GPD Win 2 specs confirmed; Switch killer

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Techhog89 (3080 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@techhog89 said:
@drlostrib said:
@techhog89 said:
@MonsieurX said:

Note that the first one didn't kill the switch and this won't either

The first one was weaker than undocked Switch. This isn't.

And yet you still claimed it would out do the switch. But I'm sure we should totally believe you this time

Switch came in dead last place in November NPD. What if that was the reason?

was it?

Yup, Switch was in third place and sold half of what PS4 sold.

#52 Posted by uninspiredcup (29134 posts) -

It needs Switch games, which it doesn't have.

#53 Posted by Planeforger (17813 posts) -

So...what games are going to be specifically optimised for this device?

#54 Posted by Daredevils2k (1788 posts) -

lol I remember when Zune was chanted to be the iPod killer or ms phone was supposed to be the android and iPhone killer and we all know how those 2 devices end up doing . They ended up digging their own grave and bury themselves in it.

#55 Edited by scatteh316 (9929 posts) -

720p screen = Fail

It wasn't acceptable when Switch released and it's certainly not acceptable when this releases.

#56 Posted by UssjTrunks (11288 posts) -

@techhog89 said:
@drlostrib said:
@techhog89 said:
@drlostrib said:
@techhog89 said:

The first one was weaker than undocked Switch. This isn't.

And yet you still claimed it would out do the switch. But I'm sure we should totally believe you this time

Switch came in dead last place in November NPD. What if that was the reason?

was it?

Yup, Switch was in third place and sold half of what PS4 sold.

Switch also cost $110 more than PS4.

#57 Edited by UssjTrunks (11288 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

720p screen = Fail

It wasn't acceptable when Switch released and it's certainly not acceptable when this releases.

I will admit, the screen is garbage on the Switch. It's plastic, the colours are washed out, there is light bleed from the sides, and it's 720p. Having said that, it kept the price down. A proper AMOLED 1080p Gorilla Glass display would have added another $200-300 to the price tag at least.

#58 Edited by Techhog89 (3080 posts) -

@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:

720p screen = Fail

I will admit, the screen is garbage on the Switch. It's plastic, the colours are washed out, there is light bleed from the sides, and it's 720p. Having said that, it kept the price down. A proper AMOLED 1080p Gorilla Glass display would have added another $200-300 to the price tag at least.

What would be the point of a 1080p screen when the games run at 368p-720p anyway? And the colors definitely aren't washed out.

#59 Edited by scatteh316 (9929 posts) -

@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:

720p screen = Fail

They don't have to use AMOLED, they don't have to use GG... and it definitely wouldn't add any where near that much.

According to a GSMArena article a 1080p 5" AMOLED display cost $14.30 to make in 2016.

So a 6" 1080p display in 2017 would likely cost less to produce or at worst cost the same.

#60 Posted by Techhog89 (3080 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@scatteh316 said:

720p screen = Fail

They don't have to use AMOLED, they don't have to use GG... and it definitely wouldn't add any where near that much.

According to a GSMArena article a 1080p 5" AMOLED display cost $14.30 to make in 2016.

So a 6" 1080p display in 2017 would likely cost less to produce or at worst cost the same.

It can't run games at 1080p in handheld mode, and it doesn't have a usable web browser. What would the point of a 1080p screen? To make Xenoblade 2 look even worse?

#61 Posted by Kjtc1979 (365 posts) -

That this thread is running concurrent with another from the same OP asking rhetorically if System Warriors still think Switch is doomed after selling 10 million units in nine months is hilarious.

#62 Edited by emgesp (7620 posts) -

Why would anyone pay for this garbage at $400?

BTW, pretty sure Techhog is just being sarcastic. I don't believe he actually thinks this would be legit competition for the Switch.

I think we all took his bait. Good Job Techhog, but I caught on quick.

#63 Posted by EG101 (1871 posts) -

@daredevils2k said:

lol I remember when Zune was chanted to be the iPod killer or ms phone was supposed to be the android and iPhone killer and we all know how those 2 devices end up doing . They ended up digging their own grave and bury themselves in it.

Zune HD is still today the best IPod Knock off ever built even surpassing the IPod.

#64 Edited by cuberootg (1 posts) -

@Sgt_Crow said:

Looks like something barely anyone will buy.

Lol! Yeah I guess, given they raised $1M++ USD in less than 48 hours. So I'm guessing these 1877 backers are all dumb huh?

#65 Posted by mariokart64fan (20783 posts) -

@techhog89: and I bet you it'll cost more than 500

#66 Edited by Techhog89 (3080 posts) -

There's already a Switch emulator that's far along, and this could be able to play it. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

#67 Posted by scatteh316 (9929 posts) -

@techhog89 said:

There's already a Switch emulator that's far along, and this could be able to play it. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Also that it's best game (BoTW) has been 100% fully playable on PC via emulation now for some months which also kind of makes Switch irrelevant for some PC gamers.

But I have to say that BoTW looks stunning at 8k/60fps with down sampling.

#68 Edited by Xabiss (2089 posts) -

@techhog89 said:

ROFLMAO please tell me this guy is joking. This is a troll attempt right?

#69 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3583 posts) -

But will it get Zelda, Mario and Pokémon? I mean I don’t care any of those games but those games has lots of fans.

#70 Edited by Techhog89 (3080 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:

But will it get Zelda, Mario and Pokémon? I mean I don’t care any of those games but those games has lots of fans.

It will using the Switch emulator.