gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

And so it happened.. Gears of War 4 is dead.

Last two weeks I can't find ANY games certain times of the day. Neither social nor ranked (btw I never found a single ranked game since I bought this game at launch).

But hey atleast I got a few good days of social gaming.

What more can I ask from a product I paid for?!?!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

How'd the PC / console gamer mixer go? Console Gears players are some of the most hardcore I know, that's why I only do co-op stuff in Gears. Wouldn't be surprised if PC elitists finally met their match and ran away acting like it didn't happen.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@gtx021: zero issues finding matches on PC here.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

pc master race

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

can anyone confirm?

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

So Gears of Flop 4 didn't just flop in reviews but it is also the first play anywhere flop... I predict many for MS in the future. Maybe if they ditch that shitty MS Store and release their games on Steam they'll have a chance to not flop so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Don't play it on the PC so can't comment but I know on the Xbox, there's always a game.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

You can expect that Microsoft has no control over who buys or plays what games on what platform for how long or when. You can also expect that you're going to get a better multiplayer and community experience by playing Xbox One games on an actual Xbox One.

P.S. It takes less than a minute for me to find a competitively ranked game on PC.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

How'd the PC / console gamer mixer go? Console Gears players are some of the most hardcore I know, that's why I only do co-op stuff in Gears. Wouldn't be surprised if PC elitists finally met their match and ran away acting like it didn't happen.

I see lemmings have found a way to sleep better at night :). After the whole GEOW 4 flopping , you have to come up with ways to sleep ,so Congrats :)

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dakur

@dynamitecop said:

You can expect that Microsoft has no control over who buys or plays what games on what platform for how long or when. You can also expect that you're going to get a better multiplayer and community experience by playing actual Xbox One games on an Xbox One.

But I thought the idea of play anywhere is that there are not more xbone only games but they're all xbox games so they'll should provide a good experience on any xbox platform. Or is play anywhere mostly BS like I predicted?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dynamitecop

@dakur said:
@dynamitecop said:

You can expect that Microsoft has no control over who buys or plays what games on what platform for how long or when. You can also expect that you're going to get a better multiplayer and community experience by playing actual Xbox One games on an Xbox One.

But I thought the idea of play anywhere is that there are not more xbone only games but they're all xbox games so they'll should provide a good experience on any xbox platform. Or is play anywhere mostly BS like I predicted?

Play Anywhere is sound and works just as advertised, but the reality is you can't expect to get a better multiplayer experience on a platform that is not established for these games. The reality is regardless of what people say a PC is not a competent replacement for an Xbox console in regard to things such as this, you will run into pitfalls of this non-established platform whereas for the Xbox One it's well established.

Most Xbox games have strong multiplayer integration, it's a huge factor of the platform, expecting this same experience on a PC is not going to do you any favors. This is likely the exact reason Microsoft was trying to bridge the Gears 4 multiplayer with Xbox One and PC, they can see these numbers and know that there's far fewer multiplayer adopters on PC, they're clearly working on solutions for this.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

No offense, I loved GOW4, I even made a thread about it, but PC has too many good online games to waste my time on GOW4 MP.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dakur

@dynamitecop said:
@dakur said:
@dynamitecop said:

Play Anywhere is sound and works just as advertised, but the reality is you can't expect to get a better multiplayer experience on a platform that is not established for these games. The reality is regardless of what people say a PC is not a competent replacement for an Xbox console in regard to things such as this, you will run into pitfalls of this non-established platform whereas for the Xbox One it's well established.

Most Xbox games have strong multiplayer integration, it's a huge factor of the platform, expecting this same experience on a PC is not going to do you any favors.

Ok so play anywhere is mostly BS, got it. It's not going to be a selling factor at all if the games are fully enjoyable only on one platform. It's even worse than I thought. MS should really consider opening the games to something that actually has an audience like Steam and drop trying to make xbox a thing. I don't want to say I told you so lems but I told you so.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Not surprised a mediocre shooter is doing poorly on PC. PC gamers have too many options when it comes to games especially shooters.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dynamitecop

@dakur said:
@dynamitecop said:
@dakur said:
@dynamitecop said:

Most Xbox games have strong multiplayer integration, it's a huge factor of the platform, expecting this same experience on a PC is not going to do you any favors.

Ok so play anywhere is mostly BS, got it. It's not going to be a selling factor at all if the games are fully enjoyable only on one platform. It's even worse than I thought. MS should really consider opening the games to something that actually has an audience like Steam and drop trying to make xbox a thing. I don't want to say I told you so lems but I told you so.

Are you fucking illiterate? That's not a fault of the platform, there's nothing wrong with the platform, it's a fault of the consumer and community.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dakur

@dynamitecop said:
@dakur said:
@dynamitecop said:
@dakur said:
@dynamitecop said:

Are you fucking illiterate? That's not a fault of the platform, there's nothing wrong with the platform, it's a fault of the consumer and community.

Oh ok so a product not selling well is the fault of the stupid people that don't buy it or use it and not the company that designs, creates, advertises and sells this proucts. Got it. LOLOL you lems are getting more dumb with each passing day.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@kvally said:

You are probably lying, knowing your post history.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Why do you think pc vs console "event" was done? They were simply trying to help a dead series.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flyincloud1116

@dynamitecop said:

You can expect that Microsoft has no control over who buys or plays what games on what platform for how long or when. You can also expect that you're going to get a better multiplayer and community experience by playing Xbox One games on an actual Xbox One.

P.S. It takes less than a minute for me to find a competitively ranked game on PC.

Set him straight white knight.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

Expected. Campaign is painfully short, multiplayer is outdated and boring, horde mode is where the game is at but even that got old really fast.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Lots of cows around here.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dakur

@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:

I'm planning on visiting kvally to check what is true and what isn't. I told him to send me a picture of his house so I could find it and he sent me this.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Until cross play multiplayer takes effect, this is actually an advantage that xboxone has over pc for certain games like this. There will be a bigger community on xbox-live. Plus its the best damn network you can pay for right now. There are still some benefits for all of this for xboxone.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Uhhhh, what? I've been playing Gears 4 on PC for the past 4 days and it takes me like 20 second tops to find a game.

Must be your area.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Flyincloud1116

@dakur said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:

I'm planning on visiting kvally to check what is true and what isn't. I told him to send me a picture of his house so I could find it and he sent me this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dynamitecop

@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:

Say that to me, unlike these other twats around here I will follow through with what I say.

Literally seconds to get into a match.

Loading Video...

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flyincloud1116

@dynamitecop said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@kvally said:

Say that to me, unlike these other twats around here I will follow through with what I say.

Literally seconds to get into a match.

Loading Video...

You do what you do White Knight. You will not any problem from me.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

A window exclusive game lol good luck getting ppl to play online

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

PC Gamers don't particularly care about third person shooters when it comes to MP.

Chances are third person medieval games, even in early access will gather a higher population. It goes without saying Bannerlord will hit 1 mill without issue.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Looks like this craptastic flop wasn't enough to peel Hermits away from Overcrotch and League of Legends...

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dynamitecop

@flyincloud1116 said:

Yes, when confirmation of what someone else has said comes to light you people do seem to shut the **** up pretty quickly.

It's amazing how a video can fizzle out a bunch of bullshit really quick.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flyincloud1116

@dynamitecop: Keep it up, you are a credit to White Knights everywhere.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I thought you could play with XBox users with this new scheme? If so - shouldn't you easily be able to find someone to play with in Gears 4? I'd like to know for certain - was considering buying it to play with some of my X1 user friends...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@xantufrog said:

I thought you could play with XBox users with this new scheme? If so - shouldn't you easily be able to find someone to play with in Gears 4? I'd like to know for certain - was considering buying it to play with some of my X1 user friends...

only co-op modes

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Many of us Pc gamers especially the long time Pc gamers like me don't want to and never will use the Windows Store or UWP thats why its dead

i cant use it even if i wanted to as i ripped it all out of windows 10 wholesale along with all the telemetary crap and windows store and apps and it immunizes any windows updates relating to it on boot so none of it works anymore,i'd have to reinstall windows 10 again. (a monumental task on my pc)

I'm not buying into microsoft's shitty eco system ,or using the restrictive and pointless UWP over standard Exe's that stops all my 3rd party programs from working alongside my games, i'd rather gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons than support that crap.

The downside is i miss out on some tired unoriginal boring arse aaa games, and i'm fine with that i had my fill of gears after 4 hours into the first game, forza looks sweet but im not big enough into racing games to go for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

Mmmm I own a gaming PC & a Xbox One S, but I wouldn't use the Windows Store, don't like it, and unless they fix and smooth it out, don't plan on using that any time soon. I only purchase through Steam, and some games on Origin. I dislike U-Play & the Windows Store for the time being...lol. That being said, I own Gears of War 4 for the Xbox and not the PC

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

The reason is plain simple and obvious = Windows Store !

If it was on Steam, it would've survived for so many years to come.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@mjorh said:

The reason is plain simple and obvious = Windows Store !

If it was on Steam, it would've survived for so many years to come.

simple as that really

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

I think this has more to do with the fact that there are entirely too many games coming to market, and gamer's have the attention span of guppies, than any qualitative knock against Gears 4. 40% of Steam's entire library released in 2016. Let that sink in.

And no one cares about 95% of the games out of the 40% released this year.

The problem with Gears4 is exactly that - it is not on Steam. Even Crysis 2 was more popular as a lot more high-end gamers use Origin, while most avoid Windows Store like plague, not to mention, that plenty of gamers did not even bother to get Win10 and don't even that the means to play the game.

Other thing, Gears was always a console oriented game, so the majority of PC gamers would rather play BF3/4/1, R6 Siege, CSGO and other online shooters.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Tons of games on Xbox.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

PC gaming is dying

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@lawlessx: thanks. That's probably what we'd use it for, but that's lame nonetheless

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

PC gaming is dying

Again?

This is like the 50th time it's happened in the past 25 years.

For real this time right? :P

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

So is Infinite Warfare. Bought all three big shooters and it seems like Battlefield 1 only active on PC. I'm not done with Titanfall 2 yet on S after that I'll try MP. Should I get Gears 4 for PC? I was thinking after Christmas.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kvally

@dakur: you mad. You jelly. You have a cute taint.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kvally

@xantufrog: they enabled competitive online for a select number to see how it works out. They will turn it on if it is successful. Gamers were asking to have it turned on.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

@telefanatic said:

So is Infinite Warfare. Bought all three big shooters and it seems like Battlefield 1 only active on PC. I'm not done with Titanfall 2 yet on S after that I'll try MP. Should I get Gears 4 for PC? I was thinking after Christmas.

if you get it digitally you own it on both your PC and Xbox One

I believe if you play it on your Xbox One before year's end you get the digital Xbox 360 games as well, Gears 1-3 and Judgement

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I never bought it because im not a fan of the series and wasnt special enough for Gears 2 or 3 on PC because Cliffy B didnt like us. Maybe releasing these last two games would have helped generate a bigger fan base and more customers for Gears 4 on PC which would in turn provide more people to play multi-player with. Releasing on Steam would have helped too.

Anyway, I just asked a friend of mine who does have the game on his PC to give it a try and he has no problem getting into a ranked or social game.

-Shocking!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kvally

@dynamitecop said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Yes, when confirmation of what someone else has said comes to light you people do seem to shut the **** up pretty quickly.

Same thing happened when people demanded that I prove the TV that I have, the PS Pro that I have, the X1 S that I have...I post the proof, then they shut their mouths and never even bother to respond. Same goes for the games...they are like..oh you don't own game X, Y or Z. I post screenshots, I ask to have their gamertag so I can add them to play them...guess, what, they don't reply back. Now they want me to go take a picture of my Alienware, and then when if go do that, they will be where to be found. I even offered to have them join me on Facetime....guess what, crickets. Not even worth the time anymore.

Of course it would be easy to show a video of getting into games instantly on GOW4 on PC, but they will just ignore it.