NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

The closed beta started 3 days ago and it looks pretty good. The game appears to play a lot like Breath Of The Wild except for the combat and some other systems. Some people are comparing the combat to Nier Automata which would make sense since their previous games are of the arcadey hack slash genre like Bayonetta and DMC. There are currently 8 playable characters and one of the mechanics in this game is that you can switch between up to 4 to use different attacks and abilities.

AJuiceMatts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

wow this game looks like a straight rip off of BOTW (dont mean that in a bad way)

i guess Nintendo sure did something right

EDIT: ok maybe rip off is the wrong term, but heavily borrows from

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

What I find amusing is that most of the changes to the BOTW idea immediately make this game less appealing to me. For example: the enemy lvl's above their heads. But I'll keep an eye on it.

They even have the wind glider and the enemy skull camps and stuff >___< it's a little much isn't it?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59078 Posts

Looks pretty fun actually.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoodleFighter
@ajuicematts said:

wow this game looks like a straight rip off of BOTW (dont mean that in a bad way)

i guess Nintendo sure did something right

EDIT: ok maybe rip off is the wrong term, but heavily borrows from

miHiYo fans are defending this game from people that never played their games and just see this as a random soulless Chinese rip off (some of them don't even know that it is Chinese). Apparently they do some great work as the Honkai Impact series is considered one of the best core mobile games that is tragically held back by phone limitations (hence why they're bringing their games to PC now) and have great stories. I don't really care since it ain't like BOTW is on PC (well at least officially) and not everyone has a nintendo console or a PC fast enough that can emulate it properly especially since BOTW2 will be Switch exclusive and Yuzu still needs a lot of work. Another thing that significantly separates it from BOTW is that it will have coop.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

you lost me at "and mobile"

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

The game looks good, I don't like the UI though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56216 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

And my interest has died all of a sudden.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NoodleFighter

@davillain-: The only thing keeping from being full on board with this game is what its monetization method will be. My hope would be if the game is at least B2P on PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56216 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@davillain-: The only thing keeping from being full on board with this game is what its monetization method will be. My hope would be if the game is at least B2P on PC.

I be on board if it's on PC but other then that, Mobile is a huge turnoff.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NoodleFighter

@davillain-: I dislike mobile gaming overall but there are a few mobile games that are too good to be mobile only, Republique is a good example. There are some talented devs that I find tragic to be only using their talents on mobile gaming.

Anyway from what I've seen of this game other than the UI needing some tweaks it appears to play great on mouse and keyboard especially since it is a 3rd person action game and mobile controls doesn't appear to be holding back the game's combat back. People have said that the devs other game series Honkai Impact is pretty close to action combat on you'd get in a traditional console game.

I found a new video with coop gameplay

Loading Video...

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts
@davillain- said:
@with_teeth26 said:

And my interest has died all of a sudden.

I will take mobile over console any day.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096300/__GOD_SLAYER/

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Unfortunately Chinese PC exclusives don't get coverage. They're getting better every week.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoodleFighter

@vaeh: Chinese PC games don't get much coverage outside of China because they only get covered on Chinese/Asian gaming sites that most people in the West don't know even exist or let alone can get access to and PC games in general don't get as much coverage as console games in the West due to consoles not only being popular but having massive marketing campaigns from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo which encourage journalist to cover their games more and game companies show off their games on their platforms. I know about Frenzy Retribution and God Slayer (Also known as The Welkin Worlds: Rebel). God Slayer got some very poor coverage because most of it in the beginning had mislabeled it as a mobile only Diablo style ARPG when in reality it's a hack n slasher similar to DMC, Nier Automata and God Of War. I found it very hard to find articles on the game as nothing comes up for its English name in my searches so Gamersky was the only site I could get news on it. It doesn't help that God Slayer is also the name of another Chinese game which is a hack n slash MMORPG. I hope God Slayer gets an English translation.

I did not know about Metal Revolution, thanks for sharing it looks nice! It reminds me of that fighting game by Radiant Entertainment called Rising Thunder that was cancelled due to them being bought out by Riot Games. The character designs certainly look a lot better than the ones in Rising Thunder.

Apparently Faith Of Danschant and Gujian 3 are still having English versions being made but they're finding difficulty with translating as some of it is even hard to understand for Chinese speakers.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

@NoodleFighter: Japanese PC games are also not getting coverage. Mainstream gaming media is mostly American console peasant.

Chinese and PC gamers are cheaters. Region lock them from everything! China is bad... blah blah blah

The future is bright.

The fault of this AAA Korean game is that its a PC game. On the other hand Project EVE got coverage because it's coming to console.

Both games have same sound composer. Got to love the video game journalism double standard.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NoodleFighter

@vaeh: Nostos is another upcoming Chinese PC and VR game that doesn't seem to be getting attention, it was at Gamescom last year even with demos people could play. It has some BOTW vibes. It also has a prominent composer named Kevin Penkin whom composed soundtracks for animes such as Made In Abyss and Rise Of The Shield Hero. It has also has Emi Evans the main singer from the Nier Automata.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Banner of the Maid is a recent Chinese strategy RPG that came out for PC about a month ago.

Loading Video...

I think some of these games only get some coverage from Western sites aside from being on consoles is because they mistake them for Japanese games. A bunch of people mistook both Genshin Impact and Banner Of The Maid as Japanese games. Same with Dusk Divers which resulted in them showing up on Western gaming sites that like to cover Japanese games.

Speaking of Dusk Divers, it is on early access on Steam right they had a free demo before going into early access but I unfortunately didn't know about it.

Loading Video...