GP: If Blizzard had been developing Too Human and called it Diablo 3 .....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

If Blizzard had been developing Too Human and called it Diablo 3, it would be completely believable that this is the direction that series would take. The loot system is extremely similar, each class has a different skill tree and the combat has the same easy-to-use functionality, but it's more action packed and engaging; exactly where I imagine the next Diablo game will be going with its gameplay.

A FEW WEEKS AGO I had the opportunity to try out Too Human for Xbox 360. I've been following Too Human for a long time and had come to the conclusion that the concept had the potential to be a great game.

Or a mediocre game.

It would all come down to how it felt when you were actually sitting on the couch playing it. Now, I obviously can't speak for you, but so far I'm convinced

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/xbox-360/previews/131909.Too-Human/

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts
So... Too Human is a rip-off of a game that hasn't even been announced yet?
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 too_much_eslim
So... Too Human is a rip-off of a game that hasn't even been announced yet?-Jiggles-
what it means if Blizzard made Too Human it wouldn't be getting a lot of hate for its animations and battle system.
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#4 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
It is surprisingly hard to get a Diablo like game right. There have been many that have tried, and none really have hit the mark. Diablo and Diablo 2 still have much more presence out there than any of their copy cats.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
If Too Human was being made by Blizzard.... it would probably be looking to be a solid game. I imagine you are assuming people buy Blizzard games because of the name. This is true... but that's because Blizzard makes quality games.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 too_much_eslim
If Too Human was being made by Blizzard.... it would probably be looking to be a solid game. I imagine you are assuming people buy Blizzard games because of the name. This is true... but that's because Blizzard makes quality games.rimnet00
So does SK. They just had a bad showing for Too Human.
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
A franchise name can always give a game alot of undeserved hype, just look at GTA IV.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I think the point the author is trying to make is that if you pasted the Blizzard logo over the Silicon Knights one and showed off the same videos, pictures and previews, the average gamer would be going ****ing bricks in anticipation. Instead because SK isn't as well known a developer (despite a solid track record) people rip on TH without any good reason. And I agree with him. Hell if Blizzard had spent "10 years" developing Diablo 3, people would see it as a positive.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

So... Too Human is a rip-off of a game that hasn't even been announced yet?-Jiggles-
Yes, they ripped off something that doesnt even exist yet,

Those thieves!!

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts
are you kidding me? when it comes down to it people judge a game based on the gameplay and its mechanics. to alot of folks so far too human just looks meh. if it had the blizzard name on it, i would still think it is just meh... only thing is, blizzard pumps quality games almost all the time. the only game i didnt like were wc3 and wow. i love blizzard, but it doesnt mean i was gonna hype those games based on their name alone. i hate wc3 and wow, but i love diablo, sc series, wc1&2, and i am very interested in sc2. SK hasnt made a good game in a great while, and so far too human can either turn out great, or it can flop. im basing that off of the gameplay ive seen so far.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
Anticipation is really growing for this title. Threads like this and, of course, Secret Police's threads, are building my hype!!
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 too_much_eslim
are you kidding me? when it comes down to it people judge a game based on the gameplay and its mechanics. to alot of folks so far too human just looks meh. if it had the blizzard name on it, i would still think it is just meh... only thing is, blizzard pumps quality games almost all the time. the only game i didnt like were wc3 and wow. i love blizzard, but it doesnt mean i was gonna hype those games based on their name alone. i hate wc3 and wow, but i love diablo, sc series, wc1&2, and i am very interested in sc2. SK hasnt made a good game in a great while, and so far too human can either turn out great, or it can flop. im basing that off of the gameplay ive seen so far.Rage010101
That the thing its like a Diablo game, but people are looking at it as a NG, DMC, or GoW type game when it isn't.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

[QUOTE="rimnet00"]If Too Human was being made by Blizzard.... it would probably be looking to be a solid game. I imagine you are assuming people buy Blizzard games because of the name. This is true... but that's because Blizzard makes quality games.too_much_eslim

I'm sorry, but SK is not in the same league as Blizzard.

kingman03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kingman03
Member since 2003 • 5202 Posts
Daiblo 3 was announced.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]If Too Human was being made by Blizzard.... it would probably be looking to be a solid game. I imagine you are assuming people buy Blizzard games because of the name. This is true... but that's because Blizzard makes quality games.rimnet00

I'm sorry, but SK is not in the same league as Blizzard.

who said they were?
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
To all of you bemoaning the gameplay videos-look to ye olde videos of Diablo 2; at first sight, it looks dreadfully boring, repetitive, and shallow. Indeed, it looks that way incessantly until you are shown the RPG mechanics as well. At that point, you see the way in which the solid RPG aspects and the merely passable action aspects fuse to create something truly special. The gameplay for Too Human may not look like it is absolutely stellar, but, when you meld that aspect with the one that is not as readily visible in the videos-the RPG side-you finally see why people are so excited for this game.
diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]So... Too Human is a rip-off of a game that hasn't even been announced yet?too_much_eslim
what it means if Blizzard made Too Human it wouldn't be getting a lot of hate for its animations and battle system.

It would be similar to Too Human, because of the skill system and battles, and definately most important, the loot system. However, there would be more then 2 players allowed in each game, 2 is just way to lot for an online game similar to diablo, where trading items, and pvping, is very important.