god of war is incredible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

alanah likes gameplay and likes god of war

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

You guys are going to force them to do a sticky thread.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Who

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@boycie said:

You guys are going to force them to do a sticky thread.

That's what the God of War 4 hype is for. Back then, whoever makes the hype thread of a popular game, the mods would sticky them to prevent over saturating system wars forums.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

But can you stop the action and build a base, a farm, grow crops and trade with Norse deities? It it doesn't have these features then it's worth nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I'm gonna repeat what I said elsewhere. I still don't see how this really zoomed in camera is a good idea. No one has made a good argument for it. How is constantly having to now lock on and rotate the camera in these chaotic battles better than a standard classic third person camera? I corrected myself and said classic because almost all the big third person games use these really zoomed in cameras now. It's absurd. I was frustrated in the last hours of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy that I couldn't change the field of view (while aiming) at all. This game's combat does look nice, but for me it's ruined by this shit camera. They're not doing it in the best interest of the game, they're doing it because everyone else is doing it, because it looks cinematic to some people, which is stupid. It's a bad choice for chaotic melee combat.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:

I'm gonna repeat what I said elsewhere. I still don't see how this really zoomed in camera is a good idea. No one has made a good argument for it. How is constantly having to now lock on and rotate the camera in these chaotic battles better than a standard classic third person camera? I corrected myself and said classic because almost all the big third person games use these really zoomed in cameras now. It's absurd. I was frustrated in the last hours of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy that I couldn't change the field of view (while aiming) at all. This game's combat does look nice, but for me it's ruined by this shit camera. They're not doing it in the best interest of the game, they're doing it because everyone else is doing it, because it looks cinematic to some people, which is stupid. It's a bad choice for chaotic melee combat.

It's not really an issue, and you don't have to lock on to enemies... in fact, I am 10 hours in and I can't recall having ever locked on to an enemy on purpose. The camera being close doesn't really affect things since most of the time, you are fighting a lot less enemies at once than Kratos did in GOW3. It's just not that hard to keep track of all the people around you.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#8  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

too many GoW threads,
any GoW discussion should go on the sticky.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/god-of-war-hype-thread-press-repeatedly-to-hype-9g-33429583/#722