Get Gears 5, Xbox Live & Gamepass for $1

#1 Edited by jcrame10 (5229 posts) -

That’s right. You heard it. Same as title. Great deal for a month. Available on the GamePass store of the Xbox One. Just purchased last night myself and pre-loaded and played Gears 5 early.

You’re welcome.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#2 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5043 posts) -

I can't even install this bitch right now. Must be getting choked on all those $1/free Game Pass subs.

#3 Posted by jcrame10 (5229 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: I bought the deal around 9 PM EST last night and installed Gears 5 shortly after. Started playing around 11

#4 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

I've bought 1 month for $1 for 5 months now for Gamepass on PC. xD Will probably do it again if I can.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#5 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5043 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I bought the deal around 9 PM EST last night and installed Gears 5 shortly after. Started playing around 11

I'm still getting this...

Microsoft must really hate my ass.

#6 Posted by jcrame10 (5229 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: they must. That sucks haha.

Maybe restart and try it again, the oldest trick in the book

#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

If you own an XB1 and don't have Gamepass by now, you're doing it wrong imo.

#8 Posted by iambatman7986 (2808 posts) -

Game pass is a great idea. I'm not a subscriber because I do very little gaming anymore, but it is a great deal from the trial period I had used.

#9 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8706 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Some people prefer to own their games though. I honestly would rather just get a digital copy of gears for example.

#10 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Some people prefer to own their games though. I honestly would rather just get a digital copy of gears for example.

Yeah I guess... but for the price of buying a copy of Gears outright, you can almost get a year subscription to Gamepass. Then you get access to all the other games too.

Anyway, each to their own.

#11 Posted by Random_Matt (4324 posts) -

Is it co--op on PC?

#12 Edited by DrLostRib (5066 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:

Is it co--op on PC?

do you mean local? seems you can do splitscreen co-op campaign on PC, but not the other modes

#13 Posted by blueinheaven (4580 posts) -
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Same with PC for Ultimate. Actually Ultimate on Xbox I think you get Gold with it as well.

I absolutely don't understand anyone playing games on PC or Xbox not jumping on the many deals giving Gamepass away for next to nothing. If all you use it for is to play lots of big games for next to nothing to decide if you want to buy a physical version or not that alone is a fantastic deal.

#14 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Same with PC for Ultimate. Actually Ultimate on Xbox I think you get Gold with it as well.

I absolutely don't understand anyone playing games on PC or Xbox not jumping on the many deals giving Gamepass away for next to nothing. If all you use it for is to play lots of big games for next to nothing to decide if you want to buy a physical version or not that alone is a fantastic deal.

Yeah, agreed.

Plus there is a sh*t-tonne of indies on there too.

#15 Edited by xantufrog (11700 posts) -

I get that that's a crazy deal - but the value is really only there if you actually want to spend time in a Gears of War game... Or whatever other AAA schlock comes with gamepass.

Good deal for those who want this off course, but not a good use of my time, even if it's basically free

#16 Edited by Archangel3371 (28553 posts) -

Awesome deal for sure but I just love having a physical game collection too much. I’d rather just pay for my games once and be able to play them whenever I want to instead of continually paying a subscription fee to have access to them plus the games will rotate in and out so if a game leaves then I’ll have to buy it anyway if I want to keep playing it.

#17 Posted by SaltSlasher (1318 posts) -

@xantufrog: True, but the schlock is pretty good assuming you don't own any of the games. I mean, Devil May Cry 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Metro Exodus. It's nice getting things like Minecraft, Hello Neighbor and Goat Simulator cause its what kids love to play and don't have to buy games they never play.

I know its nice getting sweet games, some I hate I bought already, but I kind of like playing the new games that come I would like to try but would never pay for. So although not bangers, I really love getting Vampyr, Void Bastards, and Shenmue 1. If I didn't already beat others, I'd love them to.

Honestly, I like many, love it mostly for indies, cause so many come, and hard to pick, they are bread and butter to make sure I get my $15 a month. I've really liked getting, Outer Wilds, Human Fall Flat, Yoku Island Express, etc. Everything mentioned I've legit played and mostly beat, unlike some frauds who spout off.

#18 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@jcrame10 said:

I'm still getting this...

Microsoft must really hate my ass.

Not MS but Phil, I tried to tell you not to stalk him LMFAO.

#19 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sorry man but I disagree, this is just MS way of getting people used to digital only.

I will stick with purchasing AND owning my games thanks :)

#20 Posted by sealionact (4176 posts) -

@xantufrog: It's incredible value, especially with PC gamepass included. I'm struggling to find enough time to play all the games, but I'm half way through Gears 5 on x1x, while guiding Chelsea to the league in FM19 on pc while the cutscenes are on.

#21 Edited by sealionact (4176 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X: You could subscribe to Gamepass for a year and buy a discounted digital copy of gears from GP, for less than a digital copy alone from the store.

#22 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Fair enough :)

As long as they give options.

#23 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: Fair enough :)

As long as they give options.

Exactly, there always has to be options as just one is a very, very bad idea.

#24 Posted by DaVillain- (38138 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sorry man but I disagree, this is just MS way of getting people used to digital only.

I will stick with purchasing AND owning my games thanks :)

I am a digital lover now, so this pretty much aims to me. Sorry Daily, but doing all digital this gen is just so much easier for me personally. Love it but I'm still against Streaming.

#25 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (548 posts) -

YESSS.

Enjoying it so much.

#26 Edited by xantufrog (11700 posts) -

@sealionact: I just checked out the PC list - it's way WAY more interesting than I expected. Props to them for putting together a varied games offering

#27 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25509 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

@sealionact: I just checked out the PC list - it's way WAY more interesting than I expected. Props to them for putting together a varied games offering

I was thinking of getting it just to play through Blair Witch. Most of the games I have, but they do have some good ones on there.

#28 Posted by jcrame10 (5229 posts) -

Well I am severely disappointed...after all last night when Xbox Live was done and I couldn’t play, to now I’m in the beginning of act II and there’s a gamebreaking glitch that is stopping me from progressing forward. Super lame. Poked around on the Internet and I guess I’m not the only one.

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/the-campaign-is-a-glitch-and-bug-filled-mess/23288

#29 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -
@carljohnsoncj said:

YESSS.

Enjoying it so much.

Those are low settings I hope.

Anyway, I got the Game Pass for PC (Beta) for a dollar. Gonna see if I can download Gears 5 when I get home.

#30 Edited by Epak_ (10714 posts) -

Yeah I grabbed that ultimate offer, only to play GeoW5 a little early. Won't continue the sub after two months because I don't game on PC (yet).

#31 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

On Experienced (hardcore) this is a challenge and I love it.

Jack being able to support in multiple ways is a great new gameplay addition to it.