Gears 5 was a mixed bag.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15010

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15010 Posts

Finished Gears 5 last night and frankly I am not sure what to think of it. Presentation was really good. Music was great, cutscenes were well executed, game looked great, plus Act 2 was really solid. Graphically it looked quite good but there were some problems with optimization too. Ultra hd texture pack was causing stutters in cutscenes so I uninstalled it and lowered texture resolution a bit but kept other settings on high. It solved stutters but I did experience 2 or 3 crashes and handful of glitches that prevented me from proceeding further. So I had to reload previous save and kill enemies in the area again and the game finally triggered next cutscene and I was able to progress. Anyway... not a big deal, at least I was able to progress and it wasn't outright broken.

I liked female lead. She was strong and a likable character. Supporting cast was OK too. I liked the humour and chemistry between characters. Ending left me wanting for more. I'm not sure if it's because I was not able to finish the job or because I was starting to like it and wasn't ready to depart with it. Long story shot; presentation and characterization was pretty good. Mission design however just like gunplay was pretty lackluster. Started feeling repetitive at the start of Act 3. You run, shoot, see cutscene and repeat it countless times. The game also lost the ability to introduce new stuff in its second half.

It's not just true for the weapons but also enemies. Same enemies over and over again just with different combos. Time to fight A, B and C. Watch cutscene. Now fight A, C and D. Let's spice things up. Fight B, D and A but now with a robot that protects 'A' with a shield. Watched cutscene? Now fight 2 As, 3 Bs, and 7 Ds. Expecting a cutscene? Oh shit, surprise, here comes 3 Cs protected by 5 As. It really became a chore when there wasn't anything else to do other than killing run of the mill enemies over and over again with same collection of guns that were already introduced before the start of Act 3, in their entirety.

Not a bad game though but definitely not anything special: 7/10.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

51395

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51395 Posts

I much prefer it over 4, but it still doesn't touch the originals. Characters are the worst they've ever been. And I don't care about multiplayer.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

6751

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6751 Posts

Yeah, 7/10 from me as well. Six for the gameplay, which was decent even if it did get stale after a while, and one extra point for the writing and voice acting. Really liked the banter and lines.

Solid but unspectacular.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44797

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44797 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: I agree with a lot of your points.

It wasn't, objectively, a bad game. Solid gameplay, adequate characters, not-terrible plot (they're still video games, can't really expect too much in that department), nice visuals. I still am not really a big fan of sticky-cover but whatever I can't criticize a game for having it.

I think my biggest gripe was with three things:

1. Completely unnecessary game. Despite being a good game in execution, in spirit it just seemed unnecessary. It's like when your favorite TV show goes on for 10 season when it should have stopped at 6 seasons.

2. Open world. I mean....why? I actually stopped playing the game at that point. It's still installed and I plan on going back to it, but after the nice pacing of the linear opening act, the open world arrived and it was like "Oh. Well. I got better things to do than wander around in a game that should be linear".

3. Gunplay. As others have said, repetitive to say the least. The guns don't really feel all that unique despite being creatively done, and they lack punch imo. All the machine-guns (the submachine gun, the rifle, the burst rifle, etc) all feel the same. Just keeping pumping bullets out, hide cowardly behind cover, play the reload-minigame, repeat.

In general, I think a lot of established franchises are trying too many new things and need to go back to their roots or simplify things. Gears 5 is an exception to this; I think it would have benefit from a reboot or redesign, maybe add a tactical aspect to it or something. Make the guns for powerful for both you and the enemies, so there's more risk but it's also more satisfying to take guys down instead of just dumping three clips into two guys.

Avatar image for sban83
SBan83

59

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 SBan83
Member since 2019 • 59 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

In general, I think a lot of established franchises are trying too many new things and need to go back to their roots or simplify things. Gears 5 is an exception to this; I think it would have benefit from a reboot or redesign, maybe add a tactical aspect to it or something. Make the guns for powerful for both you and the enemies, so there's more risk but it's also more satisfying to take guys down instead of just dumping three clips into two guys.

You don't think the Jack abilities and its skill tree system adds a tactical element?

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

24668

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24668 Posts

Yeah, sounds about right. Whole Gears series is a 7/10.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

4256

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4256 Posts

@mrbojangles25: You can hardly call gears 5 "open world". It has larger areas, yes....but there's only two of them and there's no enemies or NPC's in either.

Gears 5 is still all about smallish areas with enemies restricted to those areas...not that that's a bad thing. It's a step up from previous gears for me in that you can actually approach the enemies without them already knowing you're there, as well as Jack's upgrade choices.

Solid 8 for me, having finished the campaign twice.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

10974

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#8 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 10974 Posts

@Litchie said:

Yeah, sounds about right. Whole Gears series is a 7/10.

7 is too high. they are no higher than 5/10.

terrible series. ruined third person genre.

Play Max payne if you want real TPS game. masterpiece.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

24668

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#9 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24668 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Yeah, sounds about right. Whole Gears series is a 7/10.

7 is too high. they are no higher than 5/10.

terrible series. ruined third person genre.

Play Max payne if you want real TPS game. masterpiece.

I feel Gears series is average, and I give average games a 7. I've played Gears 1, 2, 3 and 5. Gears 1 and 5 are 7/10, I'd say. 2 and 3 might be a 6/10. So overall, I'd call Gears series a 7/10, since I'm such a nice person.

A 5/10 is a broken game to me. Annoying to play, bugs, bad graphics/sound/level design, mechanics not working as intended. Maybe there's something fun in there, but you're ultimately better off not playing it. To me, Gears is not like that.

The Gears games are solid. You run, take cover and shoot things, chuckle at the gore, roll your eyes at dumb cinematics. They can be pretty fun for a while, work as intended and isn't trying to be what they aren't. Pretty solid 7, I'd say.

You can think Gears' popularity killed the type of TPS you enjoy and score Gears series lower because of that. But that's not me. I do think Gears cover system has been copied by other games too much, but that's not Gears' fault, as opposed to other developers' fault for having non creative minds. Same with Batman Arkham series. Still good even though lots of games copied its' combat system.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15010

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#10 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15010 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@Cloud_imperium: I agree with a lot of your points.

It wasn't, objectively, a bad game. Solid gameplay, adequate characters, not-terrible plot (they're still video games, can't really expect too much in that department), nice visuals. I still am not really a big fan of sticky-cover but whatever I can't criticize a game for having it.

I think my biggest gripe was with three things:

1. Completely unnecessary game. Despite being a good game in execution, in spirit it just seemed unnecessary. It's like when your favorite TV show goes on for 10 season when it should have stopped at 6 seasons.

2. Open world. I mean....why? I actually stopped playing the game at that point. It's still installed and I plan on going back to it, but after the nice pacing of the linear opening act, the open world arrived and it was like "Oh. Well. I got better things to do than wander around in a game that should be linear".

3. Gunplay. As others have said, repetitive to say the least. The guns don't really feel all that unique despite being creatively done, and they lack punch imo. All the machine-guns (the submachine gun, the rifle, the burst rifle, etc) all feel the same. Just keeping pumping bullets out, hide cowardly behind cover, play the reload-minigame, repeat.

In general, I think a lot of established franchises are trying too many new things and need to go back to their roots or simplify things. Gears 5 is an exception to this; I think it would have benefit from a reboot or redesign, maybe add a tactical aspect to it or something. Make the guns for powerful for both you and the enemies, so there's more risk but it's also more satisfying to take guys down instead of just dumping three clips into two guys.

Reload mini game was annoying AF and got boring pretty quickly. Ain't got no time to see that little dot on top. I mean would've been better if guns aged and slowed down your reload time over the course of the game but dealing with weapon jams and slow af reloading every time you press R key is pretty annoying.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

51395

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51395 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Reload mini game was annoying AF and got boring pretty quickly. Ain't got no time to see that little dot on top. I mean would've been better if guns aged and slowed down your reload time over the course of the game but dealing with weapon jams and slow af reloading every time you press R key is pretty annoying.

Active reload is brilliant, and it's fine if you don't dig it, but that sounds fucking awful.

Avatar image for phbz
phbz

4749

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#12 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4749 Posts

I would give it an 8, not a 9 because the last third wasn't as good as the previous. Environments in general were great, it ran and look grea too, I enjoyed the story and characters and combat offered a good variety of situations and approaches.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

5175

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5175 Posts

After playing it, it's a good game, but not really the home run people were making it out to be. I think the fact that it kind of died pretty fast is a testament to that. It's a solid Gears title though, slightly better than the last. The open area sections were kind of unnecessary since they were empty (save for the environmental hazards, which was annoying), and it's not like the skiff was a joy to drive. I think they need to go back to the old formula a bit. I do like the AI drone in combat though.

I enjoy Gears, but I wish MS would really go back to the drawing board with it for a while, and let The Coalition take on something else in the meantime.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

31885

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 31885 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I much prefer it over 4, but it still doesn't touch the originals. Characters are the worst they've ever been. And I don't care about multiplayer.

Yeah it becomes hard to still like this franchise when you are basically still doing the same thing as in Gears 1 and the new character cast aren't quite that interesting.

In gears 4 I just ran with the same Gnasher/lancer combo that I basically completed every game with. Sure, there are other weapons, but nothing beats gnasher/lancer and i've been using that since Gears 1.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15010

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15010 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Reload mini game was annoying AF and got boring pretty quickly. Ain't got no time to see that little dot on top. I mean would've been better if guns aged and slowed down your reload time over the course of the game but dealing with weapon jams and slow af reloading every time you press R key is pretty annoying.

Active reload is brilliant, and it's fine if you don't dig it, but that sounds fucking awful.

I was just saying that it would've been better IF they REALLY wanted some reload mini game. At least it would've been more fleshed out than current crap. Otherwise simple reload like any other shooter would've done the job.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

51395

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51395 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

I was just saying that it would've been better IF they REALLY wanted some reload mini game. At least it would've been more fleshed out than current crap. Otherwise simple reload like any other shooter would've done the job.

Don't get into game development, Cloud.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15010

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#17 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15010 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:

After playing it, it's a good game, but not really the home run people were making it out to be. I think the fact that it kind of died pretty fast is a testament to that. It's a solid Gears title though, slightly better than the last. The open area sections were kind of unnecessary since they were empty (save for the environmental hazards, which was annoying), and it's not like the skiff was a joy to drive. I think they need to go back to the old formula a bit. I do like the AI drone in combat though.

I enjoy Gears, but I wish MS would really go back to the drawing board with it for a while, and let The Coalition take on something else in the meantime.

I liked the Skiff in Act 2. However became a bit tired of it in second half of Act 3. Chasing the train was pretty fun though.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15010

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15010 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@freedomfreak said:

I much prefer it over 4, but it still doesn't touch the originals. Characters are the worst they've ever been. And I don't care about multiplayer.

Yeah it becomes hard to still like this franchise when you are basically still doing the same thing as in Gears 1 and the new character cast aren't quite that interesting.

In gears 4 I just ran with the same Gnasher/lancer combo that I basically completed every game with. Sure, there are other weapons, but nothing beats gnasher/lancer and i've been using that since Gears 1.

I liked Lancer GL in Gears 5 the most. At least it packed more punch than other machine guns plus its rate of fire was pretty good.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

24668

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24668 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@freedomfreak said:

I much prefer it over 4, but it still doesn't touch the originals. Characters are the worst they've ever been. And I don't care about multiplayer.

Yeah it becomes hard to still like this franchise when you are basically still doing the same thing as in Gears 1 and the new character cast aren't quite that interesting.

In gears 4 I just ran with the same Gnasher/lancer combo that I basically completed every game with. Sure, there are other weapons, but nothing beats gnasher/lancer and i've been using that since Gears 1.

lol, I do exactly the same. Gnasher/Lancer in all Gears games. Rarely, but sometimes pick up a sniper. Pretty boring that they can't make any other weapons feel wortwhile after so many games.

Avatar image for Ghost120x
Ghost120x

5421

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#20 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 5421 Posts

Very boring game with a terrible cast and story. I’m finally done with the franchise. Halo is looking to be crap as well. I can’t believe MS let these huge franchises fall so hard.

It’s like if Nintendo let Mario or Zelda fail...

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

6751

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6751 Posts

Lancer GL + Longshot + Boltok for me. Probably completed 90% of the game with the setup. Ammo was a slight issue, but not too bad.

I like my high-powered headshots.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

35802

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35802 Posts

Gears have always been a mediocre game. Most of the complaints now is just a realization of this.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

3562

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3562 Posts

I liked the first 3, but I can’t bring myself to play the campaigns anymore. They’re so boring. The Battle Royale genre and the high it gives has ruined most shooters and shooter campaigns for me. Campaigns feel like a waste of time now... That 2v2 mode in COD has kept me from even starting that campaign as well.

Single player campaigns lack excitement. There are no real consequences for dying and no real sense of accomplishment for doing well. Trophies and achievements might be the only incentive these days.

Avatar image for x_hedon
x_Hedon

105

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#24 x_Hedon
Member since 2019 • 105 Posts

Indeed my favorite to date. I just loved it.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

28850

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#25 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 28850 Posts

I really enjoyed the campaign. The game looks, sounds, and plays great. I really got into the story. The addition of Jack adds some nice strategic elements to the gameplay. I thought the larger areas with multiple side objectives was a nice touch.

The multiplayer game is really well done also. Escape is a fun new mode. Arcade is a nice addition as well. While I do miss some aspects of the previous Horde mode I think the class system with each character’s “super” kind of makes up for it.

There is one thing that really drags it down though and that’s something that a number of games these days can be accused of and that’s the grinding. Trying to acquire some of the extra content in this game can be an overly convoluted grind.

Overall I’d give it an 8/10.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

12977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 12977 Posts

Pretty boring game tbh. The open world parts felt unnecessary. The new characters still suck. The MP is beyond stale. I loved horde mode in 3. I couldn't be bothered to play more than 1 round of it this time. And competitive is still a shotgun fest that no one except the most hardcore players will stick with.

Series should have ended after 3 when the creators of the franchise knew it ha run its course and moved on. Coalition is clearly a talented studio, but they will never leave their own mark on the industry if they remain a Gears studio. It's just a safe franchise now. Nothing they can do will ever make it a game changer again.

Avatar image for cainetao11
cainetao11

36967

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36967 Posts

I played it on console and it was great. Campaign and characters have grown on me now. Easily the best in the series. Well done Coalition

Avatar image for dude_sh
dude_sh

21

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28 dude_sh
Member since 2019 • 21 Posts

fun game, but should have more side quests and the enemies are too bullet spongs like they always were.

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
DragonfireXZ95

25671

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25671 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@Cloud_imperium: I agree with a lot of your points.

It wasn't, objectively, a bad game. Solid gameplay, adequate characters, not-terrible plot (they're still video games, can't really expect too much in that department), nice visuals. I still am not really a big fan of sticky-cover but whatever I can't criticize a game for having it.

I think my biggest gripe was with three things:

1. Completely unnecessary game. Despite being a good game in execution, in spirit it just seemed unnecessary. It's like when your favorite TV show goes on for 10 season when it should have stopped at 6 seasons.

2. Open world. I mean....why? I actually stopped playing the game at that point. It's still installed and I plan on going back to it, but after the nice pacing of the linear opening act, the open world arrived and it was like "Oh. Well. I got better things to do than wander around in a game that should be linear".

3. Gunplay. As others have said, repetitive to say the least. The guns don't really feel all that unique despite being creatively done, and they lack punch imo. All the machine-guns (the submachine gun, the rifle, the burst rifle, etc) all feel the same. Just keeping pumping bullets out, hide cowardly behind cover, play the reload-minigame, repeat.

In general, I think a lot of established franchises are trying too many new things and need to go back to their roots or simplify things. Gears 5 is an exception to this; I think it would have benefit from a reboot or redesign, maybe add a tactical aspect to it or something. Make the guns for powerful for both you and the enemies, so there's more risk but it's also more satisfying to take guys down instead of just dumping three clips into two guys.

Yeah, Gears enemies have always suffered from the whole bullet tank issues. It really grates on tedious now because you've done it so many times. I feel like a horror scene where enemies pop out at you in the dark, die easily, but also can kill you fairly quick might add a little variety. But, you're right, the game definitely needs a reboot or redesign. Something to differentiate it from its predecessors.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

36263

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#30 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36263 Posts

The one thing I wish they'd change for campaign is permanently unlocking component upgrades. That way replaying campaign won't be held back by needing to hunt for collectibles.

Online is fun but Horde is so much different than Gears 4 I kind of miss that. The hero characters are okay but I hate how online matches for Horde prevent redundant heroes.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

2676

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2676 Posts

What does console games have apart from presentation?

Avatar image for x_hedon
x_Hedon

105

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#32 x_Hedon
Member since 2019 • 105 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I played it on console and it was great. Campaign and characters have grown on me now. Easily the best in the series. Well done Coalition

I couldn't agree more. My favorite of the entire series, not including Judgement. I haven't played Judgement.

@pc_rocks said:

What does console games have apart from presentation?

Great gameplay and friends online to play with.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

2676

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2676 Posts

@x_hedon said:

I couldn't agree more. My favorite of the entire series, not including Judgement. I haven't played Judgement.

@pc_rocks said:

What does console games have apart from presentation?

Great gameplay and friends online to play with.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4626

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#34 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4626 Posts

It was a goodish game, nothing special. I actually preferred 4. Open(ish) world doesn't really work for Gears.

I'm kind of cool about it all, I played it day one for free on Game Pass Ultimate.

If I'd paid full price for it this comment would be scathing, it was a long wait for what is essentially 'another Gears game' and nothing else. It felt like a game that belongs on Game Pass. 6/10 for me.

Avatar image for magmadragoonx4
magmadragoonx4

670

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

I think it's a solid good game but it hasn't really grabbed me, definitely better than 4. I think of it being like an 8 though. I haven't finished it though and might change my mind.

Avatar image for Epak_
Epak_

10735

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#36 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 10735 Posts

GeoW 4 had better HDR, none of that grey BS that seems to be a trend these days, it looks like shit, why put it in the game? Same goes for RE2 remake, DMC5, most Capcom games basically.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

51395

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51395 Posts
@Epak_ said:

GeoW 4 had better HDR, none of that grey BS that seems to be a trend these days, it looks like shit, why put it in the game? Same goes for RE2 remake, DMC5, most Capcom games basically.

True. A lot of developers just don't know how to do HDR. There's only a handful of games that pull it off well.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
getyeryayasout

12666

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#38 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12666 Posts

Finished the campaign last night. Fun game, 7/10.

Avatar image for xhawk27
xhawk27

11411

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 11411 Posts

It has better Gameplay than that Movie! LOL

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

35360

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 35360 Posts

Freaking fake news and fake reviews, GTH... Best Gears ever... Evah... 9.8 on the Gearster scale. :P

Avatar image for x_hedon
x_Hedon

105

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#41 x_Hedon
Member since 2019 • 105 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Freaking fake news and fake reviews, GTH... Best Gears ever... Evah... 9.8 on the Gearster scale. :P

It was indeed my favorite Gears game to date. But damn that ending was rather abrupt. It wasn't like the game was short, but I kinda pictured them walking off into the sunset...or more story. Oh well, Gears 6 will probably be 2021 now that they have the engine all done.

Avatar image for r-gamer
R-Gamer

1067

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1067 Posts

I'd give it a 8. I had fun but the series hasn't evolved much and I don't really give a shit about the new characters.

Avatar image for r-gamer
R-Gamer

1067

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#43 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1067 Posts

@pc_rocks: You don't think any console games have good gameplay? Lol bias much?

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

9719

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#44 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9719 Posts

I've been playing through it in co-op, with some horde mode on the side.

i've had a good time with it, pacing is good, action feels good. i'd give it a 8/10 based on what i've played so far

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
getyeryayasout

12666

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#45 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12666 Posts

I was never so happy as when I saved JD. Del was awful, wish I could've killed him in Gears 4. His constant joking was insufferable, killing any and all attempts at building tension through the games. One of my least favorite npc squad mates ever.