Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

Lol anyway, Just a PSA....

I haven't preordered so won't be getting in which is fine since I want to experience it for the first time when I buy the game this March. :D

For SW purposes. Cows and Sheep, does SoT make you Randy or Salty. lolol :P

The Story.

---

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sea-of-thieves-beta-takes-place-this-month-heres-h/1100-6455994/

Sea Of Thieves Beta Takes Place This Month, Here's How To Get In

Select players can set sail later this month.

Microsoft's anticipated pirate game, Sea of Thieves, is set to launch for Xbox One and PC this spring, but some players will have a chance to go hands-on with the title much sooner. Following a technical alpha in December, developer Rare has announced the dates for its Sea of Thieves closed beta, which is scheduled to take place later this month.

The closed beta begins at 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET / 12 PM GMT on January 24 and runs until 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 8 AM GMT on January 29. Players who either joined the Sea of Thieves Insider Program prior to December 1, 2017 or have pre-ordered the title will be able to access the beta. Rare says the beta isn't a sample of the full game but a tailored experience "that offers a true taste of the pirate life."

If you pre-ordered Sea of Thieves digitally from the Xbox Store, the beta will automatically appear in your game library 24 hours before it begins. If you reserved the game at retail, you'll first need to redeem the code you received for the Black Dog cosmetic pack. Once you've done that, the beta will then likewise appear in your library the day before it starts. In both cases, you'll still need to download and install the beta before you can participate.

Sea of Thieves is an open-world, co-op adventure in which players can form pirate crews and plunder treasure, with the object being to become a "Pirate Legend" by increasing your reputation with each of the game's trading companies. Rare recently shared more details on how progression works in Sea of Thieves.

Sea of Thieves releases for Xbox One and PC on March 20. The game will support cross-play between the two platforms. Ahead of its launch, Microsoft is also releasing a cool limited-edition Sea of Thieves Xbox One controller. The controller will be available starting February 6 and comes with a Ferryman Clothing DLC set, as well as 14-day trials for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass. Dark Horse is also publishing a beautiful Sea of Thieves art book this year, while a Sea of Thieves graphic novel series from Titan Comics is set to debut in March.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

I beleive the NDA will be lifted too so we shall see more info about the game.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Not sure what cows and sheep should be salty about since it’s on PC lol. And that’s exactly where I’m going to enjoy playing the superiour version of this fun looking game.

Hopefully it will stay entertaining for more than two weeks.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Whoa I thought they announced Forza Horizon 4 or something.....cool, well I don't have much time for betas these days, but I got Sea of Thieves pre-ordered and I am looking forward to it. It looks like a fun and unique co-op adventure I hope it turns out well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice

@Sgt_Crow:

Oh yeah, how silly of me, I forgot all SW sheep and cows have those mega Pee Salty Seas. lol Enjoy the Exclusive Win 10 GOAT.... baby!!! :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

If it's fun I'll get the PC version. No way in hell I'm pre-ordering it to get into the beta.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@SecretPolice: every time I read one of yours posts I am left wondering if you are a giant troll who is just having fun of a super retarded fanboy:p

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Lol, that's right it's also on PC, LMFAO!

Xbone such an obsolete console.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Release it already.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

+1 for Monster Hunter World & Sea of Thieves

The world needs more co-op

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69089 Posts

This game is going to be an interesting game. It can be a game changer or a game flopper. I cannot nail its faith.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17401 Posts

I actually got to play it at a MS event here in Germany.

It was VERY different from what I thought it would be.

I thought it was just an open world, sea based team death match type game.

The game had actual missions with crew and ship building, lots of loot to find and collect around the world, islands to explore, etc.

I dont think they are marketing this game correctly.

What i played was super fun and addictive.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12056 Posts

Hopefully I get in.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

But you'll need to wait until launch to play the GOAT with the COAT. Unfortunately, Sea of Thieves Controller doesnt launch until Feb. Would have been nice to have for the beta.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

That's pretty cool how people have lanterns for night sailing. The water is looking nice and realistic.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice

@djoffer said:

@SecretPolice: every time I read one of yours posts I am left wondering if you are a giant troll who is just having fun of a super retarded fanboy:p

This is the first and last time I'm reading one of your posts since I think by doing so I lost 5 IQ points and now I'm only at a 195. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice

@BigBadBully said:

But you'll need to wait until launch to play the GOAT with the COAT. Unfortunately, Sea of Thieves Controller doesnt launch until Feb. Would have been nice to have for the beta.

GOAT with the COAT....

Hahahahah.... Well played. :D

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I played the Alpha... Got invited to the Beta.

Honestly... Not a huge fan of what I played. I enjoyed parts of it but its not a game that will be commercially successful nor will it have great reviews its a solid game that is not what is advertised the game play is slow and repetitive and the MMO parts are "babys first MMO" level of stuff.

Its a 6-7/10 game as it stands now.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grey_Eyed_Elf

As for the gameplay videos... The gameplay snippets are what you see for 2-3 minutes of a hour of boring grind, even that 1 hour plus footage is a combination of gameplay. Here's what you actually do with a hour of the game:

Loading Video...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SecretPolice

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Freaking looks amazingly more fun than a barrel of SW monkeys. lol

Anyway, opinions be like that and you seem to be going outta your way to downplay the game where as others here who've been playing SoT disagree big time. Now Star Citizen on the other hand, wow, what a stinking pile of boredom. lol :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

I was gonna buy the PC version anyways and I don't wanna play the beta because I want to go in fresh. Out of sight, out of mind.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

I really like the look of this game and am hoping that it really turns out well. While I am quite tempted to try it out with the beta I think I’ll just wait until the game releases. I have enough on my plate right now anyways.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@SecretPolice said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Freaking looks amazingly more fun than a barrel of SW monkeys. lol

Anyway, opinions be like that and you seem to be going outta your way to downplay the game where as others here who've been playing SoT disagree big time. Now Star Citizen on the other hand, wow, what a stinking pile of boredom. lol :P

Going out of my way to voice my opinion. I do that because a lot of people love to talk about games they have never played and hype them... Like you.

Its boring game, and that's my opinion from my experience with the game and I'll play the Beta to see if anything is added that will change that experience from me because unlike you I don't really have a agenda... I just want to play good games, and burying your head in the sand is not going to do that. I am also a part of SoT's forums as you can see in the email... I give feedback to the developers on their forums and WANT a better experience, you seem to be happy with mediocrity and that's okay lots of people suffer from long term brain injuries.

As for your jab at Star Citizen, I don't care for it and never have. Also lol at the end of each sentence makes you seem just a small bit mentally challenged.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Lol.... sea of thieves...Goat

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Nothing about this game screams GOAT. Looks to be another flop from M$.

I'll eat crow if wrong, but I doubt it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@SecretPolice said:

Going out of my way to voice my opinion. I do that because a lot of people love to talk about games they have never played and hype them... Like you.

Its boring game, and that's my opinion from my experience with the game and I'll play the Beta to see if anything is added that will change that experience from me because unlike you I don't really have a agenda... I just want to play good games, and burying your head in the sand is not going to do that. I am also a part of SoT's forums as you can see in the email... I give feedback to the developers on their forums and WANT a better experience, you seem to be happy with mediocrity and that's okay lots of people suffer from long term brain injuries.

As for your jab at Star Citizen, I don't care for it and never have. Also lol at the end of each sentence makes you seem just a small bit mentally challenged.

Unholy childish temper tantrum fangirl. Quite the meltdown. How embarrassing. lololol

And all for pointing out others opinions disagree with yours. Many of those opinions that disagree with yours are people I know and one being my adult son who's been in the beta from the beginning. Also the one hour of SoT that you posted looks worlds more entertaining than an hour of any shooter where one can say all you do is run around shooting each other, how boring right yet they are some of the highest rated most played games, go figure eh?

And then you go down super low with a pleb like insult, I mean, why be so mean to the truly mentally challenged by comparing them to likes of me. They'll not be happy about that and I can't blame'em hahahah

:P

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

The game looks pretty fun. Hopefully those treasure hunts aren't much time consuming.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SecretPolice: And here I was thinking you were talking about Forza Horizon.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@SecretPolice: I pre ordered as soon as date was revealed, and have been in the Alpha since Feb 2017. So I basically played it every Wed since like May. Watching it grow into what it has become has been great. I made so many cool gaming friends through this alpha. I am apart of the Greedy Pirates club from the Xbox forum on this site as well as two other groups.

Don't get me wrong, I love my SP games and PS are kings at it. But why am I paying Sony $60/year for then? I rarely play any of the free games from either service so being truthful it comes down to MP and Sony couldn't care less about it. One of their WW heads told Greg Miller basically.

But I have my Xbox and Live for social, laugh filled fun gaming with other human beings. Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States ?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@SecretPolice said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@SecretPolice said:

Unholy childish temper tantrum fangirl. Quite the meltdown. How embarrassing. lololol

And all for pointing out others opinions disagree with yours. Many of those opinions that disagree with yours are people I know and one being my adult son who's been in the beta from the beginning. Also the one hour of SoT that you posted looks worlds more entertaining than an hour of any shooter where one can say all you do is run around shooting each other, how boring right yet they are some of the highest rated most played games, go figure eh?

And then you go down super low with a pleb like insult, I mean, why be so mean to the truly mentally challenged by comparing them to likes of me. They'll not be happy about that and I can't blame'em hahahah

:P

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

Solid 6/10 game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Oh, thought this was a DBFZ thread lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It’s gonna be hilarious when this flops. What’s the official hype for this?