uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Is anyone honestly buying this game? Ghost Recon has generally been poor after Advanced Warfyter, but at least it kept the pretense of tactical. Wildlands dropped that for the most derivative shit ever and now we are getting.... donno even what the hell this is, enemies have levels, like it's borderlands and all that leveling up shit from Wildlands is now extended to gears and other "games as a service" crap to act as grind walls more than ever.

Absolute trash.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Leveling and grinding for gear has ruined my enjoyment of modern shooters. They're really just RPG's with guns now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

This looks like some sort of expansion that was made into a video game.

That is what Ubisoft is currently doing with Rainbow Six Siege.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Advanced warfighter PC version was good. the one that was tactical FPS. console version was bad third person shooter.

Loading Video...

now this new one looks like some casual arcade third person shooter with coop.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

To be honest, I have not really been following it.

I enjoyed Wildlands for a few hours, but truth be told if you played four hours of that game, you played 40 hours of that game. It's really just a point of unlocking all the guns you want and then finishing the game. There's little else to do in it, despite the size of the game.

Wildlands is when I decided that the whole "huge open world" gimmick needs to reel it in; if any game would have benefit from a bit more focus, a few less biomes, it'd be that game.

As for Breakpoint, I don't know. Seems like they're emphasizing the multiplayer a bit more given the success of Wildlands added-on multiplayer (which is fun, btw).

@ghosts4ever said:

Advanced warfighter PC version was good. the one that was tactical FPS. console version was bad third person shooter.

now this new one looks like some casual arcade third person shooter with coop.

Yeah I wish they would just make some mission-based games with large, but finite, levels that aren't open world.

GRAW was a lot of fun and I loved the squad and command system, and I thought Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was a pretty neat near-future-but-believable military-themed shooter.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#7 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I had a surprising amount of fun playing Wildlands in co-op but its design is definitely very repetitive, uninspired and tedious in a lot of ways. Also a painfully cringey story and dialogue, even by Ubisoft standards. It looks amazing and has some decent mechanics though.

I might play this as well for my co-op fix but there are many other co-op games i'm more interested in so it might not be for a while if I do.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@livingdeadman said:

At least it's still tactical, headshots in this game are one hit kills unlike most RPG games with bullet sponges.

That's true and definitely a plus, but that's a really tiny plus.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup

Wildlands depth is like sticking your pinkie in a puddle.

Even just tonally, the original Red Storm Entertainment games had a dry international feeling of real people who lived and died in a matter-of-fact manner. Nothing stylised, no America ****-yea, no twirling moustache villain or cast of badly written characters. Scenarios that had an air of credibility to them that felt closer to a documentary than a Hollywood movie.

Now that identity is non-existent and we get whatever shit Ubisoft dribbles out as it pathetically chases trends.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

Even just tonally, the original Red Storm Entertainment games had a dry international feeling of real people who lived and died in a matter-of-fact manner. Nothing stylised, no America ****-yea, no twirling moustache villain or cast of badly written characters. Scenarios that had an air of credibility to them that felt closer to a documentary than a Hollywood movie.

Now that identity is non-existent and we get whatever shit Ubisoft dribbles out as it pathetically chases trends.

Loading Video...

This game is love letter to old red storm games. realistic hardcore tactical shooter design for men.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Loading Video...

This game is love letter to old red storm games. realistic hardcore tactical shooter design for men.

Yes, this looks extremely promising, unofficially Swat 5. One of the most, most games ever. In the history.

Why people play this shit when they can buy that off GOG? Young people, blah.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I'm gonna buy it, enjoy it AND talk about it just because it will annoy cup and ghosts, the 2 worst "gamers" known to man ???

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Yeah Breakpoint definitely looks like it is a Ubisoft game i.e. it absolutely must have RPG game mechanics per our house rules and it totally has to have really bad loot so people rush to our store and buy the good shit we took out of the game.

I love Odyssey despite itself it just really works somehow but for a shooter and in particular a game that tries to appeal to the Splinter Cell audience I just don't see how this is going to be received well.

They may as well have just pulled a Conviction and said hey guys no tactics it's an action game woot woot!

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

If I want to play some Ghost Recon, I'l just boot up the original & Heroes Unleashed mod, thanks.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@i_p_daily said:

I'm gonna buy it, enjoy it AND talk about it just because it will annoy cup and ghosts, the 2 worst "gamers" known to man 😂😂😂

we dont care.

all we care is this is the real ghost recon game.

Loading Video...

A realistic Tactical shooters instead of ubisoft make it another generic third person cover shooter and tag ghost recon name.

ubisoft killed all 3 clancy games.

from splinter cell to rainbow six to ghost recon.

but now you will like ghost recon since its open world and have cars beside its as tactical as throw a brick on window.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Yeah, I'll pass on this one. I'll stick to Division 2 for awhile.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: An incredible post my friend, nail on the head.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Wildlands 2?

No thanks. That game was painfully boring.

Ubisoft is a machine with these types of games.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Don't worry it is terrible.. I played the beta for less than an hour and I saw all I needed... it has the worst movement and gunplay of any shooter I have ever played. I immediately deleted the beta and cancelled my $130 preorder. At least I know I like the new CoD.... which is odd, but hey... it's good. Not going to be upset about that one bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever: Oh you care hence the response lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: Let me guess you play the Division 2 by yourself right?