nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

Say what you will about him, something is WRONG when he's pulling out of covering it. First Nintendo does not do conferences, Sony drops out altogether and now on the journalistic side, Geoff Keighley is pulling out.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

Other than being a TV personality and Kojima's pet, why is he important?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

He wants the game awards to be the bigger show. E3 losing good people like him make it lose relevance and game awards becomes his bigger show now.

Imo this dude and Sony are both arrogant guys pulling out like that. People should still do something during e3.

As for e3 I liked to watch lesser youtubers. This guys show was way too mainstream for my tastes so ill just watch someone lesser known cover it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15869 Posts

He is just a host, people can replace him easily. Sony not showing up and Nintendo potentially following Sony as some news side reported Nintendo name didn't appear in the E3 2020 list of company is the bigger story.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

@sakaixx said:

He is just a host, people can replace him easily. Sony not showing up and Nintendo potentially not following Sony as some news side reported Nintendo name didn't appear in the E3 2020 list of company is the bigger story.

He is not just a host. He is a producer. He pretty much created The Game Awards and is the driving force behind it. He is very involved in what he does and is very well connected. You make not like the guy, but he is smart and works hard. He is still the Doritos Pope though. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Sabotaging E3 to try and make his own shitty show more important lol.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15869 Posts

@BassMan said:
@sakaixx said:

He is just a host, people can replace him easily. Sony not showing up and Nintendo potentially not following Sony as some news side reported Nintendo name didn't appear in the E3 2020 list of company is the bigger story.

He is not just a host. He is a producer. He pretty much created The Game Awards and is the driving force behind it. He is very involved in what he does and is very well connected. You make not like the guy, but he is smart and works hard. He is still the Doritos Pope though. LOL

Cool. Its E3 and not the game awards but sure.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaydan

@BassMan said:
@sakaixx said:

He certainly produced an awards show glorified commercial reel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

/things I don't care about

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

Oh noooo..

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8461 Posts

Geoff Keighly a journalist? Oh and E3 is a relic of the past, no one cares about. Why do anyone waste resources on it when you can put the trailers/videos/reveal on Youtube as soon as they are ready!

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

#notmyE3

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The ESA cut back on his Doritos and Mountain Dew demands

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

Pretty easy to guess why, E3 is dying and I cannot blame Geoff Keighley for skipping E3 and not to mention, last year, E3 2019 had tons of leaks information to all major Journalist, it was one of the worst E3's screw ups, most Journalist don't even wanna put with E3's BS anymore. If that's the case with Geoff, yeah it's time to ditch E3 because of that.

Call me the devil's advocate, but what would make E3 great anyway? All it's ever been was game trailer showcase event, but now with the internet and social media, the whole concept of E3 sounds pointless even on paper. Geoff's actually sitting on a good idea, E3 should lean more towards digital event instead of having a big show floor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

Pretty easy to guess why, E3 is dying and I cannot blame Geoff Keighley for skipping E3 and not to mention, last year, E3 2019 had tons of leaks information to all major Journalist, it was one of the worst E3's screw ups, most Journalist don't even wanna put with E3's BS anymore. If that's the case with Geoff, yeah it's time to ditch E3 because of that.

Call me the devil's advocate, but what would make E3 great anyway? All it's ever been was game trailer showcase event, but now with the internet and social media, the whole concept of E3 sounds pointless even on paper. Geoff's actually sitting on a good idea, E3 should lean more towards digital event instead of having a big show floor.

I for one like to watch all new games getting announced in one place, this muppet knows that if E3 goes he will get more trailers for his shitty awards show.

Besides do you wanna watch the boring shows that Sony shits out (state of play I think it is) a few times a year? or MS XO event, then there would be Nintendo directs a few time a year, and PC has none of that so no one cares for PC.

So yeah having to watch 1 show a year is better than watching 10 or so.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

More time for ads at the VGAs.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#17 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10561 Posts

E3 is a dinosaur, a relic of the 90s. Its attendance is dwarfed by TGS and Gamescom. Nothing it does couldn't be replaced by streaming video and online press releases.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts, but I know its days are numbered. Good on Geoff Keighley for jumping off a sinking ship.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

E3 really is dying an inevitable death.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

I for one like to watch all new games getting announced in one place, this muppet knows that if E3 goes he will get more trailers for his shitty awards show.

Besides do you wanna watch the boring shows that Sony shits out (state of play I think it is) a few times a year? or MS XO event, then there would be Nintendo directs a few time a year, and PC has none of that so no one cares for PC.

E3 has PC Game Show, and that show isn't as fun to watch as it used to be.

With social media getting gaming news has become so easy, I personally like to see Sony/MS/Nintendo do their own showing events on their own terms. Pick a month and have all your news in one day. We get lots of leaks nowadays, it takes the fun away from E3. 1 day of a show on each company is way better on any giving date, I can agree on.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Meh

He’s got nothing to show

HAH

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

That’s very unfortunate. I really enjoy E3 myself so it saddens me to see it losing its relevance.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

Gonna get prof trained shill replaced by shitty youtube e-celebs who's gimmick is "dyed hair", "funny voice" and "found to have committed sexual assault".

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

E3 is Only for the big boys. If you don't have big boy pants, you don't attend E3. Simply eh? lol :P

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

He wants the game awards to be the bigger show. E3 losing good people like him make it lose relevance and game awards becomes his bigger show now.

Imo this dude and Sony are both arrogant guys pulling out like that. People should still do something during e3.

As for e3 I liked to watch lesser youtubers. This guys show was way too mainstream for my tastes so ill just watch someone lesser known cover it.

I'm not sure he's doing this just to make The Game Awards bigger. With Nintendo not showing up, and now no Sony, and MS likely not showing that much, E3 2020 is going to be a rather boring show.

Also, he didn't say he is quitting E3 forever. He just isn't attending this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

If y’all wore deodorant and showered semi-regularly, maybe processionals would still be doing E3.

The ESA ruined the show. That and the internet allowing the big 3 to show their stuff on their own terms. Oh well...

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

"No f-ing way am I going up there and announcing the Silent Hill Stadia exclusive" -Geoff

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69089 Posts

The only ones missing this E3 is this one dude and Sony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

E3 has PC Game Show, and that show isn't as fun to watch as it used to be.

With social media getting gaming news has become so easy, I personally like to see Sony/MS/Nintendo do their own showing events on their own terms. Pick a month and have all your news in one day. We get lots of leaks nowadays, it takes the fun away from E3. 1 day of a show on each company is way better on any giving date, I can agree on.

So you're happy to watch multiple shows from MS/Ninty/Sony even though you said they should show everything at once, well that's what E3 is for.

I for one won't be watching multiple shows a year.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@goldenelementxl: E3 is not a Smash tournament.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@jaydan said:

that's kind of what I was thinking too.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Ant_17 said:

@goldenelementxl: E3 is not a Smash tournament.

Welcome back from you're hiatus Ant :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

@jaydan said:

He's a very slick shill, pretty much, tried his hand at legitimacy with a book, but still a big blimp sized shill at the end of the day, he gets all his connections by metaphorically sucking them off like a big man-whore.

They are realizing getting streamer e-celebs who would happily throw their grandma off a cliff to endorse Mein Kampf for a bag of money is quickly becoming the more appealing contemporary option.

Hopefully it will be cringy as hell and full of gafs as many of them aren't trained in speaking publicly.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Geoff Keighly a journalist? Oh and E3 is a relic of the past, no one cares about. Why do anyone waste resources on it when you can put the trailers/videos/reveal on Youtube as soon as they are ready!

Well the idea of e3 was able to play new games that are announced, experience new hardware, and be part of the live reveals. It used to be like the gamer's version of ComicCon. Then there was a period where the public wasn't allowed anymore, and you had to be a member of the media to get in. e3 never recovered.

It needs to be an event, not just game reveals.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@jaydan said:

Inquiring minds want to know.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

The ultimate 'not cool enough for me' move.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4569 Posts

I couldn't care less if he is there or not. I do not follow him or care about what he does. Nothing against him, I am just not a fan of his style.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:
@jaydan said:

He's a very slick shill, pretty much, tried his hand at legitimacy with a book, but still a big blimp sized shill at the end of the day, he gets all his connections by metaphorically sucking them off like a big man-whore.

They are realizing getting streamer e-celebs who would happily throw their grandma off a cliff to endorse Mein Kampf for a bag of money is quickly becoming the more appealing contemporary option.

Hopefully it will be cringy as hell and full of gafs as many of them aren't trained in speaking publicly.

And he happens to be Kojima's personal prostitute lol.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

E3 has been shit for a long time. But nowadays it's gone way beyond a joke. All they do now is big up consoles with pre-scripted gameplay segments running on hidden PCs and someone on stage holding a controller while pretending to play, very enthusiastically.

How many games this year will have the only on XBOX lie after their trailer even though they won't be? Speaking of games that won't be... where is Deep Down?

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

E3 Jump the Shark Moment

Loading Video...

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Good riddance, nothing of value lost.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Who cares?

He is awful. He is the most awkward loser I have ever seen. He got a guy from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to stand beside each other awkwardly while he thought he was some god or something.

Dur hur, they are all joining forces for the sake of gamers!

*Pukes*

Keep that SJW fantasy stuff out of my gaming news. It was beyond lame.

Sony and MS are like...this is dumb. Reggie is just dumb.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jaydan

@davillain-: @uninspiredcup: @Solaryellow: @clone01: For real though,

If there's anything Keighley is good at, it is suddenly popping into existence without any obvious explanation, and pretending to be important without showing any true contribution to the gaming industry beyond being BFF's with certain game devs.

Geoff Keighley is literally that bum friend you might have had that does not want to get off your couch because he has no where else to go, so you have to third-wheel him on your dinner dates because you really can't trust him to keep his hands off the cookie jar when you're not around.

As pretentious as it sounds, he can't even do awards shows right. If that's truly his pride and joy, he might as well start a porn channel because amateur is what he's got.

Geoff "Oh btw [this game] won [this award] lol congratsNOW here's another Magic the Gathering commercial." Keighley.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Maybe if he explained why he isn't going I'd care. Maybe...

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@jaydan said:

@Solaryellow:

If there's anything Keighley is good at, it is suddenly popping into existence without any obvious explanation, and pretending to be important without showing any true contribution to the gaming industry beyond being BFF's with certain game devs.

Geoff Keighley is literally that bum friend you might have had that does not want to get off your couch because he has no where else to go, so you have to third-wheel him on your dinner dates because you really can't trust him to keep his hands off the cookie jar when you're not around.

He's like the annoying person who was once your friend but now you want him to just go away all while pondering why you were friends with him at all and why he keeps popping up. I won't watch the game awards because this guy is a p.i.t.a.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

I like Geoff Keighley myself, think he’s a pretty cool dude. 🤷‍♂️