Give reasons why you wouldn't buy each of consoles

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Let me start with myself:

Wii U:

• extremely poor 3rd party support (but then again I wouldn't rely on multiplats)
  • some major 1st party games like Metroid still don't have their installments there
  • lack of multiplayer component in a lot of games
  • it isn't still priced reasonably enough

Xbox One:

• Multimedia / Kinect / TV integration still needs some refinement, it's not all that it's cracked up to be
  • Still lacks some essential system features from its last-gen counterpart
  • Multiplats somewhat gimped due to lack of proper drivers and only recent introduction of improved development kits - worried about the long-term future in this aspect
  • I'm very afraid about that MS support won't be as good in Poland where I live as it is in America and in the biggest European markets as in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy...
  • I'm unsure if Microsoft will strike a deal with any of TV providers in my country and I'm afraid I will still not have an access to several nice features availble in America
  • I'm afraid it will cost the same in my country as it did in UK on launch, despite being released a whole year after. That and I suspect they won't even provide a single game with the bundle.
  • They haven't implemented Games with Gold on it yet.
  • high power consumption on standby
  • lack of Freeview integration (it's the HD TV free channels via DVBT after you just plugged it to a wall tv socket)
  • having to have Xbox One powered on in order to use a cable box - seems not economic if you think of electricity bills, make it work on standby or hibernated or something, but not ALWAYS ON
  • everything's behind a paywall
  • certain stupid indie policies but they improved this

PS4:

• not interested in any announced or hitherto released exclusives at all (as if: I'd rather get Wii U for its exclusives)
  • Lack of essential system features to be found on PS3
  • little variety among exclusives or console exclusives so far
  • I'd appreciate more attempts at differentiating itself as a next-gen machine, apart from its raw processing power...different kinds of functionality would be welcome
  • PSN is of inferior architecture to XBL

Actually, I don't mind lack of power in Wii U and some of its exclusives really interest me more than anything else on any other consoles, and whereas I listed a lot less points about PS4, they are a lot stronger reservations than this multitude of bullets I listed for Xbox One. But there, of course, isn't just "one system to rule them all" for me.

Everything has its pros and cons.

For the record, I - of course - don't own any of next-gen systems. But if YOU do, then do as you please - you can list them all, or you can list only those which you don't own yet.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

lack of funds is the only reason, if I had the money I'd buy each console and all the games I could

I'd buy all the multiplats on the system I find most favorable and use the others to play their exclusives, did that last gen when I had a more expendable income

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

X1/PS4/WiiU--Not enough compelling games

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

xbox one: kinect, multimedia, 100 dollars more than ps4 yet less powerful, halo gears forza

wii U: weakest of the three, lack of online focus, although some of the exclusives look really good and i want the new smash bros coming out

ps4: already have one although they are off to a slow start

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@lostrib said:

This. Obviously this will change in time but as of right now I am happy to stick with my PS3.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Well considering that I just recently got a PS3 (2 days ago), I have no plans to get any of the 8th-gen consoles any time soon.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries
said:

Wii U:

• extremely poor 3rd party support (but then again I wouldn't rely on multiplats)
  • some major 1st party games like Metroid still don't have their installments there
  • lack of multiplayer component in a lot of games

Xbox One:

• Multimedia / Kinect / TV integration still needs some refinement, it's not all that it's cracked up to be
  • Still lacks some essential system features from its last-gen counterpart
  • Multiplats somewhat gimped due to lack of proper drivers and only recent introduction of improved development kits - worried about the long-term future in this aspect
  • I'm very afraid about that MS support won't be as good in Poland where I live as it is in America and in the biggest European markets as in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy...
  • I'm unsure if Microsoft will strike a deal with any of TV providers in my country and I'm afraid I will still not have an access to several nice features availble in America
  • I'm afraid it will cost the same in my country as it did in UK on launch, despite being released a whole year after. That and I suspect they won't even provide a single game with the bundle.
  • They haven't implemented Games with Gold on it yet.
  • high power consumption on standby
  • lack of Freeview integration (it's the HD TV free channels via DVBT after you just plugged it to a wall tv socket)
  • having to have Xbox One powered on in order to use a cable box - seems not economic if you think of electricity bills, make it work on standby or hibernated or something, but not ALWAYS ON
  • everything's behind a paywall
  • certain stupid indie policies but they improved this

PS4:

• not interested in any announced or hitherto released exclusives at all (as if: I'd rather get Wii U for its exclusives)
  • little variety among exclusives or console exclusives so far
  • I'd appreciate more attempts at differentiating itself as a next-gen machine, apart from its raw processing power...different kinds of functionality would be welcome
  • PSN is of inferior architecture to XBL

Actually, I don't mind lack of power in Wii U and some of its exclusives really interest me more than anything else on any other consoles, and whereas I listed a lot less points about PS4, they are a lot stronger reservations than this multitude of bullets I listed for Xbox One. But there, of course, isn't just "one system to rule them all" for me.

Everything has its pros and cons.

For the record, I - of course - don't own any of next-gen systems. But if YOU do, then do as you please - you can list them all, or you can list only those which you don't own yet.

Your Wii U reasons are stupid.

No shit? It's two years old. Do you think the PS4 will have a representative of every one of it's exclusives at the two year mark? No.

No, you just aren't being a reasonable consumer.

Your other points are valid for now. but soon Smash and MK8 will be out and you will have your multiplayer games.

shitty 3rd party support is just a given with nintendo consoles anymore it seems.

My problems with the wii U are more with the system itself. The settings menu shouldn't take that long to load for instance.

There is so much wrong with the x1 I don't know where to beging, nor would I want to list it out here.

PS4 needs games but it's new system so that's expected.

Also TC XBL is not superior anymore. You can tell yourself that all you want too, PS+ is by far the better service because it is just that. It's an actual service instead of just locking different functions of your system behind a paywall.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

I have a gaming PC. The only system worth buying right now, purely for games I couldn't get on PC, is the Wii U. Infamous isn't going to make me buy a PS4. Ryse, Kinect garbage, and Deadrising 3 isn't going to make me want an XB1. That new Donkey Kong though...gimmie a Wii U.

comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

Already own a PS4 so ill just list the others:

XBONE: Kinect bundled with system, Not enough games I'm interested in, Don't really like certain things about the controller.

Wii U: weak system (GPU capability), weak 3rd party support, no compelling games for it, lackluster online features.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries:

Wii U:

Xbox One:

PS4:

BECAUSE U ARE IN POLAND ...

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

For starters I own all three consoles, so I'll list things I'm worried about --

Wii U -- Year-long game droughts akin to 2008. That's about it.

Xbox One -- Ending up a vastly different console than I purchased at the start, a la the Xbox 360 abandoning all the exclusive franchises I bought the system for (All of Rare's IP, Project Gotham, etc...).

Ps4 -- It aging as poorly as the Ps3 did. Hour long updates, outdated interface, and the like... I hope they planned around that this time.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Xone : You kiddin' me ? I ain't gonna pay a rusted penny for that piece of trash.

PS4 : Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream are still silent.

Nintendo : Does Nintendo even have a next gen console ?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

XB!

• price
  • ancient hardware
  • absolutely no games I would want

WiiU

• It's a Wii

PS4

• somewhat ancient hardware

Overall

• They offer me no benefit or exclusive thing that my PC doesn't already do better
KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Because a slow month of PC gaming means a couple dozen releases.

Because in ten years I won't be able to play my games anymore unless I repurchase them. Fallout is two decades old and I still revisit it when I want to watch the second best ending in the history of gaming.

Because modder is a term for someone who needs to be banned instead of someone who made my game better. Seriously what the hell consoles?

Because all the crazy, doofy, and just plain odd niche games I adore are just now starting to show up there.

Because I pay Comcast to go online thank you, not Sony or Microsoft. The stuff that flies on consoles is just mind boggling. How were online passes even a thing? Why is what content you get dictated by what platform you purchase it on, or what store you purchase it from? How in the name of all that is fluffy is there a paywall between you and content on the disk you already purchased? A paywall between you and the internet is bad enough, but you and the content on the disk you purchased?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@wis3boi said:

XB!

• price
  • ancient hardware

WiiU

• It's a Wii

PS4

• somewhat ancient hardware

Overall

• They offer me no benefit or exclusive thing that my PC doesn't already do better

This and controller sucks too. KB/M FTW.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@Merex760 said:

I have a gaming PC. The only system worth buying right now, purely for games I couldn't get on PC, is the Wii U. Infamous isn't going to make me buy a PS4. Ryse, Kinect garbage, and Deadrising 3 isn't going to make me want an XB1.

This, except I already have a Wii U. I will get a PS4 eventually, but all the games I want probably aren't going to be out till late 2015-early 2016. I'm probably never going to get an Xbone because I'm tired of Microsoft's bullshit, plus it has no games, plus it's all around too expensive.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts
@SNIPER4321 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I agree zeeshan, you are one of those here who always speak the truth.

i cannot stand controller. i mean controller is good for adventure, fighter and JRPG. but im no fan of them. FPS cant work with controller. and Thats the Fact.

this is why so many feature are cut down in order to work with contorller.

Why pick? You can get an old wired 360 controller for like ten bucks.Just plug it in and you are done. Shoot guys with a mouse, and switch to a controller for combo heavy games like Batman or Sleeping Dogs.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@SNIPER4321 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

i cannot stand controller. i mean controller is good for adventure, fighter and JRPG. but im no fan of them. FPS cant work with controller. and Thats the Fact.

Glad to find a like minded person.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zeeshanhaider

@kittennose said:
@SNIPER4321 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Why pick? You can get an old wired 360 controller for like ten bucks.Just plug it in and you are done. Shoot guys with a mouse, and switch to a controller for combo heavy games like Batman or Sleeping Dogs.

I can combo and fight just fine in Batman and Sleeping Dogs. Hell I play Hack n Slash with KB/M absolutely fine and must better than I would with a controller.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

FPS cant work with controller. and Thats the Fact.

It can work with a controller though. It's just not ideal. There are very few genres that are especially suited for keyboard and mouse, and these genres are generally the most boring. Like first person shooters.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#23 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Lack of funds.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

I just use this rule of thumb about buying the console that's going to have the exclusives franchises you enjoy most. So naturally was PS4 for me. The battle for my money regarding Ninty and MS is when Ninty finally announces Bayo2 release date and MS finally shows off more QB with early/mid 2015 release date. I imagine I'll be getting the WiiU sooner though as hopefully they'll give it another price cut seeing as the hardware is basically spiraling the drain, bargin price + Bayo2 would be an easy purchase.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@Merex760 said:

I have a gaming PC. The only system worth buying right now, purely for games I couldn't get on PC, is the Wii U. Infamous isn't going to make me buy a PS4. Ryse, Kinect garbage, and Deadrising 3 isn't going to make me want an XB1. That new Donkey Kong though...gimmie a Wii U.

Pretty much this (except I already have a Wii U). I will pick up the other consoles if/when the exclusive games come that I want to play.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

Got a PC,Ps4 and getting a WiiU this may with mk8, No need to get a X1. Nothing on the X1 interests me and mp on X1 looks crap compared to Ps4 and PC

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Only getting one system this generation. In the past, I always got all of them. But since more and more games are going multiplat, there is no sense buying more than one anymore.

I refuse to buy Wii U because of the crappy third-party support and most exclusives are platformers, which I have played enough of in the NES era. I refuse to buy XBone because of the BS they tried to pull, and their exclusives are mostly FPSes, which I could care less about.

So that leaves the PS4. Sure, the games support is pretty thin right now. But anyone that looks at every console launch in history will see that it always takes a few years for a console to get a really good library.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

PS4 - lack of compelling titles at the moment.

Wii U - force on unused expensive hardware that doesn't add to gaming experience. Lack of 3rd parties & eventho it will have unique games its coming in very slow - long game droughts. (Already own this tho)

XbOne - force on unnecessary expensive hardware that doesn't add to gaming experience, spycam, works with NSA :p . Lack of compelling titles.

:p

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

X1: Kinect

Wii U: I'm over 12.

PS4: Too late. I already own one.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

PS4: Already have one

WiiU: Decided I am getting one

XBone: Do not want. Microsoft changed their tune with gamers back when they launched Kinect for the 360 and I don't give a shit what a talking suit at MS says. Until they de-bundle Kinect, I won't even consider getting this garbage POS. In fact, I might not get one even if they do that just because I think they need to take a dive this gen for all the bullshit they tried to pull with this thing. It's become a matter of principle at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Going into the theoretical given the only thing I don't have is an X1.

Wii U:

- pretty much hampered by the overall lack of games, which is mostly to blame for the mostly multiplat envioment we live in now, and Thus the lack of 3rd party suppot since it is not on par with the console siblings at a hardware level.

- An unreasonable conservative set of ideas present in the games they chose to make, Ever since conception games like fatal frame was a near no brainer for this.

PS4:

- Little to no games that are not also (and often better) on PC. It is still early so basicly this is an early adopter thing, It might well (and expect it to) be better in the future.

- Sony seemingly mildly confused or rather taken back by the initial sucess of the PS4, so feels like they are struggeling to catch up with the consumerbase.

- While Price/performance is good, it shows Little reasons to buy one yet (hardwarewise)

- only 2 USB ports

X1:

- Horribly messed up initial vision, causing widespread confusion and outright disdain for the system.

- Like its comtemporary (PS4) Seems a tad lost as to where they want it to go.

- Alot of services still having kinks and voice/motion control still a pain in its new iteration.

- Pretty much appeals specifically to the US with Little to come for if you are from outside the US (the focus on cable and US specific sports, which might not be supported, or are of no interrest outside the US).

- A relatively high pricepoint for relatively Little hardware.

- Feels rushed with most of the internal Programs (such as the OS) not being completed by release

- Also suffers from a lack of games as its Sibling, Again just launched expecting differently is a failure on the consumer part.

3DS:

- relatively poor graphical capabilities

- 3D never caught on

- Feels slightly fragile (3DXL)

- Overall poor battery life

- Sub par speakers

Vita:

- Never really caught on in the West, so support from western market is somewhat limited

- Filled with gimmicks, and most of those are rarely used in games for any real purpose

- Memory Cards, expensive as heck.

- unforgivably poor battery life

- OLED screens a bit iffy (Look up the Burn in) (solved in new vitas)

- Discarded by potential consumerbase due to smart phones (which is a shame).

PC: Yeh not a console I know :P

- Most expensive out of the box.

- Requires most manual maintenance out of all the platforms

- requires alot of awareness on the consumer part, in order NOT to buy something that is really poor, but stuffed in a shiney case.

- No Uniform easy understandible system for consumers to see what the system can play, and what It can not.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Wii U: I am close to buying but it seems like Nintendo could pull the plug at any moment.

PS4: LoL, just because it's Sony.

Xbox ONE: Hmm, I have to really think hard about this one.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

WiiU:

• Weak system, weak features and very expensive price.. would only buy for $99 or below
  • Weak line-up of games and i dont want anything with Mario's face in it
  • Tablet like controller is lulz worthy

but i would buy at any price if a pokemon game gets announced and i mean a full pokemon game not some fighting shit

PS4:

• Will buy one this summer.

XboxOne:

• Xbox360 was enough to convince me to never ever touch another xbox console ever again.
  • terrible library of games and terrible first party developers
  • major focus on FPS's and those so called manly/bloody games make the xbox even less interesting
  • It will never get Japanese support so even more reasons to be less interested in it
  • Expensive and weaker system
  • XBLA is $10 more expensive than the other service
  • a lot of services dont even work without paying for XBLA first.. lulz worthy
  • the console dosent allow for HDD change

PC:

• I have a PC but im just not a fan of gaming on it.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Xbox One/PS4 - Neither company has exclusive franchises that entice me to buy their system. Multiplats are great, but the system needs to have something I want and can't get anywhere else. They just don't have anything for me yet. Aside from that reason, I'm less likely to buy the Xbox One over the PS4 due to bad experiences with Xbox products in the past.

I have my Wii U and PC for gaming, and I've been pretty happy with the combination. They have the exclusive software I want, and whatever multiplatform games don't come to the Wii U(and there's a lot), I get them on PC.

Why not get every multiplatform game on PC? My electric bill is significantly lower when I do most of my gaming on Wii U, and the performance is acceptable in all the multiplatform games I have for it.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Just listing the one I don't have.

Xbox one:

Don't care for the TV features so why do I have to pay $10 more on xbox live for something I'll never use.

Don't care for motion controls so why do I have to pay $100 more for the console when we all know it's not really needed

Xbox one will fail in japan which means it will miss out on some game series that I love such as Tales of, ect.

Don't have room for the console because it is so big and also kinetic, I could take my ps3 down but I still use it

Owning both the og xbox and the 360 I know MS will not support their console longer than the competition

Xbox exclusives are weakening Gears= no epic, Halo= No Bungie, Forza= Microtransaction fest ect.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I haven't bought a "next gen" console because I have been converted to PC. Also, I am not very excited about future releases, except a few; Evil Within, Dying Light, and Evolve are the only games that slightly excite me and my PC will play those games completely maxed out. I simply don't have 1 reason to purchase a console as of right now.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

X1/WiiU:Don't want one simple as that

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

PS4 = no games

X1 = no games

WiiU = Only a few games

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

WiiU

• Not enough games at the moment
  • Outdated hardware, but Nintendo still makes great looking games on it. DKC and mario Kart 8 look great
  • Lack of 3rd party support. But I by my Nintendo consoles for nintendo games mostly anyway
  • needs new IP

PS4

• PS4 controllers battery life is horrible
  • PS4 controllers lightbar is unnecessary

Xbone

• Only interested in QB
  • After a few years MS will most likely do the same as with 360 and release nothing but Halo/forza/gears
  • Unnecessary Kinect inclusion
  • More expensive yet less powerful than a PS4
  • Xbone controller still uses AA batteries
  • Clear lack of interest in smaller markets like my country
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Let me just put this out there: NO SYSTEM SINCE LAST GEN HAS HAD A SINGLE MUST HAVE EXCLUSIVE.

Wii-U:

- Overpriced for how weak it is.

-Kiddy trash IMO

-Still, has the most compelling exclusives but not enough to make me buy it.

X1:

-Overpriced.

-I haven't had cable TV in close to a decade.

-I actually believe MS was making steps in the right direction with the once a day check in and second hand games blocking, but it just happened too fast. They probably should have done just one this gen and saved the other for next gen.

-Waving my hands like an idiot and talking to my X1 doesn't seem like fun.

-Designed too much around Kinect. I know a few core gamers have a hard on for this thing, but I am not one of them.

PS4:

-My console of choice.

-Appropriately priced.

-The most power.

-Completely worthless features like the "share" button, but you have to appease the casuals now.

-Project Morpheus has potential...............

-Took the easy way out with going with used games. You want to point your fingers at somebody for maybe the demise of gaming as we know it, maybe do it at Sony for siding with Gamestop. They didn't really have a choice IMO.

BOTTOM LINE:

I just want a console I can play games on, stream movies/music, and watch Blu-rays on. EXACTLY like my PS3 gave me this gen.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

PS4: Only two games I want to play (that's enough to get me honestly)

WiiU: 100 less than PS4 but not much better in terms of power than PS3/360, I don't like all Nintendo games.

Xbox one: I bought it because I wanted it and its awesome.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I bought them all.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

One: Kinect, Price, Lack of games, Size, Multimedia.

WiiU: No Zelda, No Metroid, Price.

PS4: N/A.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Wii-U: Got one already. The lack of good third-party support is still a problem, but not big enough of a problem to affect my purchase. I love Nintendo and their games always deliver. I also own a PC, which makes me able to enjoy the best versions of those good games that comes only for PS, XB and PC.

PS4: Well, right now it doesn't have any games, and I doubt I'll be interested in their games in the future. There are always some games on other platforms that interest me, but not enough to buy the whole console for. PS3 had one game I absolutely loved called Dead Nation, but that was not worth getting a PS3 for.

Xbone: So far there is one game I'm interested in, which is Killer Instinct. I'm not getting an Xbone because of that one game, and I haven't seen any other games that look interesting. The big focus on Kinect, which isn't interesting to me at all, does not help either.

So for me, it's always and always will be about the games.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Wii U: I already own a Wii U and feel it's the only worth while new console at the moment, but the main draw back is the lack of third party support.

PS4: I'd like Sony's first party to focus more on quality gameplay experiences rather than cinematic ones. Their first party last gen was really mediocre for the most part because of that IMHO. Their next big IP, The Order, doesn't bode well so far.

Xbox One: Again, my lack of interest, if anything, has to do with the first party. They seem to lack in this area more than the other two in terms of quantity. It would be nice to see them really invest in their own studios so that they have some big recognizable studios like Retro or Naughty Dog.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:

this

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#48 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

@lostrib said:

^This

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries:

With the exception of the WiiU, none of the current gen consoles have shit for games right now.