Gears of War Ultimate Edition is mighty good - agreed?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I never actually played the original back in the day, so this is all new to me.

Well, I played it at launch 2006 and it's not all new to me.

Everything might not be new but If you play online at all it is worth it alone for the 60fps and dedicated servers online. The 360 version didn't have either of those, which are pretty important imo for an online shooter.

pmperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By pmperry
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

@raugutcon: I gave honest to god facts about things that are genuinely bad in the game and you give insults... I guess we know who the real airhead is huh? YOU!!! Scratch that, you're a turd!

For the record, if this is how it originally played, I guess it is a good thing that I passed on it last generation.

Anyway, this is clearly not even close to the XO's best game!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@pmperry: dude, I didn't call you dumbass to begin with, you started by calling me a dumbass, if you can't take the heat don't start, now take a pacifier and go to your room to weep.

pmperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By pmperry
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

@raugutcon: Are you serious? I gave an honest opinion with details about the game and you took that to mean I didn't play the game? Come on man get serious. You don't have to respond to everybody that disagrees with you!

As for taking the heat, I'm doing just fine here tough guy and I stand by my opinion that the game is really a pretty crappy game. Now you can take your pacifier and put it back in your favorite orifice.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@kozzy1234 said:
@SolidTy said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I never actually played the original back in the day, so this is all new to me.

Well, I played it at launch 2006 and it's not all new to me.

Everything might not be new but If you play online at all it is worth it alone for the 60fps and dedicated servers online. The 360 version didn't have either of those, which are pretty important imo for an online shooter.

I played the original hundreds of hours online and I'm not interested in revisiting the online again, and I especially hate GeoW Team Deathmatch mode, which after GeoW3 seems to be what the COD crowd likes to play. Execution and Warzone is what I liked about GeoW MP, but as I said I already played those for hundreds of hours since 2006. As a matter of fact, I have multiple copies of GeoW1 for LAN parties which I did all the time. I've had my fill and GeoW1 MP is still online right now for 360, but I don't play those old games anymore as I bought my Xbone and other machines for new experiences.

It's good for those that enjoy playing the older first Geow1 online with polish though, but that's just not me. I played it, I know what to expect, I did the Beta, and I just am onto bigger and better things.