uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36362 Posts

Could Ubisoft actually save this game? No small task.

It's worth noting, when Rainbow Six Seige launched, it was considered a "meh" game, they are also backtracked with Conviction where Blacklist was almost a bullet-point job of fixing all he shit people hated, though not quite perfect.

Good luck to them I guess, if they can get their shit together and sort Ghost Recon, be first cheering. Doubt they will stop being greedy assholes.

Also the new forum feature of cutting off text is really cool.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Planned To Be Overhauled With A New 'Radical And Immersive' Version

“We are aware that some of the design choices made have caused polarized reactions and discussions regarding the direction taken by the Ghost Recon franchise,” explains the blog. “Some of you would like our new survival mechanics to have more impact on your experience, while others dislike the tiered loot progression we have added.”

The blog goes on to explain that a gritty and authentic military experience is one of the core aims of the Ghost Recon games. “In line with this vision and the feedback we received, we are working on a more radical and immersive version of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. We also want to let you tailor your experience to the way you want to enjoy the game, since freedom of choice has always been part of the Ghost Recon DNA.”

The blog states that the team is not yet ready to detail how this works, but it appears that Ghost Recon may potentially allow players to decide how impactful/invasive elements like survival and loot are on their campaign.

This overhaul of the game will take time, and so shouldn’t be expected in the near future. Also planned for later on in the game’s life is AI teammates, which were first announced at E3 2019. “Adding back AI Teammates to the game is a major undertaking that will still require time,” says Ubisoft. “We will update you as we progress towards their release.”

Changes will be made in the near term, though. In-game economy tweaks, based on player feedback, will be introduced in the “next few weeks”. Mid-November will also see the launch of Title Update 1.03, which will fix Drone deployment, fire rates, NVG’s blocking crosshairs, and Mission Complete notification bugs. This update will be quickly followed by another at the end of November, which will focus on fixing the “most pressing” issues reported by the community.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7122 Posts

Wait, what do they mean "planned for later....AI teammates"? Is this game not a squad shooter? How the hell do you have a squad shooter without "AI teammates"? Isn't that one of the fundamental gameplay elements?

I guess this game is designed for "online only" and microtransactions so they got lazy and didn't even bother with AI? "Adding AI is a major undertaking that will still require time". LOL Wow. Game developers in 2019. Release game now, figure shit out later.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51421 Posts

Nonsense.

Just make it like Wildlands, without all this shit. Every time with these GaaS type games. Comes out, is shit, they start updating the game to make it less shit. These games just need to go.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36362 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Nonsense.

Just make it like Wildlands, without all this shit. Every time with these GaaS type games. Comes out, is shit, they start updating the game to make it less shit. These games just need to go.

It will probably get worse at streaming becomes inevitably the norm.

Those unskippable ads we saw in 2K's shitty basketball pyramid scheme will probably become a thing as well.

Regarding this, I think it might end up a Blacklist where the next game takes a big step back and looks as the huge fuckup they've made.

Monetising will probably remain just as bad in some form, just hide it behind some spiel marketing.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51421 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It will probably get worse at streaming becomes inevitably the norm.

Those unskippable ads we saw in 2K's shitty basketball pyramid scheme will probably become a thing as well.

Regarding this, I think it might end up a Blacklist where the next game takes a big step back and looks as the huge fuckup they've made.

Monetising will probably remain just as bad in some form, just hide it behind some spiel marketing.

I can definitely see that happen. And yeah, I don't believe gaming, the way publishers are doing now, is gonna get better.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44976 Posts

My wishlist:

• Get rid of the loot fest. No one wanted Borderlands/Destiny/etc in their Ghost Recon.
  • Get rid of the item level bullshit (see above)
  • Improve enemy AI
  • Add AI teammates
  • Move the store out of the game and onto Uplay (I don't want to see it in the game)

Honestly the game has potential they just made some critical errors.

*oh and two more things:

• Remove the survival mechanics. All of them. I am a badass spec ops soldier I don't need to sit there and eat and read and get cozy in my biv-oooh-ack
  • Get rid of the sliding-down-the-hill mechanic. It was cool for the first couple times but it got old really quick. Now it's just frustrating..
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3211 Posts

Yea right, enemy AI is like the most important thing in a (supposed) tactical shooter and you can bet it'll still blow giant moose balls.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 54299 Posts

Eh... Too little, too late. It was alright, but my bro and I lost interest on our second play session.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9868 Posts

I don't think the game is salvageable. Ghost recon as an open world game is a flawed concept to begin with. The leveling equipment and perks are just insult on top of that injury. It would need to be a completely different game to be salvaged.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9868 Posts
@2Chalupas said:

Wait, what do they mean "planned for later....AI teammates"? Is this game not a squad shooter? How the hell do you have a squad shooter without "AI teammates"? Isn't that one of the fundamental gameplay elements?

I guess this game is designed for "online only" and microtransactions so they got lazy and didn't even bother with AI? "Adding AI is a major undertaking that will still require time". LOL Wow. Game developers in 2019. Release game now, figure shit out later.

I played around some with the beta, and accidentally alerted the enemy AI at a large base. They all ran out of the facility like ants running out of an anthill, while I mowed them down. I'm not sure that sort of AI on your squad would be helpful, anyway.