GeOW RUNNING ON PS3...REMAKE

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 BigBoss5777
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts
All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me  unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off  thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.
billbradsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 billbradsky
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts

All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me  unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off  thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.BigBoss5777

Not BigBoss again.  Seriously man give it up.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me  unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off  thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.BigBoss5777
I swear to God this is easily the dumbest post I have ever read on System Wars.
O_Lineman17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 O_Lineman17
Member since 2005 • 1128 Posts
[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"] 1.that video is made from a member off these boards 2. all he did was switch the video input 3. pause it at the right time and youll notice the disc he inserted is call of duty this video is fake

anything else you saw people, was wrong!, this is what happened, the vid is fake
O_Lineman17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 O_Lineman17
Anyone notice how when he starts up campaign the message of "Continuing will overwrite your previous saved campaign." or whatever it says. Which is bollocks, because that means he would have had to save files to the PS3 itself, despite the game asking to "locate" save location the first time you play it. So how would a 360 game be able to locate a PS3 save location? Fake? You tell me.PapaJohn24
He switches the disc with Call of Duty on the PS3 if you look carefully and has the input switched so the 360 is hooked where Gears Starts up on the screen, go over the vid again and look closely
BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BigBoss5777
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.DaysAirlines

No lets be serious. Give me a logical reason how it looks fake. Im not trying to troll but it looks pretty damn real to me, especially how he actually accessed the PS3 menu WHILE playing the game, Maybe I just dont realize it or if someone can point it out to me how it looks fake.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.BigBoss5777

No lets be serious. Give me a logical reason how it looks fake. Im not trying to troll but it looks pretty damn real to me, especially how he actually accessed the PS3 menu WHILE playing the game, Maybe I just dont realize it or if someone can point it out to me how it looks fake.

Do you have an extra chromosome or something?
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
What's funny is that it's obviously fake, and everyone jumps in to bash. It's like there is some kind of bitterness dogpile going on. Get over E3 and the launch that happened in 2005 people.

Those bashers are long gone and yet people around here continue to bring it up, use it as an example and as an excuse for their behavior. Shame, shame, shame.
fonzipwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 fonzipwns
Member since 2006 • 682 Posts
Anyone who falls for this is a complete moron
BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BigBoss5777
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.DaysAirlines

Im just saying that everyone in here is quick to call him out that its fake but in actuality they dont have any logical explanation as to why it is fake, all im asking for is a reasnoable explanation, it might very well be fake but i still want to know why because it looks pretty damn real to me
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.BigBoss5777

Im just saying that everyone in here is quick to call him out that its fake but in actuality they dont have any logical explanation as to why it is fake, all im asking for is a reasnoable explanation, it might very well be fake but i still want to know why because it looks pretty damn real to me

Logical explanation? IT'S A 360 GAME RUNNING ON A PS3.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#63 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

And with some creative video editing, I can make it look like I'm running Resistance on my 360. It doesn't mean it's true.

O_Lineman17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 O_Lineman17
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.BigBoss5777

look closely next time you watch it, he switches the disc with call of duty for PS3, and has the input switched, and so he has a 360 running an actual copy of gears on the TV
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="Drukter"]Its fake, but why would you want to fake something like this? Are cows so desperate that they do stuff like this? Good god... :|Timstuff
Why would a cow do this? How does faking this video help PS3? It looks to me like you're just looking for an excuse to bash cows.

or the fact that cows are extremely desperate to be able to claim ownage over the lemmings. If Gears of War were to ever be playable on the PS3, cows would have a field day with that. As it stands, the kid who created this video got severely owned both here and at Youtube...:lol:
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="Drukter"]Its fake, but why would you want to fake something like this? Are cows so desperate that they do stuff like this? Good god... :|Nedemis
Why would a cow do this? How does faking this video help PS3? It looks to me like you're just looking for an excuse to bash cows.

or the fact that cows are extremely desperate to be able to claim ownage over the lemmings. If Gears of War were to ever be playable on the PS3, cows would have a field day with that. As it stands, the kid who created this video got severely owned both here and at Youtube...:lol:

Are you some kind of a mind reader? Do you SEE THE FUTURE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Really, quit using the behavior of those fools that are not here anymore, the ones from E3 and the Xbox 360 launch  as a reason to justify the way everyone acts.

It's a really, really lame excuse.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Nedemis
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="Drukter"]Its fake, but why would you want to fake something like this? Are cows so desperate that they do stuff like this? Good god... :|TekkenMaster606

Are you some kind of a mind reader? Do you SEE THE FUTURE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Really, quit using the behavior of those fools that are not here anymore, the ones from E3 and the Xbox 360 launch as a reason to justify the way everyone acts.

It's a really, really lame excuse.

do your post EVER make sense? :|
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TekkenMaster606

do your post EVER make sense? :|Nedemis

What does not make sense is the fact that you claim 'Playstation 3' fans will have a 'field day' if Gears of War were ever to be run on the Playstation 3.

Where are you hiding the crystal ball?
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Nedemis
[QUOTE="Nedemis"]
do your post EVER make sense? :|TekkenMaster606

What does not make sense is the fact that you claim 'Playstation 3' fans will have a 'field day' if Gears of War were ever to be run on the Playstation 3.

this is system wars you dolt. Right now, cows think Gears is very overrated. If something like this were actually possible (we all know the PS3 can't actually run Gears, but for arguments sake, let's say it can) cows would be praising Gears instead of bashing it. It's the typical "if i can't have it, it sucks" syndrome.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Nedemis"]
do your post EVER make sense? :|Nedemis

this is system wars you dolt. Right now, cows think Gears is very overrated. If something like this were actually possible (we all know the PS3 can't actually run Gears, but for arguments sake, let's say it can) cows would be praising Gears instead of bashing it. It's the typical "if i can't have it, it sucks" syndrome.

Yeah, sure. You generalizations and stereo typing fails you miserably.

I love that game, bought a system just to play it, and gave it a great score.
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
Do some people actually believe this? Are you people dense? Look at the OBVIOUS change in lighting right AFTER it says "PLAYSTATION 3".

I give up on this species.

EDIT: Lol, the video's been removed.
hamumu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 hamumu
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts

Here is the one of the many show stopping, end of all discussion answers.

He said he changed a few files, this means nothing. It is impossible to run a 360 game on the PS3 without a major coding and structural change to the data. It just doesn't happen. Anyone with a basic understanding of computers should realize this.

Here are some more reasons, in a short list.
1. All of the movie errors people before have pointed out
2. He's a man, who claims to have defeated the 360 copy protection, somehow being able to read the contents on the iso, and modify the contents. And then to have an unsigned disk (ie, a cheap home-made dvd) to run on an unmodified PS3 (You need a modchip to get past the PS3's security, and since none exist at this time, its impossible)
3. The game somehow works on the PS3 controller right away with only some file modification
4. It's incredibly dark (So he can pathetically mask his hoax)
5. (I may be wrong) Every PS3 game is burned to a blu-ray disk, normal DVD's are not used, and he is using a DVD.

But my main point and point number 2 completely defeats this.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Nedemis
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="Nedemis"]
do your post EVER make sense? :|TekkenMaster606

Yeah, sure. You generalizations and stereo typing fails you miserably.

I love that game, bought a system just to play it, and gave it a great score.

then you are in the minority...most Playstation fans I know, think Gears looks extremely stupid. They claim that it does nothing special and that the PS3 could blow it away graphically. They also don't understand how one title such as Gears could be considered a system seller. They also refuse flat out to ever come over and give it a try. That's the majority of the Playstation fanbase. If they can't use their precious dual shock or SIXAXIS, they won't try it. You on the other hand sound more like a gamer and much less like a fanboy. again, this is system wars. Cows, Lemmings and sheep will always bash those titles in which they will never have on their prefered system. If you can't grasp that, then I feel extremely sorry for you. It's a very simple concept to understand. btw, are you new to system wars?
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"] 1.that video is made from a member off these boards 2. all he did was switch the video input 3. pause it at the right time and youll notice the disc he inserted is call of duty this video is fake

Yeah i noticed.
mighty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#75 mighty_shark
Member since 2005 • 1822 Posts
Well, the video has been removed now
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

The reasonable explanation why it's a fake.... hmm, well lets start by stating the fact that when a game is made for a console, the game programmers take into consideration the hardware of that particular console, the architecture, API, RAM, Processor, GPU, the game is made for and optimized to run on that hardware so if you take into consideration the fact the the Processors on both systems are differente (Cell on the PS3 and IBM Power PC on the 360), the 2 GPUs are different (RSX on the PS3 and Xenon on the 360), different memory configuration (512 unified on the 360 and 256 for the CPU, 256 for the GPU on the PS3), you kind of wonder how a single person could make a game that runs on a totally different system run on a PS3 when it takes months for a entire team of programmers to port a game from one console to another. There's your explanation.
BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BigBoss5777
[QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.O_Lineman17

look closely next time you watch it, he switches the disc with call of duty for PS3, and has the input switched, and so he has a 360 running an actual copy of gears on the TV

I dont understand, what do you mean he switches Call of duty, where do i need to look and keep in mind that when he turns off the game he is actually going to the direct PS3 menu, i dont see how he can do that if the 360 was running
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
If I had to guess.... I would say BigBoss5777 made the video and is trying to gather the places where he failed to remake it better XD
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Nedemis
[QUOTE="O_Lineman17"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="BigBoss5777"]All fanboyism aside, that video does look pretty real to me unless im missing something, but the way he access the PS3 menu when he turns the game off thats definitly running on the PS3. Like i said, I know the fanboys will bash it because they dont WANT IT to be true, but you have to admit that looks real to me.BigBoss5777

I dont understand, what do you mean he switches Call of duty, where do i need to look and keep in mind that when he turns off the game he is actually going to the direct PS3 menu, i dont see how he can do that if the 360 was running

the video is back up and running.....(at least for me) if you pay close attention to the video, you'll notice that there's quite a few areas where there's blue flashes of light around the outter edge of the screen. Even in areas where there's very little light being displayed in the actual game. There's also a very nice outter blue lining around the black box of the video that he inserted into the video....nice try kid, but there's so many things that prove this is fake. You can keep believing it's real all you want, but I highly encourage you to use your brain and look at this much more closely.
ScaryMovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ScaryMovies
Member since 2004 • 5418 Posts

LOL, I hope no one actually believe this.

"Yeah I made GeoW work on the PS3 by renaming some files, the fact that GeoW is programmed to work with the X360's GPU and CPU's architecture doesn't matter."

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
[QUOTE="Chubnasty"]I highly doubt the architecture of the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are so similar that someone can "change a few files on the pc" and make it run.BioShockOwnz
Exactly....it's not. Why do you think developers have had a hard time developing for the PS3?

Way way way different internally and the Cell is causing alot of the problems. Plus, for some one to make Gears for the PS3, they would need a Linux adaptor for the 360....which is non-existent.
pirateguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 pirateguy
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts
Video overlay over another video.

In fact so many people spotted the video editing on the TV screen somma12345 (the one created the fake video) removed it because the amount of negative and ridicule respond that he received (and he rightly deserves it).

Only idiots will believe the video to be real.

pirateguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 pirateguy
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts
Im just saying that everyone in here is quick to call him out that its fake but in actuality they dont have any logical explanation as to why it is fake, all im asking for is a reasnoable explanation, it might very well be fake but i still want to know why because it looks pretty damn real to meBigBoss5777

Had you paid attention to earlier posts you would have known how the fake video was done.

It look pretty real because you wanted it to be real. Its a sign of desperation to me.

zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 zeonne
Member since 2003 • 5600 Posts
It also would NOT WORK because the PS3 does not have 512 mb of system memory

Gears was spedifically made to use 512 mb, and the PS3 doesnt have that
hockeyruler12
yes it does and it has xdr ram which is wayy faster
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
[QUOTE="hockeyruler12"]It also would NOT WORK because the PS3 does not have 512 mb of system memory

Gears was spedifically made to use 512 mb, and the PS3 doesnt have that
zeonne
yes it does and it has xdr ram which is wayy faster

The OS of the PS3 take away some of the MBs .
And this thread have been totaly pwned on the first page ( not to say the removed video ) , so why is it still alive ?