GOW2 developer reponds to Nintendo community bashing him or his anti wii comment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts
http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/2007/02/ahh-kotaku.html

apparently he has never played zelda or red steel.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Don't bring up Red Steel.
PS2Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS2Hawk
Member since 2003 • 4180 Posts

apparently he has never played zelda or red steel.
jessmo30_basic
do u really need to play Red Steel ?
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts
I am starting to dislike Sony and anyone affiliated with Sony.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
I couldn't read his blog at all. I kept thinking it was written by one of the local SW fanboys. I ended up with a headache. :(
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
If he wants to bash Wii it's his business, I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to, more so when he works 1st party for Sony.
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 corybarlog
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

I bought Zelda for my GC about two months before I got a wii...I am halfway through it so I didn't really want to start over on the wii.

As for Red Steel...I haven't heard too many good things about it so I am going to maybe rent it and play it before I buy it.

Anyone played it here and liked it?  Would love to hear more opinons on it other than the review sites.

cory

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
I am starting to dislike Sony and anyone affiliated with Sony.lild1425
same. indirect bashing FTL.
Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
I love the reference to "church of Nintendo". It sure seems that way sometimes. Same with Apple, and he picked on the Apple fanatics a bit at the end too.
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
That Cory guy is right about everything. 
books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 books83
Member since 2005 • 3733 Posts

Don't bring up Red Steel.solidsnakeEx3

Red Steel really wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it.

corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 corybarlog
I love the reference to "church of Nintendo". It sure seems that way sometimes. Same with Apple, and he picked on the Apple fanatics a bit at the end too.Corvin
Well I picked on the idea of blind fanatascism...but I am sure it will be taken as anti apple...which rules. I just think the irony is being lost on all the people calling me closed minded and quick to judge...the same people who close thier minds to the opinions of others and quickly judge the things I say based on a excerpt posted on a nintendo website with a headline of "GOW 2 dev hates the wii so much he wants to kill himself...let's get him!!!" :) cory
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
I'll only forgive him if he's not a native speaker of English.
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 corybarlog
I'll only forgive him if he's not a native speaker of English.Tristam22
I speak jive...does that count? cory
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 corybarlog

[QUOTE="solidsnakeEx3"]Don't bring up Red Steel.books83

Red Steel really wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it.

What about it did you enjoy? (That is a serious question...I want to know if it is worth a purchase or if I should just wait) cory
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Sheep want to force Red Steel on him ? That ought to change his mind.:?

TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheCrimsonKoopa

Nike_Air

Funny. :P
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts

Nike_Air
It will show theWiis graphical power at least//
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
wow...is this guy really directing GOW2? The way he keeps on dropping those f-bombs really sounds un-professional..
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 corybarlog
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]Sheep want to force Red Steel on him ? That ought to change his mind.:?

poopinloop32

Yeah but graphics don't mean much to me...I could care less. I want a fun and engaging gaming experience, if the gameplay is no good then I would rather just watch some vids to see the pretty graphics. cory
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 corybarlog
wow...is this guy really directing GOW2? The way he keeps on dropping those f-bombs really sounds un-professional..Shinobishyguy
Well I am not currently directing as I am writing on this forum or anything...I am on vacation...I can't swear on vacation? cory
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
    This blog can't be true. Tell me its just Kotaku playing around with their anti PS3 propoganda. If this is true then this guy seriously needs to get slapped. People at Sony seriously need to shut up. Who cares if fans from a rival system bash him. I expect PR guys to take cheap shots at other systems but when you actually retaliate to the fans in such an unprofessional manner then that is just stupid. The unprofessionalism of these jokers at Sony seems to show no end. This is just pathetic in my opinion. A man that has created a AAA game and well on his way to another one shouldn't even respond to angry web fanboys.
Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

OMG OH NOES!

SOMEONE HAD A NEGATIVE OPINION ABOUT NINTENDO AND MENTIONED IT PUBLICLY!!!

HE MUST BE SOME SORT OF EVIL DEMON BENT ON KILLING EVERYONE IN THE WORLD!!!

I'm gonna start packing my bomb shelter, since I'm so terrified.

TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]Sheep want to force Red Steel on him ? That ought to change his mind.:?

corybarlog

Yeah but graphics don't mean much to me...I could care less. I want a fun and engaging gaming experience, if the gameplay is no good then I would rather just watch some vids to see the pretty graphics. cory

If you want a fun and engaging experience then stick with your 360 and PS3 for now, wait untill the Wii gets some half decent games out.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
    This blog can't be true. Tell me its just Kotaku playing around with their anti PS3 propoganda. If this is true then this guy seriously needs to get slapped. People at Sony seriously need to shut up. Who cares if fans from a rival system bash him. I expect PR guys to take cheap shots at other systems but when you actually retaliate to the fans in such an unprofessional manner then that is just stupid. The unprofessionalism of these jokers at Sony seems to show no end. This is just pathetic in my opinion. A man that has created a AAA game and well on his way to another one shouldn't even respond to angry web fanboys.Blackbond
exactly! What the hell is he even doing on the system wars!? This place is like the sewer system of the gaming industry!
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]wow...is this guy really directing GOW2? The way he keeps on dropping those f-bombs really sounds un-professional..corybarlog
Well I am not currently directing as I am writing on this forum or anything...I am on vacation...I can't swear on vacation? cory

No, you can't actually. :P
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 corybarlog
    This blog can't be true. Tell me its just Kotaku playing around with their anti PS3 propoganda. If this is true then this guy seriously needs to get slapped. People at Sony seriously need to shut up. Who cares if fans from a rival system bash him. I expect PR guys to take cheap shots at other systems but when you actually retaliate to the fans in such an unprofessional manner then that is just stupid. The unprofessionalism of these jokers at Sony seems to show no end. This is just pathetic in my opinion. A man that has created a AAA game and well on his way to another one shouldn't even respond to angry web fanboys.Blackbond
retaliate to the fans? huh? I am confused here. I play a ton of games...therefor I consider myself a gamer...a part of this community. How is it unprofessional for me to continue a dialogue in this community? While people who could be called fanboys may have an extreme opionion I still value hearing it and talking about. cory
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts
Red Steel is a terrible game. The controls are shoddy and the shooting is poor. 
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
Did you read his blog? Including the original one? His coworkers bought him a Wii, and he gave his impressions of it. He had both negative AND positive things to say about it. But of course, Kotaku wouldn't publish the good things he said, because how can a story be juicy and controversial if you highlight the positives? :roll: Truth is, he's just a Wii consumer who's giving his thoughts on the product. He's not using his blog as a propoganda tool for Sony. And I think people should really read what he actually said in the context he said it in before passing judgment.

Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with him writing a blog to clarify himself, especially when the media has misquoted him intentionally to generate controversy.
corybarlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 corybarlog

exactly! What the hell is he even doing on the system wars!? This place is like the sewer system of the gaming industry!

I saw the link form my blog so I thought I would check it out. If I am not welcome I will head out. carry on. cory
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
I am starting to dislike Sony and anyone affiliated with Sony.lild1425

WElcome to my world.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"] This blog can't be true. Tell me its just Kotaku playing around with their anti PS3 propoganda. If this is true then this guy seriously needs to get slapped. People at Sony seriously need to shut up. Who cares if fans from a rival system bash him. I expect PR guys to take cheap shots at other systems but when you actually retaliate to the fans in such an unprofessional manner then that is just stupid. The unprofessionalism of these jokers at Sony seems to show no end. This is just pathetic in my opinion. A man that has created a AAA game and well on his way to another one shouldn't even respond to angry web fanboys.fuzzysquash
Did you read his blog? Including the original one? His coworkers bought him a Wii, and he gave his impressions of it. He had both negative AND positive things to say about it. But of course, Kotaku wouldn't publish the good things he said, because how can a story be juicy and controversial if you highlight the positives? :roll: Truth is, he's just a Wii consumer who's giving his thoughts on the product. He's not using his blog as a propoganda tool for Sony. And I think people should really read what he actually said in the context he said it in before passing judgment and calling him pathetic.

No I'm just saying why did he even coment back? This guy is a good dev who has made a AAA game and well on his way to another AAA. Why would you bother wasting your time trying to talk back to angry web fanboys. This is no Sony propoganda but you can bet your last dollar Kotaku the anti PS3 people will spin this off as Sony being arrogant and unprofessional again. At this stage in the game with all the PR misteps Sony needs to duct tape everyone's mouths shut.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
[QUOTE="corybarlog"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]Sheep want to force Red Steel on him ? That ought to change his mind.:?

TheCrimsonKoopa

If you want a fun and engaging experience then stick with your 360 and PS3 for now, wait untill the Wii gets some half decent games out.

ps3?
sdelaney86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 sdelaney86
Member since 2005 • 4190 Posts
So he has a PS3, and XBOX360, a Wii, a DS, and a PSP. Likes XBOX360 games, likes DS games, likes PS3 games, and doesn't yet think that the Wii is the future. I think his opinion is more valid than most people's on here, including my own, since I lack a Wii or XBOX360.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
jessmo30_basic

"and I have a ps3 that I love...", I stopped reading here
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts

No I'm just saying why did he even coment back? This guy is a good dev who has made a AAA game and well on his way to another AAA. Why would you bother wasting your time trying to talk back to angry web fanboys. This is no Sony propoganda but you can bet your last dollar Kotaku the anti PS3 people will spin this off as Sony being arrogant and unprofessional again. At this stage in the game with all the PR misteps Sony needs to duct tape everyone's mouths shut.
Blackbond

So, because he was made a video game, he's not allowed to be a part of the community? He's a gamer just like us, he has opinions just like us. Isn't it a good thing that he's not sitting up in an ivory tower ignoring everything and doing his own thing?
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="Blackbond"] This blog can't be true. Tell me its just Kotaku playing around with their anti PS3 propoganda. If this is true then this guy seriously needs to get slapped. People at Sony seriously need to shut up. Who cares if fans from a rival system bash him. I expect PR guys to take cheap shots at other systems but when you actually retaliate to the fans in such an unprofessional manner then that is just stupid. The unprofessionalism of these jokers at Sony seems to show no end. This is just pathetic in my opinion. A man that has created a AAA game and well on his way to another one shouldn't even respond to angry web fanboys.Blackbond
Did you read his blog? Including the original one? His coworkers bought him a Wii, and he gave his impressions of it. He had both negative AND positive things to say about it. But of course, Kotaku wouldn't publish the good things he said, because how can a story be juicy and controversial if you highlight the positives? :roll: Truth is, he's just a Wii consumer who's giving his thoughts on the product. He's not using his blog as a propoganda tool for Sony. And I think people should really read what he actually said in the context he said it in before passing judgment and calling him pathetic.

Okay, I understand, but put yourself in his shoes. Let's say you just bought a new console and you want to post your impressions of it on your blog. Some game site comes along, takes your words out of context, and posts them. Being a high-profile developer, your misrepresented comments spread like wildfire. Wouldn't you want to clarify yourself?
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"] This blog can't be true. Tell me its just Kotaku playing around with their anti PS3 propoganda. If this is true then this guy seriously needs to get slapped. People at Sony seriously need to shut up. Who cares if fans from a rival system bash him. I expect PR guys to take cheap shots at other systems but when you actually retaliate to the fans in such an unprofessional manner then that is just stupid. The unprofessionalism of these jokers at Sony seems to show no end. This is just pathetic in my opinion. A man that has created a AAA game and well on his way to another one shouldn't even respond to angry web fanboys.corybarlog
retaliate to the fans? huh? I am confused here. I play a ton of games...therefor I consider myself a gamer...a part of this community. How is it unprofessional for me to continue a dialogue in this community? While people who could be called fanboys may have an extreme opionion I still value hearing it and talking about. cory

Still in some for or another you aren't just here because you're a gamer, else you wouldn't even claim that you are who you are. Anyway, its not something that I would really care about, but people will always disagree. Its something people will have to get used too, specially when someone is working in an area that alot of people take to seriously. Just for the fun of it........... Love you're work, keep it up.
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="jessmo30_basic"]http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/2007/02/ahh-kotaku.html
dimar19

"and I have a ps3 that I love...", I stopped reading here

Double standards, eh? You can bash the PS3, but he can't express his somewhat negative opinion about the Wii?
jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts
Cory My friends and I have some questions?

1 Will GOW3 be on ps3 or ps2?

2. Have you read up on,or are you a fan of nintedons other big games coming this year? Metroid,smash brothers mario galaxy, fire emblem, or third party releases Like Resident evil :UC, FF: CC man hunt 2, ect?

3. How long is GOw 2?

4. Do you think sony screwed up the launch at all?
SkyRaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 SkyRaid
Member since 2004 • 2001 Posts
GoW>Anything on the Wii.

Maybe not on the GC.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts

Double standards, eh? You can bash the PS3, but he can't express his somewhat negative opinion about the Wii?
TheCrimsonKoopa

Wii has two pretty good games, PS3 - zero. Everyone who said how he love PS3 - liar
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="Blackbond"] This blog can't be true. Tell me its just Kotaku playing around with their anti PS3 propoganda. If this is true then this guy seriously needs to get slapped. People at Sony seriously need to shut up. Who cares if fans from a rival system bash him. I expect PR guys to take cheap shots at other systems but when you actually retaliate to the fans in such an unprofessional manner then that is just stupid. The unprofessionalism of these jokers at Sony seems to show no end. This is just pathetic in my opinion. A man that has created a AAA game and well on his way to another one shouldn't even respond to angry web fanboys.fuzzysquash

Okay, I understand, but put yourself in his shoes. Let's say you just bought a new console and you want to post your impressions of it on your blog. Some game site comes along, takes your words out of context, and posts them. Being a high-profile developer, your misrepresented comments spread like wildfire. Wouldn't you want to clarify yourself?

Yes I would but in a professional manner. This can't look good for a company when one of their most talented devs lowers himself to using profanity towards anyone publically. This is just going to end up as another negitive towards Sony. You know how the media is these days. The media turns everything into a negitive.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
This is so tyipcal of sheep. The Wii gets bashed and they act like their Gods were insulted. If you cant see the so-called revelation, you are considered a non-believer and should be burned. I think sheep like their Jeff extra crispy.
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
Seriously if you are bashing him for that then you need to get your head out of Nintendo's arse.
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"]
dimar19

Wii has two pretty good games, PS3 - zero. Everyone who said how he love PS3 - liar

Wii has a Gamecube game, PS3 has Resistance and Virtua Fighter 5. PS3 > Wii, for now.