Gears 5 hype thread for Sony fanboys! Update: Gears 5 is a 7/10!

#201 Posted by DaVillain- (38138 posts) -

@drlostrib said:

@davillain-: Will I need to have played Gears 4 first?

Gears 5 will go over from the previous game to catch up if you never play the last one. Your good to go.

#202 Edited by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@bluestars: I get it, you're a child. 4 points off now btw, try not to cry about it, bless.

#203 Posted by Archangel3371 (28553 posts) -

Couldn’t find a copy of Ultimate Edition at any store around me locally so I’ll either have to order it online or just pick up the regular edition when it comes out on Tuesday. Oh well at least I have Monster Hunter World Iceborne right now.

#204 Posted by raugutcon (5490 posts) -

I'm ready, already have the controller now waiting for the console to arrive for my Gears stuff collection, didn't get the collector's edition but I did get the Ultimate Edition. I hope this one has better campaign than Gears 4.

#205 Edited by watercrack445 (1843 posts) -

Spoilers!

They already killed one of the good characters in the game. Dumbass JD and The Coalition.

Also, Kait is boring. Yawn.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#206 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3438 posts) -

So far so good. Game runs and looks good on the X. (Great HDR and Dolby Atmos!) I look forward to the PC version.

#207 Edited by Bluestars (231 posts) -

@fedor:

You got a semi on when you saw 4 points off didn’t you? HaH

It’s still 85 Xbox,but I understand your emotions have made you tell lies

Fancy being emotionally attached to plastic... priceless

#208 Posted by NoodleFighter (10504 posts) -

All the youtube reviewers even ones that didn't like Gears or believed the series got stale are praising Gears 5. Seems like the 7/10 gamespot has given is injustice. From what I've seen they've actually tried in diversifying the Gears experience such as enemies already being in areas instead of popping out the ground like usual which gives you an opportunity to stealth kill some of them, Jack's different abilities on the field such as even controlling enemies and making you invisible so you can flank, there is less predictable in where enemies will come such as enemies popping up in areas where there is little to no cover. While the open levels are empty with no mobs or ambush points they do lead you to side missions.

#209 Posted by ronvalencia (28237 posts) -

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gears-5-benchmark-test-performance-analysis/4.html

Both RTX 2070 and RX 5700 XT has similar TFLOPS range.

NAVI's TFLOPS per fps difference from Vega 64/Vega II shows it's non-GCN behavior.

#210 Edited by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@bluestars: LMAO!!! Your lack of self awareness is astounding.

Bless HaH!

#211 Posted by CTR360 (8721 posts) -

9\10 for me

#212 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (548 posts) -

Got it for 1 $ with Xbox console ultimate pass on PC. Enjoying it immensely

#213 Posted by DaVillain- (38138 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

Spoilers!

They already killed one of the good characters in the game. Dumbass JD and The Coalition.

I was really piss off they killed off Lizzy already! Like WTF man?! It was clearly Coalition were hyping Lizzy up to this moment in the game but killed her off completely was a dick move. Dammit!

Kait is okayish, not the best female Cog from previous Gears though. I'm starting to like Del however.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#214 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4132 posts) -

TLHBO

#215 Edited by watercrack445 (1843 posts) -

@davillain-: The Coalition are a bunch of clowns for always killing Carmine. I know that Epic Games killed them off too but in Gears 3 they didn't off Clay. The Coalition are just their successors riding off on the fame of GOW.

They also killed another Carmine in Gears 4.

I think they like having kill specific characters off. Even if its not true I'm going to just assume its true.

#216 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

Spoilers!

Couldn't disagree more. I wasn't a fan of any of the kids in 4 but Kait in this one has a purpose and the actress' performance is more alive. Kait makes Aloy seem as lifeless as Gordon Freeman.

#217 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (548 posts) -

#218 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

@davillain-: The Coalition are a bunch of clowns for always killing Carmine. I know that Epic Games killed them off too but in Gears 3 they didn't off Clay. The Coalition are just their successors riding off on the fame of GOW.

They also killed another Carmine in Gears 4.

I think they like having kill specific characters off. Even if its not true I'm going to just assume its true.

LOL may as well run for President

#219 Posted by Bluestars (231 posts) -

@fedor:

But but gears 5 dropped 4 points HaH

Emotional lies

I’m nearly finished the game and I must warn you when I tell you the PS4 games I think it’s better than,and better looking than you will get triggered again

In the meantime how about you look lovingly at your PS4 and sing that very apt line from the Whitney Houston song “I get so emotional baby,when I think of you”

HaH

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#220 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -

Kait is a terrible character and this game has done nothing to change my mind. It's a shame because from a level design standpoint this is one of the better games in the series. The atmosphere is eerie at times. She brings down the quality of the game though with how uninteresting and unfitting for a Gears game she is.

#221 Posted by UItravioIence (1241 posts) -

TLHBO

#222 Edited by xhawk27 (11393 posts) -

Cowshite strikes again. Yeah they are not bias at all. Hahahahahahaha Still better than Days Trash!

Cowspot Credibility is done.

TCHBO!

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#223 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

Cowshite strikes again. Yeah they are not bias at all. Hahahahahahaha Still better than Days Trash!

TCHBO!

It's a fair score though. Kait is a bad protagonist and the MP is stale. The campaign is fun, but if you're rating the entire package a 7 is probably what it deserves.

#224 Edited by xhawk27 (11393 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:

TCHBO!

It's a fair score though. Kait is a bad protagonist and the MP is stale. The campaign is fun, but if you're rating the entire package a 7 is probably what it deserves.

I am in the middle of it right now. Haven't played any MP yet. It's an 8 right now. They should wait to review the MP like they do for Sony games.

#225 Posted by Nike_Air (19357 posts) -

Mooch and Crapgamer both said they are having game progression bugs. Ouch.