Good news for the faulty XB Elite controller ,warranty has been extended!!! but sadly there is a lawsuit :(

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

You might want to talk to Microsoft if you’ve had to get repairs for the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in recent months. Microsoft has extended the warranty for its current Xbox Elite Wireless Controller (via Windows Central) from 90 days after purchase to a full year following reports of “mechanical issues.” You’ll get a refund before October 31st, 2020 if you’ve had to pay for any out-of-warranty fixes.

The company claimed that the problems affected only a “small percentage” of users.

The company wasn’t more specific about the problems, but it comes after a class action lawsuit filed in April over drifting thumbstick input on both the Series 2 and the original Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. Similar to the Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con drift, the Xbox gamepads supposedly develop unwanted movement that wrecks gameplay and forces repairs. Other controllers are affected well, the plaintiffs claimed.

It’s not certain if the warranty extension is in response to the lawsuit, or if Microsoft has addressed issues with later production runs. Whatever the case, there’s little doubt that Microsoft is eager to avoid any further uproar over its controller quality.

https://www.engadget.com/microsoft-xbox-elite-controller-series-2-warrant-extended-144527988.html

As you all know, a lot of MS fans were highly upset with low quality craftsmanship of the XB elite controller. Well MS has heard your concerns and decided to extend the warranty .

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I was saying this before it came out. It doesn't make any sense to spend $200 on a made in China controller. No matter how good the controller is, it will wear out, and faster than a good mouse from a company like Logitech for example. For an Elite controller to be worth buying at that price, they must give you a lifetine warranty. A 1y or whatever the duration of the warranty is, is laughable.

Edit: They originally gave you only 90 days???????????????????????????????🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Holy **** and people were buying these ROFL. Shows how dumb people are tbh. Just give them something new, and they'll buy it.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@daredevils2k: ‘As you all know’

Huh? First I’ve heard of an issue. Mine works fine.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

A $200 controller with a 90 day warranty? That's crazy. Guess they don't believe their product will hold up longer than that. They should do like Sony and give at least a 1 year warranty. But I guess they are now so that's good.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Insane that people spend that much on a video game controller... that is outrageous. Costs almost as much as a console!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

And NONE of the MS ass-kissing press warned anyone of these faulty controllers. All they did was talk it up.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@daredevils2k: ‘As you all know’

Huh? First I’ve heard of an issue. Mine works fine.

well it looks like you were not informed, but I'm glad that I was able to update you on anything XB related.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

A $200 controller with a 90 day warranty? That's crazy. Guess they don't believe their product will hold up longer than that. They should do like Sony and give at least a 1 year warranty. But I guess they are now so that's good.

I thought most consumer products have a one year warranty with the exceptions of home appliances (e.g. refridgerators) or automobiles. A 90-day warranty for an expensive controller is quite short for a product of its kind.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I don't have one or used one either, but there is a couple of hermits on here who swear by them, a certain mod included, and have never heard anyone complain about the build quality on here before.

But if there are faulty ones, then MS should fix them.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@joshrmeyer said:

I thought most consumer products have a one year warranty with the exceptions of home appliances (e.g. refridgerators) or automobiles. A 90-day warranty for an expensive controller is quite short for a product of its kind.

I thought so too until I checked Nintendo's garbage controllers known as Joycons. Essentially the Joycons that come with the console have the 1 year warranty but if you buy them separate they only have about 90 days.

Both MS and Nintendo deserve those lawsuits.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@ratchetclank92 said:

Insane that people spend that much on a video game controller... that is outrageous. Costs almost as much as a console!

And I've gotten more use out of my Elite 2 than my PS4 and XBX combined.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

@ratchetclank92: 2 elite controllers = 1 PS5 digital console. I had much rather buy a PS5.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Cows are really distressed. Having the warmer, biggest, less powerful console is truly being devastating for their mental health.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

The issues with these controllers are numerous and easy to find if you don't have your head in the sand. As I have said on here before, I really like my Elite V2 but the build quality is embarrassing for a product which costs as much as this. I know more people who have the sticky A button issue than don't, but it can be dealt with and the issues with asymmetrical chassis and faulty triggers is quite common too.

The extended warranty is welcomed, and much needed.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Good news then.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

There should be a lawsuit. The warranty was only 90 days and the crap was breaking like crazy this is outrageous sue em to hell till they fix this mess.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Scrapping through the bottom of the barrel and still scrapping. lol :P

MS/Xbox...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

I would hope somewhere internally they're cracking down on the Chinese manufacturer's corner cutting. Doubtful as you don't get this far in the generation without addressing the issue with the analog modules, which the elite just uses same ones as in normal controllers.

Part of me wonders though people who complain about drift are utilizing a narrow and non-existent dead zone and don't know it.