sony is focused on GAMES. You know that Sony will deliver the world class exclusives, I know they will and so does the world.

and yet GAMES seems to be what the console is missing. x1 has games and more.

Killzone Shadowfall looks to be the best shooter on consoles at launch, and Knack looks like it's going to be a refreshing change of pace. Don't get me wrong, though. Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Ryse look good, too, but I'm more interested in what the PS4 launch games are offering...

Avatar image for Murderstyle75
#26 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

Are they supposed to have killer games at launch? The PS2 certainly didnt yet it sold more games than any console in history.

Why release your good stuff at launch when it will only flop since there is not yet an established userbase to even buy the games yet? This is no longer the 1990's. Games don't stay fresh the way they used to. Today's modern gamer sees a game as being old in a matter of months. By the time everybody else shows up for the party, these games would have already seen multiple price drops. Why waste money on big games that might be lucky to sell a million copies when you could instead release something like TLOU on the PS3 which sold 3.4 million in its first three weeks? How quick they are to forget that Microsoft hasn't seen a new IP since 2010.

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#27 Edited by NFJSupreme (6506 posts) -

This is true. But the PS4 is still the better purchase. It's cheaper. It's more powerful so it will really shine in the future. Sony has more reputable first party devs that have produced AAA caliber games like Ratchet and clank, God of War, Uncharted, Beyond, and The Last of Us. Compare to Halo,Forza (and Fable?) for Xbone. The PS4 is already proving to be superior in multiplats like BF4 and most likely AC4 (why the embargo M$?). Honestly as a gaming console the PS4 thoroughly kicks the Xbone's ass. Xbone's only hope is that they are banking on being more than just a gaming console appealing. Maybe they are right, but to any objective core gamer it's obvious which is the best console at launch and most likely in the future. Unless of course they are a fanboy which is fine but even they will probably end up getting a PS4 in the future.

Avatar image for kuu2
#28 Posted by kuu2 (10325 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

Are they supposed to have killer games at launch? The PS2 certainly didnt yet it sold more games than any console in history.

Why release your good stuff at launch when it will only flop since there is not yet an established userbase to even buy the games yet? This is no longer the 1990's. Games don't stay fresh the way they used to. Today's modern gamer sees a game as being old in a matter of months. By the time everybody else shows up for the party, these games would have already seen multiple price drops. Why waste money on big games that might be lucky to sell a million copies when you could instead release something like TLOU on the PS3 which sold 3.4 million in its first three weeks? How quick they are to forget that Microsoft hasn't seen a new IP since 2010.

Yeah but that didn't work out so well for the PS3. And MSoft's console is launching with a new IP in Ryse.

MSoft ain't Nintendo, and they definitely ain't Sega. Keep living those glory years of the PS2.

Avatar image for II_Seraphim_II
#29 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20535 posts) -

If you're going to GQ for your video game advice...well then.....:s

Avatar image for multipass35
#30 Edited by Multipass35 (312 posts) -

@Chutebox: good, because your gonna need to wait a lot longer then that for Sony to finally release a real game. Lol