Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@ellos: God of War, Spiderman, and Days Gone aren't movie games. Are you only playing Until Dawn and Detroit on PS4 or what.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#102 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

I’m more than happy with my PS4.. Thanks..

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@TheEroica: I'm not nearly as fatigued as I was by the end of the 360/PS3 generation, but that one lasted almost a decade. I kind of feel like this gen really just got going in the last two years. The first 3-4 years didn't really offer anything that was on another level in comparison to last gen. Other than better graphics and larger, more populated game worlds, everything felt like it could have been achieved on last gen hardware.

For me, it wasn't until Breath of the Wild, God of War, and RDR2 that I felt like we were actually in a new generation of hardware.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22660 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: agreed... Outside a few standout games early on it was a quiet first half of generation 8.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

I’d be good with the current gen tech for another 3-5 years myself. Some killer stuff out and coming out this year.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@TheEroica: And it's not like there weren't plenty of good games at the beginning of this gen, but there just weren't any that made me go, "ohhhhh, *that's* why I bought one of these things."

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3053 Posts

@TheEroica: well, like I said the games haven't been up to snuff for me. To be far though, I haven't played everything, so maybe I've just missed the good stuff.

Personally I've seen gaming move more into the realm of movies and pop culture. I miss the time when games were about playing a game, and less about watching a movie or being part of a scene.

The best thing I've played this gen was P.T., and of course that got killed. There are more games that have disappointed me, and far fewer that is very liked. And the sad part is that I don't see that changing.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#108 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I definitely have online shooter fatigue and open world fatigue. I don't enjoy online gaming interactions at all. I was sick of cod and assassin creed last gen. I'm sick of open world games are full of useless content that don't respect my time.

I like gaming experiences that are shorter with more quality content. Shoveling pig shit in red dead isn't my idea of quality content. Finding stupid shit to cook in Zelda isn't my idea of quality content. Spending 100 hours wondering around a mostly empty world isn't my idea of fun.

I'm sick of playing online shooters with people that are counter productive to everything I'm doing. I'm just sick of anything multiplayer period.