Gears 5 is an amazing PC port

• 62 results
#51 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@dxmcat said:

Most casual clownshoes dont even pay attention to shit like that. Lowest common denominator. Lowest common denominator. Just keep repeating it to yourself. They are not gamers, they are casuals, and they make up the majority of the market.

These casuals are gamers whether you like it or not.

#52 Posted by dxmcat (2751 posts) -

No, a casual is not a gamer. Separate terns,

#53 Edited by pelvist (7452 posts) -

Iv only ever played Gears 1 when it came out on PC. It was ok for its time but I was denied the sequels and ultimately lost interest. I doubt ill ever want to play another one, im still not that interested in it. As for praising the game for it being a good PC port, the amount they charge for games nowadays, they damn well should be good and we shouldn't have to praise them for it.

#54 Edited by Litchie (24346 posts) -

People report problems like:

Game breaking bugs that hinder you from progressing, mostly in Act II and III.
Getting pinned down by an enemy bugs the camera, restart required.
AI getting stuck, restart required.
Enemies not spawning, restart required.
Freezing, restart required.
Achievements not registering.

Unless this "amazing port" fixes all of the above, or these problems are rare despite people saying they aren't, I wouldn't call it amazing. Luckily, I can try the game out for basically free.

#55 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10556 posts) -
@dxmcat said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@i_p_daily said:

Gamers talking to each other about Gears.

Gamer #1 the boss on act 2 was awesome.

Gamer#2 loving horde mode.

Gamer#3 the escape mode is pretty cool.

Hermits, how about the settings

Gamer 1, 2 & 3....

Hermits in a nutshell lol.

Gears is awesome?

Exactly. its the game that killed third person shooters by popularize wall cover and regen health.

its responsible for casualization of TPS genre. gones are the days when we had Mafia and Max payne.

its hard to take a guy serious when he claim Doom is handholding experience yet praising open world games.

TPS have always been casual and why they flood the console space. You cant whip around as fast as a KBM so instead you get that giant FOV with TPS than with FPS.

You do nothing but PvE FPS tho so you are hardly one to be indirectly calling people casual for playing TPS.

not really. Mafia 1 was pretty hardcore. so was Max payne 1.

they were TPS without cover system and health regen.

PVE FPS?? really? oh you mean SP FPS. and they are far more hardcore than todays TPS.

Metro Exodus in Ranger difficulty is more challenging than any TPS game this gen.

#56 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@dxmcat said:

Most casual clownshoes dont even pay attention to shit like that. Lowest common denominator. Lowest common denominator. Just keep repeating it to yourself. They are not gamers, they are casuals, and they make up the majority of the market.

These casuals are gamers whether you like it or not.

That is correct. We are all gamers, nothing more/less.

#57 Posted by Juub1990 (8721 posts) -
@BassMan said:

Watch the whole video. The lack of destruction in the environments, glass shattering, blood trails, water simulation, etc. are all steps backwards.

Ah you are correct. I thought the whole video was about the intensity and weighty feel but yes, at the end the destruction definitely took a hit in the more recent games. I had honestly not noticed because I haven't played the Xbox 360 era Gears in so long.

#58 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@pc_rocks: No, but I think I made my point or don't you hermits have a setting that understands that lol

You had no point because Gears isn't good and no one will say this about it hence the only redeeming quality that remains in this case is that it's optimized. TC even said the same thing in the OP.

#59 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@dxmcat said:

LOL. You can't change terms because you don't like a specific group within the category. Causal gamers are gamers. Time for you to get over yourself.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#60 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (111 posts) -

Too bad it's Gear 5

#61 Posted by dxmcat (2751 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@dxmcat said:

LOL. You can't change terms because you don't like a specific group within the category. Causal gamers are gamers. Time for you to get over yourself.

I welded a piece of metal once in my life, therefore i must be considered a welder. I watched a movie once and posted a review on facebook, therefore i must be a movie critic. same logic applies here. Guess you fit into it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#62 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5043 posts) -

Finally! They opened the game to everyone this evening, and it runs amazingly on my PC. This IS the best optimized Xbox game on Windows yet.