God of War and Twisted Metal creator David Jaffe leakes July NPD *HARDWARE* numbers, SAVAGE opinion follows.

• 52 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Jaffe is a polarizing individual who has strong opinions in which he doesn't hold hands or pull punches with what he thinks. Sensitive fans may want to skip the video because your feathers may be ruffled.

Regardless of what devoted corporate followers are saying "the future" is, GAMERS are speaking with $$$$ and making it abundantly clear that the main thing they want out of a video game provider quality exclusives over everything!

Spoiler:

Switch 183k

PS4 173k

Xbox one 39k(!)

Some fans honestly think people will just jump on MS's streaming service or whatever they bring out next gen because...WHY exactly?

MS offers the cheapest console option, Play Anywhere, xbox BC, the most powerful console option, GAMEPASS, and rehashed versions of Halo/forza/gears NOW...And people are LEAVING the xbox platform!

People love to bring up statistics. Well the stats show that the video game provider who delivers the most quality exclusives win. All other opinions and biased arguments are moot against this fact. Men lie, women lie, fanboys create a false reality but the numbers don't lie.

Jaffe believes a firesale xbox and giving away GamePass virtually free is the only way to save xbox, ironically, he also says you can't win a console war like that and you will lose money in the process.

BTW: Jaffe prefers Switch over PS4.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BoxRekt

Is it gen fatigue or are gamers fed up with MS's inability to deliver quality exclusives on their platform after 5 years of waiting?

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

ps4 is still selling alot for a 5 year old console. i own switch and ps4 and im happy with my purchase. i still prefer ps4 though

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Wtf how the heck PS4 only 10k less than Switch, that console is near 6 year old now and is still selling at officially $299. Amazing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

Its amazing how awesome gaming is supposed to be on the PS4 yet xbox and PC is always on OPs mind.??

The Xbox One is selling poorly, welcome to the other 9000 threads on that.?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Remember gamers, vote with your wallets :)

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Another victory for switch!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@davillain-: Yep, Fornite knows that far too well.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@boxrekt said:

BTW: Jaffe prefers Switch over PS4.

Good taste. But I'm not surprised, since he made the better God of War, the one that felt like a real video game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

It’s a dead horse. We all know Xbox screwed the pooch this gen. It’s not news and why anyone is surprised it isn’t selling more at the end of a gen shows the level of stupidity of human beings.

That said, Jaffe referencing the disabled kid Owen to land a punchline was in poor taste imo. The handicapped have enough to deal with don’t use them to be funny.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Just checked, not one PS4 is as powerful as my XB1X and no enhanced multiplat game looks as good on the PS4 an on my X

Since Sony lost the power war and MS bought a load of great studios along with Sony begging MS for da power of da cloud,PS4 fangirls have become obsessed with sales

They have emotional feelings towards a piece of plastic/ game......Bless HaH

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro said:

@davillain-: Yep, Fornite knows that far too well.

Indeed :P

But to tell the truth, voting with your wallet is a myth.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pedro

@cainetao11 said:

It’s a dead horse. We all know Xbox screwed the pooch this gen. It’s not news and why anyone is surprised it isn’t selling more at the end of a gen shows the level of stupidity of human beings.

That said, Jaffe referencing the disabled kid Owen to land a punchline was in poor taste imo. The handicapped have enough to deal with don’t use them to be funny.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Did the X1 really only sell that much?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The Xbox is more relative than his career.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Microsoft should get out of the hardware business and make games and have their Game Pass for every system.

@ezekiel43: That’s why he only makes games for PlayStation and never for Nintendo, because he “prefers the Switch”...?

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

Microsoft should get out of the hardware business and make games and have their Game Pass for every system.

@ezekiel43: That’s why he only makes games for PlayStation and never for Nintendo, because he “prefers the Switch”...?

Great logic there. I would like to be a CEO who gets by doing nothing all day, but I'm in customer service because I must prefer it. You go where you can get work, in this case where you can get the resources to make your games. Looking at the kinds of games David Jaffe makes and the direction PlayStation has gone in, it's no wonder he prefers Nintendo.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

@bluestars:

Just checked, No Xbox One X game looks better than God Of War or Horizon Zero Dawn on the base PS4.

Facts are facts bro.

Who cares if Xbone X can play a handful of multiplats in 4K? The graphics are always the same. It’s just a resolution bump most people can’t even notice when placed side by side.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

lol, just lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@ajstyles said:

@bluestars:

Just checked, No Xbox One X game looks better than God Of War or Horizon Zero Dawn on the base PS4.

Facts are facts bro.

Who cares if Xbone X can play a handful of multiplats in 4K? The graphics are always the same. It’s just a resolution bump most people can’t even notice when placed side by side.

You may want to tweak that statement.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Pedro said:
@ajstyles said:

@bluestars:

Facts are facts bro.

You may want to tweak that statement.

Right, if the leak screenshot of Gears 5 is anything to go by soon will be a game on X running at 60fps something that PS4 can't do that looks better than those games.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@ajstyles:

Sony loves you, your the type of fanboy they cater too,complete denial.

Any how FH4 wipes its arse on any PS4 game and it’s a huge open world game

And that’s without the multiplats that shit all over god of war and hzd HaH

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Good ol' Jaffe...

Yeah, it's been stated a number of times on this board that the Bone lacks exclusives, and people on all sides have condemned it for that. Still, people obviously find some enjoyment from the console.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Did this guy use to make games or something?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lundy86_4

@i_p_daily said:

Did this guy use to make games or something?

Twisted Metal and God of War. He's massively failed in later endeavours. There was something a number of years ago that showed him to be a complete moron, and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

To be fair Jaffe is terribly irrelevant at this point. When is the last time hes made even a decent game? Eventhough I will say the Xbox is the most redundant platform at this point.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lundy86_4

@r-gamer said:

To be fair Jaffe is terribly irrelevant at this point. When is the last time hes made even a decent game?

I think he was involved in GoW 2. His last company trying to make a game went tits-up.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

Why you gotta keep telling us that Xbox One is being outsold. We've known this for a long time. And you of all people on here have made sure we remember it. The console sucks, but yet you keep talking about it ?

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

@ajstyles said:

@bluestars:

Facts are facts bro.

Lol wut? How you gonna read that and think you sound like you know what you're talking about?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Jesus Christ those numbers are fucking awful. There's no doubt it's MS that's pressuring NPD group to crack down on leakers so these dismal results don't weigh on them until next gen.

Xbox superfans everywhere are in their feelings over this video right now. It's not like Jaffe is even relevant anymore, but honestly, there's some truth here. MS is too busy trying to get photo ops and good PR to stay in the news over trying to make good games for their base. Gears 5 should not be the only decent non-racing AAA "exclusive" they've had in 3 damn years.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BoxRekt
@davillain- said:

Remember gamers, vote with your wallets :)

Indeed that is the reality of the situation over all other narratives.

@bluestars said:

Just checked, not one PS4 is as powerful as my XB1X and no enhanced multiplat game looks as good on the PS4 an on my X

Since Sony lost the power war and MS bought a load of great studios along with Sony begging MS for da power of da cloud,PS4 fangirls have become obsessed with sales

They have emotional feelings towards a piece of plastic/ game......Bless HaH

lol you can't be serious.

Why are you lashing out at PS4 here?

It's clear you're in blind fanboy mode because this isn't a "PS4" vs xbox thread. You must have interpreted it as that because of your insecurity over your XB1X purchase.

Your post reads like you're trying to convince yourself about things other gamers clearly don't care about. As I said in my OP, gamers have voted with $$$ and it's clear it's quality exclusives over everything.

The only one who sounds emotional towards a piece here of plastic is you.

@Pedro said:

Its amazing how awesome gaming is supposed to be on the PS4 yet xbox and PC is always on OPs mind.??

I thought it was gen fatigue for you? Guess you're finally moving to the next goal post.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Those numbers were vgchartz worldwide weekly estimates , lol.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Spot on with Gamepass, got Blair Witch and Gears 5 coming shortly. Hardware comments aren't really savage. He's just pandering to console war people to draw traffic and social media presence.

MS pretty much gave everyone a huge deal with the $1 Gamepass ultimate.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BenjaminBanklin

@Nike_Air said:

LOL! Oh, never mind then. No one ever, EVER should be quoting Chartz.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Jesus Christ those numbers are fucking awful. There's no doubt it's MS that's pressuring NPD group to crack down on leakers so these dismal results don't weigh on them until next gen.

Xbox superfans everywhere are in their feelings over this video right now. It's not like Jaffe is even relevant anymore, but honestly, there's some truth here. MS is too busy trying to get photo ops and good PR to stay in the news over trying to make good games for their base. Gears 5 should not be the only decent non-racing AAA "exclusive" they've had in 3 damn years.

Come on now, we both know everyone is waiting for Xbox Scarlett, no point in anyone buying Xbox One now.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin

@davillain- said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Come on now, we both know everyone is waiting for Xbox Scarlett, no point in anyone buying Xbox One now.

I know. And this seems to be a Phil Spencer thing. Announcing new products super early just to get buzz only to end up torpedoing the current product. Even though these aren't the actual leaked numbers, I have no doubt the Xbox numbers are still pretty bad.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@davillain-: Well, you can close this thread, as someone pointed out that those numbers aren't leaks from NPD, but from VGChartz.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

People actually believe these are the official numbers, that no game on Xbox looks as good as PS4 exclusives on a base PS4, and that Xbox is dead...

If there are any sensitive fans, its the ones who have incessant need to try and prove PS4 is better cause incapable of giving Xbox any credit.

Considering even Colin, the most Sony fanboy I've seen, is capable of giving Xbox some benefit of doubt, you must be a big time troll or big time haters to still be bent about what Xbox does, when your precious hit 100 mil sales.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BoxRekt
@Nike_Air said:

How was that a weekly vgchartz estimate...when was reporting on JULY monthly NPD numbers?

I don't know Jaffe's source, but I don't think he has any reason to lie. Do you have a link for those vgchartz numbers you're saying this is from that reflect the same figures he reported?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R-Gamer

@lundy86_4: I think the only GoW he did was the first one.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Wtf how the heck PS4 only 10k less than Switch, that console is near 6 year old now and is still selling at officially $299. Amazing.

Nice try, but Nintendo announced two new models in July. Of course sales took a dive.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:
@Nike_Air said:

How was that a weekly vgchartz estimate...when was reporting on JULY monthly NPD numbers?

I don't know Jaffe's source, but I don't think he has any reason to lie. Do you have a link for those vgchartz numbers you're saying this is from that reflect the same figures he reported?

Exact same:

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@r-gamer said:

To be fair Jaffe is terribly irrelevant at this point. When is the last time hes made even a decent game?

I think he was involved in GoW 2. His last company trying to make a game went tits-up.

Nope. His last God of War was the first one, 2 is the one Cory Barlog directed. Aka the only guy capable of making a good game out of God of War.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lundy86_4

@jg4xchamp said:

Nope. His last God of War was the first one, 2 is the one Cory Barlog directed. Aka the only guy capable of making a good game out of God of War.

IMDB showed him as Writer/Creative Director. I could be mistaken... That's what I was going off of.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@sakaixx said:

Nice try, but Nintendo announced two new models in July. Of course sales took a dive.

Aww downplay squad, how lovely ❤❤

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:
@Nike_Air said:

Exact same:

LOL @boxrekt got rekt'd hard for not fact checking!

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 R-Gamer

@jg4xchamp: I thought Stig Amussen did a great job on GoW 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@lundy86_4: So he's made nothing of value, it's no wonder he's doing streaming videos, poor fella fell on hard times :(

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Pedro said:

Lmao... 24/7 rent free. Literally.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Yikes thats a bit crazy if true. Uncle Phill better bring it next gen.