fileman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fileman3
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts

Anyone else not that impressed with its graphics? Looks like it could’ve came out in 2017 on pc. Not saying it’s bad just not “next gen’

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

It's always like that with launch games

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

I am not sure what people are expecting "next gen". The performance difference between the strongest consoles now to the next iteration is going to be the smallest leap in console generations.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

I thought it was going to be Soul Calibur 7 for like the first 30 seconds of that trailer.

Same graphics/style.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Probably going to be a 60fps title. Looks ok but it's a launch title too. Could it also be a cross gen title as well?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Yeah you can keep that Trash.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Pedro said:

I am not sure what people are expecting "next gen". The performance difference between the strongest consoles now to the next iteration is going to be the smallest leap in console generations.

Some decent hair for one...

Loading Video...

Not this shit...

Loading Video...

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I thought it looked pretty damn good. Not sure why anyone would expect a huge leap over what we get on high end PCs. If it looks that good and runs at 60fps at a native 4K that is in line with what I'd expect from a next gen console.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@BassMan: I guess but thats all trivial shit. Nothing to write home about. All of the graphical improvement are going to be mostly nitpicky stuff from now on.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I'm not expecting next gen games to blow me away graphically.

I do expect more 60 FPS games, 4K/30 games, games with better AI, destruction elements, and more things to do in these big worlds.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

If you are disappointed in God Fall you're probably going to be disappointed in the next-gen visuals, tbh.

I imagine they are going to get right what they should have been doing this gen; higher FPS, better detailed textures and effects, better physics, improved load times, and so on.

It won't be so much "next-gen" as it will be "current gen version 1.5"; the same, but better.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

So God awfall then lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Next gen is already this gen graphics,just look to PC games running in 4k ultra and think lower that is what you will get.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Not gonna get much new here other than price gouges and innovations on how the fleece the consumer.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

From what it shows it could have been a maxed pc build and will either downscale or upscaled for ps5.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

If you want to see next gen graphics then look no further than PC

Loading Video...

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Pedro said:

It's because everyone keeps over-hyping all the buzzwords being thrown around left & right. "8k this" "10k that", "NVMe", "double the specs". Look at this thread as well: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/rumor-xbox-project-scarlett-target-specs-more-than-33476461/

Oh and the "secret sauce" rumors have started as well.

Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU

Reminds me of the time MisterXmedia was telling everyone that "Tiled Resources" was the Xbone's ace in the hole. good times..

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

If it turned out to be a fun game, would it matter?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Guess I'm in the minority then with this game cause I thought it looked pretty damn cool!

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

The X1X does 4K/30 with Lower than low settings... You guys have any idea the power need to run a game at 4K/60FPS?...

The only games that will look a generation ahead of this generation will be the ones run games with ray tracing and those will undoubtedly running at 4K/30FPS or worse.

A $400-500 console with a NVME and a Navi GPU which uses way too much power to run at 150-180 watts so wont be more powerful than a 5700 which is not going to be a generational leap from what we have now especially when you compare it to X1X.

These consoles are 1.5 step in terms of GPU power which is pretty much all that matters since at 4K its a GPU bottleneck with even a first generation Zen 1600 CPU underclocked.

This generation is going to be all about the CPU/NVMe and Ray Tracing, pretty much catch-up to PC gaming and will be sorely underpowered.

That said you people can't see the difference between resolution/framerate or settings everytime PC is brought up so I guess the real question is why does it matter?...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: 1440/60 is enough for most of us. Never understood the push for 4k, 8k or 12 and beyond. Game nowadays is already pretty jawdropping visually.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@tormentos: There will be games that blow anything else now out of the water.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R-Gamer

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: WTF are you talking about? Its 12 tflops on RDNA. It is officially more powerful then a 5700 and even a 5700xt. I know you hermits were hoping for toasters this gen but it ain't happening.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#24  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: WTF are you talking about? Its 12 tflops on RDNA. It is officially more powerful then a 5700 and even a 5700xt. I know you hermits were hoping for toasters this gen but it ain't happening.

Actually, we want the consoles to be as powerful as possible. That way they are not holding back multi-plats as much.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Honestly, the game graphics look just like a Chinese MMO PC game.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By R-Gamer

@BassMan: well maybe you do but alot of hermits on here seem to be in denial. This thing is officially 23% more powerful then a 5700xt and hes saying it wont beat a 5700? Lol what? I'm not even a huge Xbox fan but these specs are outstanding and about the best any console fanboy could hope for.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

@BassMan: well maybe you do but alot of hermits on here seem to be in denial. This thing is officially 23% more powerful then a 5700xt and hes saying it wont beat a 5700? Lol what? I'm not even a huge Xbox fan but these specs are outstanding and about the best any console fanboy could hope for.

Wait, you're saying hermits are in denial, but you aren't? And you say shit like that? Wow. Lol

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

now consoles are just pre built PC's with a locked down OS.

That's kind of what they have always been, but usually they would have to cut hardware to make it small and compact. MS said screw that, were just gonna make it like a PC and pack it with power.

I'm totally down with this, I game on PC but to a minimum, i need it for work and adobe software, its nice to have a separate box just for the games.

The consoles vs PC debate really isnt much of an argument at this point, they are both good for games, but PCs can do alot more than just play games and watch movies.

If they sell this thing for 500-600 bucks its a good alternative to spending 1300-1500 on a great rig, if all you care about is gaming and netflix. Different strokes for different folks.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: What am I in denial about exactly? The specs have been released and they are impressive. So please point out what I said is delusional?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DragonfireXZ95

@jeezers said:

now consoles are just pre built PC's with a locked down OS.

That's kind of what they have always been, but usually they would have to cut hardware to make it small and compact. MS said screw that, were just gonna make it like a PC and pack it with power.

I'm totally down with this, I game on PC but to a minimum, i need it for work and adobe software, its nice to have a separate box just for the games.

The consoles vs PC debate really isnt much of an argument at this point, they are both good for games, but PCs can do alot more than just play games and watch movies.

If they sell this thing for 500-600 bucks its a good alternative to spending 1300-1500 on a great rig, if all you care about is gaming and netflix. Different strokes for different folks.

Well, your PC cost is inflated. You can build a better system for 1k, but yeah, your point still stands as a good alternative.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: What am I in denial about exactly? The specs have been released and they are impressive. So please point out what I said is delusional?

For one, those specs aren't exactly outstanding. Secondly, depending on the cooling solution they use, the parts could be clocked down due to heat dispersion. Not taking these specs with a grain of salt is completely delusional, and you're setting yourself up for failure.

When they say that it's 10% more powerful than a 2070, don't assume that it's an overall measure of power. Assume that it's just one test. In other words, put an asterisk on everything as far as marketing goes.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: What are you talking about?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x%3famp

These are the actual specs.

Compare that to AMD cards on the same architecture. How is that not impressive? Your looking at a $1500 pc range to rival that. I'm not talking about supposed performance test.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Metro Exodus, RDR2 and AC: Odyssey on PC are next gen looking titles... I mean, I can't see how games could look any better than these.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@MonsieurX: Halo Infinite and Senua's saga look incredible though...

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

Compare that to AMD cards on the same architecture. How is that not impressive? Your looking at a $1500 pc range to rival that. I'm not talking about supposed performance test.

Okay, answer me this.

ProcessorCustom AMD Zen 2-based CPU (8x @ 3.6 GHz)
GraphicsCustom AMD Navi-based GPU (12 TF RDNA)
Memory16GB GDDR6 RAM (13GB guaranteed for game developers)
StorageNVMe SSD (we've heard read speeds of anywhere up to 2GB/s)
Video output8K, 4K @ 120Hz
Optical drive4K Blu-ray
PortsUnknown
ColorMatte Black
PriceUnknown
Release dateHoliday 2020

Processor: Is this single threaded speed or multi threaded? Is it hyperthreaded or not? Do you know?

Graphics: LOL @ the non specific specs. So, what's the GPU used in it?

Memory: AMD based processor but GDDR6 ram? What?

And no, I posted a build that's stronger in the post right above yours for 1k. I'll post it again because you're blind.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

Only 2 settings in the digital foundry vid on the X box one x rdr2 Version ran lower than low

You also forgot to mention how good it looks on the x, pristine they called it,

hah

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@r-gamer said:

Who said 12Tflops?

Phil said the GPU will be twice as powerful as a X1X, he didn't mention TFLOPs and for a good reason two a 5700XT uses 225w and just breaks 10TFLOPS with 80-90c in temps.

You people are delusional.

If they had a 12TFLOP console it would be plastered all over their reveal.

AND a little heads up to you a 5700 gives you 2x the gaming performance(framerate) to a RX 590.

12 TFLOPs on Navi... You people are the reason why they are not mentioning teraflops, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Grey_Eyed_Elf
@r-gamer said:

Quotes from the article:

"The Xbox Series X hasn't been fully detailed in terms of specs, but Microsoft has offered us some target comparisons, and we've had some leaks of our own that suggest this is a truly beastly system. Ultimately, Microsoft is generalizing the power increase as "four times" higher than the Xbox One X, given that direct comparisons are difficult due to the sheer volume of custom tech going into this system."

"Here's what it's looking like so far, based on the latest information, combined with our own sourcing, until we get official confirmation."

What are you talking about with "these are the ACTUAL specs"?...

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@r-gamer said:

Okay, answer me this.

Optical drive4K Blu-ray
PortsUnknown
ColorMatte Black
PriceUnknown
Release dateHoliday 2020

Processor: Is this single threaded speed or multi threaded? Is it hyperthreaded or not? Do you know?

And no, I posted a build that's stronger in the post right above yours for 1k. I'll post it again because you're blind.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@r-gamer said:

Quotes from the article:

"The Xbox Series X hasn't been fully detailed in terms of specs, but Microsoft has offered us some target comparisons, and we've had some leaks of our own that suggest this is a truly beastly system. Ultimately, Microsoft is generalizing the power increase as "four times" higher than the Xbox One X, given that direct comparisons are difficult due to the sheer volume of custom tech going into this system."

"Here's what it's looking like so far, based on the latest information, combined with our own sourcing, until we get official confirmation."

lol....rektd

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Graphics don't bother me that much, but looter- slasher? Nah. Looter- anything, count me out.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Game looks good to me, and thank god I'm not distracted by hair physics lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@fileman3 said:

Anyone else not that impressed with its graphics? Looks like it could’ve came out in 2017 on pc. Not saying it’s bad just not “next gen’

I'm not impressed with it graphically hopefully the gameplay makes up for it but yeah it's not wowing me in the graphical department.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@remiks00 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@r-gamer said:

Okay, answer me this.

Optical drive4K Blu-ray
PortsUnknown
ColorMatte Black
PriceUnknown
Release dateHoliday 2020

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@r-gamer said:

Quotes from the article:

lol....rektd

And let's be for real here. No way in hell MS or Sony is going to shell out $1,000 for a next-gen console and they gotta keep the console as cheap as possible. $500/$600 is all your going to get out of these next-gen consoles. (And this isn't taking into account you gotta pay online fees)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

I wasn't impressed by a single trailer at the vgas. Everything looked meh.

No gameplay footage, just cutscenes of future poorly told stories with underdeveloped characters...

Seriously tho, what business does a new IP have showing a cutscene? Do they think I'm going to buy the game because eif the way the characters voice sounds? Or the color of the armor during a cutscene? If you have ant to sell your new ip, then show it to me, don't ask me to care about characters I know nothing about.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: You just asked what GPU was in the console? Bahahaha. Jesus hermits are delusional.

You think they just popped it took it directly off the shelf. And no I was looking at your link through a mobile device it's unreadable.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: You just asked what GPU was in the console? Bahahaha. Jesus hermits are delusional.

You think they just popped it took it directly off the shelf. And no that build wouldn't necessarily outperform it.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R-Gamer

@remiks00: Windows central has been dead on everytime so I wouldn't say I'm rekt yet lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By R-Gamer

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: They wouldn't plaster 12 tf all over the console. To a general consumer it seems just 2x as powerful they wouldn't find that impressive. If it is 12 TF on RDNA my point stands it smokes a 5700. If its twice as powerful ( and windows central assumed 12tf) then their morons . As RDNA and GCN TF do not scale the same. Regardless it could be around 9tf on RDNA and still be twice as powerful as a X1X but your still not even comparing the correct generation of GPU's.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R-Gamer

@davillain-: You realize a console manufacturer paying $600 and you building your own PC for $600 are nothing close to the same? You also realize console manufacturers ( with the exception of Nintendo) lose money on the hardware?