Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39470 Posts

@Gatygun said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Studio of the year: Epic games

lolwutnow?

It's true tho, they give so much free games away. no other publishers does it. With no strings attached.

They even gave out so many of the Arkham games (no Arkham Origin) as well with no strings-attach. Epic doesn't rub me the wrong way and I only use the client when I need to.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32113 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Gatygun said:

It's true tho, they give so much free games away. no other publishers does it. With no strings attached.

They even gave out so many of the Arkham games (no Arkham Origin) as well with no strings-attach. Epic doesn't rub me the wrong way and I only use the client when I need to.

Yes, they give away lots of free games. The Messenger and Bad North are two games I would have bought, but gotten for free from the Epic store.

On the other hand Epic limits the freedom I had on where I buy my games. Because they bought everything up.

I want to buy RDR 2 on steam because I want to share my screenshots there, but I can't.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#53 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37045 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@cainetao11: Sarcasm?

Very much so.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29604 Posts

Is it fair for a remake to win GOTY?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 6971 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@Macutchi said:
@i_p_daily said:

Best story telling Days Gone

the thing that's weird about this award is there's next to no story in day's gone. i got about 15 hours in before getting bored with nothing happening. either that or it's stretched wafer f*ckin thin and i didn't have the patience to see it develop into the year's best story.

all that really happens in the first 15 hours is your mate gets bitten on his arm and is bed bound, then a bit later on needs it amputating so has to be moved to another camp. that's about it amongst a load of fetch quests and a minimal backstory of trying to find clues to learn whether your wife survived.

i bought but haven't started the outer worlds. slightly worried if day's gone beats it for story then how bad must the outer world's story be

I wouldn't worry that Days Gone got the best story as this industry has a tendency to suck on Sony if you know what I mean.

Outer Worlds should have 10x better gameplay and that's what really counts.

it's been a poor year for sony so probably a pity award.

tbh, comparing apples to apples, i.e. days gone to other open world tat, gameplay-wise days gone is certainly no worse than any of the ubisoft games, i'd actually argue it's better tbh. but i'm one of those who needs some degree of a cohesive story to thread a game together, even if it's as basic as resident evil 2's. with an rpg i expect to plough 20-30+ hours in it becomes much more important to me, although i hear people sayin outer worlds isn't all that long as far as rpgs go

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 13623 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Well 1) its a video game and 2) it was released this year, so yeah it is fair.

Now Death Stranding winning would not be fair as its considered as art and therefore it should be hanging in a museum somewhere.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bread_or_Decide

@lundy86_4 said:

Well deserved. I don't think anybody expected RE2 to be as utterly brilliant as it was.

Except the original RE2 is also brilliant....sooo what else would be expected?

FastNslowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FastNslowww
Member since 2017 • 212 Posts

How the hell did RE2 win.....that game sucked, it was a horrible remake.....hated the way leon and claire looked (nothing like the previous games) and the horrible camera and animation system didn't help either. It doesn't touch the PS1 version, IMO. Nothing stood out in the remake....bland and boring.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 54351 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: I'm not entirely sure how the original being brilliant is any form of guarantee that the remake would be. They could have easily screwed it up.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12726 Posts

Joystick really is such a great word.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lundy86_4  Online

@getyeryayasout: Dude some of your comments crack me up. Yeah, it has to be phallic in origin.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lundy86_4  Online

@fastnslowww said:

How the hell did RE2 win.....that game sucked, it was a horrible remake.....hated the way leon and claire looked (nothing like the previous games) and the horrible camera and animation system didn't help either. It doesn't touch the PS1 version, IMO. Nothing stood out in the remake....bland and boring.

Yet the majority of people seem to disagree. Reviews were excellent, and gamer opinions seem to be there as well.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 61882 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Is it fair for a remake to win GOTY?

Depends on the quality of the game. The best game is the best game is the best game. Way too much credit is given to superficial shit or nebulous shit like "mah innovation" or whatever the ****. Remasters shouldn't, because it's just the same game, but spiced up visuals.

Remake 2 is an honest to god remake, as in every thing has been redone and altered and changed. The story n beats may be the same, but the mechanics are different, the level design itself is different even if the setting choice is the same, enemy interactions are different, etc, etc.

And since gaming journo types and the gaming community are too trash to be woke enough to recognize that the actual best game of 2019 is Devil May Cry 5, rightfully they should give it to the other Capgod game as sort of an olive branch to apologize for their failure as people.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bread_or_Decide

@lundy86_4 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: I'm not entirely sure how the original being brilliant is any form of guarantee that the remake would be. They could have easily screwed it up.

They're already starting from a place of brilliance.

Adding a new coat of paint isn't exactly all that hard.

I can be a genius too if I trace over the Mona Lisa.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 2

#65 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4240 Posts

I pretty much know what every award is but what is a Breakthrough award? Sorry for sounding so foolish.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Sorry, missed this post.

That is a gross oversimplification. The gameplay was a huge deviation, and tying the entire game around that is no small task.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36527 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Sorry, missed this post.

That is a gross oversimplification. The gameplay was a huge deviation, and tying the entire game around that is no small task.

Yes, they could have so, so easily screwed it up stuff like removing ink ribbons in flavor of checkpoints, used that dumb-ass QTE shit RE4 introduced. Just turned it into an action game where resources wasn't anything worth caring about. Used low quality shitty FMV's like Revelations 2 or it a very, very easy game to cheese like the originals and 4 by simple using the same tactic over and over.

The only real fuckups here IMO are Crash Bandicoot croc, which honestly, was abit shit and an overly streamlined story where they removed almost all of the text reading.

Some stuff they did carry over which they should have improved upon is boss fights involving "shoot red spot", somewhat uninspired, but this has been a problem since the start and practically every RE game barring Revelations 1 which had two very decent boss fights.

Mean, make no mistake, Revelations 1's finale boss fight still uses the same old "shoot red spot", but it's done in varied phases to make it interesting. RE2's kinda suck. The final Tyrant boss fight is basically an inferior version of Jack Norman.

Loading Video...

Know it sounds like i'm shitting on it, but really, i'm not, these are super minor nitpicks in a fantastic game, personal GOTY for sure.

Sn0man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Sn0man
Member since 2019 • 41 Posts

Best Storytelling: Days Gone

How sad is that?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19578 Posts

@sn0man said:

Best Storytelling: Days Gone

How sad is that?

I know, are they for real??!! That is the best story in a game all year? Lmao.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 7040 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Length doesn't equal quality.