Gearbox: Medal of Honor 'in trouble'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Somebody who cares about the subject matter really needs to get hold of that franchise, Randy Pitchford tells CVG.

"Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford has described Brothers in Arms competitor Medal of Honor as a franchise "in trouble"."

"It's a great franchise, and a lot of people love it, but I think somebody really needs to get hold of that franchise who cares about the subject matter and understands what the real promise and the fantasy is", Pitchford told us when we caught up with him earlier today at a press event in London."

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Gearbox is a fantastic developer.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

COD surpassed MOH a while ago. I wonder what they will try with the next installment?

Medal of Honor: Present-Day Combat:P

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
MOH has been flopping after MOH Allied Assault and its expansion pack Spearhead and MOH Frontline was great as well on ps2....so yeh MOH is in trouble....MOH Airborne is good but no where as good as previous MOHs
manny280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 manny280
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
I cant wait for Brothers In Arms Hells Highway
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
If a game about WWII lasts more than the actual WWII without any significant change then yeah, i guess that spells out trouble.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
No Randy, Medal of Honor needs to be finished. It's done, kaput. End it already. It's way past it's prime. COD did the right thing moving to the present/near future..
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:WuTangG
What?
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts
maybe MoH should jump into Vietnam...
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
Maybe a Sci-Fi shooter with a cover system.
Grayden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grayden
Member since 2003 • 3070 Posts
The last good MOH game i played was Allied Assault.....actually that is the only good MOH game i have played :?
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
Maybe a Sci-Fi shooter with a cover system.TheOwnerOner
Or maybe a casual game with minigames and Mario characters:lol:
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The only reason I and others bought Heros 2 was for the fun, fast paced, 32 player online and it turned out to be pretty good! If EA would just capitulize and expand on this the series could continue. Also a new war would be nice.
johnnieblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 johnnieblue
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

No Randy, Medal of Honor needs to be finished. It's done, kaput. End it already. It's way past it's prime. COD did the right thing moving to the present/near future.. heretrix

I don't know if it needs to be finished, but maybe it can take COD's cue and move to another war. Maybe Vietnam or Korea, or maybe even do a fictional war between NATO and the USSR like World in Conflict. Anything other than World War II.

GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
EA will continue to blindly milk the franchise.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

it's been going downhill since frontline...after that they all started sucking...

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
BiA: HH Looks far better than any MOH and more impressive than CoD: MW
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

MoH isnt the cash cow it used to be.

COD1 surpassed it, and pretty much drover MoHAA and MoHPA into the ground. (they were still both great though)

What the series needs is a new take to keep things fresh like COD4. Maybe not a new era, but maybe a different perspective other than the same old generic, gung ho american soldiers.

At least Airbone was a decent attept to make the formula fresh - even if the first few missions were expected MoH linear play, rather than open gameplay..

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
[QUOTE="WuTangG"]Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:meetroid8
What?

Don't worry about him. For some reason he hates Nintendo but seems to reference them in every one of his posts. Just don't feed the troll and it will go away ;)
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts

it's been going downhill since frontline...after that they all started sucking...

mlbslugger86

agreed, although I am still tempted to purchase MOH: Heroes 2 for the Wii because 32 player online FPS on the Wii sounds too good to pass up

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="WuTangG"]Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:meetroid8
What?

i tend to not understand what WuTang says as well.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skrat_01

maybe MoH should jump into Vietnam...ragek1ll589
Actually they kinda did.

A large portion of the MoH devs made Men of Valour - Vietnam, while the others formed Iward.

Honesly MoV:V was just like MoH dropped in a Vietnam setting. COD1 - now that was a fantastic game.

out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
remember when MOH was a ps1 exclusive?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
remember when MOH was a ps1 exclusive?out0v0rder
Yup.
ohioyankee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ohioyankee
Member since 2003 • 508 Posts

The only reason I and others bought Heros 2 was for the fun, fast paced, 32 player online and it turned out to be pretty good! If EA would just capitulize and expand on this the series could continue. Also a new war would be nice.meetroid8

too bad when you play you run around like a chicken with it's head cut off due to it being impossible to work as a team. thanks nintendo for no mic support!

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

maybe MoH should jump into Vietnam...ragek1ll589

Off topic: Lol I am looking at my twin.:P

On topic: Yeah it would be cool if it went into Vietnam. But I don't think MoH is in trouble ATM. Airbrone and Heroes 2 seem to do well.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

I cant wait for Brothers In Arms Hells Highwaymanny280

Me too, its gonna PWN!!! :D

jzen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29 jzen_
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts

[QUOTE="manny280"]I cant wait for Brothers In Arms Hells HighwayLonelynight

Me too, its gonna PWN!!! :D

not intending to change the subject, but i'm lookn' forward to this too!
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

COD1 surpassed it, and pretty much drover MoHAA and MoHPA into the ground. (they were still both great though)

What the series needs is a new take to keep things fresh like COD4. Maybe not a new era, but maybe a different perspective other than the same old generic, gung ho american soldiers.

At least Airbone was a decent attept to make the formula fresh - even if the first few missions were expected MoH linear play, rather than open gameplay..

skrat_01

I remember when I first heard about MOH: Airborne in a Gameinformer article. The title was hyped like crazy over how it's AI and open gameplay would be revolutionary. But in the end, the devs just cheated and made the Nazis omniscient and superpowered with gas-masks and miniguns.

If I were to do the next MOH, I'd want to move it to an alternate history setting. Maybe if you were fighting Nazis who successfully conquered Russia, and built strange new experimental weapons of war, like helicopter backpacks, or massive supertanks equipped with battleship cannons. (the Nazis actually designed those, but never had the time or funds to build them)

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WuTangG

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="WuTangG"]Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:Haziqonfire
What?

i tend to not understand what WuTang says as well.

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="WuTangG"]Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:bc1391
What?

Don't worry about him. For some reason he hates Nintendo but seems to reference them in every one of his posts. Just don't feed the troll and it will go away ;)

Trying to block out ownage are we

Oh wait, i know SMG!:lol:

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
But in the end it all boild down to which company can milke the WW2 shooter the hardest and EA is deff in the lead :P
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

The last good MoH game was Spearhead.

Airborne was a noble effort... but not even close to being Allied Assault. Giant nazi doom fortresses and minigun-weilding supersoldiers FTL.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
They have never matched Allied Assault and probably never will, the franchise was pretty much dead to me with the pathetic "successors" ... pretty ,uch like the CoD series.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Let just say that MoH is a series that started very well then went downhill after Allied Assault and Frontline, through Rising Sun and European Assault were still good in a couple of ways. But with Airbrone and Heroes 2 the series got a little better. Like I mention before IMO MoH series is not really at the point of being in trouble, thanks to Airbrone and Heroes 2, but maybe EA should improve some stuff and probably go to another war(like what IW did to CoD4) before it does go to that point.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
To me MoH was the best out of all the console WW2 shooter (with rising sun being an exception) Im planning on picking up MOHH2 next month and MoH airborne (when the price drops) It's probably the atmosphere of MoH games ad the music is some of the best in gameing.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Mordred19

I remember when I first heard about MOH: Airborne in a Gameinformer article. The title was hyped like crazy over how it's AI and open gameplay would be revolutionary. But in the end, the devs just cheated and made the Nazis omniscient and superpowered with gas-masks and miniguns.

If I were to do the next MOH, I'd want to move it to an alternate history setting. Maybe if you were fighting Nazis who successfully conquered Russia, and built strange new experimental weapons of war, like helicopter backpacks, or massive supertanks equipped with battleship cannons. (the Nazis actually designed those, but never had the time or funds to build them)

Sounds a bit like Red Alert 2.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

i dont think MoH could even go into modern combat and compete with CoD4

i think they should just end the franchise and start a new IP, maybe a future war FPS

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="Mordred19"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

JiveT

I miss that game so much....
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"][QUOTE="Mordred19"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Tiefster

I miss that game so much....

I was disgustingly obsessed with that game. Only online RTS where I placed in the top 100 online which at least in theory seemed pretty good to me.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="WuTangG"]Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:bc1391
What?

I guess you beat me to it. It seems any post, even if it non related to the Wii, he brings some hashed line on the Wii and tried to relate it. Wii on the brain, perhaps?

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WuTangG

I was disgustingly obsessed with that game. Only online RTS where I placed in the top 100 online which at least in theory seemed pretty good to me.

JiveT

Best C&C EVER!

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:WuTangG

Yeah man you is teh real gangsta. Or just maybe you could be an insecure 13 year old???

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

[QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="WuTangG"]Too bad Wii fankids miss out on their fantastic game:lol:ArisShadows

What?

I guess you beat me to it. It seems any post, even if it non related to the Wii, he brings some hashed line on the Wii and tried to relate it. Wii on the brain, perhaps?

Frankly, if i could, i would bury an ice axe into everyone who like him. I.e a small minded kid, who thinks he is more grown up because he has a Playstation like 50cent plays. Actually screw the ice axe, i prefer a red hot poker stripping the flesh off inch by fanboy inch. Grrrrr.