GOW2 developer reponds to Nintendo community bashing him or his anti wii comment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zhenyu21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#251 zhenyu21
Member since 2003 • 222 Posts
is that really cory? i'm sorry but i can't believe it...
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 corybarlog
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

Oh and Cory, I'm not trying to get on a bad note with you, I just happened to disagree with some things.

PS. I love God of War!

KJAX90
I know dude it's cool. just having a good discussion. cory
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
corybalrog I know It'll probablly never happen...but IF you directed a GOW game for the wii *you could use the same ps2 graphics, I think it looks great from an artistic direction*.....how would you make use of the wiimote and nunchuck. Obviously using the mote/chuck combo for those chain knifes comes to mind.
KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#254 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="KJAX90"]

[QUOTE="corybarlog"]

Oh jesus please dont tell me you are saying that playing videogames will make you a killer?

cory

When the hell did I even imply that? I am saying that I have heard multiple stories about killers "getting started" playing violent videogames. Personally, I think it's total **** But many people think otherwise. Don't you ever watch the news?

corybarlog

good...it seemed as though you were saying you believed the media hype that playing games makes you into a killer.

There have been horrible people doing horrible things to people long before Televeision, movies, and video games. The fact of the matter is some peopole have within them the capability to do horrible things to other people. They will do this regardless of movies, TV, or video games.

cory

Agree 100% But people these days (Jack FTL) really take videogames the wrong direction.

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#255 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
We make an M rated game for adults....if kids get thier hands on it it is out of our hands. That is the retailers, the parents and the ESRB's job to police that stuff. I mean I wouldnt want people to stop making R rated movies because kids sneak into the theeater to see them. That would be just silly. It is relevant in the time period we are portraying...sexuality was not as taboo back then as it is now...and we have always said we are doing a Heavy Metal Magazine meets Clash of the Titans type of thing...it is our take. Our creative choices.corybarlog
Firstly, let me just make it clear that I don't think video games create killers. I spent ages 10-16 playing shooters almost non-stop - and I'm too much of a wuss to kill anybody. :P On topic: You can represent the sexuality of the era without having the gamer participate in it. So, you're saying the inclusion of that mini-game was for artistic relevance - and not at all an appeal to the horny adolescents that make up a large percentage of today's gamers?
TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts
i heard the god of war II team got a paid vacation to greece.
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 corybarlog

corybalrog I know It'll probablly never happen...but IF you directed a GOW game for the wii *you could use the same ps2 graphics, I think it looks great from an artistic direction*.....how would you make use of the wiimote and nunchuck. Obviously using the mote/chuck combo for those chain knifes comes to mind.Shinobishyguy

Well there are tons of ways to utlize the controllers..but I played God of War 1 with that Onimusha Katana controller...and it really did nothing for me. I know it was not the greatest controller or anything, but still....when I play the game I want the dual analog controller and the buttons. They are just more precise for that type of game. Not saying that the wii controller sucks...so no get all crazy...I am just saying for this type of game you would only use the motion sensing stuff if it really made the game feel better.

Since I have not really researched this I would say "I don't know." But if we do make another God of War for PS3 I will be looking at the ways we can use the sixaxis that really do make the play experience better. If I was designing for the wii I would do the same thing. I wouldn't use it just to use it...it would have to have a real benefit from a gameplay perspective.

cory

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Heedle , I don't think you have to be an adolescent to get a kick out of it. As an older gamer myself , I think it is kind of humorous that it is in there and not a big deal.

corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 corybarlog

[QUOTE="corybarlog"]We make an M rated game for adults....if kids get thier hands on it it is out of our hands. That is the retailers, the parents and the ESRB's job to police that stuff. I mean I wouldnt want people to stop making R rated movies because kids sneak into the theeater to see them. That would be just silly. It is relevant in the time period we are portraying...sexuality was not as taboo back then as it is now...and we have always said we are doing a Heavy Metal Magazine meets Clash of the Titans type of thing...it is our take. Our creative choices.HeedleGlavin
Firstly, let me just make it clear that I don't think video games create killers. I spent ages 10-16 playing shooters almost non-stop - and I'm too much of a wuss to kill anybody. :P On topic: You can represent the sexuality of the era without having the gamer participate in it. So, you're saying the inclusion of that mini-game was for artistic relevance - and not at all an appeal to the horny adolescents that make up a large percentage of today's gamers?

"You can represent the sexuality of the era without having the gamer participate in it"

that is a great point..and I think you should pursue that and make a game that represents the beliefs that you have. We don't share the same philosphy of game design, but that is cool. That is why there is such a diverse selection of games out there.

"So, you're saying the inclusion of that mini-game was for artistic relevance - and not at all an appeal to the horny adolescents that make up a large percentage of today's gamers? "

That is exactly what I am saying.

cory

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]corybalrog I know It'll probablly never happen...but IF you directed a GOW game for the wii *you could use the same ps2 graphics, I think it looks great from an artistic direction*.....how would you make use of the wiimote and nunchuck. Obviously using the mote/chuck combo for those chain knifes comes to mind.corybarlog

Well there are tons of ways to utlize the controllers..but I played God of War 1 with that Onimusha Katana controller...and it really did nothing for me. I know it was not the greatest controller or anything, but still....when I play the game I want the dual analog controller and the buttons. They are just more precise for that type of game. Not saying that the wii controller sucks...so no get all crazy...I am just saying for this type of game you would only use the motion sensing stuff if it really made the game feel better.

Since I have not really researched this I would say "I don't know." But if we do make another God of War for PS3 I will be looking at the ways we can use the sixaxis that really do make the play experience better. If I was designing for the wii I would do the same thing. I wouldn't use it just to use it...it would have to have a real benefit from a gameplay perspective.

cory

I could also think about some ways to use the motion sensing during the sex minigames:lol:. But yeah, I'm not saying that it has to be ALL motion sensing, just for certain attacks and weapons, you could still use buttons for jumping and such. But those timed button pressing events would be pretty sweet with motion specific gestures.
iwishiwasrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#261 iwishiwasrich
Member since 2006 • 616 Posts

apparently he has never played zelda or red steel.
jessmo30_basic
zeldas good red steel was..... not as good as i hoped it kinda suked.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#262 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
You can represent the sexuality of the era without having the gamer participate in it" that is a great point..and I think you should pursue that and make a game that represents the beliefs that you have. We don't share the same philosphy of game design, but that is cool. That is why there is such a diverse selection of games out there.corybarlog
Fair enough.
"So, you're saying the inclusion of that mini-game was for artistic relevance - and not at all an appeal to the horny adolescents that make up a large percentage of today's gamers? " That is exactly what I am saying.corybarlog
I know you don't care - but, I don't believe that for a second. Furthermore, I doubt anyone else would believe it either. But, hey, the original GoW was an amazing game - can't wait to play the sequel. :)
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Here is an idea for God of War III.

Kratos should have a boomerang , but when you beat the game you can have the boomerang be the original ps3 controller design.

Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
Here is an idea for God of War III.

Kratos should have a boomerang , but when you beat the game you can have the boomerang be the original ps3 controller design.

Nike_Air
heh, kind of like when you beat the first game you can play through the game as a cow. :lol:
DMWhiteDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 DMWhiteDragon
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

I think the Wii's controls have alot of merit, but there are major development issues too.

Swinging a sword realisticly for one, remember the Wii doesn't track *you* just the Wiimote itself and the nunchuck. If you hands are left of center of your body the system doesn't know, if you are shorter or just have your hands low... how can it know the difference? ... your attacks wont match up correctly so gestures are what we all end up with instead.

I did have a thought the other day, removing the nunchuck and make a new attachment like an shoulder strap with a sensor in it. With the strap around your should/armpit and the wiimote in your hand you can at *any point* (perhaps with one calibration for arm length) know where/how to render the correct placements (perhaps this issue led to the removal of the full sword use in red steel?)

Of course that same strap could be useful for other things than just full real sword fighting... but yea i dont have a Wii dev kit to 'try my skills' ;) i have to much coding to do just to make ends meet :(

I do love the controls when i play Zelda: TP however as i lazy around on the couch with one arm up over the side and the other down beside me... nice and comfy heh

So i guess i agree in some respects with him i do think there is alot of potential missed that could have been absolutely awesome. But there is still hope and alot of fun cool stuff we can do still as it is, im still loving the Wii but i play my 360 and PC more often

No PS3 here yet of course and i can't afford one anyways :(.... anyone want to buy me one? lol

corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 corybarlog

well I am gonna head out now and play some WOW...it was great talking to you guys!  I really do look forward to hearing about what you think of the game after you play it. 

Cory

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

well I am gonna head out now and play some WOW...it was great talking to you guys! I really do look forward to hearing about what you think of the game after you play it.

Cory

corybarlog
Thanks for stopping by.

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#268 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
I really could care less what he has to say. He's probably prevented by a contract or some document against bashing Sony. And if he hasnt played what is considered the best Wii game, then he shouldnt judge it. Any fanboy would call him out for speaking without knowing what he is talking about.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#269 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I haven't heard of any bashing of him.  People who do though are pathetic.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  I'm embarressed as a Nintendo fan to read that blog.
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#270 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
So Sony hasn't given you the green light for GoW3? Btw, what about other titles? Are you people considering trying something out of the GoW universe? Also, how many more sequels can we expect from the GoW series? corybarlog
Not yet...we are still wating to see how the fans respond to god of war 2 before we do anything. As far as how many sequels this will have...I really want to finsh the story we started, and that will finsih if we do God of War 3. From there I think the God of War team will move on to something new, but the God of War universe will still be open and have many possiblities for expansion. cory

God of War FPS, confirmed. That's a little Luke Smith there for yeah.
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts
LOL u guys are probably  talking to a fanboy right know.He hasn't tell u anything i don't already knew about GOW2.He not cory.People do this in SW all the time.
KrazyKev26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 KrazyKev26
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts
uhh dude that actually is Cory he even wrote about this thread on his blog not too long ago.
Avatar image for elessartelrunya
elessartelrunya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 elessartelrunya
Member since 2004 • 379 Posts
I love how when people are given access to the internet and a keyboard/mouse, they think their opinions matter. Point is, its his personal blog which means he (like everyone else) is entitled to their opinion. But the difference is that most of us, while **** about how he doesn't like his Wii (which i personally didn't enjoy as much as i had hoped) are playing God of War 1 and soon 2 as well...
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#274 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
he's obviously not a fanboy, he just doesn't like the wii very much. And besides, who the hell ever even heard of this guy before he started bashing on nintendo?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
So what that's his opinion, Wii will still sell like crazy and there a lot of developers who would love to code for it.
Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
he's obviously not a fanboy, he just doesn't like the wii very much. And besides, who the hell ever even heard of this guy before he started bashing on nintendo?chutup
*raises hand.*
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 rahzel31
Member since 2004 • 2373 Posts
LOL u guys are probably  talking to a fanboy right know.He hasn't tell u anything i don't already knew about GOW2.He not cory.People do this in SW all the time.jujutheking
Fix up your spelling and grammar, dude.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
I doubt he'll be coming back, just thought i'd say, that i'll probably buy GOW 2 just because of the great PR this guy is doing ... i duno why, it's just giving me faith that he did really good work with GOW2.

(I probably woulda borrowed it from a friend like i did the first one).

teh_ownerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 teh_ownerer
Member since 2005 • 2037 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="dimar19"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"]
Wii has a Gamecube game, PS3 has Resistance and Virtua Fighter 5. PS3 > Wii, for now.
super_mario_128

LOL. Zelda - 8.8, Mario Ware - AAA. Wii mote.

Who cares about Resistance?

Who cares about friggin' Wario Ware? I sure as hell don't. Wiimote, once again I don't care.

awesome? Because the 4mil + people who bought it sure do ;)

Wheres the All Blacks in that pic?
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts
OMG!  DAMN! I went to sleep a little early and then I find out I missed out on Cory! Noooooooooo!  Well I hope it's not too late to say "sup cory"!  I'm a big fan... loved GoW and I'm sooo looking forward to playing GoW2.. keep up the good work, I hope you come here often... and just want to give you some advice since I can see you're an open minded gamer... don't let the fanboys get to you.   :)
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
who cares who he is. god of war is soo like zelda just boobs and guts.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
He seems truthful.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
Cory is there a possibility that I can get GoW faster.:P
I can't wait:x Game looks freaking good.
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

uhh dude that actually is Cory he even wrote about this thread on his blog not too long ago.KrazyKev26

link

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#286 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

[QUOTE="KrazyKev26"]uhh dude that actually is Cory he even wrote about this thread on his blog not too long ago.jujutheking

link

http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/
viralhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 viralhunter
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
[QUOTE="viralhunter"]

cory, while I see where you're coming from for the most part and I partially agree with you on some points.  You really arn't giving us enough information to go on, you just seem to be saying " I didn't feel like its the f***ing future" and "It didn't fell f***ing accurate enough" over and over again.  You mentioned how trama center isn't as effective as the DS version and thats all well and good.  I think you're just not clear enough, and people are mistaking you for attempting to attack nintnedo as a whole, try clarifying what your gripes are with the system.

EDIT:  now that I remember, your whole studio has sailor mouths as evident in the bonus movies in GOW.  Heh, I'm not making fun of you but now I remember thats just who you guys are.

corybarlog

It breaks down like this. I just got a wii as a gift from the designers on God of War 2. I played it for a week and I was posting m y impressions of it. I am not going to sell it, or give up on it...but I did have issues with certain things so I posted those issues. I so completely looked forward to trauma center...so when it was not responding the way I thought it should I was dissapointed...but after playing more of it I still think it is not perfect...but it is not bad at all. It is however much harder than it's DS cousin...which is sad because I most likely wont have the time to get through it all. So in the end...it is me posting my first week impressions on my new toy. that's all. cory

yeah, and i do believe that the tech needs more time to develop in order to create better products and more innovative controls (and this is coming from a mantisheep). We havn't seen any games that have taken full advantage of the wiimote, so we'll probably see some much better developed games in the future.

EDIT:  BTW I have the most utmost respect for you as a developer on a matsterpiece and I believe that your doing a great job and will continue to percivere in the future.

mohammad112388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 mohammad112388
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

I bought Zelda for my GC about two months before I got a wii...I am halfway through it so I didn't really want to start over on the wii.

As for Red Steel...I haven't heard too many good things about it so I am going to maybe rent it and play it before I buy it.

Anyone played it here and liked it?  Would love to hear more opinons on it other than the review sites.

cory

corybarlog

Cory...dude, you need to stop writing cory at the end of every post you make. We know it is you by your username

EDIT And wold you people Stop saying it is not him, because it is. He even wrote it in his blog.

mrgokugf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 mrgokugf
Member since 2005 • 1788 Posts
although I'm too lazy to scroll through 30 pages of ZOMG DA GOD OF WAR SCEIA?!I? DEVELAPA!!!, you made a good decision to play TP on GC
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#290 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]who cares who he is. god of war is soo like zelda just boobs and guts.

Quiet Nintendo fanboy.
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#291 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
I actually thought that the TC was talking about David Jaffe at first. Though Nintendo fanboys need to calm down, not everyone is going to like the Wii.

If you're going to criticize someones opinion, go criticize yo_foo.
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#292 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]who cares who he is. god of war is soo like zelda just boobs and guts.

:lol:You obviously never played God of War if that's what you truly believe. 
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
:lol:
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#294 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

I bought Zelda for my GC about two months before I got a wii...I am halfway through it so I didn't really want to start over on the wii.

As for Red Steel...I haven't heard too many good things about it so I am going to maybe rent it and play it before I buy it.

Anyone played it here and liked it?  Would love to hear more opinons on it other than the review sites.

cory

corybarlog

Personally, by GS's standards, I would give it a 7/10, but for the most part, I would not suggest buying/renting it. It leaves one with an even worse impression of the Wii. It was my first Wii game, so it made Twilight Princess seem like God's gift to gaming.

It's an alright game, it just has a flaws that prevent it from being anything but average. Some other games that might make the Wii seem more appealing and also use the Wiimote well would beSonic: Secret Rings, Warioware, and even Madden, which is surprisingly good.

bobbalrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 bobbalrog
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts

Cory...dude, you need to stop writing cory at the end of every post you make. We know it is you by your username

EDIT And wold you people Stop saying it is not him, because it is. He even wrote it in his blog.

writing cory in the end of everything is just his thing even in his blog he does that so... xD