GoW Breaks Record For Most Award Nominations Ever!

  • 94 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for KBFloYd
#51 Posted by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@lundy86_4 said:

So... Argument from Ignorance. Dude... Try harder.

wow, defending sony blindfolded.

you achieved elite cow status. wear your fanboy badge with pride.

We heard it here folks! Lundy is a Cow. I've achieved Hermit/Cow/Sheep/Lem status and have become an all-powerful being over the years... Bow before my might!

Argument from Ignorance, bud! Sorry.

you fooled me good..... congrats non-fanboy!

Avatar image for XVision84
#52 Posted by XVision84 (15560 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:

all these nominations and no one is buying it. lol

they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I mean, that's not really true.

actually its very true. So true that the last numbers we had was like 3 days after launch.

Not only that, but they released numbers for spiderman last week but not a peep of god of war. spider man sold 9 million which means god of war is less than that.

if you think 8 million is terrific sales for this game then there is no need to reply to me. i disagree.

What? God of War passed 9 million players way back in August: https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-surpasses-9-million-players.65720/

Avatar image for XVision84
#53 Posted by XVision84 (15560 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

@KBFloYd: It's a very critically acclaimed game, plus a lot of fun to play I'm sure. Nevertheless, they no doubt expected it do better than it has. This is God of War after all, one of Sony's heaviest hitters.

yup splatoon 2 sold 8 million and its a new ip on a system with 30Million!

ps4 exclusives sell like shit.

I hear ya KB. The exclusives sell so poorly that they keep making sequels. Sony made 4 Uncharted's out of their dedication to their fanbase, despite losing a lot of cash on each iteration :P.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#54 Posted by lundy86_4 (52323 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

you fooled me good..... congrats non-fanboy!

I didn't fool you at all, I didn't attempt to, not that it would be difficult... I stated you had no data beyond the 3-day release... You argued that Sony not releasing figures was a sign of admitting the game did not sell well. However, what you're stating is an "Argument from Ignorance..." As in, you're using Sony's lack of stating figures as evidence that the sales were lackluster.

Therefore, your posts are kinda crap.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#55 Edited by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:

all these nominations and no one is buying it. lol

they talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I mean, that's not really true.

actually its very true. So true that the last numbers we had was like 3 days after launch.

Not only that, but they released numbers for spiderman last week but not a peep of god of war. spider man sold 9 million which means god of war is less than that.

if you think 8 million is terrific sales for this game then there is no need to reply to me. i disagree.

What? God of War passed 9 million players way back in August: https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-surpasses-9-million-players.65720/

da fuk does the amount of players have to do with anything?

so this was back in august. so it could be at 10 or 12 million now?

see, this is why hiding numbers is bad. now fans of the game have to use kind of garbage as a measure of sales lol

spiderman outsold it last year on the npd full year sales chart. and a week ago sony announced 9 million sales for spiderman WW. which means god of war sold even less than 9 million.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#56 Posted by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

@KBFloYd: It's a very critically acclaimed game, plus a lot of fun to play I'm sure. Nevertheless, they no doubt expected it do better than it has. This is God of War after all, one of Sony's heaviest hitters.

yup splatoon 2 sold 8 million and its a new ip on a system with 30Million!

ps4 exclusives sell like shit.

I hear ya KB. The exclusives sell so poorly that they keep making sequels. Sony made 4 Uncharted's out of their dedication to their fanbase, despite losing a lot of cash on each iteration :P.

yay for the gamers!

not so good for fanboy fueds like this one though.

take your shitty 8 million out of 100million customers and try again next gen sony lol.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#57 Edited by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@KBFloYd said:

you fooled me good..... congrats non-fanboy!

I didn't fool you at all, I didn't attempt to, not that it would be difficult... I stated you had no data beyond the 3-day release... You argued that Sony not releasing figures was a sign of admitting the game did not sell well. However, what you're stating is an "Argument from Ignorance..." As in, you're using Sony's lack of stating figures as evidence that the sales were lackluster.

Therefore, your posts are kinda crap.

so you know exactly what's going on. so you are replying to me for what exactly?

you think i might slip my finger on my keyboard break my hand and not be able to post on your pwecious little game anymore?

or what?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#58 Posted by lundy86_4 (52323 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

so you know exactly what's going on. so you are replying to me for what exactly?

you think i might slip my finger on my keyboard break my hand and not be able to post on pwecious little game anymore?

or what?

Why i'm replying to you is pretty obvious... You said something idiotic. I'm not sure where to go from here *shrug*

Avatar image for XVision84
#59 Posted by XVision84 (15560 posts) -

@KBFloYd: You're saying that PS4 owners don't even play their exclusives, yet God of War had over 9 million players back in August. The only way you can play the game is by buying it yourself or borrowing it from a friend.

Considering both games are slated to have sequels, and both Sony and their respective developers are extremely happy about the games' reception, I wouldn't worry about sales lol. At the end of the day that's all that matters, not Sony constantly keeping customers informed on the exact number of units sold well after launch.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#60 Edited by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@KBFloYd: You're saying that PS4 owners don't even play their exclusives, yet God of War had over 9 million players back in August. The only way you can play the game is by buying it yourself or borrowing it from a friend.

Considering both games are slated to have sequels, and both Sony and their respective developers are extremely happy about the games' reception, I wouldn't worry about sales lol. At the end of the day that's all that matters, not Sony constantly keeping customers informed on the exact number of units sold well after launch.

ask any developer which they'd rather have. Sales or Nominations.

Get back to me on what they say.

it's pathetic the sales sony muster up for their exclsuives. 90% of their fucking fanbase couldn't give a shit.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#63 Edited by lundy86_4 (52323 posts) -

@laylatambora77 said:

visit me https://77.senggugu.com/ get in information

Do one.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#64 Edited by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@laylatambora77 said:

visit me https://77.senggugu.com/ get in information

you look cute baby.

what do i get for 10 dollars?

Avatar image for XVision84
#65 Edited by XVision84 (15560 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@XVision84 said:

@KBFloYd: You're saying that PS4 owners don't even play their exclusives, yet God of War had over 9 million players back in August. The only way you can play the game is by buying it yourself or borrowing it from a friend.

Considering both games are slated to have sequels, and both Sony and their respective developers are extremely happy about the games' reception, I wouldn't worry about sales lol. At the end of the day that's all that matters, not Sony constantly keeping customers informed on the exact number of units sold well after launch.

ask any developer which they'd rather have. Sales or Nominations.

Get back to me on what they say.

it's pathetic the sales sony muster up for their exclsuives. 90% of their fucking fanbase couldn't give a shit.

Santa Monica and Insomniac don't need to choose. They have both lol.

Answer me this, why do they have sequels if the sales are shit? Shouldn't the studios be closed down? Or is Sony a non-profit charity? :O

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#66 Edited by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@XVision84 said:

@KBFloYd: You're saying that PS4 owners don't even play their exclusives, yet God of War had over 9 million players back in August. The only way you can play the game is by buying it yourself or borrowing it from a friend.

Considering both games are slated to have sequels, and both Sony and their respective developers are extremely happy about the games' reception, I wouldn't worry about sales lol. At the end of the day that's all that matters, not Sony constantly keeping customers informed on the exact number of units sold well after launch.

ask any developer which they'd rather have. Sales or Nominations.

Get back to me on what they say.

it's pathetic the sales sony muster up for their exclsuives. 90% of their fucking fanbase couldn't give a shit.

Santa Monica and Insomniac don't need to choose. They have both lol.

Answer me this, why do they have sequels if the sales are shit? Shouldn't the studios be closed down? Or is Sony a non-profit charity? :O

Sales should be much higher. They make enough to make another game but so do tons of other developers. so in that regard santa monica and insomniac are just another normal developer.

But to be the calibur of developer to have some of the best selling games of all time. That would be a great achievement! like nintendos 30 million in mario kart wii or 80million wii sports, pokemon blue/red's 30million or rockstar type numbers.

You would think with sony's 100 million chest beating sales developers like santa monica or insomniac can see that level of success and maybe even send their kids to harvard and buy a mansion. Instead, they living day to day because of sony's shitty deadweight console.

Avatar image for XVision84
#67 Posted by XVision84 (15560 posts) -

@KBFloYd: I judge caliber of developer by their actual product, not sales. I'll let the companies worry about sales, I'm more than happy to enjoy their games ;).

Avatar image for tigerbalm
#68 Posted by Tigerbalm (1064 posts) -

The best game for the best console.

Avatar image for Ross_the_Boss6
#69 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (3936 posts) -

Game is incredible

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#70 Posted by I_P_Daily (11017 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Well-deserved, even though I have no idea what NAVGTR is...

Also, the fact that CD3 is being brought into this thread... Cows have a serious hard-on for the game.

To be fair, Xbox fanboys can't actually focus on one PS4 game to hate on since there are so many. Instead, they resort to blanket statements like "movie game."

With there being so few Xbox exclusives, Sony fanboys don't have much of a choice.

Well if Sony made something other than movie games you might be onto something, but you're not :(

Whereas this is about a Sony "game" and yet here your fellow herd members are talking about Crackdown 3.

Even if Crackdown 3 scores low it already is a smash hit in the minds of you cows lol.

TCHBO.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#71 Posted by I_P_Daily (11017 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@i_p_daily: Don't fret, I've always told you buddy, there's nothing wrong with third place. Participation trophy is still a trophy :)

I play racing games mainly and this gen (and last) I've been running around in first place, I mean even Nintendo's remaster of Mario Kart wipes the floor with Sony's GT lol. Never fear though I will have fun in first place :)

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#72 Posted by I_P_Daily (11017 posts) -

@tigerbalm said:

The best movie games for the best movie console.

I can't believe what i'm about to say, but I agree with you.

Avatar image for vfighter
#73 Posted by VFighter (4595 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Your post are getting more idiototic by the moment and your argument is just trollish crap, maybe take a break and come back with some new material.

Avatar image for jeezers
#74 Posted by jeezers (2435 posts) -

Overated,

I'd rather play nier automata or bayonetta 2

Avatar image for xbhonner
#75 Posted by xbhonner (867 posts) -
@Juub1990 said:

Amazing but the credibility is suspect when freakin' Spider-Man got 21. A generic open-world game.

"a generic open world game"

Says xbox fans, who cant play the game on his Xbox

Avatar image for xbhonner
#76 Posted by xbhonner (867 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

@KBFloYd: Third party games rule the roost on PS4.

yea,

each call of duty sells like 20 million on there. NBA 2k games sell like 10million. GTA another 20 million. battlefield 10million each game.

thats like 60million of the ps4's 90 million install base right there. plus the people that buy it for blu-rays and netflix. plus the 9 million that actually buy exclsuives

and thats the ps4's greatness in a nutshell. GTA/call of duty and sports games..and exclusive scraps for the 10% of super hardcore fanboys.

greatness awaits...

are you a shitbox fanboy or a nintendo fanboy?

Avatar image for Juub1990
#77 Posted by Juub1990 (8384 posts) -

@xbhonner: I don’t have an Xbox. Haven’t owned one in almost 7 years.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#78 Posted by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@xbhonner said:
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

@KBFloYd: Third party games rule the roost on PS4.

yea,

each call of duty sells like 20 million on there. NBA 2k games sell like 10million. GTA another 20 million. battlefield 10million each game.

thats like 60million of the ps4's 90 million install base right there. plus the people that buy it for blu-rays and netflix. plus the 9 million that actually buy exclsuives

and thats the ps4's greatness in a nutshell. GTA/call of duty and sports games..and exclusive scraps for the 10% of super hardcore fanboys.

greatness awaits...

are you a shitbox fanboy or a nintendo fanboy?

look at my sig brah

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#79 Edited by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@KBFloYd: Your post are getting more idiototic by the moment and your argument is just trollish crap, maybe take a break and come back with some new material.

i think i'll stick with it for a while longer. No one seems to be disproving it yet.

Avatar image for xbhonner
#80 Posted by xbhonner (867 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@xbhonner said:
@KBFloYd said:

yea,

each call of duty sells like 20 million on there. NBA 2k games sell like 10million. GTA another 20 million. battlefield 10million each game.

thats like 60million of the ps4's 90 million install base right there. plus the people that buy it for blu-rays and netflix. plus the 9 million that actually buy exclsuives

and thats the ps4's greatness in a nutshell. GTA/call of duty and sports games..and exclusive scraps for the 10% of super hardcore fanboys.

greatness awaits...

are you a shitbox fanboy or a nintendo fanboy?

look at my sig brah

WHAT SIG?

Avatar image for xbhonner
#81 Posted by xbhonner (867 posts) -
@Juub1990 said:

@xbhonner: I don’t have an Xbox. Haven’t owned one in almost 7 years.

Good thing to hear

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#82 Edited by KBFloYd (21604 posts) -

@xbhonner said:
@KBFloYd said:
@xbhonner said:
@KBFloYd said:

yea,

each call of duty sells like 20 million on there. NBA 2k games sell like 10million. GTA another 20 million. battlefield 10million each game.

thats like 60million of the ps4's 90 million install base right there. plus the people that buy it for blu-rays and netflix. plus the 9 million that actually buy exclsuives

and thats the ps4's greatness in a nutshell. GTA/call of duty and sports games..and exclusive scraps for the 10% of super hardcore fanboys.

greatness awaits...

are you a shitbox fanboy or a nintendo fanboy?

look at my sig brah

WHAT SIG?

you cant see signatures? you might need to change your preferences.

this is my sig

Avatar image for xbhonner
#83 Posted by xbhonner (867 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@xbhonner said:
@KBFloYd said:
@xbhonner said:

are you a shitbox fanboy or a nintendo fanboy?

look at my sig brah

WHAT SIG?

you cant see signatures? you might need to change your preferences.

this is my sig

then i cant say anything about you

Avatar image for saltslasher
#84 Posted by SaltSlasher (938 posts) -

Just proved ponyism is out of control. I really wonder if you know this, but since System War didn't want to say that.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#85 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1297 posts) -

It sucks. Couldn't even finish it. Was stopped by another excruciating puzzle. American and European devs have no taste anymore. I find myself much more interested in Japanese games lately, like Nintendo, Resident Evil 2 and soon Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#86 Posted by PC_Rocks (1880 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@Juub1990: The only studio in history to nail the web swinging. I'd say it's well deserved.

Any Marvel/Comic fan like me will always praise Marvel's Spider-Man PS4, that game was indeed revolutionary over the previous Spider-Man games that has came before and despite it's repetitive, the swinging part was well done. A true sequel to Spider-Man 2 game we all be waiting for.

How was it revolutionary? What did it do that wasn't done millions of times before and arguably much better?

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#87 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2931 posts) -

@pc_rocks: The traversal through the city was done exceptionally well. So well that I rarely used the fast travel system.

Other then that it depends on if your a Marvel fan or Spiderman fan to be more specific. If the character has no interest to you its doubtful you would enjoy the game.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#88 Posted by BoxRekt (843 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

It sucks. Couldn't even finish it. Was stopped by another excruciating puzzle. American and European devs have no taste anymore. I find myself much more interested in Japanese games lately, like Nintendo, Resident Evil 2 and soon Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro.

lol says more about you than the game honestly.

You'll be better off sticking to those "mindless" games that MS puts out.

Avatar image for davillain-
#89 Posted by DaVillain- (35443 posts) -

@blackhairedhero said:

@pc_rocks: The traversal through the city was done exceptionally well. So well that I rarely used the fast travel system.

Other then that it depends on if your a Marvel fan or Spiderman fan to be more specific. If the character has no interest to you its doubtful you would enjoy the game.

Just as Blackhairedhero put it, I'll also add more.

After Spider-Man 2 release back on PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era, Activision kept releasing garbage Spider-Man games that took away the sandbox genre, it took a very long time to get a proper Spider-Man game until Sony got the rights to the series and gave it to a AAA developer and here we are, a AAA Spider-Man game and sure, it may not look revolutionary & it didn't set the world on fire, it just felt revolution of how good this Spider-Man game really is.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#90 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1297 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@ezekiel43 said:

It sucks. Couldn't even finish it. Was stopped by another excruciating puzzle. American and European devs have no taste anymore. I find myself much more interested in Japanese games lately, like Nintendo, Resident Evil 2 and soon Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro.

lol says more about you than the game honestly.

You'll be better off sticking to those "mindless" games that MS puts out.

No, it doesn't... I like puzzles. Zelda = good. Portal = good. Limbo = good. God of War =

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#91 Posted by That_Old_Guy (938 posts) -

@lundy86_4: cows have a hard on for CD3 like hermits and Lems have a hard on for every Sony exclusive called “movie game”.

Let’s not play the victim here or try and point fingers shall we.

We’re on a forum where the whole idea is to poke fun at the other guys.

Avatar image for dino7c
#92 Edited by dino7c (526 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:
@XVision84 said:

@KBFloYd: You're saying that PS4 owners don't even play their exclusives, yet God of War had over 9 million players back in August. The only way you can play the game is by buying it yourself or borrowing it from a friend.

Considering both games are slated to have sequels, and both Sony and their respective developers are extremely happy about the games' reception, I wouldn't worry about sales lol. At the end of the day that's all that matters, not Sony constantly keeping customers informed on the exact number of units sold well after launch.

ask any developer which they'd rather have. Sales or Nominations.

Get back to me on what they say.

it's pathetic the sales sony muster up for their exclsuives. 90% of their fucking fanbase couldn't give a shit.

Or maybe the Switch has 5 games made for it so all you clowns buy everything Nintendo releases

Of all things to bash Sony about quality games is pretty low on the list

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#93 Posted by PC_Rocks (1880 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@pc_rocks: The traversal through the city was done exceptionally well. So well that I rarely used the fast travel system.

Other then that it depends on if your a Marvel fan or Spiderman fan to be more specific. If the character has no interest to you its doubtful you would enjoy the game.

Just as Blackhairedhero put it, I'll also add more.

After Spider-Man 2 release back on PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era, Activision kept releasing garbage Spider-Man games that took away the sandbox genre, it took a very long time to get a proper Spider-Man game until Sony got the rights to the series and gave it to a AAA developer and here we are, a AAA Spider-Man game and sure, it may not look revolutionary & it didn't set the world on fire, it just felt revolution of how good this Spider-Man game really is.

That's not the answer to the question. How was it REVOLUTIONARY? What did it revolutionize or what did it bring to the table? All it did has been done in the industry for over two decades now and games that did it much better.

Saying Spiderman 2 was a good game on Xbox/PS2 and there haven't been a good Spiderman since is not answering my question. How was it revolutionary? It's your standard run of the mill open-world Ubisoft style game. The traversal and combat is ripped right out of Arkham games. Yes, I know people says but SPiderman 2 has the similar combat but it's false. It wasn't like that. The SPiderman combat is ripped right out of Arkham games and even Marvel admitted that Arkham was their inspiration, don't point me to that reductionist Angry Joe video. Spiderman PS4 was not even remotely close to the word revolutionary.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#94 Edited by Blackhairedhero (2931 posts) -

@pc_rocks: What does revolutionary have to do with it? That's some shit criteria you made up in order for it to be nominated for anything?

It's the first great Marvel game period! It does a combination of things well and when you say lots of games do the same things much better is absolutely false. Most great games borrow from other games.