KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#301 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

This doesn't look like Demon's Souls 2 but more like the next evolution of the Souls series. It's probably a new IP and it looks like Souls meets Shadow Tower. Also, it's definitely PS4 exclusive.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

This doesn't look like Demon's Souls 2 but more like the next evolution of the Souls series. It's probably a new IP and it looks like Souls meets Shadow Tower. Also, it's definitely PS4 exclusive.

I'd actually be ok with this. I'm playing kings field 2 at the moment and surprisingly enjoying myself despite the absolutely shit performance. I wish there was a way to make the movement smoother because the game itself is pretty rad, it's like an early version of darksouls mixed with zelda and some real asshole difficulty.

It could also have elements of demons souls lore entwined in it tho, since Sony is working on this also From has free reign to do whatever. I definitely feel it's going to be a much larger game world, they don't have to cater to hardware from 2005 anymore.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000

Demons Souls won game of the year :-\

I know. Too bad the game is terrible. How it even managed to get nominated, let alone beat out Uncharted 2, is a mystery to me.

To casuals its terrible, cause it owns them.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000

I know. Too bad the game is terrible. How it even managed to get nominated, let alone beat out Uncharted 2, is a mystery to me.

It has more to do with the controls being slow and clunky, the enemies having zombie AI, and the poor RPG mechanics, really.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000

It has more to do with the controls being slow and clunky, the enemies having zombie AI, and the poor RPG mechanics, really.

Really? I thought it was neck and neck for goty that year. Not sure how UC2 was that much better than Demon Souls.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#306  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000

I'll just say that I strongly disagree with you, but I'll respect your opinion.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 PurpleMan5000

@ladyblue said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000

Really? I thought it was neck and neck for goty that year. Not sure how UC2 was that much better than Demon Souls.

Seriously, if the game had a quick save mechanic, everyone would be talking about how the game is way too easy and how the combat mechanics suck. A game doesn't become good just because a developer decides to implement an oldschool approach to saves. Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox has long stretches between saves and brutal difficulty, but it is an amazing game because the gameplay rocks. Dying a lot and repeating segments of that game is fine, because going through those segments is a blast and the controls allow for a ton of diversity in taking them on.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ladyblue said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000

Seriously, if the game had a quick save mechanic, everyone would be talking about how the game is way too easy and how the combat mechanics suck. A game doesn't become good just because a developer decides to implement an oldschool approach to saves. Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox has long stretches between saves and brutal difficulty, but it is an amazing game because the gameplay rocks. Dying a lot and repeating segments of that game is fine, because going through those segments is a blast and the controls allow for a ton of diversity in taking them on.

Actually I hate the fact that you can't pause, or have quick saves. I liked the game because of the gameplay mechanics, the enemies, and just plain awesome world. Difficulty, not letting me pause or quick save had no influence on me enjoying the game. Ninja Gaiden was awesome too.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 PurpleMan5000

@ladyblue said:

Actually I hate the fact that you can't pause, or have quick saves. I liked the game because of the gameplay mechanics, the enemies, and just plain awesome world. Difficulty, not letting me pause or quick save had no influence on me enjoying the game. Ninja Gaiden was awesome too.

I don't know. I wanted to like the game. I really did. I bought it day one. It just got to the point where I would die and simply not want to go through the level again. I had no desire to slowly walk around and pick off the same enemies one by one, avoid the same traps in the same locations every time, etc. There are lots of other games where I die a lot, but still want to come back for more. That just isn't the case for Demon's Souls for me. I am glad that people like the game, though. I just have trouble understanding what it is that people like about it. It doesn't click for me, at all.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ladyblue said:

I don't know. I wanted to like the game. I really did. I bought it day one. It just got to the point where I would die and simply not want to go through the level again. I had no desire to slowly walk around and pick off the same enemies one by one, avoid the same traps in the same locations every time, etc. There are lots of other games where I die a lot, but still want to come back for more. That just isn't the case for Demon's Souls for me. I am glad that people like the game, though. I just have trouble understanding what it is that people like about it. It doesn't click for me, at all.

Good job. Wondering what your doing here then, instead of a dead ninja gaiden thread. I know, because talking about set combos off paper is not as interesting a battle mechanic.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 PurpleMan5000

@alcapello said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ladyblue said:

Good job. Wondering what your doing here then, instead of a dead ninja gaiden thread. I know, because talking about set combos off paper is not as interesting a battle mechanic.

I used a lot of x-x-y, then went where I felt from there. Also did a lot of that that quick jump, then y attack to send heads flying, lol. Ninja Gaiden was challenging because it had a huge move list and took some mastering, and the enemies moved and jumped around and had diverse move sets of their own. Demon's Souls is challenging because it has a very basic move list that doesn't allow you to do what you want against enemies that are ridiculously predictable. Basically, the 2 games are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. I only used NG as an example because it has a similar system of not having checkpoints everywhere, collecting souls/essence for loot, and being hard to beat.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#312  Edited By f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

@ladyblue said:

You do know the game is constantly saving every few seconds right? You can stop at any point and log out and you will resume right where you left off..

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By AmazonAngry

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000

Uh...Demon's Souls actually has the quickest combat out of all three games. :-/ not sure what zombie ai is, and whats poor about the rpg elements?

Pretty convinced you haven't played it.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#314 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

this game may actually interest me on the DS/DS series

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Pretty awesome. Happy for PS4 fans. If I had a PS4, I'd get it but I'm not losing sleep because I can't play it...

It looks like a fun game. That's it. It's not revolutionary or a graphical showcase.

Some of you "cows" hype a game WAY too much and tell other fan bases their jealous without them even saying anything...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Uh...Demon's Souls actually has the quickest combat out of all three games. :-/ not sure what zombie ai is, and whats poor about the rpg elements?

Pretty convinced you haven't played it.

I bought it day one and spent 7 or 8 hours with it. The RPG elements are poor in the sense that the game would be a lot better off without them. Oh, and zombi AI means that the enemies just walk up to you and use their attack. They don't use any tactics.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

Pretty awesome. Happy for PS4 fans. If I had a PS4, I'd get it but I'm not losing sleep because I can't play it...

It looks like a fun game. That's it. It's not revolutionary or a graphical showcase.

Some of you "cows" hype a game WAY too much and tell other fan bases their jealous without them even saying anything...

Oh come on, you must bit at least a bit upset not being able to play it if you enjoyed the previous 'Souls. I must admit if it was a Xbox One exclusive I would be upset about not being able to play it, because there is no way in hell I would ever buy an Xbox One.

A game does not need to be revolutionary to be a must have, Gran Turismo is not revolutionary but it's a must have, GTA is not revolutionary but it's a must have, I could go on... although it's a shame 'Souls does not have a huge following like some other games do.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By AmazonAngry

@PurpleMan5000: "i bought it day one and spent 7 or 8 hours with it. The RPG elements are poor in the sense that the game would be a lot better off without them. Oh, and zombi AI means that the enemies just walk up to you and use their attack. They don't use any tactics."

Nothing in this made any sense and is barely believable.

Every souls game enemy does this. They see you, they head towards you. Rpg elements better left out? Care to explain? 7-8 hours? Cmon. Just admit. You never played it, or, it owned you hard and you quit.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@amazonangry said:

@PurpleMan5000: "i bought it day one and spent 7 or 8 hours with it. The RPG elements are poor in the sense that the game would be a lot better off without them. Oh, and zombi AI means that the enemies just walk up to you and use their attack. They don't use any tactics."

Nothing in this made any sense and is barely believable.

Every souls game enemy does this. They see you, they head towards you. Rpg elements better left out? Care to explain? 7-8 hours? Cmon. Just admit. You never played it, or, it owned you hard and you quit.

Demon's is the only Souls game that I have played. I didn't like it enough to buy the others. My first character was a wizard. I got to start off with a spell, but it ran out very fast and then I had to melee. That isn't much of a wizard. So I switched to a tower knight (not sure if that is the correct name, been a few years). I lumbered through the first level and beat the boss that was basically just a bunch of shields and spears very easily. Probably died 4 or 5 times going through. Then I played around on some mine level and got to a guy who shoots fireballs. I also wandered around below that for a while. I stopped playing the game because it isn't much fun, though. It was pretty hilarious watching that tower knight try to roll away from the fireballs, though. I say the RPG elements would be better left out because they are mostly pointless. It doesn't really matter which starting class you pick, as far as I can tell. Pick a wizard and you are going to end up mostly meleeing anyway, at least for a pretty long time.

I also hated how I had some sort of polearm and could only swing it around, and I also found a sword that could only stab. I wanted to stab with the polearm, and it made no sense to me why that wasn't an option. It was useless in tight spaces. Just little things like that ruined the game for me. Maybe the game gets better. It must, or nobody in their right mind would think it is even decent, let alone great. The problem is that if I have to play more than 20 hours to get to the good part, then I'm not going to do it. I have been told that FF13 gets better, but it wasn't good after 7-8 hours, so I stopped playing it, too. My backlog is pretty big and there is no sense spending a ton of hours on games that aren't fun.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

Sony's E3 can suck all the balls in the 3rd world for all I care, as long as they show this game

this and only this. 1:30m of gameplay is all im asking for

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Every time a PS launches fans of other systems say it has no games for the first 1+ years & then it gets tons of games there after.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 clr84651

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Sweenix said:

Don't like demon souls. Would rather sony to fund something different

Now yer just talkin like a crazy person

Demon's Souls is my favorite of the 3 made.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Sweenix said:

Same here. DS2 is definitely my least.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#324  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Gigaton? Nah. Looks pretty good though.

It's megaton and huge blow to Xflop. Also hermits will cry when they realize they got they a bootleg Souls game earlier this year.

Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Breaks are basically dog shit compared to this. Hope Microsoft has something for E3 other than Halo remasters and Forza spin-offs or it's over already.

Wow. You've seen what 3 gifs? I think if those gifs had leaked with a slo mo of Kaz getting on the bowl, you'd still be this happy/excited.

On topic, great quick looks, look forward to seeing more.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

It's megaton and huge blow to Xflop. Also hermits will cry when they realize they got they a bootleg Souls game earlier this year.

Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Breaks are basically dog shit compared to this. Hope Microsoft has something for E3 other than Halo remasters and Forza spin-offs or it's over already.

Wow. You've seen what 3 gifs? I think if those gifs had leaked with a slo mo of Kaz getting on the bowl, you'd still be this happy/excited.

What else do you need to see other step-back one-handed shotgun blasts and giant adjustable razor blades(scythe)? Plus a glimpse of a boss that puts on most the generic ones in Dark Souls 2 to shame.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 AmazonAngry

@PurpleMan5000: so it owned you hard, like I said. Gotcha.

And swinging around a pole arm? Uh...sounds like you should have stopped spamming r2 and hit r1, which would have been forward attacks.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#327  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@cainetao11 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

What else do you need to see other step-back one-handed shotgun blasts and giant adjustable razor blades(scythe)? Plus a glimpse of a boss that puts on most the generic ones in Dark Souls 2 to shame.

Yeah I like what I saw, but I remember liking what I saw of Lair at first also. I need a little more. I didn't go all weak about that non sense Sam Lake put up, I'll wait for gamescom

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 PurpleMan5000

@amazonangry: I died a few times I guess. I would have kept playing if the game were fun, though.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 clr84651

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clr84651 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Sweenix said:

Same here. DS2 is definitely my least.

Same, DS2 was uninspiring.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ladyblue said:

What people like about it?

1- Obviously the difficulty/challenge

2- Stellar atmosphere achieved even with abysmal graphics (now imagine if they looked good)

3- Length. For once an rpg longer than 12h *cough* ME2 and ME3 *cough*

4- PvP

5- Huge build variety only normally seen in mmos for you mess around with

I think that most people who like the Souls series is because of its PvP. This thing has a great lasting appeal