Gotham Knights Gameplay (update: only targetting current gen machines)

• 56 results
regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Released today .. what are your thoughts?

They have dropped the X1 and PS4 and are only focusing on current gen systems and PC

https://www.windowscentral.com/gotham-knights-only-xbox-series-xs-pc-ps5

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Looks like a boring game that should have been a new batman game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46270 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks of this when he hears Redhood?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

This looked so dull and pathetically boring. The open world will be exactly like asscreed with one million busy work copy pasted markers, and that's your side content🤦‍♂️Elden Ring is so far ahead of open world games like these its kinda scary.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Looks... ...like a Batman/Bat-family game. For better and for worse.

Eh. Looks decent enough that I think I will play it at some stage, but not super hyped for it or anything.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Generic third person open world game. yawn!!.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Gotham shite

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Looks pretty good. Not really a big DC fan though so many of the characters and stuff don’t interest me a whole lot. Will keep an eye on this game though and see how it turns out.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Na, boring.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Well, that is good news for the dev teams. Less work.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Good to see that they are trying something new; same with that Suicide Squad game done by Rocksteady. But it looks pretty boring to me and I just don't care about these sidekicks or the Suicide Squad. Just give me more Batman.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@hardwenzen: yeah that great open world in Elden ring that had all that variety where you go one place and kill something, then go another place and kill everything that moved and then go to an entire third location and… wait was there actually anything to do in ER except just killing!??

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46270 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

@hardwenzen: yeah that great open world in Elden ring that had all that variety where you go one place and kill something, then go another place and kill everything that moved and then go to an entire third location and… wait was there actually anything to do in ER except just killing!??

Finding things to make killing easier

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Djoffer123

@R4gn4r0k: to be fair, most of those things required you to kill everything in sight to get to said item..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hardwenzen
@djoffer123 said:

I play video games to talk to stangers, actually. Its very disappointing to have incredible level design, best bosses in the industry, amazing art direction, tons and tons of things to try, etc. All of this is filler, i just wanted to talk to strangers in my video game. Killing in games is unimaginative.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Looking good, something I'll play at some point down the road

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@girlusocrazy said:

Combat looks floaty and shallow

And spammy. Typical shovelware that the mainstream is amazed by.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Djoffer123

@hardwenzen: yeah that great variety where you can sometime wack them with a halberd instead of a sword! And who needs a story when you can have best graphic on the ps3!!!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@djoffer123 said:

@hardwenzen: yeah that great variety where you can sometime wack them with a halberd instead of a sword! And who needs a story when you can have best graphic on the ps3!!!

With different move sets, scaling, specials/ashes of war. But this doesn't count, cuz you're still attacking enemies, which means its very repetitive. Its only a bad story to those who are used to CoD like story where they regurgitate you the narrative once every five minute😊You will get this in Gotham Knights, so please be excited.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup

That's Batmans combat in general. Always been shallow. It's interested in the visual presented and flow over depth.

Videos on Youtube, but basically you can play these style of games tapping a button without even looking at the screen.

Being hardcore, play the DMC. (the only good one)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@uninspiredcup said:

That's Batmans combat in general. Always been shallow. It's interested in the visual presented and flow over depth.

Videos on Youtube, but basically you can play these style of games tapping a button without even looking at the screen.

In other words, you can use your feet to play the game, and that's not a joke, but the actual reality how these games play out.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 uninspiredcup

@hardwenzen: Yea.

Not sure if Batman deserves credit for "button awesome" or Arseholes Creed as that was the same shit, only comparatively clunky.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

I'm happy we can finally starting getting the current hardware tapped into. It's time to move on from 2012 hardware.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Been bored with the Batman Arkham gameplay since City. They're too similar for my taste, and this looks too similar as well. Easy pass.

Asylum was cool. The rest are passable. Haven't played Origins, which I remember @uninspiredcup liked, but meh. Cool christmas setting aside, same shit.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6864 Posts

The good:

. The did a good job at making it feel like a single player game while adding multiplayer.

. Combat looks solid

. Nailed the atmosphere

. Graphics are nice

The bad:

. No reason to have this as a seperate universe from the Arkham universe

. Red hoods non leathal rounds and spirit jump don't fit the character.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silentchief
@uninspiredcup said:

Lol you said all that dumb shit to sound like an elitest and then picked one of the worst Devil may cry's to support your argument. DMC was literally made easier to bring in a wider audience. Devil may cry 4 has better combat and Devil may cry 5 was by far the best in the series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 uninspiredcup

Devil May Cry 5 is basically just DmC with worse character designs.

DmC > Devil May Cry 2 > Devil Mays Crys > Bayonetta

@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Lol you said all that dumb shit to sound like an elitest and then picked one of the worst Devil may cry's to support your argument. DMC was literally made easier to bring in a wider audience. Devil may cry 4 has better combat and Devil may cry 5 was by far the best in the series.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Might play for the story, but the gameplay just looks like more of the same.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silentchief
@uninspiredcup said:

Devil May Cry 5 is basically just DmC with worse character designs.

DmC > Devil May Cry 2 > Devil Mays Crys > Bayonetta

@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:

😆 Worse characters designs! That's funny

And no you can't do anything close to this in DMC as the combat system simply doesn't allow it.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 uninspiredcup

@silentchief said:

And no you can't do anything close to this in DMC as the combat system simply doesn't allow it.

Loading Video...

I'm sorry, is this suppose to be impressive?

Literally just watching guitar hero with a sword.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2408 Posts

The character designs are awful and the stat-based combat will be poor. Tired of this look. Skintight costumes or get the **** out. When did Batgirl start using a nightstick? Why would I want her to? We already have Nightwing using a similar weapon.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silentchief
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:

Loading Video...

Except your not staring at anything that prompts you to hit a button. Regardless DMC is Devil may cry for noobs. Somehow you're the only one that doesn't know it. It's a fun game just simple and accessible for a more casual audience.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup
@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:

Loading Video...

Except your not staring at anything that prompts you to hit a button. Regardless DMC is Devil may cry for noobs. Somehow your the only one that doesn't know it. It's a fun game just simple and accessible for a more casual audience.

Actually most (adult) people agree DmC is the peak of the franchise.

It's mainly weeb virgins that like the Japanese games because "wow cool anime hero". When in reality he's just a really shit off-brand Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Doesn't even have a fucking story.

DmC has a very good story about government. Not as good as Dues Ex, but almost as good.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Silentchief
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:

Loading Video...

Except your not staring at anything that prompts you to hit a button. Regardless DMC is Devil may cry for noobs. Somehow your the only one that doesn't know it. It's a fun game just simple and accessible for a more casual audience.

It's mainly weeb virgins that like the Japanese games because "wow cool anime hero". When in reality he's just a really shit off-brand Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

Doesn't even have a fucking story.

DmC has a very good story about government. Not as good as Dues Ex, but almost as good.

Uhh no virtually no one agrees according to metacritic and sales data. Emo Dante and Virgil were universally hated.

DMC story was ok but aren't you the type to bitch about focusing on narrative over gameplay? It's gameplay was built for soccer dads.

Regardless Devil may cry has a story and 5 tied it together nicely. It has virtually no inspiration from Ninja Turtles.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Looks like Batman but I was burned out of those with Arkham Knight. That same combat loop is eveyr where.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Nobody agrees on that ... just stop please, DmC is at the bottom of the barrel next to Yaiba, it can only dream on being one quarter as good as DMC V, NG Black and Bayonetta 2.

Ayways, my biggest concern with this game is on the variety of the missions. It's fun to fight criminals the first couple of hours, but by the 10th hour, you are just ignoring plently of those. Also and for some reason, the combat seems ... off, specially compared to the previous Arkham games, maybe is because Nightwing is Acrobatic as they said, but it doens't look all that good.

I just hope it has a solid single player experience, that the 4 characters are fun enough to try and that it has a good enough variety of things to do, then i may get it after a price cut.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I'm glad PS4 and Xbox One are being dropped for this.

The segment with Red Hood fighting a gladiator is really, really rough when all the effects come in. I don't know if I agree with their marketing team's decision to show that footage instead of one with less intense frame drops. Especially since it never specifies what system it's running on, it is very easy to assume that they were showing us the best build of the game.

It looks fun and I am interested in it just for the Court of Owls. I just really don't want this to turn into another Arkham Origins disaster.

Edit: They need to work on Dick's movement whenever he walks. He walks like a guerilla! Fix it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By uninspiredcup
@madsnakehhh said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Nobody agrees on that ... just stop please, DmC is at the bottom of the barrel next to Yaiba, it can only dream on being one quarter as good as DMC V, NG Black and Bayonetta 2.

Ayways, my biggest concern with this game is on the variety of the missions. It's fun to fight criminals the first couple of hours, but by the 10th hour, you are just ignoring plently of those. Also and for some reason, the combat seems ... off, specially compared to the previous Arkham games, maybe is because Nightwing is Acrobatic as they said, but it doens't look all that good.

I just hope it has a solid single player experience, that the 4 characters are fun enough to try and that it has a good enough variety of things to do, then i may get it after a price cut.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dmc-devil-may-cry

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/devil-may-cry-hd-collection

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/devil-may-cry-2

?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@uninspiredcup: OMG ... a badly photoshopped Angry Joe pic ... here, let me use the real one.

Loading Video...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Looks decent enough, but I'm just so sick of these open-world style games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 uninspiredcup

@madsnakehhh said:

@uninspiredcup: OMG ... a badly photoshopped Angry Joe pic ... here, let me use the real one.

Loading Video...

Oh sorry, thought we were talking about Run-DMC.

Never played Devil May Cry.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

I like the rocksteady game better kill the justice league with flash and superman as villains etc this one looks like the ghetto version of that one. This studio is C tier compared to rocksteady.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@hardwenzen: what ate you talking about. Belden ring is massive copy and paste. Even the bosses, they copy and paste then the next time they make a small change. The world is open but empty. No fast travel at the start, no horse and lots of bugs

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: what ate you talking about. Belden ring is massive copy and paste. Even the bosses, they copy and paste then the next time they make a small change. The world is open but empty. No fast travel at the start, no horse and lots of bugs

Have you seen a game of this scale where everything was unique? No. Much smaller open world games are never fully unique, let alone massive ones like ER.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@zerothehero said:

I like the rocksteady game better kill the justice league with flash and superman as villains etc this one looks like the ghetto version of that one. This studio is C tier compared to rocksteady.

yeah. when you cant get a last gen game running on. said hardware.. then brute force it with current gen. that a issue

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@silentchief: DmC had a good story, interesting characters and good combat. The hardcore crowd knocked it because Dante looked different, they were so butthurt over it they couldn't get past that (which is both hilarious and pathetic). Sucks cause I would have loved to have seen a sequel and seen where the game would have gone with the story and see how they could have evolved the combat.