God of War: A Live Action trailer-first emotional GoW game??

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

This is the first time i actually watch a live action trailer of a video game multiple times, its just addictive

finalstar2007
:lol:
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

The music felt so out of place.

DarkLink77

The whole trailer feels out of place.

You two should hug each other :P

Trailer is awesome and freaking addictive! it has 43K views? those are all from me :oops:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Yeah, Gladiator was a pretty great movie, wasn't it.Desmonic

I was thinking the same damn thing while I was watching it. :lol:

Remember when Russell Crowe was relevant? :lol: Good times :P

I remember when he wasn't in movies where he was trying to sing. Good times indeed.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

it's ok if you don't have the creative mind of genius.

now keep hating jealous lem.

HAZE-Unit

You people should really learn ht epeople on these boards before calling cows and lems at people who don't even have the systems

You people? racism at it's finest!

says  the hypothaisnotic i, seen alot of ppl with you're case and u say kratos is the one who hypotized greek<

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

I have no sympathy for a character who causes all of his own problems and then proceeds to blame everyone but himself.

DarkLink77

No he didn't, he was hypnotized in ancient Greek ways that's why he is vengeancing  all the series.

wut.

Use real words, please.

Oh the irony.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 finalstar2007

Someone said this in a YouTube comment so thought i would share:

"You know that quote from batman beings can really apply to Kratos. The one where ra's is talking to Bruce during training "But I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved ones is just poison in your veins. And one day you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you'd be spared your pain."

Its true he did few times wish he had no memory of everything he's done.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

No he didn't, he was hypnotized in ancient Greek ways that's why he is vengeancing  all the series.

HAZE-Unit

wut.

Use real words, please.

Oh the irony.

Mine still makes more sense than yours. :P
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 mems_1224

Someone said this in a YouTube comment so thought i would share:

"You know that quote from batman beings can really apply to Kratos. The one where ra's is talking to Bruce during training "But I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved ones is just poison in your veins. And one day you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you'd be spared your pain."

Its true he did few times wish he had no memory of everything he's done.

finalstar2007
That could be applied to tons of fake characters...... :|
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] wut.

Use real words, please.

DarkLink77

Oh the irony.

lol better than revengeance.

Just wanted to make my original post lighter in tone, nothing harmful but you guys argh :x

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

The music felt so out of place.

DarkLink77

The whole trailer feels out of place.

What was wrong with the video? In my opinion, it told the story of how Kratos became a 1-D character very well.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Oh the irony.

HAZE-Unit

lol better than revengeance.

Just wanted to make my original post lighter in tone, nothing harmful but you guys argh :x

I do kinda like yours better. I know, I know, we're awful. Sorry.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

You people should really learn ht epeople on these boards before calling cows and lems at people who don't even have the systems

Yangire

You people? racism at it's finest!

says  the hypothaisnotic i, seen alot of ppl with you're case and u say kratos is the one who hypotized greek<

What is hypothaisnotic i? I've only known about hypothaisnotic d.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

I saw the trailer again and i still do not understand people who said;

The song was bad and didnt fit

The trailer was bad

Like for real, if you do not feel an inch of anything from that trailer, you may as well get an assault rifle and go shoot up a school like Adam Lanza cause your humane nerve centre is close to his

megaspiderweb09

You can make or break a scene with music. In this case, I'd say it's broke by the music.

And what an extreme generalization.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I can't stop crying. Such an emotional trailer.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

That was an okay trailer I guess.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 finalstar2007

In this trailer for the first time we actually see Kratos Smile and Cry.. something we will also get to see for the first time in the game

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mems_1224

In this trailer for the first time we actually see Kratos Smile and Cry.. something we will also get to see for the first time in the game

finalstar2007
nope
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Cheleman

Cows are massive fvcking betas confirmed

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

OB-47

Please be a little more compassionate. I'm still recovering from that emotional roller coaster.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

So this is the super bowl trailer that Sony spent almost four million dollars on? SMH

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

So this is the super bowl trailer that Sony spent almost four million dollars on? SMH

DivineSword

Actually, this wont be shown during one of the Super Bowl commercial breaks on t.v. It will be shown during a Super Bowl commercial break in an online stream of the game, so I doubt Sony spent 4 million for that slot.

"If you are like most other red-blooded Americans, youre probably going to be watching the Super Bowl this coming Sunday. If you happen to watch the game streaming online - an increasingly popular way to enjoy the big game - or have it streaming as your second-screen info source for the game, youll be able to catch a unique one-minute version of the trailer airing during the Super Bowl live stream."
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/01/from-ashes-god-of-war-ascension-live-action-trailer-explores-kratos-origins/

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

If Kratos was that devoted to his family why does he go around doing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYBuT6GOAU

even if they're dead they're the reasons he is always "angry"

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Cheleman

Please be a little more compassionate. I'm still recovering from that emotional roller coaster.

:lol: 

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Is it fair to say some people basicly do not have humane emotions anymore or its very difficult for them to feel emotions. How can anyone say that trailer wasnt emotional at all...like at all, feerking dissensitized drones

megaspiderweb09

Its because most of them are just raging butthurt anti sony trolls that will hate everything they support regardless of what it is. 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 mems_1224

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

Is it fair to say some people basicly do not have humane emotions anymore or its very difficult for them to feel emotions. How can anyone say that trailer wasnt emotional at all...like at all, feerking dissensitized drones

AM-Gamer

Its because most of them are just raging buthurt anti sony trolls that will hate everything they support regardless of what it is. 

ass opposed to raging delusional sony homers that will love whatever turds sony throws at them? ;)
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 AM-Gamer

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

mems_1224

Its because most of them are just raging buthurt anti sony trolls that will hate everything they support regardless of what it is. 

ass opposed to raging delusional sony homers that will love whatever turds sony throws at them? ;)

GOW: A wil most likely score AA or AAA and the comercial itself was as good as anything MS has ever produced.  and whats a homer?  LMAO 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

AM-Gamer

GOW: A wil most likely score AA or AAA and the comercial itself was as good as anything MS has ever produced.  and whats a homer?  LMAO 

:lol: the live action commercial was complete crap compared to the live action Halo trailers.

I always find it funny that cows constantly cry about MS rehashing franchises and then they go and hype a new God of Bore games :lol:

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 AM-Gamer

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] ass opposed to raging delusional sony homers that will love whatever turds sony throws at them? ;)mems_1224

:lol: the live action commercial was complete crap compared to the live action Halo trailers.

I always find it funny that cows constantly cry about MS rehashing franchises and then they go and hype a new God of Bore games :lol:

Show me one link where I have ever trashed MS for rehasing?  I like Halo and Gears its about all MS has worth playing anymore.  And no the Halo ODST commercial was garbage.. compared to this.  You are just a raging delusonal fanboy troll who has never owned a PS3 in his life.  God of Bore? Its the highest rated and best selling Action adventure franchise EVER!!!! So hate all you want it doesnt change facts. 

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] ass opposed to raging delusional sony homers that will love whatever turds sony throws at them? ;)mems_1224

2 console releases, how many flopza? Borelo , Fayble or Gears of Bore have there been? :lol: #themoreyoukknow
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

mems_1224

Turds? i think you are confusing Sony with Microsoft buddy.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

AM-Gamer

Show me one link where I have ever trashed MS for rehasing?  I like Halo and Gears its about all MS has worth playing anymore.  And no the Halo ODST commercial was garbage.. compared to this.  You are just a raging delusonal fanboy troll who has never owned a PS3 in his life.  God of Bore? Its the highest rated and best selling Action adventure franchise EVER!!!! So hate all you want it doesnt change facts. 

:lol: 1) Any of the live action Halo trailers take a gigantic dump on that terrible God of Bore commercial 2) I do own a PS3 and I couldn't even finish the 2nd GoW game because of how boring and shallow it was. Gow is overrated, ratings and sales mean nothing to me.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 AM-Gamer

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] :lol: the live action commercial was complete crap compared to the live action Halo trailers.

mems_1224

:lol: 1) Any of the live action Halo trailers take a gigantic dump on that terrible God of Bore commercial 2) I do own a PS3 and I couldn't even finish the 2nd GoW game because of how boring and shallow it was. Gow is overrated, ratings and sales mean nothing to me.

1. Haha they could film Marcus fenix giving master chief a BJ and you would think it was the most epic thing in the world , because you have a boner for MS and everything they do.

2. You stopped playing GOW2 becaue your roomate pimp slapped you and took his PS2 away because god knows you never owned a PS3. 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 mems_1224

AM-Gamer

1. Haha they could film Marcus fenix giving master chief a BJ and you would think it was the most epic thing in the world , because you have a boner for MS and everything they do.

2. You stopped playing GOW2 becaue your roomate pimp slapped you and took his PS2 away because god knows you never owned a PS3. 

1) I dont like Gears of War or even MS as a company 2) Never had a roomate and I didn't play GoW until the HD collection came out 3) You sound angry. You shouldn't accuse other people of being a fanboy when you're flipping out because someone dared to say something negative about your beloved mediocre franchise :lol:
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 AM-Gamer

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] :lol: 1) Any of the live action Halo trailers take a gigantic dump on that terrible God of Bore commercial 2) I do own a PS3 and I couldn't even finish the 2nd GoW game because of how boring and shallow it was. Gow is overrated, ratings and sales mean nothing to me. mems_1224

1) I dont like Gears of War or even MS as a company 2) Never had a roomate and I didn't play GoW until the HD collection came out 3) You sound angry. You shouldn't accuse other people of being a fanboy when you're flipping out because someone dared to say something negative about your beloved mediocre franchise :lol:

I  sound angry? Lmao no im just calling you out for what you are, and yes you a rabbid lemming look at your post history.  Nothing is mediocre about GOW other then a worthless opionion from a troll which means nothing .  Its the most critcally acclaimed action adventure franchise period .  Its like me going around and saying Halo and Gears are garbage , or that Mario and Zelda sucks. Its just a fanboy babble that has no merit whatsoever. 

And if everything sucks to you then what games do you like. 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 mems_1224

AM-Gamer

I  sound angry? Lmao no im just calling you out for what you are, and yes you a rabbid lemming look at your post history.  Nothing is mediocre about GOW other then a worthless opionion from a troll which means nothing .  Its the most critcally acclaimed action adventure franchise period .  Its like me going around and saying Halo and Gears are garbage , or that Mario and Zelda sucks. Its just a fanboy babble that has no merit whatsoever. 

And if everything sucks to you then what games do you like. 

I didn't say everything sucks. I said Gears and God of War suck. Idk how good your math skills are but thats only 2 games out of thousands.

Im not a rabid lemming either. Thats just what stupid cows assume I am because I don't put the PS3 and its mediocre franchises on a pedestal

Also, comparing God of Bore to iconic franchises like Halo, Mario and Zelda is laughable. :lol:

brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 brofists
Member since 2011 • 2120 Posts
*part 1* Tuth be told, I wasnt expecting much In fact I was expecting it to be like the cheap and cheesey live action Halo trailers But boy was I wrong! What an awesone commercial! I ended up watching it multiple times! Thats how much I liked it. Thats how good it was! Sony does stuff like this way better then Microsoft could ever dream of, As also evidenced by PS3 exclusives being superior to 360 exclusives, Sony and their stellar first party studios just get gaming, and anything gaming related,much better period! Anyway, part 2 coming soon. I will go into much further detail about the commercial:)
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 brofists
*part 2* Continuing on, Kratos looks like a total bad ass posing in such an ironic manner atop the mountain! Kratos daughter is running to him, by passing all the soldiers. She just wants to see her daddy. Just that feeling of wanting to see somebody you love is something that really touches me She is running up the mountain,and by the way,the music playing is just perfect. It lends it self so well to whats going on, its all lined up perfectly, and it just sets the mood for the whole commercial so perfectly She reaches Kratos and suddenly you see great emotion coming from this spartan warrior Kratos He smiles and he picks up his daughter. When you are with sombody you love, especially your only child, nothing else matters! It seems like time slows down! The power of love beats all! Time just stopped there and Kratos and his daughter were just happy to be together while sharing this beautiful moment What a beautiful moment it was indeed! I like that we see Kratos the family man for a moment. Glimpses of how he might have been before it all etc But then she starts turning to ash out of no where. I wasnt expecting something like that. Just wow! Lots of meaning there, if you have followed the God of War stories. You can literally sense and feel the last bit of happiness Kratos ever had begin to slip away He went from sharing this beautiful momemt with his daughter to having her turn to ash in his very hands! I started to really feel for Kratos. It was touching. Some people in here are trying to act all tough and are afraid to admit it was emotional! Her ashes then stick to him. That has to be like an ultimate humiliation because its a constant reminder too etc. Not even Kratos the spartan warrior could hide his emotions, and you saw Kratos actually shed tears Kratos then just drops to his knees like if he had nothing else left to live for. Its always made sense to me, but now everyone else should get it, Why revenge was the only thing keeping Kratos going, and why he only lived for the act of getting revenge on the gods who did him wrong and took his family from him etc Once Kratos fulfilled that, he sacrificed himself to give back the power of hope to the people at the end of God of War 3! I loved the story in God of War 3! Kratos was always a great character. Dummies just never understood the stories. By that point in the commericial I was about to shed tears along side Kratos. Not even lying lol And its also at that point that you can see Kratos has lost one of the only reasons he ever had for caring etc kratos begins to then start losing it It was emotional. And i like what its getting at. People dont understand how so much can be said without words "A picture is worth a thousand words"* Part 3 coming next!
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 brofists
*part 3* Then kratos quickly starts to get angry. The anger starts to set in. I loved the close up of his eyes too. Man you could sense the anger lol. We saw Kratos from posing atop the mountain in an almost untouchable manner in the begining to now being on his knees in complete dispair after having his daughter turned to ash in his very hands Such a turn of events By the end of the commericial I was like, I want revenge for Kratos! I understand him now! This and the stellar 30 minute demo have me so amped up for Ascension God of War Ascension is on track and is looking phenomenal on all accounts! Ascension is going to be a major sleeper GOTY contender. You watch and see! However Last of Us will win GOTY
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Cows be cried.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

*part 3* Then kratos quickly starts to get angry. The anger starts to set in. I loved the close up of his eyes too. Man you could sense the anger lol. We saw Kratos from posing atop the mountain in an almost untouchable manner in the begining to now being on his knees in complete dispair after having his daughter turned to ash in his very hands Such a turn of events By the end of the commericial I was like, I want revenge for Kratos! I understand him now! This and the stellar 30 minute demo have me so amped up for Ascension God of War Ascension is on track and is looking phenomenal on all accounts! Ascension is going to be a major sleeper GOTY contender. You watch and see! However Last of Us will win GOTYbrofists
Jesus, you saw a whole lot in a pile of nothing. Seems like you're trying a bit hard there

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="brofists"]*part 3* Then kratos quickly starts to get angry. The anger starts to set in. I loved the close up of his eyes too. Man you could sense the anger lol. We saw Kratos from posing atop the mountain in an almost untouchable manner in the begining to now being on his knees in complete dispair after having his daughter turned to ash in his very hands Such a turn of events By the end of the commericial I was like, I want revenge for Kratos! I understand him now! This and the stellar 30 minute demo have me so amped up for Ascension God of War Ascension is on track and is looking phenomenal on all accounts! Ascension is going to be a major sleeper GOTY contender. You watch and see! However Last of Us will win GOTYseanmcloughlin

Jesus, you saw a whole lot in a pile of nothing. Seems like you're trying a bit hard there

brofists
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mems_1224

finalstar2007

good one bro :roll:
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Almost mems class bad on that one
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#145 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts
All I saw was some joy, which Kratos showed in CoO; sadness and anger which I've seen since GoW1. Good ad but it doesn't evoke any emotions from me. Got mine pre ordered.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

themajormayor

Almost mems class bad on that one

weak. c'mon, you can troll better than that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Hah. The backstory for his decade of raging makes for a pretty trailer, but that's pretty much it.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DarkLink77

Don't think I've ever seen the Sony Defense Force get so riled up over a trailer before. Fun stuff.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i liked it.
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 brofists

[QUOTE="brofists"]*part 3* Then kratos quickly starts to get angry. The anger starts to set in. I loved the close up of his eyes too. Man you could sense the anger lol. We saw Kratos from posing atop the mountain in an almost untouchable manner in the begining to now being on his knees in complete dispair after having his daughter turned to ash in his very hands Such a turn of events By the end of the commericial I was like, I want revenge for Kratos! I understand him now! This and the stellar 30 minute demo have me so amped up for Ascension God of War Ascension is on track and is looking phenomenal on all accounts! Ascension is going to be a major sleeper GOTY contender. You watch and see! However Last of Us will win GOTYseanmcloughlin

No, im just not a bitter and staunch hater like you are